Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Note Incubus and Jag are not... allies.

Furthermore Incubus is perhaps not planning to betray Allison like many think, his insecurity and knowledge that she is the true heir work against such paths. After all it is likely he thinks it better to be alive and a servant of someone greater than to try to seize it all and perhaps die in the process.

I think it is the opposite, he wants war so he can prove he is worthy of the throne he received by conquering it in a true war across the cosmos. Or:

K Prime posted:

Well, that nails Incubus' ironic personal failing: crippling insecurity.

A throne that isn't his, taken from another who no longer wants it. So he seeks to prove his worth by shattering the peace and leading his army to war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Benson Cunningham posted:

I know his spikes make him invulnerable, but do you think Allison and friends can just pull them out of Jagganoth's body then kill him?

That's probably why Jagganoth hasn't gone to war with the other six demiurges yet. They might find a way to pin him down and pull out the nails before killing him.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm unsure if Incubus' speech is faltering because he's intimidated by Jagganoth or because saying out loud to himself what Allison is and has has made him reconsider the implications

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

White Coke posted:

That's probably why Jagganoth hasn't gone to war with the other six demiurges yet. They might find a way to pin him down and pull out the nails before killing him.
Yeah, there are ways around contingent invulnerability.

Heck, even if they can't be removed, if they all work together and overpower him in a fight they could just seal him in the middle of a planet's core for eternity or something.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
"Drop a mountain on it" has been a sure-fire way of dealing with troublesome immortals for millennia.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm unsure if Incubus' speech is faltering because he's intimidated by Jagganoth or because saying out loud to himself what Allison is and has has made him reconsider the implications

I was thinking it was partially this and partially the reality of his gamble setting in. Every wildlife biologist knows that tigers are extremely dangerous predators, but understanding this in the abstract or seeing one at the zoo is different from being alone in a room with one as it gets up and stares at you.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Dead Reckoning posted:

I was thinking it was partially this and partially the reality of his gamble setting in. Every wildlife biologist knows that tigers are extremely dangerous predators, but understanding this in the abstract or seeing one at the zoo is different from being alone in a room with one as it gets up and stares at you.

I dunno, seeing one at the zoo, you get a very real appreciation for how big those fuckers are. :v:

(This is a solid point you made)

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Captain Oblivious posted:

I read it less as intimidation than realizing that the power of the old king might have already been eclipsed.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Schwarzwald posted:

"Drop a mountain on it" has been a sure-fire way of dealing with troublesome immortals for millennia.

Unless you're Aesma, in which case follow the mountain up with the moon, multiple stars, a black hole, then attempt to throw the Wheel Itself at the problem.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

These are just fantastic, thank you :allears:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Holy poo poo this one especially. Perfect choice of facial expression.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
But seriously, Besides maybe jadis, I'm thinking Jagganoth is going to be the most sympathetic of the demiurges. Like, I feel like things operant has said might imply he has really bad post traumatic stress.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I love Incunald and Bearganoth. (Regibus and Jagtato?)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

thechosenone posted:

But seriously, Besides maybe jadis, I'm thinking Jagganoth is going to be the most sympathetic of the demiurges. Like, I feel like things operant has said might imply he has really bad post traumatic stress.

He is canonically a lonely nerd who has never known love. There is no being in all the 777,777 realms who needs to get laid more immediately than Pankrator Jagganoth.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Darth Walrus posted:

He is canonically a lonely nerd who has never known love. There is no being in all the 777,777 realms who needs to get laid more immediately than Pankrator Jagganoth.

At least he's not kind of a creep like Zaid.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

White Coke posted:

At least he's not kind of a creep like Zaid.

Dude walks around in a gimp elephant mask and a loin cloth.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

You know how hard it is to find a shop that stocks X^15L on Throne?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dead Reckoning posted:

This but also incubus seems slightly lunatic to me. (I guess all the 7 do, honestly.) Dude prob has some slight disjunctions in his mental process.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
mottom was scared shitless of her own mortality, incubus is scared shitless of anyone more powerful than him, i guess even all demiurges are scared shitless of something

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

MikeJF posted:

Jagganoth koolaid-mans into Mottom's palace, she shits dust.

