Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Grand Fromage posted:

(it was actually good and I'd eat it again :ohdear: )

that looks pretty good. I wish we could get it in estados unidos

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

This looks like if one of those tropical corpse flowers adapted to attract humans :stonk:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Pretty good loss edit but in the last panel the guy should be laying down and the burger should be standing up.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Aesop Poprock posted:

(they're wassabi filled)

Wasabi filled pralines are actually pretty good, I've had them before.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

Got nothing on Germany's beercola.

Yeah I was in Berlin the other week and saw that. They call it 'diesel'. Didn't try it :barf:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You know
It could depend on the style of the beer.

Though a cola pale sounds good in concept, something low abv and not malty.
Hmm. This needs some mulling over.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Feb 13, 2017

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah I was in Berlin the other week and saw that. They call it 'diesel'. Didn't try it :barf:

Putting things in beer is a thing all over Germany. I was quite partial to Fanta in wheat beer. But they do the full gamut of fruit juices in beer too (shandys).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ranter posted:

Putting things in beer is a thing all over Germany. I was quite partial to Fanta in wheat beer. But they do the full gamut of fruit juices in beer too (shandys).

Ah christ why
I mean im no stranger to it (grapefruit and franziskaner is my goddamn jam) but fanta?

fanta?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
German fanta is mostly real orange juice. It's not like the American poo poo.

Also, google 'spezi'. It's cola and orange mixed together that you buy in a bottle just like any other softdrink.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tony Bologna posted:

We've got a couple of future serial killers here :stonk:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hmm. This needs some mulling over.
Christ, it's bad enough already

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Ranter posted:

German fanta is mostly real orange juice. It's not like the American poo poo.

What? I'm in Germany and the Fanta I buy (i.e. the stuff that actually says Fanta on it) is exactly the same as "the American poo poo". They have carbonated orange juice drinks but they aren't called Fanta.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
No it is not exactly the same at all. After water and sugar, the main ingredient is orange juice. Here is a photo I took on my last trip because it tasted like real oranges. American Fanta isn't using orange juice.

If you think it even tastes the same, then unfortunately your palate is hosed.

Bald Stalin has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Feb 13, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

They both taste like orange soda. If you think they taste significantly differently your palate is being fooled by marketing.

Cola light tastes differently than diet coke too here but they are still very similar.

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

Today I learned that there are much better names for Taco In A Bag than Taco In A Bag. And that the bag probably shouldn't be clear.

And that Lunchables has branched out.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

yeah I eat rear end posted:

They both taste like orange soda. If you think they taste significantly differently your palate is being fooled by marketing

Lol if you think they taste the same. One uses orange juice, the other doesn't.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Jam With Seeds posted:

Today I learned that there are much better names for Taco In A Bag than Taco In A Bag. And that the bag probably shouldn't be clear.

And that Lunchables has branched out.

lunchables needs to officially brand itself as "meals for kids who have retarded parents"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The standard real juice percentage is like 3 percent. It is different but you are blowing it out of proportion. In the end it's all flavored sugar water whose only good purpose is to mix with liquor.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

The standard real juice percentage is like 3 percent.

Wrong again. We'll leave it there since you seem incapable of admitting a mistake.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

What? I'm in Germany and the Fanta I buy (i.e. the stuff that actually says Fanta on it) is exactly the same as "the American poo poo". They have carbonated orange juice drinks but they aren't called Fanta.

Wikipedia posted:

Fanta (/ˈfɑːntə/ fahn-tə) is a global brand of fruit-flavored carbonated soft drinks created by The Coca-Cola Company. There are more than 100 flavors worldwide. The drink originated in Nazi Germany under trade embargo for Coca-Cola ingredients in 1940.

All fanta is german fanta :godwin:

Or did you not know you were drinking Volkisch-Cola?

HookedOnChthonics has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Feb 14, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Ranter posted:

No it is not exactly the same at all. After water and sugar, the main ingredient is orange juice. Here is a photo I took on my last trip because it tasted like real oranges. American Fanta isn't using orange juice.

If you think it even tastes the same, then unfortunately your palate is hosed.

