Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

K. Waste posted:

Oh, so The Lords of Salem was already Rob Zombie's Halloween III: Season of the Witch, which makes 31 sequentially, his version of Halloween IV, which is itself a 'soft reboot' of House of 1000 Corpses/The Devil's Rejects, thus functioning also as a hypothetical Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3.

I was gonna make that comparison in the post pages back when I told you to watch it, and im happy as poo poo that you feel that way about it

Budgie Jumping posted:

Yeah they're probably the most anti-nazi people around as a result of being associated with them for so long. It's going to be an interesting night either way.

I just got confused cause they seem like a crew that it would be pretty dope to drink with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Can I eat a flavored lip balm? Like, would it be bad for me to just take a big chomp out of a lip balm stick? It's so tempting.

It won't hurt you physically.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Also it's kind of hosed up to just casually link to footage of a woman killing herself and even more hosed up to make a joke about how it was disappointing

Oh good, I thought I was weird for not wanting to see that footage and also thinking the whole idea of posting that online like it's a silly cat video is ghoulish and distasteful.

MisterBibs posted:

Was having a discussion on this earlier with someone, and CineD feels like the most obvious place to ask this.

Is there a severity to disruption, by someone with special needs, that bringing down the proverbial hammer (via talking to a caregiver or a manager) is warranted? Or is tolerance always/inherently better because we're talking about people who literally have mental issues which prevent them from being entirely quiet during a movie?

This will end well.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I can't get into How Did This Get Made. Maybe if they'd stop putting on their best "Heyyy mooseheads, it's Z-Man and the Walrus comin' atcha from Classic Rock Ninety-Eight Point Who Gives a poo poo" voices.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

CPL593H posted:

It won't hurt you physically.

hell yeah i'm gonna eat the lip egg

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMdx0X69LH0&t=32s

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Killing of America deleted scene. Man, that's brutal.

Turns out there's a 720p version of Killing of America on Youtube. It got a blu-ray release. Unexpected. More mondo cinema on blu-ray, please.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I just got confused cause they seem like a crew that it would be pretty dope to drink with

In the grand scheme of things yeah. I've just had it with work and punks in general today.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MisterBibs posted:

Was having a discussion on this earlier with someone, and CineD feels like the most obvious place to ask this.

Is there a severity to disruption, by someone with special needs, that bringing down the proverbial hammer (via talking to a caregiver or a manager) is warranted? Or is tolerance always/inherently better because we're talking about people who literally have mental issues which prevent them from being entirely quiet during a movie?

We have a guy that comes into our theater every Saturday who is self-sufficient enough to come in without a caregiver, but makes (seemingly) uncontrollable, high-pitched vocalizations while he's in the lobby and we've never had anyone come in to complain about it so maybe everyone is just really polite or he's able to control it enough while he's watching the movie.

Similarly, the last couple of times I've gone to see a movie with my dad he smacks his lips loud enough that I notice and my biggest fear is that someone is going to ask him to stop and I am going to have to explain to them during the movie why he can't.

But yeah I'd just either move away as much as you can or just ask the manager for a pass. Movie theater managers, in my experience, are both understanding and conflict adverse.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Turns out there's a 720p version of Killing of America on Youtube. It got a blu-ray release. Unexpected. More mondo cinema on blu-ray, please.

Oh man, this is totally my deal.

edit: Capturing the Friedmans is good, too, right? I really dig that verite stuff - turning intrusiveness into art.

Magic Hate Ball fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 12, 2017

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yeah, that's YT of the Day material. I'm gonna double feature that with John Wick tomorrow eve.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wanna see John Wick 2 tomorrow, but I'm gonna be at Talking Stick watching John Cena defend his title at Elimination Chamber tomorrow.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

While the plot lacks the puppy revenge vibe of the first, I really like how John Wick 2 changes John's role from that of a predator to a guy that's being hunted constantly. He's on the backfoot but constantly fuckin dudes up.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Halloween Jack posted:

I can't get into How Did This Get Made. Maybe if they'd stop putting on their best "Heyyy mooseheads, it's Z-Man and the Walrus comin' atcha from Classic Rock Ninety-Eight Point Who Gives a poo poo" voices.

They suck. Listen to We Hate Movies.

Lady Font got drunk and ordered pizza with pineapple on it tonight. Something she has never done before. I blame yall even though I ate it and it was good.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

hell yeah i'm gonna eat the lip egg

Hold on, I think you might have missed my meaning there. I said it won't hurt your body. I didn't say that you won't be paying a price.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

plz dont pull out posted:

While the plot lacks the puppy revenge vibe of the first, I really like how John Wick 2 changes John's role from that of a predator to a guy that's being hunted constantly. He's on the backfoot but constantly fuckin dudes up.

Yeah. I missed the unbridled rage from JW1 but the context change is cool for a sequel because it ultimately puts some separation in between the two.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Saturday nights are cool. Goodnight everybody.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I have a 2lb bag of Swedish Fish AMA

Also I submit that Blogger Jughead in Dark Archie be called Juglr.

Gonna be mad disappointed if this song never shows up on Dark Archie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAn3JdtSrnY

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's here, though the fabulous spray of blood in the movie from last year makes me wish it was in color.

