Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The new one is always better than the older one in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just going to echo what some other have said: MGSV was a terrible, insulting game to play.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Most Metal Gear games are bad.

Star Wars Galaxies was better than The Old Republic.

Final Fantasy 15's combat is lovely and the entire game suffers as a result. It's probably the worst one in the whole series.

People who enjoy punishing RNG features are an even lower form of scum than degenerate gamblers.

Overwatch sucks.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Mass Effect 3's ending was fine.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The flaws in the Borderlands series of games are forgivable on first playthroughs but make them nearly unbearable on subsequent ones.

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

basic hitler posted:

soul calibur 2 is the best fighting game ever made and there's no need to pretend otherwise.

I agree but this isn't an unpopular opinion it's just an inconvenient truth.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
there is not a single videogame that has a "good" story, not even Planescape Torment

read an actual book you loving losers

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

olaf2022 posted:

Legacy of the Wizard is one of the best NES games

This is a good opinion. It just so drat surreal and the music is mega man tier.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

there is not a single videogame that has a "good" story, not even Planescape Torment

read an actual book you loving losers

Until Dawn is on par with regular horror movie stories.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
EALA made better C&C games than Westwood.

Starcraft loving sucks.

Street Fighter is boring compared to other fighting games, and shouldn't be the ideal for the genre.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are obsolete pieces of garbage because Timesplitters exists.

Bullet hell shoot-em-ups are for masochists.

The first Mega Man game is poo poo, 3 is much better than 2.

Pokemon is a game for children.

The PSP was a loving excellent handheld.

Steam and Valve are actively killing the games industry.

Gaming "culture" needs to die right now.

Whew, this is cathartic!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Hopefully killing Greenlight and putting a cost in place will fix a lot of the problems with Steam.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Disproportionation posted:

EALA made better C&C games than Westwood.

please dont troll

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Zelda 1 and 2 are the best Zeldas.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

Liking DA2 is indeed an unpopular opinion, because it's hot poo poo garbage. It's a borderline troll opinion.

DA2, much like the Empire Strikes Back, was initially derided when released but will eventually get the recognition it deserves as the best of the series.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Disproportionation posted:

The first Mega Man game is poo poo, 3 is much better than 2.

gently caress yeah, everything about 3 is better than 2.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I just started playing Perfect Dark with that mouse injector someone made for the Project 64 emulator which makes m+kb pretty intuitive to use and has it run at 60fps and god drat this is still a solid shooter in 2017 so I think that's the only thing in this thread I would outright disagree with

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MOBAs are terrible games made by terrible developers and only played by terrible people.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

tenspott posted:

DA2, much like the Empire Strikes Back, was initially derided when released but will eventually get the recognition it deserves as the best of the series.

Yeah i can see how copy pasted level design, assets probably cobbled from cancelled games, and dismal story and writing just needs time to age like a fine wine

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
DA 3 is not a good game in my opinion. The modified control scheme makes melee characters almost impossible to control and the writing is annoying. DA 1 is still the best, but the existence of 3 retroactively makes 2 better.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Close the games forums and all of the subforums.

Qvark
May 4, 2010
Soiled Meat
Pillars of eternity was boring generic crap. Obsidian is bad except for the Chris guy. Didn't even consider tyranny

holy penis worship
Feb 14, 2017

by Smythe

Qvark posted:

Pillars of eternity was boring generic crap. Obsidian is bad except for the Chris guy. Didn't even consider tyranny

i am here from https://www.tribalwar.com/forums

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 14, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
good poo poo

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would rather play a freemium mobile game than another boring, ponderous and excruciating Dragon Age or Final Fantasy game.

I would throw Assassin's Creed in there but that series of games was obviously poo poo from the start.

Also Call of Duty is basically Madden and only marginally better than Uncharted, which people should be embarrassed for liking.

Qvark
May 4, 2010
Soiled Meat

Now THIS is a pillar I can agree with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

MOBAs are terrible games made by terrible developers and only played by terrible people.

This isn't an unpopular opinion, everyone thinks this. Especially MOBA players.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I liked dragon age 2 for its story even though combat was poo poo, and just a stupid obstacle to get to the meat.

