Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Why is that dude on the left so blurry?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Body armor rated for .44 Magnum rounds, complete with a DOJ certification letter.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIJ-IIIA-Bulletproof-Tactical-Vest/32533374608.html

"Explosion proof" riot armor.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rio...2731800153.html

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

C.M. Kruger posted:

Body armor rated for .44 Magnum rounds, complete with a DOJ certification letter.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIJ-IIIA-Bulletproof-Tactical-Vest/32533374608.html

"Explosion proof" riot armor.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rio...2731800153.html

Seems inexpensive!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

C.M. Kruger posted:

I bet the certification is fake.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

1. AE really loves knocking off the Etsy Witch aesthetic, and I don't blame them. 600+ orders, I recently saw this shirt on Dollskill, which means it hasn't been out that long.

2. Why would you take a picture of yourself in a halter and undies and post it on Ali loving express

Bored posted:

So, what's the likelihood of getting lots of unwanted emails from shady companies of I sign up to start a cart on the aliexpress app?

I used a random side email, haven't gotten any extra spam that I know of.

I did use one with my real name set as the name, which might have helped? They might flag for poo poo like "Your Mom" or w/e

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Bethamphetamine posted:

Things to never buy from China:
1. multimeters
2. any precision equipment.
3. safety equipment (all of it)
Sure, it is probably covered by 3), but i think you should have an extra category, just to make sure:

C.M. Kruger posted:

Krakox posted:

That USB FM charger Bluetooth sdcard MP3 player is the most incredibly bloated multi tool I've ever seen and I want one so badly

See! It sucks you in! Just when you think you might be able to justify the purchase based on one feature, you find yet another to drag you in and there is no escape

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That renaissance baby hoodie is in my cart now

Also a while back I ordered this cool knockoff "logic analyzer" for 6$

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 14, 2017

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32613175871.html
Night vision technology that people can barely notice you're wearing.

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!
Ali express t-shirt deparment is basically a "take things from the internet and make them real" and i have no problem with that what-so-ever.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-tshirt-homme-funny-Nicolas-cage-Crazy-3D-Stare-at-you-3d-T-shirt-for-men/32632744087.html

Bonus if you like your Cage slightly more cartoony:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Summer-style-Fashion-t-shirt-Nicolas-cage-Crazy-funny-Stare-at-you-print-3d-t-shirt/32534172756.html

Woden
May 6, 2006
USB mini fish tank:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2669443067.html

Woden fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 14, 2017

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

"About the shipping cost: Because that every inflatable products will be different, the weight just estimate, so the shipping cost we show is high, just feel free to contact us to confirm the real shipping cost, and if you buy more, that by sea is more cheaper. "

That settles it; I'm starting a water park!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

protip :

buy your partner a handful of non-poo poo small gifts on AE throughout the course of a week. you then have a bunch of stuff show up over the next few months and you look like you're thinking about them all the time.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

well why not posted:

protip :

buy your partner a handful of non-poo poo small gifts on AE throughout the course of a week. you then have a bunch of stuff show up over the next few months and you look like you're thinking about them all the time.

You could buy them all at the same time and they'll still show up over the course of a few months.

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard
Seriously tempted by that One Ring! I'll take five...

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32613175871.html
Night vision technology that people can barely notice you're wearing.

Perfect for Borg cosplay at your nearest Trek convention

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

anyone bought leggings on here? are the sizes insanely small / is it worth it?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

1. AE really loves knocking off the Etsy Witch aesthetic, and I don't blame them. 600+ orders, I recently saw this shirt on Dollskill, which means it hasn't been out that long.

2. Why would you take a picture of yourself in a halter and undies and post it on Ali loving express

I used a random side email, haven't gotten any extra spam that I know of.

I did use one with my real name set as the name, which might have helped? They might flag for poo poo like "Your Mom" or w/e

Figured out that I signed up with the same junk mail email account several years ago when I was considering buying a kingtee tablet monitor, which is why my account got locked immediately. I wanna order a pug back pack to transport art supplies, so I'm going to have to set up another account.

Edit: Actually, it looks like it's because I'm using the iApp. There are pugtato shirts for 7 bucks though.

