Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I played 4 before I had played 3 and yeah it was not ideal. There are probably more callbacks to the events in 3 than 2.

I finally got around to playing MGS3 when they released the collection for ps3 a few years back. Such a god drat great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played 4 before any of the rest and I hadn't a loving clue what was happening :v:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Jesus yeah, sounds rough

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for awhile the control scheme was the best they could do at the time but im gonna be one of the few people who will tell you to play 3 before 4 because just literally controls wise its a step back

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

the truth posted:

Do not skip the best game in the series.

He just played MGS2 though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I keep forgetting to post this but not this week

The Drop
ACA NeoGeo Neo Turf Masters PS4 — Digital (Out 2/16)
Neo Turf Masters is a golf game released by SNK in 1996. Players can choose from a total of six golfers with different abilities and play on courses located around the world such as Australia and Germany. Players can test out their golf skills against friends with game modes such as Stroke Play and Match Play.

Battle Islands: Commanders PS4 — Digital
Dominate the battlefield! From the creators of the popular WWII strategy game Battle Islands comes an explosive, head-to-head combat game! Take part in major WWII battles in Battle Islands: Commanders, from the sandy dunes of North Africa to the bitter cold of the Eastern Front!

Bridge Constructor PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Become an appraised bridge engineer and architect in Bridge Constructor. Create and design your own constructions and watch the cars and trucks pass over them — or see them fall and crash while your inferior creations collapse due to weight and the laws of physics! Your budget is the only limit.

Flywrench PS4 — Digital
Flywrench is a frenetic action game from the makers of Nidhogg about piloting an aerobatic ship through the depths of space.

For Honor PS4 — Digital, Retail
Enter the chaos of war as a bold Knight, brutal Viking, or deadly Samurai, three of the greatest warriors of legend. In For Honor, wield your blade like never before with the innovative Art of Battle combat system that puts you in total control of your warrior.

iO PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
iO is a physics platformer in which you control a ball. By growing or shrinking the ball you can influence its speed and weight. Use these mechanics to gain momentum and make your way through the levels. Toy with the laws of physics, solve the puzzles, and reach the exit as quickly as possible.

Monster Loves You! PS4 — Digital
Live the life of a Monster, from birth in the slime vats to elderhood and beyond, making decisions that affect the world of Monsters and Humans in this story-book adventure.

MX Nitro PS4 — Digital
Adrenaline overload, break-neck speed: welcome to MX Nitro, a world of thrill-ride motocross racing. Risk bone-breaking stunts to get the Nitro you need to win. Ride fast and high, rack-up death-defying trick combos. Grab your bike, nail its controls, you’re on a journey through tons of tracks in breath-taking locations.

Ride 2 PS4 — Digital, Retail
Discover, transform, and test out the fastest and most iconic motorbikes in the world’s largest digital garage! More than 170 bikes, new models and categories. Collect them all! Travel around the world in an unforgettable and extraordinary sequence of events.

Semispheres PS4 — Digital
Semispheres is a unique 2D puzzle game that places dual realities at the heart of its challenge. Each analogue stick controls a different avatar in dual, interconnected environments. Using portals and other abilities to avoid sentries, devise and execute your plan, reuniting the parallel worlds of Semispheres.

Sky Ride PS4 — Digital (Out 2/15)
An action game in which a player will ride on a high speed bike and defeat a large group of approaching enemies. The player will fly over the ground, in the sky and various fields and fight utilizing 4 weapons.

Sniper Elite 4 PS4 — Digital, Retail
Discover unrivalled freedom in the largest and most advanced World War II shooter ever built. Experience tactical third-person combat, gameplay choice, and epic longshots across gigantic levels as you liberate wartime Italy from the grip of Fascism.

Starry Nights Helix PS4 — Digital (Out 2/16)
The retro-style, side scrolling shooter with a vivid storyline depicts the stories of four fully realized protagonists.

