Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rigel posted:

The UFC just updated Johnny Hendricks to Middleweight on their list of fighters.

I'm hoping Hendricks at 185 will be a good and fun thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this seems creepier to me than the guy with the enormous ronda rousey portrait tattoo

Yeah I'd definitely prefer the "wants to be with me" type of obssessed fan over "wants to be me" type of obsessed fan if I was famous.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The ESPN guy is covering himself by saying he only reported that the UFC is "targeting" that fight for UFC 211, which he insists is still true.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If I was famous, and I will be, I won't care what my fans do as long as they aren't doing directly to me, looking at me, speaking to me, or taking a photo of me.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm very forgiving of tattoos but McMann's is a big ole' what the gently caress. The lion's face looks like it's trying to escape itself.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CommonShore posted:

he's too short to be fighting there

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

If I was famous, and I will be, I won't care what my fans do as long as they aren't doing directly to me, looking at me, speaking to me, or taking a photo of me.

people's champ

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

he's too short to be fighting there

He was too short to be fighting at 170. Matt Serra was even shorter.

The odds are against him finding success, but that success would be cool enough that I'm willing to hope for it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

CommonShore posted:

He was too short to be fighting at 170. Matt Serra was even shorter.

The odds are against him finding success, but that success would be cool enough that I'm willing to hope for it.

If he hopes to succeed in the UFC from this point on he's going to have to bear down and push out a couple of wins.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

You can't really "listen", but BjjScout does really awesome breakdown videos on YouTube, all subtitles so you don't have to hear an annoying voice.

Bjjscout amuses me because fighters they do breakdown videos on seem to start losing afterwards (Ronda and Cruz, for example).
Demian Maia is next on the chopping block and we'll see if this theory holds up.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

MacDougall posted:

I find it strange that people always wrote him off. I think that people didn't realise he was still so young.

It wasn't that. It's that he wasn't even particularly big for a welterweight and his first fight at middleweight was enormous flawed fighter Clint Hester. While he's improving due to his age, he's also much, much faster at middleweight.

Bubba Smith posted:

I'm glad Cody No Love exists & is champion.
signed,
Dominick Cruz fan for 8 years

This is true. I'm sad Cruz had to lose, but he lost by being on the wrong end of an absolutely virtuoso performance. Cody's cool cause he's that super talented, gifted prospect who makes that leap from 'could be good' to 'genuinely amazing fighter'

chaleski posted:

The worst tattoo in MMA will always be Alan Belcher's Johnny Cash tattoo

Incorrect. It will always be Melvin Costa's giant swastika. However, the best tattoo will always be Melvin Costa's belly tattoo that says 'I have a small penis' in a font that screams 'Hello, I've lost a bet. What is your least legible font?'

EmmyOk posted:

Even if she's not fighting in Dallas Andrade is the only sensible fight for her next. Carla Esparza is still ranked above Andrade bizarrely.

Carla is seeking to preserve her ranking in lucite by never fighting anyone ever again.

Rigel posted:

The UFC just updated Johnny Hendricks to Middleweight on their list of fighters.

That could just be a sign that he finished lunch.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Thank you very much for taking up the mantle of fatherdog multi-quote posting, I've missed it these past weeks. You just need to tell people they're wrong a bit more and you'll really have it nailed down.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Memento posted:

Thank you very much for taking up the mantle of fatherdog multi-quote posting, I've missed it these past weeks. You just need to tell people they're wrong a bit more and you'll really have it nailed down.

I'm in Australia and you guys have cool discussions while I'm asleep and I just wanted to take part and GET OFF MY loving BACK, DAD. THEY'RE NOT CARTOONS.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Snowman_McK posted:

Carla is seeking to preserve her ranking in lucite by never fighting anyone ever again.
She's slated to fight Randa Markos this weekend! But yah, she's spent the last year ducking Gadelha and Andrade while complaining about not getting fights.

She's got TUF beef with Randa at least, so they have something to play up if they want.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Zwachro posted:

She's slated to fight Randa Markos this weekend! But yah, she's spent the last year ducking Gadelha and Andrade while complaining about not getting fights.

She's got TUF beef with Randa at least, so they have something to play up if they want.

