Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:sigh: Poor Blitz...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Basticle posted:

so i think ever since velvet shell came out shadowplay might be broken with this game? it says its saving recordings but it never saves it to my folder (other games work fine)

Unless there was a very recent nvidia patch that messed it up i doubt it.
All the Velvet Shell footage recorded by the pros/youtubers present at the invitational was done through shadowplay.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Basticle posted:

so i think ever since velvet shell came out shadowplay might be broken with this game? it says its saving recordings but it never saves it to my folder (other games work fine)
Works here.

What happens if you turn on desktop recording, start recording in desktop mode, and then fullscreen Rainbow Six?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cardboard Box A posted:

Works here.

What happens if you turn on desktop recording, start recording in desktop mode, and then fullscreen Rainbow Six?

Works fine for me, and mine's just set up the normal way. I did update it right before the last update though, so maybe Basticle has an old version?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
NewEgg has both Siege and The Division on sale for $15 with the code 0210cls01.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So it seems that there's a bolt action rifle reload animation in the game: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XRT%20Sternritter/video/24562953

Guessing that one of the Hong Kong Ops is gonna be a sneaky sniper.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

apparently updating my drivers fixed it :doh:

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Anybody having Uplay issues? Brother can't connect.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I am having some strange issue with stuttering lately. My game would have severe stuttering for the first 1-2 minute of every round, then it subsides and I get stable 60 fps. Happens in every mode. Tried various fixes, changed settings, moved the game from SSD, but no dice. It only happens with Siege, too (well, the symptom is rather unique, but I can play other games with reasonable settings without similar issue.)

Anyone encounter similar problem before?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard can I get a FLAC version of the Coastline pool music?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Wow the reticles are utter garbage again. Nice.

Honestly I think Mira's windows are not actually that good. Sometimes you can cheese people with them, but eventually they're gonna get opened and then it's just a perfect killhole that Hibana doesn't have to make so she can go make them somewhere else.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 13, 2017

SMP
May 5, 2009

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Honestly I think Mira's windows are not actually that good. Sometimes you can cheese people with them, but eventually they're gonna get opened and then it's just a perfect killhole that Hibana doesn't have to make so she can go make them somewhere else.

They're best used as intel rather than actual killholes.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

As SMP said, they are definitely better used to get intel on enemies than to try and cheese a kill or two since it can backfire pretty bad. I think once (if?) the bugs with her windows are fixed, and once the hype dies down and people stop playing Twitch so much, she will be decent.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SMP posted:

Yeah all the best uses of the windows I've seen have been people using them to spot people coming in and rushing around to the door to catch them rather than popping the window and trying to shoot them there. On the other side of things, every time I see someone pop the window, it ends with them maybe scoring one kill, and then the opposing team killing them and two other people in the room who didn't realize their backs were now totally exposed.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I only pop the window late in the match when it's like 2v2. The surprise can be enough to win.
I only pop windows early if they're not really on the point. Like in Oregon dorms I tried it on the attic hall so I would have a kill hole while they couldn't make a hole to walk through

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Hard can I get a FLAC version of the Coastline pool music?

This.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

SMP posted:

they also don't have to go directly on the objective or even on reinforced walls :ssh:

i wasn't impressed with mira at first but the more i play her the more i love her and the vector is bordering on overpowered even though it is one of the ugliest guns ever

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I wish I hadn't been stupid and had just bought the full game for this price instead of the lovely starter version. I already shelled out an additional 20 bucks just to unlock more operators because the grind is impossible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/xc8pi

I was like what

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Thief posted:

they also don't have to go directly on the objective or even on reinforced walls :ssh:

I don't play Mira but a friend does and he always puts them on unreinforced walls and just wall bangs people. It seems to be pretty effective.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Bilal posted:

I wish I hadn't been stupid and had just bought the full game for this price instead of the lovely starter version. I already shelled out an additional 20 bucks just to unlock more operators because the grind is impossible.

Whenever this happens to me, I just stop and think about it; yeah, sure, you may have paid full price for the game and then a little extra for the operators, but look at it this way - you got to enjoy months of playing it. If you had waited until recently to get the discounted version, you'd have missed out on all the fun times you had before, right? It usually makes me feel less financially stupid when I think of it in those terms.

Baiard posted:

I don't play Mira but a friend does and he always puts them on unreinforced walls and just wall bangs people. It seems to be pretty effective.

Putting windows on unreinforced walls is dumb imo, it's easy for people to take pot-shots at you through the wall by luck, or to throw a grenade and gently caress your day up. I always reinforce the wall the window is on, but leave the one beside it normal.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Loopoo posted:

Whenever this happens to me, I just stop and think about it; yeah, sure, you may have paid full price for the game and then a little extra for the operators, but look at it this way - you got to enjoy months of playing it. If you had waited until recently to get the discounted version, you'd have missed out on all the fun times you had before, right? It usually makes me feel less financially stupid when I think of it in those terms.