Toy Odyssey: The Lost and Found PS4 — Digital
Toy Odyssey is a Metroidvania style action-platformer that takes you back to a world made from the nightmares of your childhood. Join Brand, an action figure come to life, in his fight against the darkness to save his owner, Felix. Nightmares are only the start of his troubles…

Vertical Drop Heroes HD PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Vertical Drop Heroes is a procedural platformer RPG hybrid with roguelike elements, where your hero adventures through randomly generated stages. Armed with a variety of skills and traits, you must use your cunning and reflexes to survive the dangers of each stage, until you face the final boss and uncover the truth behind the game!

Who's looking forward to For Honor!?! What's that? Nobody? I don't think Ubi know that and it's gonna hit them pretty hard :ohdear:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Everyone buy Neo Turf Masters.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone know if ride 2 is any good? I'm still gunshy from Driveclub

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

glam rock hamhock posted:

The Drop
Neo Turf Masters is a golf game released by SNK in 1996. Players can choose from a total of six golfers with different abilities and play on courses located around the world such as Australia and Germany. Players can test out their golf skills against friends with game modes such as Stroke Play and Match Play.

How is this the first time I'm hearing of this release?!?!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Takoluka posted:

Everyone buy Neo Turf Masters.

I do enjoy Stroke Play

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

gently caress yeah, Neo Turf Masters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9dhHG_qnQ

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

For the longest time I thought Neo Turf Masters was a wrestling game. I think I somehow connected it to Saturday Night Slam Masters, thinking it was like a sequel or something? gently caress if I know how and why that happened.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Veib posted:

For the longest time I thought Neo Turf Masters was a wrestling game. I think I somehow connected it to Saturday Night Slam Masters, thinking it was like a sequel or something? gently caress if I know how and why that happened.

Ntm has better characters than the wwe

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey if you play mgs3 then you really should play peace walker as well

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What is this game, Night in the Woods, it looks like it could be a really cool trippy game or just a jumble of ideas?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Anora posted:

What is this game, Night in the Woods, it looks like it could be a really cool trippy game or just a jumble of ideas?

i played both demos it has and.... i have no idea. probably better to wait for impressions

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Can a digital code for a game be redeemed if you've already "purchased" it as a free PS Plus title? I know the regular store won't let you add it to your cart, but was wondering if it was different for pre-purchased codes.

Mainly wondering due to that retail package of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. It includes the Season Pass content but I'm not sure if that's a separate code or what. And I'm seeing it for cheaper than the DLC price in the PS store at the moment.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Minidust posted:

Can a digital code for a game be redeemed if you've already "purchased" it as a free PS Plus title? I know the regular store won't let you add it to your cart, but was wondering if it was different for pre-purchased codes.

Mainly wondering due to that retail package of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. It includes the Season Pass content but I'm not sure if that's a separate code or what. And I'm seeing it for cheaper than the DLC price in the PS store at the moment.

I have no idea if a code is just the "base" game, but generally you can purchase a bundle (like a base game + season pass) or redeem a code for it and it'll redeem on your account, removing the PS+ free version and giving you the proper full version. That said, it's possible the retail version is its own special SKU and just has all the season pass content on the disc install. In other words, you would need the disc to play.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

King of Fighters 14 is now listed at $40. It doesn't look like a sale price. Anybody know if this is just a straight baseline price drop?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Drop

Battle Islands: Commanders PS4 — Digital
Dominate the battlefield! From the creators of the popular WWII strategy game Battle Islands comes an explosive, head-to-head combat game! Take part in major WWII battles in Battle Islands: Commanders, from the sandy dunes of North Africa to the bitter cold of the Eastern Front!

Bridge Constructor PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Become an appraised bridge engineer and architect in Bridge Constructor. Create and design your own constructions and watch the cars and trucks pass over them — or see them fall and crash while your inferior creations collapse due to weight and the laws of physics! Your budget is the only limit.

Flywrench PS4 — Digital
Flywrench is a frenetic action game from the makers of Nidhogg about piloting an aerobatic ship through the depths of space.