Mass Effect 3's ending was fine, I wasn't expecting Shepard to live happily ever after with space waifu anyway. It made sense for him to be Jesus.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

They should make a new Monster Rancher game, it would probably be the most use anyone got out of CDs and physical DVDs in a decade.

Star Fox Adventures was pretty decent and despite not being a "real" Star Fox game it's still better than every new Star Fox game that has come out since.

Ubisoft makes fantastic games that would be a lot better received if they let them stand on their own merits instead of pumping them full of so much lovely Uplay/social network integration that they look like Facebook games. They make some not-fantastic games too, but so does everybody.

Fallout: New Vegas was awful and the only reason people think it's so great is because it's incrementally better than FO3, which has one of the most staggeringly dumb main quests of any game ever. They're both fun games that I've played a ton but they're so deeply and obviously flawed that it's hard not to notice when you play. Also, the last scene of the vanilla game of FO3 is so fantastically stupid that whoever wrote it should have been fired. I have a guy immune to radiation right there, and you're talking to me about honor? In a Fallout game? It's astounding how badly they botched the theme and tone of the entire setting there - it's not about honor, it's about scrounging up enough poo poo to survive in a ruined, hostile world.

a bone to pick posted:

gently caress yeah, everything about 3 is better than 2.

The only bad part of 3 is the reprise of Air Man's fight and that's really 2's fault when it comes down to it. Also, the theme music for MM3 is the best song from any NES game.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

basic hitler posted:

soul calibur 2 is the best fighting game ever made and there's no need to pretend otherwise.

This is an easy mistake because 1 and 2 are so close to each other on a keyboard

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

the entire "experience" of vanilla world of warcraft on a pvp server from lvl1 up to raiding, figuring it out as it was being released and playing with friends, is probably the best video game experience you can go for. Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

fruit on the bottom posted:

This is an easy mistake because 1 and 2 are so close to each other on a keyboard

2 was the only one I was good at because button mashing with Maxi was almost always enough to win so I'm with that guy.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Jet Force Gemini sucks.

Buck Bumble had better multiplayer than Goldeneye.

Gorman 64 (the first one) and Glover were better than Mario 64.

Space Station Silicon Valley is the best GTA.

Armorines: Project SWARM was actually good.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I don't like armor in any game or work of fiction being "sexy". Armor exists for the sole purpose of protecting the user, not to appeal to your penis, and not to help you identify the user as female. I especially hate high heels. I cannot loving stand that bullshit.

I only get upset about sexualized outfits if it is supposed to be armor. If it's just cloth or leather, I don't care. It's just lame in that case.

I hate elves of all types. gently caress them. Dwarves are pretty bad too, but not as much.

I hate wizards and all other magic users. Only exceptions are necromancers (skeletons and death are cool and good), satanic magic (Satan is cool), Cthulhu magic (because it is like Satan magic) and dragons (they symbolize Satan, who is cool).

Putting spikes and blades on your armor is lame as gently caress. Only insecure chumps do this.

Overdesigned weapons are for chodes. Weapons that look more realistic are infinitely cooler. Also, naming your weapon is for chumps.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The only tolerable Final Fantasy game is the first one.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
If you think the Monster Hunter games have "bad controls" or are "too clunky" but say the Souls games are masterpieces, then you're no man in my eyes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Squashing Machine posted:

If you think the Monster Hunter games have "bad controls" or are "too clunky" but say the Souls games are masterpieces, then you're no man in my eyes

I honestly don't see how someone can like one but not the other.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Vargatron posted:

Bioshock: Infinite had a terrible and overwrought story and the ending was a failed attempt to be thought provoking.

This is not an unpopular opinion.

Also the enemies were boring samey bullet sponges and 50% of the "gameplay" on hard mode is mincing around trying to scrounge up ammo while getting shot in the rear end.

GOTY tho cause your waifu is literally Belle from Beauty and the Beast who is also your secret time daughter WOW REVOLUTIONARY

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Perromancer posted:

Primal Rage is superior to any given Street Fighter game

Primal Rage is the best fighting game of all time

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Legend of Dragoon is a better RPG than any Final Fantasy game ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Suikoden 3 had a great story and amazing character concept designs and was then butchered by gameplay and 3d graphics problems but I still remember it fondly.