I agree completely, it's just that very shortly after the starter version was offered, the game started going for deep discounts on Amazon and other places. At the end of the day, I'm probably going to end up paying more than 60 bucks just to unlock more operators as they come out. It's fine though, it's a great game either way, and hopefully at the end of the game's life they'll offer a complete bundle or something because it's very unlikely I'll ever grind up 25,000 renown for every single operator I haven't unlocked yet.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Bilal posted:

I agree completely, it's just that very shortly after the starter version was offered, the game started going for deep discounts on Amazon and other places. At the end of the day, I'm probably going to end up paying more than 60 bucks just to unlock more operators as they come out. It's fine though, it's a great game either way, and hopefully at the end of the game's life they'll offer a complete bundle or something because it's very unlikely I'll ever grind up 25,000 renown for every single operator I haven't unlocked yet.

I did the grind and had 23,000 renown but then thought "There's no way I'm doing this 4 or 5 times again to unlock the other operators I got, plus extra to get the gun attachments" so I just shelled out the 15 quid for the season 1 operator bundle and I have the season 2 pass. I figured they did a drat good job this previous year, so I can trust them to hopefully do a better job this coming year.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Casuals! I unlocked all the S1 ops just by playing.

Then I bought the Season 2 pass because I like the game and want to support it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Casuals! I unlocked all the S1 ops just by playing.

Then I bought the Season 2 pass because I like the game and want to support it.
Same, I unlocked every vanilla op and every defender DLC op (since I skew heavily towards vanilla attackers), and then bought passes for years 1 and 2 to ensure healthy continuation of this love-and-hate relationship.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I feel like the biggest improvement to my skill would come from me just spending an hour or two hosting a custom game and exploring maps to get a feel for them and understand the layout perfectly. But every time I go to do it, I decide to play a match instead. I figure over time I'll gradually learn the map angles and where I can flank / be flanked from.

I also gotta work on my aim going to poo poo when I panic, happens hella bad when I'm the last one alive. I'll jank up shots because I'm just under pressure. I'll even have the jump on someone but panic and wildfire and end up deaded.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Loopoo posted:

I feel like the biggest improvement to my skill would come from me just spending an hour or two hosting a custom game and exploring maps to get a feel for them and understand the layout perfectly. But every time I go to do it, I decide to play a match instead. I figure over time I'll gradually learn the map angles and where I can flank / be flanked from.

I also gotta work on my aim going to poo poo when I panic, happens hella bad when I'm the last one alive. I'll jank up shots because I'm just under pressure. I'll even have the jump on someone but panic and wildfire and end up deaded.
Roaming custom maps alone will give you benefit only if you don't know the map at all and want to learn how to find stairs and what the rooms look like and such, or if you know the map and understand the game well enough to try to find specific angles to counter standard plays.

Sure, boot the map once to slowly walk through it, but after that don't bother with it until way later, and just play. You can always disable all irrelevant maps for terrorist hunt too, if you want slightly more pressured map practice.

Also, calm down. It's a video game, you have no reason to panic.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm 250 hours in and it still completely fucks me up when I'm the last defender on spot.

It's great.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Girls might be watching!!

Qubee
May 31, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's hard not to cause I overthink everything and I know I play well, but when my thoughts are going a mile a minute I end up making GBS threads the bed when someone farts through a doorway. I dunno why that happens, I guess I just gotta learn to not give a gently caress. But mostly it's letting my team down, since I only get that way when my team are super chill people that have carried me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kikas posted:

So it seems that there's a bolt action rifle reload animation in the game: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XRT%20Sternritter/video/24562953

Guessing that one of the Hong Kong Ops is gonna be a sneaky sniper.

My prediction: in the never ending checks and balance battles of siege operators, the bolt action rifle will penetrate Mira windows.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can Mira's windows be destroyed from outside by say, ash's breaching charge? Or is the only way to open them up to pop the gas canister on the inside?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If a hibana pellet clips it at all and goes off the glass falls out

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Depends on if they are on a reinforced wall.

TheHero
Feb 13, 2017

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Can Mira's windows be destroyed from outside by say, ash's breaching charge? Or is the only way to open them up to pop the gas canister on the inside?

I've seen this glitch. This was last week, so I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-i8LHJ0ycU

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I think a placeholder audio file just played for the first time.
https://streamable.com/2sh3c

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

TheHero posted:

I've seen this glitch. This was last week, so I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-i8LHJ0ycU

I've seen a Twitch drone do it this way too. I've also seen Twitch drones 1 shot Tachanka's gun so lol.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Actual explosions do nothing to the gas canister. Shooting it with anything or meleeing are the only way to popping it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Paradigmata posted:

I think a placeholder audio file just played for the first time.
https://streamable.com/2sh3c

Maybe a different language's audio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

It would be cool to have the option to have operators speak in their native languages.

Maybe I've been playing too much xcom

• Locked thread