In the interim, Randa's present ceiling has been shown to be a bit lower than the show indicated, so that probably factored into her decision.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The upside to Carla being ranked so high is there's a slight chance she'll get thrashed by Joanna again

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
There really isn't. Carla would retire rather than risk another beating like the last one.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

I watched you stream hearthstone for like ten minutes once so I've done my part to help skyrocket you to fame

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I am on a plane and I can tell you that Joe Rogan wrote a one page fluff piece about Valentine's Day for American Airlines' magazine, American Way.

He still managed to work in a conspiracy theory.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

CommonShore posted:

We will all get to find out on Saturday when he fights Hector Lombard in Halifax.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I am on a plane and I can tell you that Joe Rogan wrote a one page fluff piece about Valentine's Day for American Airlines' magazine, American Way.

gonna need a photo

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Joanna vs. Carla is one of my favorite MMA beatdowns. Joe Rogan's increasing horror ("Oh man! Oh man!") as the fight goes on and the way the ref perfectly times his stoppage to catch Carla as she falls down are great.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Joanna vs. Carla is one of my favorite MMA beatdowns. Joe Rogan's increasing horror ("Oh man! Oh man!") as the fight goes on and the way the ref perfectly times his stoppage to catch Carla as she falls down are great.

Someone on here drew my attention to the one punch Carla manages to land. It doesn't faze Joanna in the slightest, and, if anything, lets her feel confident to beat the poo poo out of her with even more gusto.

Joanna loving owns.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/830970548297596928

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Looks like he's on chemo.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

more like uncle fester

edit, and yeah i know that's not a picture of ian mccall, i just wanted to make a dumb joke. thanks.

The MUMPSorceress fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 14, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just heard him mention it on his podcast and he said they cut out like 99% of the insane poo poo he wrote. Then he said "We are about 30 years away from being mind-reading robots" and I turned it off.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Vengarr posted:

Looks like he's on chemo.

Dude.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Skip My Posts posted:

it's weird that mobn doesn't relate in any way to pro athletes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i don't know if you'd prefer us to discuss this in the qcs thread or what, but i think this was pretty weak. i think most of us would prefer you let us work these things out unless it becomes egregious.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just heard him mention it on his podcast and he said they cut out like 99% of the insane poo poo he wrote. Then he said "We are about 30 years away from being mind-reading robots" and I turned it off.

Rogans craziness is pretty funny though.

Scientists are working on a technology to allow x... becomes. We're 5 years away from x thing happening everywhere. Blahhhhhh

His podcast will Bill Burr was loving hilarious though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Skip My Posts posted:

Ok you're a goon. What's a goon to a mobn?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

i don't know if you'd prefer us to discuss this in the qcs thread or what, but i think this was pretty weak. i think most of us would prefer you let us work these things out unless it becomes egregious.

agreed. i personally enjoy reading the occasional flame war

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BlindSite posted:

Rogans craziness is pretty funny though.

Scientists are working on a technology to allow x... becomes. We're 5 years away from x thing happening everywhere. Blahhhhhh

His podcast will Bill Burr was loving hilarious though.

Yeah there's always the tiniest grain of truth in things that he talks about, but then he runs it through a filter of seventeen tons of industrial-strength weed multiplied by Eddie Bravo and ends up with that poo poo.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Memento posted:

Yeah there's always the tiniest grain of truth in things that he talks about, but then he runs it through a filter of seventeen tons of industrial-strength weed multiplied by Eddie Bravo and ends up with that poo poo.

Alpha Brain just lets him have insights your mortal brain could never synthesize.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Skip My Posts posted:

Hahahaha someone actually reported this

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

I honestly don't pay too much attention to the lower weight classes, are McCall's troubles related to making weight? Unspecified "illness" always makes me wonder given how many fighters seem to gently caress themselves up while cutting.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

laughing at people earnestly critiquing fighter tatts should not be a probateable offense imo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hahahaha someone actually reported this

every now and again i'm reminded that the report button exists and people use it and that's pretty funny all on it's own. good feature of a comedy website.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Someone got probated for making fun of Mobn? Can someone talk with good dude Jerusalem and clue him in here because if Mobn's off limits I don't know if life is real anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

Someone got probated for making fun of Mobn? Can someone talk with good dude Jerusalem and clue him in here because if Mobn's off limits I don't know if life is real anymore.

were you here when we found out mage of b. night has been posting here under an alias for years

• Locked thread