"Little Queen, I need pants. Call your dress devils"

Three worlds are defoliated to get the denim required.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Avshalom posted:

mottom was scared shitless of her own mortality, incubus is scared shitless of anyone more powerful than him, i guess even all demiurges are scared shitless of something

maybe the true bowel loosening terror was the friends we made along the way

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Avshalom posted:

Turns out Jagganoth is scared of girls and will be defeated by Allisons pilot asking him to math out with her

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
"What's four plus six you big sexy elephant man?"

"I HAVE TO GO. I LEFT THE FORGE ON."

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Archenteron posted:

Jagganoth koolaid-mans into Mottom's palace, she shits dust.

"Little Queen, I need pants. Call your dress devils"

Three worlds are defoliated to get the denim required.

*tears the sail of a nearby galleon* actually never mind I'll just drape this loosely over my dick, that's a good enough look for the undisputed lord of 1/7 of the cosmos

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Pureauthor posted:

HEY! Don't kink shame.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Anyone else realize that Incubus completely pussed out on that page? He didn't just have a realization that he had thrown himself into a cage full of tigers and stuttered.

He originally wanted to get on his throne then changed his mind and went the exact opposite loving direction once Jagganoth had enough of his poo poo.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 12, 2017

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MikeJF posted:

Honestly, probably surprisingly easy

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

blyat

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Jagganoth, my cousin, want to go bowling?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

all you had to do was follow the drat train, Solomon!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I like that Jagannoth always has that crown of fire thing going on. The others need to be exerting themselves, or doing something dramatic, but for him the willpower of a god is just a resting state.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

wiegieman posted:

I like that Jagannoth always has that crown of fire thing going on. The others need to be exerting themselves, or doing something dramatic, but for him the willpower of a god is just a resting state.

Alternatively, he's just literally on fire, and no one has been able to work up the nerve to tell him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Poltergrift posted:

Alternatively, he's just literally on fire, and no one has been able to work up the nerve to tell him.

It's not like he'd notice on his own, after all.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

КАЖДОЕ УТРО Я ВСКАКИВАЮ С КРОВАТИ И ЛАДОНЬЮ ЗАБРАСЫВАЮ ГЛИНЯНЫЙ ТАБЛЕТ НА ЗЕМЛЮ. НА ТАБЛЕТЕ - АЙСМА И ТРИ МАСТЕРА, И Я СРАЗУ ЖЕ НАЧИНАЮ ДВИГАТЬСЯ С ГЛАВНЫМ ГЕРОЕМ, АЙСМА. Я ПОВТОРЯЮ КАЖДОЕ ДВИЖЕНИЕ И Я ПОВТРОРЯЮ ИХ С СЛОЙ. Я НАСВИСТЫВАЮ, КОГДА Я ХЛОПАТЬ ВНИЗ УНИВЕРСАЛЬНОЕ ИСКУССТВО НАСИЛИЯ, ИЛИ ДАЖЕ КОГДА Я ЛОМАЮ ТЕХНИКУ. НЕМНОГИЕ МОГУТ СКАЗАТЬ, ОНИ ВИДЕЛИ ФОРМА ВСЕЙ ВСЕЛЕННОЙ (она несколько в форме колеса). НО Я МОГУ. Я ГОВОРЮ ЭТО, И Я ГОВОРЮ ЭТО ВСЛУХ КАЖДЫЙ ДЕНЬ В ДРУГИХ ДЕМИУРГОВ. НО ОНИ ТОЛЬКО ДОКАЗЫВАЮТ, ДРУГИХ ДЕМИУРГОВ НЕДОРАЗВИТЫЕ ПРИДУРКИ. Я ВЫУЧИЛ ВСЕ ДИАЛОГИ И Я ПОНЯЛ КАК СДЕЛАТЬ МЕНЯ У МОИ 111,111 МИРОВ МЕНЕЕ ОДИНОКИМ. 2 ЧАСА ВКЛЮЧАЯ КУЛДАУН КАЖДОЕ УТРО