Bored fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 14, 2017

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

spog posted:

See! It sucks you in! Just when you think you might be able to justify the purchase based on one feature, you find yet another to drag you in and there is no escape

When it says FM, does that mean it's a transmitter (like those as seen on tv jupiter jacks) or it can pick up FM stations? My radio is broken except for my aux cord, so just plugging a second radio into it would be hilarious and effective.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Krakox posted:

When it says FM, does that mean it's a transmitter (like those as seen on tv jupiter jacks) or it can pick up FM stations? My radio is broken except for my aux cord, so just plugging a second radio into it would be hilarious and effective.

Looking at the spec sheet, you may have found the only thing that it isn't capable of doing:It transmits FM, so that's why it can't receive it.

It doesn't have an aux-out socket: but I bet you could find one that does and use your phone's FM radio (if it has one)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

well why not posted:

anyone bought leggings on here? are the sizes insanely small / is it worth it?

The leggings are usually good, there's often a size chart.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Krakox posted:

most smart phones have a secret FM receiver. its part of the bluetooth chip, its a standard part

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean, I assume the leggings are good because the shapewear is good, and it's basically the same product.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I wonder if you can buy enough machinery at AE so that you too can build your own factory to produce cheap crap to sell there.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Original_Z posted:

I wonder if you can buy enough machinery at AE so that you too can build your own factory to produce cheap crap to sell there.

You already know the answer to this.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

Looking at the spec sheet, you may have found the only thing that it isn't capable of doing:It transmits FM, so that's why it can't receive it.

It doesn't have an aux-out socket: but I bet you could find one that does and use your phone's FM radio (if it has one)

As much as I like cheap chinese crap you can probably buy a new car radio for 30$ and not dick around on your phone when you want to change stations or get in/out of your car

this thing is a normal car stereo for adults and you wont swerve into a pole while cursing your phone's touchscreen

this one has bluetooth !

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Today I received my first AliExpress item since this thread started:

I'd been looking for a new clutch to take to gigs / clubs for a while but couldn't find anything I liked until AliExpress came to my rescue. It seems fairly solid and well made and they even threw in a gaudy gold ring with a big fake diamond as a freebie.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cyberia posted:

Today I received my first AliExpress item since this thread started:

I'd been looking for a new clutch to take to gigs / clubs for a while but couldn't find anything I liked until AliExpress came to my rescue. It seems fairly solid and well made and they even threw in a gaudy gold ring with a big fake diamond as a freebie.

Congrats on your stab bag ! I like that it's transparent to make security checks easier. I love China

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Some of the stuff I ordered is now in London before heading back to the continent, I'm worried about the brexit for my future purchases of random garbage.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

As much as I like cheap chinese crap you can probably buy a new car radio for 30$ and not dick around on your phone when you want to change stations or get in/out of your car

this thing is a normal car stereo for adults and you wont swerve into a pole while cursing your phone's touchscreen

this one has bluetooth !

Unfortunately, I have a Saab and the radio is an integral part of the car's brain and you can't easily swap them out without losing some major functionality issues for the rest of the car

which is a shame, because it means I can't replace it with something like this:

(go big or go home)

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
waiting on some pins and some glow in the dark stars for my kid....also got the old lady a fake rear end fitbit watch lol

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Does anybody hate their cat?

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Those touch screen car radios seem awfully cheap for the functionality, call me dubious for some reason

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's essentially a $30 android tablet without a battery and no need for case miniaturization. The screen's bound to be a standard size low quality one, and the processors/components are made in such bulk that they probably just cost pennies at this point

Woden
May 6, 2006
They're cheaper than the 2 DIN DIY hobby kits, tempted to buy one just for parts.

Woden fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 15, 2017

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Touchscreens in the car are a pain in the rear end. Give me buttons and knobs. Source: just uninstalled my old touchscreen and installed a 1 DIN regular rear end bluetooth unit

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

Does anybody hate their cat?

do they have one for fish?

Woden
May 6, 2006

Internet Friend posted:

Touchscreens in the car are a pain in the rear end. Give me buttons and knobs. Source: just uninstalled my old touchscreen and installed a 1 DIN regular rear end bluetooth unit

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wir...2783199442.html

:mrgw:

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Do any of you guys leave pics or reviews? Is there incentive to do so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Do any of you guys leave pics or reviews? Is there incentive to do so?

I take pictures occasionally and usually leave reviews. I haven't received anything significant (maybe a coupon for something like $1 off of $30). It just feels nice :)