Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

*Oprah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Reverand maynard posted:

wait what? there is video evidence?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/susan-collins-andrew-puzder-oprah-tape-allegations-234964 jesus Christ this poo poo is unreal.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Reverand maynard posted:

wait what? there is video evidence?

She appeared on Oprah's show on an episode called "High-Class Battered Women" and proceeded to tell the chilling tale of Puzder beating her. Was a long time ago.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Apparently she's recanted her Oprah testimony in full, but I can't see why someone would backtrack on that unless there was a massive payday involved.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Last time I read Puzder's Wikipedia entry, it referred to two separate instances where his wife called the cops to their home, but later decided not to press charges. In one of those instances, Puzder claimed she "tripped and fell on the floor".

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

psydude posted:

No idea, but there's no mention of him anywhere at the DIA. The big wall of portraits of former directors when you walk from the expansion building to the old building? Completely absent.

Yeah Shim worked for him. Apparently back then he was the loving man but has gone to hell since. I remember Shim being pretty gutted about it.

I got forwarded this link to an interview with Garry Kasparov which I found to be pretty interesting.
http://www.vox.com/conversations/2017/2/11/14577834/garry-kasparov-putin-trump

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Al Jazeera is reporting Flynn's resignation too.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
kind of a weird day with no real trumptweets

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Yeah Shim worked for him. Apparently back then he was the loving man but has gone to hell since. I remember Shim being pretty gutted about it.

I got forwarded this link to an interview with Garry Kasparov which I found to be pretty interesting.

I'm surprised Kasparov hasn't eaten Polonium yet, maybe Putin likes Chess :nsallears:

Also Mr. Z can I have a 30 day probe? This Trump discourse is too negative and too addictive

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
this is the best of timelines

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

Two Finger posted:

There is a Sam Harris podcast with him as well. For the most part it is extremely interesting to listen to

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/831257975348146180

:getin:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I have now embraced this timeline like major Kong riding a loving h bomb

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

with the resignation of trump's idiot king i feel it's time for the same here

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I really want to know what these guys mean when they say "the swamp."

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
So, I lost my own mental bet. Flynn is out first instead of Priebus.

I still maintain that Priebus won't hold through March, however. So I'm still on track for him being gone in the first quarter.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Yet another reason for Pence to not like Flynn, with this same sex marriage thing on top of everything else.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

When I think of draining the swamp the first thing that comes to mind is a disgraced career Army officer who accepted a political appointment, yes siree.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I figured Flynn would be near impossible to dislodge. Mostly based on him being on about equal footing with Bannon for who scares me the most. Tillerson is probably the next most important Russian stooge so hopefully he goes soon and further alienates Trump from his masters.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I was watching Fox News today at the gym (it was on the TV directly in front of me) and Charles Krauthammer was mustering a half assed defense of Flynn but admitted that it's going to be a huge embarrassment for Trump either way.

It does seem odd that Trump would toss him out on his own accord. My guess is Bannon probably seized on it as an opportunity to consolidate his power.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

According to Maddow Puzder's wife appeared on the Oprah show in disguise, the episode was "High Class Battered Women" from March 1990

a court in indiana decides tomorrow whether or not to unseal his divorce records

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

who was it here that worked under him? Shim?

Yeah that was me @ JSOC under him. He was a really good 1 star and J-2.

Now he's... well, you see it all on the news.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i could see him being good tbh, but i just want to know what happened to make him go this way

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe money

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
or pussy. it's always money and pussy (or dicks I guess if thats your thing!)

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

According to Maddow Puzder's wife appeared on the Oprah show in disguise, the episode was "High Class Battered Women" from March 1990

a court in indiana decides tomorrow whether or not to unseal his divorce records
The divorce records would be the important part here. Those shows are heavily edited and manipulated.

My cousin was on the Dr. Phil show, also created by and produced by Oprah's company. They decided that a single Mother whose baby-daddy had left was the narrative their audience wanted. For the at-home bits, they only filmed her and her kids and her Mom, and if her Husband ended up on-camera by accident, they called "cut" and started over.

Not saying that Pudzer didn't beat anyone, just that a semi-scripted TV show isn't great proof by itself. Fingers crossed that the legal records come into play.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The most innocent possibility is that he broke his brain and decided that Russia was a successful model of foreign relations and security. As well as a possible ally. Which is incredibly dumb.

I don't know if I buy that because he seems pretty malicious in a lot of the stuff he's got his hands in.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

or pussy. it's always money and pussy (or dicks I guess if thats your thing!)

Or a piss tape of his own.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeroisanumber posted:

Or a piss tape of his own.

pussies and dicks both piss

so it still works out

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Suicide Watch posted:

Also Mr. Z can I have a 30 day probe? This Trump discourse is too negative and too addictive

Probation's are supposed to be punishments, but reality is more punishing these days, go figure.

Hail Satan

gently caress Tromp

Oh and I hope Tray Parker and Matt Stone have Satan pissing on Trump ala Saddam at some point soon.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

The most innocent possibility is that he broke his brain and decided that Russia was a successful model of foreign relations and security. As well as a possible ally. Which is incredibly dumb.

Yeah that's my theory - he went full on "dark enlightenment." I think that's the root of a lot of far right stuff now, getting all amped on the idea of authoritarianism being the only answer to the future. Here is a really good essay on it:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/the-gops-age-of-authoritarianism-has-only-just-begun.html

With a hilarious subtitle:

quote:

The GOP’s Age of Authoritarianism Has Only Just Begun

And it will not end with a Clinton presidency.

But except for that tiiiiny bit of ill placed prediction, it rings very true.

For Flynn, he's a bit of an odd duck in that he used to be a democrat, right? Generally the argument for authoritarianism in the modern usa goes "well if democracy continues, the young and nonwhites will take over, and they will change America into something I don't recognize." With Flynn, maybe he came at it from a less common angle, that in a world of shrinking resources, authoritarianism is inevitable.

Or maybe he just murdered a Russian hooker once. Who knows.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

M_Gargantua posted:

Oh and I hope Tray Parker and Matt Stone have Satan pissing on Trump ala Saddam at some point soon.
Actually, Trey & Matt have gone on record saying that they don't even know how to make fun of Trump anymore. Basically, reality is dumber than anything they can come up with.

(link)

"It's tricky now because satire has become reality," Parker said. "It's really hard to make fun of and in the last season of South Park, which just ended a month-and-a-half ago, we were really trying to make fun of what was going on but we couldn't keep up and what was actually happening was much funnier than anything we could come up with. So we decided to kind of back off and let them do their comedy and we'll do ours."

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
CNN saying possible dudes to replace Flynn are Kellogg, Patraeus, and Bob Harward now according to a senior official

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Looks like Puzder just got OWNed.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Of course the average Trump fan will not appreciate the irony of having convicted leaker of classified materials Patraeus on board.

Hopefully his probation officer doesn't let him come up for the interview.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Hopefully his probation officer doesn't let him come up for the interview.

:iceburn:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
If Patraeus was a true veteran he would have gotten busted like 100 times for being stoned AF after getting out

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

More proof that we live in the timeline that started doing all the drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I hope Hillary starts smoking some heavy weed and just stays out of politics forever. We have Obama and Biden to guide us.

No Booker, no HRC v3.0

• Locked thread