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Reene posted:

КАЖДОЕ УТРО Я ВСКАКИВАЮ С КРОВАТИ И ЛАДОНЬЮ ЗАБРАСЫВАЮ ГЛИНЯНЫЙ ТАБЛЕТ НА ЗЕМЛЮ. НА ТАБЛЕТЕ - АЙСМА И ТРИ МАСТЕРА, И Я СРАЗУ ЖЕ НАЧИНАЮ ДВИГАТЬСЯ С ГЛАВНЫМ ГЕРОЕМ, АЙСМА. Я ПОВТОРЯЮ КАЖДОЕ ДВИЖЕНИЕ И Я ПОВТРОРЯЮ ИХ С СЛОЙ. Я НАСВИСТЫВАЮ, КОГДА Я ХЛОПАТЬ ВНИЗ УНИВЕРСАЛЬНОЕ ИСКУССТВО НАСИЛИЯ, ИЛИ ДАЖЕ КОГДА Я ЛОМАЮ ТЕХНИКУ. НЕМНОГИЕ МОГУТ СКАЗАТЬ, ОНИ ВИДЕЛИ ФОРМА ВСЕЙ ВСЕЛЕННОЙ (она несколько в форме колеса). НО Я МОГУ. Я ГОВОРЮ ЭТО, И Я ГОВОРЮ ЭТО ВСЛУХ КАЖДЫЙ ДЕНЬ В ДРУГИХ ДЕМИУРГОВ. НО ОНИ ТОЛЬКО ДОКАЗЫВАЮТ, ДРУГИХ ДЕМИУРГОВ НЕДОРАЗВИТЫЕ ПРИДУРКИ. Я ВЫУЧИЛ ВСЕ ДИАЛОГИ И Я ПОНЯЛ КАК СДЕЛАТЬ МЕНЯ У МОИ 111,111 МИРОВ МЕНЕЕ ОДИНОКИМ. 2 ЧАСА ВКЛЮЧАЯ КУЛДАУН КАЖДОЕ УТРО

Please tell me this is Russian for EVERY DAY I SLAM DOWN MY CLAY TABLET AND START DOING THE MOVES WITH MY MASTER PREE AESMA

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like how Operant has made a setting and cosmology where he is free to contradict himself as much as he wants on all the details and characters and it will all make sense.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ConfusedUs posted:

Please tell me this is Russian for EVERY DAY I SLAM DOWN MY CLAY TABLET AND START DOING THE MOVES WITH MY MASTER PREE AESMA
According to Google translate:

"Every morning I jump out of bed and throws PALM CLAY TABLET on the ground. On tablets - Iceman and three masters, and I immediately begin to move with the main character, Iceman. I repeat every move and I POVTRORYAYU them LAYER. I whistled when I clap DOWN VIOLENCE universal art, or even when I break technology. FEW may say they saw FORM WIDE Universe (it is somewhat in the form of a wheel). BUT I CAN. I've said it and I say it out loud EVERY DAY IN OTHER Demiurge. But they only prove OTHER Demiurge hypoplasia assholes. I learned all the dialogues and I understand how to make me have 111,111 MY WORLDS less alone. 2 HOURS INCLUDING cooldown each morning"

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

White Coke posted:

According to Google translate:

"Every morning I jump out of bed and throws PALM CLAY TABLET on the ground. On tablets - Iceman and three masters, and I immediately begin to move with the main character, Iceman. I repeat every move and I POVTRORYAYU them LAYER. I whistled when I clap DOWN VIOLENCE universal art, or even when I break technology. FEW may say they saw FORM WIDE Universe (it is somewhat in the form of a wheel). BUT I CAN. I've said it and I say it out loud EVERY DAY IN OTHER Demiurge. But they only prove OTHER Demiurge hypoplasia assholes. I learned all the dialogues and I understand how to make me have 111,111 MY WORLDS less alone. 2 HOURS INCLUDING cooldown each morning"

Haha I was basically right, and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I want to print all 173 pages of this thread, show it to forums poster Mr. Stefan and laugh at him.