Don't be such a soda Hitler about your Hitler soda. KIDDING I KNOW THAT'S NOT REALLY WHAT IT IS

Alternatively:

Don't you wanta wanta stop sperging?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Ranter posted:

Lol if you think they taste the same. One uses orange juice, the other doesn't.
:ssh: Orange juice has no actual flavour, it's all chemicals and sugar you're tasting. http://gizmodo.com/5825909/orange-juice-is-artificially-flavored-to-taste-like-oranges

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Feb 14, 2017

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Q!=E :downs:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Wow, thank you for explaining why I hate orange juice so much. :aaa: I figured it was all artificial flavors anyways, but drat.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Don't you wanta wanta stop sperging?

They look and taste different. The other guy is the one that tried to say they're exactly the same. TIL pointing out that someone's correction was wrong is sperging.

Elizabethan Error posted:

:ssh: Orange juice has no actual flavour

LOL

Bald Stalin has a new favorite as of 01:15 on Feb 14, 2017

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

you won't see any indication of this on most labels as it's a byproduct of orange processing and therefore a natural product, labeling laws are really backwards.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:ssh: Orange juice has no actual flavour, it's all chemicals and sugar you're tasting. http://gizmodo.com/5825909/orange-juice-is-artificially-flavored-to-taste-like-oranges

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

you won't see any indication of this on most labels as it's a byproduct of orange processing and therefore a natural product, labeling laws are really backwards.

You're referring to specific fruit 'juices' made and sold in the USA by a specific company. The EU has a completely different set of laws. If it's labelled 'orange juice' then it's orange juice.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

This is old news. John McPhee wrote a really excellent book called Oranges in 1967 that describes the horrors of orange juice. It also contains more information about oranges than you probably care to have but god drat if it isn't fascinating.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This has to be an American thing right? :psyduck: Orange juice as in juice from oranges has plenty of flavour, at least here.

Also, "chemicals" are what's responsible for all taste so uh....?

e: I'm tired, forgive me. Just read the link and that's actually interesting. I guess it's basically lovely labeling then, where juice =/= juice.

Your Computer has a new favorite as of 02:01 on Feb 14, 2017

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Ranter posted:

You're referring to specific fruit 'juices' made and sold in the USA by a specific company. The EU has a completely different set of laws. If it's labelled 'orange juice' then it's orange juice.

uh ok

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2012:115:0001:0011:EN:PDF posted:

‘ANNEX I
PRODUCT NAMES, DEFINITIONS OF PRODUCTS AND CHARACTERISTICS
I. DEFINITIONS
1. (a) Fruit juice
The fermentable but unfermented product obtained from the edible part of fruit which is sound and ripe, fresh
or preserved by chilling or freezing of one or more kinds mixed together having the characteristic colour,
flavour and taste typical of the juice of the fruit from which it comes.
Flavour, pulp, and cells obtained by suitable physical means from the same species of fruit may be restored to
the juice.
flavour paks being derived from oranges(they're orange essential oils mostly), you're still wrong about oj :)

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

This is old news. John McPhee wrote a really excellent book called Oranges in 1967 that describes the horrors of orange juice. It also contains more information about oranges than you probably care to have but god drat if it isn't fascinating.
fair point, though people are still ignorant about it to some degree.

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Feb 14, 2017

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

This is why you use your home juice squeezer to create fresh orange juice for every occasion. :colbert:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

if you piss in a bottle and put it in one of those carbonation thingies you can have an endless supply of mountain dew

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

quote:

Pulp or cells
The products obtained from the edible parts of fruit of the same species without removing the juice. Furthermore, for
citrus fruit, pulp or cells are the juice sacs obtained from the endocarp

All it's saying is you can add the pulp back lol

There's no pulp in European Fanta which looks and tastes different to American Fanta. Anyone that claims they are the same and taste the same have poo poo palates and eyesight.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ranter posted:

They look and taste different. The other guy is the one that tried to say they're exactly the same. TIL pointing out that someone's correction was wrong is sperging.

No argument here! Endlessly yelping about soda is 100% sperging.

I've had Fanta in the USA, the UK, Egypt, the UAE, and Japan. While I cannot say for sure that it tastes significantly different, I guess it's possible?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Ranter posted:

All it's saying is you can add the pulp back lol
uh no, it mentions cells specifically, which indicates they're trying to OK the expression of essential oils from the orange rind.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
A low-quality derail calls for a low-quality film

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

I want to curl up inside and pull the bun over me like a blanket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

uh no, it mentions cells specifically, which indicates they're trying to OK the expression of essential oils from the orange rind.

Someone doesn't know what endocarp means. You should read the document you tried to use as a source a little more closely. I even quoted the definition of cell from it it for you.