Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i just wanan say that there is absolutely nothing more to the story than what was said here, i don't know anything about other sites mobn posts retarded poo poo on, if people are following him around online they're psychos and he's a bitch for insinuating that i stalk him. no need to jump all over the mod for a 6 hour probation. gently caress you mobn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

This is really cool! Watching her fights edited together like that, I get old school Wanderlei or Shogun vibes off of her. Obviously not the same skill level, but in the relentlessness and the way she just continues to pound on opponents as they go to the ground. She's great.

Dude, I don't care :). I'm just trying to avoid offsite drama about me coming into this thread. Making dumb posts at me is fine. We're all brothers and sisters in bad posting here.

I like that moment where she punches GdR's arm to flatten her out. Nunes for 2 weight champ

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

LobsterMobster posted:

:hf:

I've seen 'em 4 times, mostly due to living close to ATL (Though twice I've gone to New Orleans)

Here's a couple more I've done:

Lie, Cheat, Still, Kill, Win

2016 KO Compilation

Rose the Jewels

Amazing. Watched 'em all. The only thing I'd change is sub in is a Nunes KO on the lyric "You think I'm lyin', you right, see my teeth." on the legend has it highlight. So good.

Also, Jon Jones is kinda vindicated while Bisping is kind of a poo poo, IMO. Why'd he do that to Jorge?!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

I felt like throwing this together because I like Nunes

https://streamable.com/db30d

I did notice something kinda cool:

When McMann and Baszler throw half-assed, lovely low kicks that don't have a hope of connecting, and they slowly spin back around, Nunes leaps in with a punch to the loving face. Who are some other folks that pounce on "mistakes" like that? I thought I remembered someone else that did something similar?

weidman and rockhold with the ill conceived spinning kick seems like the obvious answer, and then bisping against rockhold although it didnt involve anyone spinning .. kinda like a matryoshka doll of fuckups when you think about it

edit: misread yet another post, excuse me

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 14, 2017

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

I felt like throwing this together because I like Nunes

https://streamable.com/db30d

I did notice something kinda cool:

When McMann and Baszler throw half-assed, lovely low kicks that don't have a hope of connecting, and they slowly spin back around, Nunes leaps in with a punch to the loving face. Who are some other folks that pounce on "mistakes" like that? I thought I remembered someone else that did something similar?

Dillashaw did it against Barao. Everytime Barao would start flurrying with those powerful hooks of his to create space, TJ would wait for him to pause, then rush in and punch him in the face.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Eat This Glob posted:

Amazing. Watched 'em all. The only thing I'd change is sub in is a Nunes KO on the lyric "You think I'm lyin', you right, see my teeth." on the legend has it highlight. So good.

Also, Jon Jones is kinda vindicated while Bisping is kind of a poo poo, IMO. Why'd he do that to Jorge?!!

HE MAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPvjHn7oGX4

HE MAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUJTFjT4iY

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
saying someone is stalking you is a pretty gross accusation to make, especially considering what's happening on this very website with the space ship video game freaks doxxing disabled kids and actually stalking people online. if you're shown to be actually doing that or if you accuse someone of doing it based on nothing than you should be banned. ban mobn

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Skip My Posts posted:

ban mobn and fozzy

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mobn, never change

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
bring back fatherdog

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Good thing we have that mod here! We don't want mobn to have her feelings hurt.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I assume the Irish sun is like it's British counterpart but they're reporting that an agreement has been reached between conor and Mayweather. Nothing signed yet though (of course).

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
mod is fine, 6 hour probation is nothing. who cares

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

My favorite Nunes moment so far is when she comes out looking like she was going to fight smart and keep Ronda on the end of her punches, then immediately brawling after she hurts Ronda and realizes Ronda has nothing for her.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Skip My Posts posted:

i just wanan say that there is absolutely nothing more to the story than what was said here, i don't know anything about other sites mobn posts retarded poo poo on, if people are following him around online they're psychos and he's a bitch for insinuating that i stalk him. no need to jump all over the mod for a 6 hour probation. gently caress you mobn

You're obsessed!!!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

mod is fine, 6 hour probation is nothing. who cares

Post less. You spend more time making a snide comment about posters and then throwing a bitchfit when you're called on it than actually posting about MMA.

Joanna is denying she's signed to fight at 211 :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

bring back fatherdog

"fatherdog was never my friend"
- lowtax

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Fatherdog was right and just

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
like Cecil Peoples

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

Post less. You spend more time making a snide comment about posters and then throwing a bitchfit when you're called on it than actually posting about MMA.

Joanna is denying she's signed to fight at 211 :(

blow me dick

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
nunes looks like she hits like truck

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SquirrelGrip posted:

nunes looks like she hits like truck

Bruce Buffer calling her Chuck Liddell with a clit was hilariously accurate

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
She also seems really nice. All my favourite fighters are nice. I think it's important.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
should trans epople fight in the octagon? in a violent arena with no rules

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Skip My Posts posted:

blow me dick

Your break down here is funnier than the pretend one I was thinking of having. Get a loving grip you sad bitter little man. Post about mma and stop being such a bitchy turd.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Does that count as a meltdown or is he still simmering?

