Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm cool for more content in a game I will probably enjoy for not as cheap as i'd of liked, but not as expensive as to put me off.

But man did they choose a bad time to announce this. Vocal online gaming communities HATE the announcement of DLC pre release, and Nintendo already aren't doing much to stop confusion, or even give basic information about certain things regarding to the console they are looking to release in 2 and a half weeks.

They could of waited til April, or hell, dropped this at E3 with a "You can download the first pack now" type deal, and it would have been a WAY better received plan than what this is going to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Amppelix posted:

20 Buckerino for a hard mode, some new features and one (1) dungeon seems pretty steep. They'll have to make a pretty good argument to get me to spend this much on a small expansion when the game is already massive.

Also:

If its true that there are only 3 dungeons in the game, then 1 dungeon (plus other stuff) for $20 makes perfect sense.

Also I just wanna chime in and say Wolf Link sucks and was the worst part of Twilight Princess.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Hard Mode could mean a lot of things. If it removed things like slowdown, reduced item drop rates and looked to From Software games then I'd be down to pick it up.

If it's just double damage or increased enemy health then that's much less exciting.

ALBW has a Hero Mode that's just too challenging to be fun. I really hope they can balance it well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Amppelix posted:

20 Buckerino for a hard mode, some new features and one (1) dungeon seems pretty steep. They'll have to make a pretty good argument to get me to spend this much on a small expansion when the game is already massive.

Also:

You missed the "new original story part" of it. That could well be a sizeable chunk of content in of itself.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

There's just not enough info on this to decide if it's worth it. I'll wait for more info before adding yet another item to my preorder list.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

well why not posted:

Hard Mode could mean a lot of things. If it removed things like slowdown, reduced item drop rates and looked to From Software games then I'd be down to pick it up.

If it's just double damage or increased enemy health then that's much less exciting.

ALBW has a Hero Mode that's just too challenging to be fun. I really hope they can balance it well.
I generally enjoyed ALBW's Hero mode.

It was difficult in an enjoyable way, unlike Skyward Sword's Hero Mode, which was a tedious way to teach you where the health restoring stools were.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Not sure you want to drop 20 bucks on some extra caves and a hard mode? well motherfuckers, here's your incentive to preorder

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/831496872657289216

sold

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I like how Nintendo is taking it for granted that people will eat up all that poo poo, like a difficulty mode behind a purchasable DLC.

Which is pretty likely.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is the natural consequence of people wanting Nintendo to adopt more modern practices.

You reap what you sow

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

tbh the sort of person who replays a game on Hard is the sort of person who would want more content in said game

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I like how every time Nintendo releases DLC it's the first time they release DLC. Well, that's not the reaction so much in this thread but I've seen people all over the internet being all "Downloadable... content??? In my nintendo?"

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

This is the natural consequence of people wanting Nintendo to adopt more modern practices.

You reap what you sow

Extra content seems like a pretty good consequence.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
ALBW's Hero Mode was great and I'm a babby who is bad at games.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rexroom posted:

I like how Nintendo is taking it for granted that people will eat up all that poo poo, like a difficulty mode behind a purchasable DLC.

Which is pretty likely.

The fact that pretty much everyone who have engaged in combat during the demo have said that "Everything hits fukkin hard like some Zelda II poo poo." flies in the face of the people trying to concern troll over how this is worded. I mean if you're legitimately concerned about it then that's fine but I haven't seen this level of "People picking apart every new detail and trying to find potential negative about said thing." in a long time.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I like how every time Nintendo releases DLC it's the first time they release DLC. Well, that's not the reaction so much in this thread but I've seen people all over the internet being all "Downloadable... content??? In my nintendo?"
This.

NSMB 2 was their first dip into this, and if you can ignore what happened with Fire Emblem: Fates, it could be argued that they are getting slowly better.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Well it's just that to my knowledge Nintendo is prrrrrrrretty good about release full, finished games with complete narratives, in tYooL 2017 more often than not Day 1 DLC is indicative of incomplete stories being finished in Paid DLC, which kinda killed Deus Ex, maybe forever, and it begs the question "what is the point of a post-game Zelda dungeon?" besides fun?

Now I'm dreaming it'll be the mythical "hard dungeon" where the game expects you to have every item and every puzzle involves combining all your gear in weird ways...

Also release dog hats for wolf link to wear and consume infinite money forever.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Also release dog hats for wolf link to wear and consume infinite money forever.

I would buy this DLC.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wonder what Hard Mode is like

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Augus posted:

Wonder what Hard Mode is like

Navi is your companion for the entire game. She will also start criticizing your outfits.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 14, 2017

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Can't wait to run around Hyrule in my Official Nintendo® Switch™ T-Shirt.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Rexroom posted:

Which is pretty likely.

glassyalabolas posted:

I'm going to get that drat pass because I'm Nintendo's bitch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Dave posted:

Extra content seems like a pretty good consequence.