Makes me wonder what the psycho/sociological effects of the cartoonish spray of guns in film and TV.
Take the Bjork fan that shot himself with a canvas behind him. "The best of me. Sept. 12"
Of course, nothing ended up on canvas as the bullet never exited his skull.
Handguns are surprisingly weightless, you think something that could so easily end a life would have a weight to it.
So it's a weird dichotomy of people not taking guns seriously, or expecting them to be armcannons.
Assuming the video is real, the way she held the gun and use of "attempted suicide" makes me wonder if she thought the bullet would just go through the back of her neck, or some such thing, but instead bounced around in her skull, as small caliber tends to do.
I have my doubts about that video though, aside form being dug up by conspiracy nuts /x/, it plays out like a haunted viral video.
Welcome to The Ring 2017.

Either way, that cartoonish scene from the film is far more offensive than an real footage would ever be.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

CPL593H posted:

Hold on, I think you might have missed my meaning there. I said it won't hurt your body. I didn't say that you won't be paying a price.

bitch im flush

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

wyoming posted:

Why do you hate yourself?

quote:

Also I submit that Blogger Jughead in Dark Archie be called Juglr

That makes it sound like he's a dating/hookup app for juggalos.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

wyoming posted:

Gonna be mad disappointed if this song never shows up on Dark Archie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAn3JdtSrnY

Oh man, this song was a whole summer for me.

wyoming posted:

Makes me wonder what the psycho/sociological effects of the cartoonish spray of guns in film and TV.
Take the Bjork fan that shot himself with a canvas behind him. "The best of me. Sept. 12"
Handguns are surprisingly weightless, you think something that could so easily end a life would have a weight to it.
So it's a weird dichotomy of people not taking guns seriously, or expecting them to be armcannons.
Assuming the video is real, the way she held the gun and use of "attempted suicide" makes me wonder if she thought the bullet would just go through the back of her neck, or some such thing, but instead bounced around in her skull, as small caliber tends to do.
I have my doubts about that video though, aside form being dug up by conspiracy nuts /x/, it plays out like a haunted viral video.
Welcome to The Ring 2017.

Either way, that cartoonish scene from the film is far more offensive than an real footage would ever be.

The juxtaposition of the two videos side by side is really intense, and kinda reminded me of the really over-the-top sequence in Jackie that shows the assassination up close and personal. It was supposed to be this big, overpowering moment, but all I could think about was the Family Guy parody where Mayor McCheese gets shot and his wife leans over the back of the car, shoveling his brains into her mouth. After a certain point, stuff like this becomes pop art, totally disassociated from itself.

The Bjork video is crazy. He shoots himself, and there's this comical little pop!, and he makes this groaning noise and falls over, and then you hear gurgling blood off-screen. It's like a horrible joke.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

wyoming posted:

Red or assorted color?

Do the red ones make your stool red too? You said anything

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

CPL593H posted:

Why do you hate yourself?

I only wish to kill myself with kindness.

Also having only seen the first episode, perhaps the fallout between Archie and Jughead came from him not being down with the clown.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

edit: Capturing the Friedmans is good, too, right? I really dig that verite stuff - turning intrusiveness into art.

I remember it being good. I remember it being frustrating. It's directed by Andrew Jarecki, who also did 'The Jinx' documentary about Robert Durst.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Slice of life I have the AC on at night in February because it got up to 90 degrees today this is bs

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Red or assorted color?

Do the red ones make your stool red too? You said anything

Red, assorted are the devil.
And if that thing, I suppose I've never eaten that many at once.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It occurs to me that you could probably make a feature-length supercut of every depiction of the JFK assassination in film and tv.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I just finished Brave New World today, so for the youtubes of the day, I present Michel Gondry's Human Nature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x4EwmMo_jk

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't think Lumet does a particularly good job shooting and staging the dance numbers, but otherwise it owns.

He discusses quite a bit in his book Making Movies what a difficult film it was to shoot, for the sheer logistical nightmare of using all those NYC landmarks and getting permission to shoot there and having limited time to do so etc.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I remember him talking about accidentally blowing out part of the set because they lit it wrong, but because the set was at the base of the World Trade Center there was nothing they could do, which is totally gutwrenching to consider.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

wyoming posted:

lmao

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Slice of life I have the AC on at night in February because it got up to 90 degrees today this is bs

Would you like to trade? I can give you a foot of loving snow everywhere.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Lady Pie showed me Babadook and Hellraiser. Am shook.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Would you like to trade? I can give you a foot of loving snow everywhere.

So much for global warming! :lol:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Those movies are good

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It occurs to me that you could probably make a feature-length supercut of every depiction of the JFK assassination in film and tv.

On that note, I kinda wondered, if tasked to make a super movie of American history from say the Revolutionary war until 2015, using existing movies, how long that movie would be and what movies would be used.

Edit: this could actually be its own thread.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 12, 2017

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

finally, scientific proof that there ain't no thing as halfway crooks.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Detective No. 27 posted:

On that note, I kinda wondered, if tasked to make a super movie of American history from say the Revolutionary war until 2015, using existing movies, how long that movie would be and what movies would be used.

Edit: this could actually be its own thread.

I still wanna do a supercut of scenes of people watching TV, where every shot of the TV shows another scene from another movie of people watching TV, etc.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I spoke hastily and harshly. I love these aging punks I'm surrounded by right now. Good people.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Well that was fun Lurdiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

Who is a fan of crepes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh God, don't get my wife started on the +5 Grandma's Crepe Pan, none of the other pans are allowed to touch it

The crepes are really good, I admit.

• Locked thread