How do you post in FYAD and can't keep yourself contained in the MMA thread for chill and good looking people?

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 14, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

should trans epople fight in the octagon? in a violent arena with no rules

yes

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marching Powder posted:

I assume the Irish sun is like it's British counterpart but they're reporting that an agreement has been reached between conor and Mayweather. Nothing signed yet though (of course).

The difference is less anti-irish racsim, but only slightly. I'll believe when I can throw money at the PPV.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've thought about this a bit - wouldn't the endocrine oversight be ridiculously complicated? Like, the TRT era combined with 8 other factors?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

in other news, i went searching for pictures of Hendricks standing next to a middleweight earlier to see how bad the size difference was but came up empty. i found like 50 pictures of him eating though.

*runs in covered in sweat and road dust* HNNNNHHHHH TURN YOUR MONITOR ON

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

they dont have the sun in ireland. unless you mean the newspaper

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

CommonShore posted:

I've thought about this a bit - wouldn't the endocrine oversight be ridiculously complicated? Like, the TRT era combined with 8 other factors?

There was that entire Fallon Fox conversation a while ago about basically this if you want to look it up. I think the science pointed to "yes" on that front.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommonShore posted:

Nah. WADA and the Olympic Committee are allowing trans athletes now: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/25/ioc-rules-transgender-athletes-can-take-part-in-olympics-without-surgery

The rule is basically that you need to consistently test in the normal hormone range for your gender for a full year before competition in order to compete. Since USADA is the American associate of WADA I would imagine they'd use some variation of those rules if it came up. For a trans woman to compete, the concern seems to be that she'd some how have freakish man strength, but it's pretty well established that testosterone is what enables people to build muscle mass and strength. If it's in the normal female ranges for an extended period of time the athlete shouldn't have any kind of strength advantage.

I think the roadblock to seeing a bunch of trans people fighting in MMA is really just the fact that there's not a lot of trans people into MMA, and perhaps social stigma in some places. I recall one of Fallon Fox's opponents immediately falling back to accusing her of having man strength when she got beat up. And it's not that long ago that we had someone like Big Nog saying he wouldn't roll with a gay fighter.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Novum posted:

There was that entire Fallon Fox conversation a while ago about basically this if you want to look it up. I think the science pointed to "yes" on that front.

Yeah 'm familiar with that one. The weird implication of that whole thing is that estrogen would need to be classified as a performance-inhibiting substance.

Nah. WADA and the Olympic Committee are allowing trans athletes now: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/25/ioc-rules-transgender-athletes-can-take-part-in-olympics-without-surgery

The rule is basically that you need to consistently test in the normal hormone range for your gender for a full year before competition in order to compete. Since USADA is the American associate of WADA I would imagine they'd use some variation of those rules if it came up. For a trans woman to compete, the concern seems to be that she'd some how have freakish man strength, but it's pretty well established that testosterone is what enables people to build muscle mass and strength. If it's in the normal female ranges for an extended period of time the athlete shouldn't have any kind of strength advantage.

I think the roadblock to seeing a bunch of trans people fighting in MMA is really just the fact that there's not a lot of trans people into MMA, and perhaps social stigma in some places. I recall one of Fallon Fox's opponents immediately falling back to accusing her of having man strength when she got beat up. And it's not that long ago that we had someone like Big Nog saying he wouldn't roll with a gay fighter.

Having read the article there, that's actually an extremely high threshold.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Well I think the argument was that they do not lose enough of the muscle mass and bone density when they transition, it can take years.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Well I think the argument was that they do not lose enough of the muscle mass and bone density when they transition, it can take years.

Yes, but if you read the article there, for a MTF person to qualify, she needs to be within normal ranges for a full year before qualifying, and to even get to normal female ranges actually takes some time on its own.

Also keep in mind that argument was made by experts like Joe Rogan who also unironically laughed at how fast post-TRT Vitor turned into a deflated basketball after he lost his jesus juice.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 14, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah, this part isn't as well studied, but the IOC was comfortable enough that it didn't effect athletic performance that it's a non-issue. Anecdotally I've lost like 4" off my biceps so far.

Also these arguments also seem to focus specifically on trans women. Do people just have 0 reservations about trans men fighting cis men? Trans men literally get to jack themselves up on an infinite supply of testosterone to transition yet it never seems to come up.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommonShore posted:

Yes, but if you read the article there, for a FTM person to qualify, she needs to be within normal ranges for a full year before qualifying, and to even get to normal female ranges actually takes some time on its own.

Just to be clear, an FTM person is a trans man and should be called "he".

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The FTM was the typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In my experience, this isn't always true and gender neutral pronouns should probably be used when you're addressing someone who you know is trans but not how they fully identify. S'not like that's hard or intended to cause offence.

• Locked thread