It's the "buy it all or nothing" that bothers me. I'm all for new content, but paying 20 dollars for two DLC packs, when only one of them interests me doesn't sound like a good deal.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The Hyrule Warriors DLC was fantastic, as was awakening so I'm all in for this

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
An important consideration is that this game has probably the consummate might of Nintendo behind it. I think you can expect a level of quality here that you might not get from, say, Metroid Prime: Federation Force

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I could stomach the existence of DLC in Zelda if it wasn't for the timing of the releases. 3+ months later for hard mode? Who is that for? In 3 months you either just finished a massive game that you have no intention of replaying immediately, or you're still plucking away at it

If they follow the "Witcher model" with story DLC than that could be real cool, but isn't it weird that an entirely new dungeon is coming out months after we all beat it? Is it post-game content? Will I have to start over?

Nintendo has a stellar track record for DLC so they've absolutely earned the benefit of the doubt, but story DLC in Zelda is just a bummer

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

glassyalabolas posted:

Navi is your companion for the entire game. She will also start criticizing your outfits.

That's not hard mode. Tolerating Fi would be hard mode.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

SirPenguin posted:

I could stomach the existence of DLC in Zelda if it wasn't for the timing of the releases. 3+ months later for hard mode? Who is that for? In 3 months you either just finished a massive game that you have no intention of replaying immediately, or you're still plucking away at it

And? It's for anyone who either might want to replay the game with hard mode at some point (and I guarantee there will be lots of people who actually want this as soon as it's available), or for anyone who buys the game later and wants a hard mode.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SirPenguin posted:

If they follow the "Witcher model" with story DLC than that could be real cool, but isn't it weird that an entirely new dungeon is coming out months after we all beat it? Is it post-game content? Will I have to start over?

Considering that it's lumped in with the "New Story poo poo" bit it could very well be a separate mode you'd have to access from the main menu or somewhere.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'll buy it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So what does the 20 dollars get me? The bonus thing and both DLC packs? I don't know if I care about the hard mode, but the other two things in that DLC pack looks interesting, and the second DLC looks interesting too. I would consider 20 dollars for all of that.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I don't understand how I am supposed to enjoy this DLC 3 months after release, I will have already beaten the game and thrown it in the trash by that point. Really missing the ball by not having this available at launch, like most people want. Good job Nintendo.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
If the content is good... I'll buy it

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

MokBa posted:

Can't wait to run around Hyrule in my Official Nintendo® Switch™ T-Shirt.
$20 says The dlc is the only way to get the iconic green tunic outfit.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I don't understand how I am supposed to enjoy this DLC 3 months after release, I will have already beaten the game and thrown it in the trash by that point. Really missing the ball by not having this available at launch, like most people want. Good job Nintendo.

I genuinely think that DLC Pack 2 is coming way too far away and it's kinda stupid.

Like 3-4 months but "holiday" is kinda dumb. Hyrule Warriors DLC is great but I know for a fact most people didn't give a poo poo about the final characters by the time they came out because way too much time had passed. Just boot it up, see a wacky moveset then shut it back down.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The only DLC you'll get in 3 months is Hard Mode, duder, and it'll (likely) require you to restart the game. It's funny because 3 months is at once both too soon and too far for that

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kinda bummed that there's only going to be 2 pieces of DLC for this.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You guys realize you don't HAVE to start hard mode the day the DLC releases right? Like you can buy it and then start hard mode a month later, or whenever you actually beat the game.

If you don't like the option, don't buy it. There's no reason to get upset over it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SirPenguin posted:

The only DLC you'll get in 3 months is Hard Mode, duder, and it'll (likely) require you to restart the game. It's funny because 3 months is at once both too soon and too far for that

That one also has the new challenge and "map feature" whatever that is

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It'd be cool if they went full 2nd Quest for Hard Mode, not gonna happen though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SirPenguin posted:

Acceptable:
+Remixed Enemy Placement
+Bosses have new attacks
+Enemy AI is more aggressive
+Resources are more limited
+Some Puzzles are changed to be tougher

Unacceptable:
-Literally just Hero Mode from the past games and that's it.

That's how I feel about it. :shobon:

RCarr posted:

You guys realize you don't HAVE to start hard mode the day the DLC releases right? Like you can buy it and then start hard mode a month later, or whenever you actually beat the game.

If you don't like the option, don't buy it. There's no reason to get upset over it.

I think they said if you want anything else you have to buy it. The packs aren't sold separately