For Honor PS4 — Digital, Retail
Enter the chaos of war as a bold Knight, brutal Viking, or deadly Samurai, three of the greatest warriors of legend. In For Honor, wield your blade like never before with the innovative Art of Battle combat system that puts you in total control of your warrior.

iO is a physics platformer in which you control a ball. By growing or shrinking the ball you can influence its speed and weight. Use these mechanics to gain momentum and make your way through the levels. Toy with the laws of physics, solve the puzzles, and reach the exit as quickly as possible.

Monster Loves You! PS4 — Digital
Live the life of a Monster, from birth in the slime vats to elderhood and beyond, making decisions that affect the world of Monsters and Humans in this story-book adventure.

MX Nitro PS4 — Digital
Adrenaline overload, break-neck speed: welcome to MX Nitro, a world of thrill-ride motocross racing. Risk bone-breaking stunts to get the Nitro you need to win. Ride fast and high, rack-up death-defying trick combos. Grab your bike, nail its controls, you’re on a journey through tons of tracks in breath-taking locations.

Ride 2 PS4 — Digital, Retail
Discover, transform, and test out the fastest and most iconic motorbikes in the world’s largest digital garage! More than 170 bikes, new models and categories. Collect them all! Travel around the world in an unforgettable and extraordinary sequence of events.

Semispheres PS4 — Digital
Semispheres is a unique 2D puzzle game that places dual realities at the heart of its challenge. Each analogue stick controls a different avatar in dual, interconnected environments. Using portals and other abilities to avoid sentries, devise and execute your plan, reuniting the parallel worlds of Semispheres.

Sky Ride PS4 — Digital (Out 2/15)
An action game in which a player will ride on a high speed bike and defeat a large group of approaching enemies. The player will fly over the ground, in the sky and various fields and fight utilizing 4 weapons.

Sniper Elite 4 PS4 — Digital, Retail
Discover unrivalled freedom in the largest and most advanced World War II shooter ever built. Experience tactical third-person combat, gameplay choice, and epic longshots across gigantic levels as you liberate wartime Italy from the grip of Fascism.

Starry Nights Helix PS4 — Digital (Out 2/16)
The retro-style, side scrolling shooter with a vivid storyline depicts the stories of four fully realized protagonists.

Toy Odyssey: The Lost and Found PS4 — Digital
Toy Odyssey is a Metroidvania style action-platformer that takes you back to a world made from the nightmares of your childhood. Join Brand, an action figure come to life, in his fight against the darkness to save his owner, Felix. Nightmares are only the start of his troubles…

Vertical Drop Heroes HD PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Vertical Drop Heroes is a procedural platformer RPG hybrid with roguelike elements, where your hero adventures through randomly generated stages. Armed with a variety of skills and traits, you must use your cunning and reflexes to survive the dangers of each stage, until you face the final boss and uncover the truth behind the game!

Who's looking forward to For Honor!?! What's that? Nobody? I don't think Ubi know that and it's gonna hit them pretty hard :ohdear:

Flywrench is good, pick it up if you didn't get it on PC. It's by the Nidhogg guys and has the same amount of style. Also, it's pretty tough.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Man, they really dropped the SEO ball here.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't know how I feel about proper names that start with a lower case letter and then you start a sentence with them.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

New sales:

Final Fantasy sale (US Prices pictured)

Note that Dissia Final Fantasy on PSP is a pointless product because Dissidia Duodecim 012 includes all its content and more.

Also 2K Sale for all your :siren: Evolve and Battleborn :siren: needs. Also discounts on Mafia III, NBA 2K17 (on PS3 or PS4), and WWE 2K17 (on PS3 or PS4) and a few other things like XCOM 2, Bioshock: The Collection on PS4, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.

univbee fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 14, 2017

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
(Reuters) Scentists are advocating dropping daylight savings time and replacing it with BBST (BattleBorn sales time) as it is far more reliable and relevant option of time adjustment.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Finally a hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth method of adjusting the time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why are evolve and battle born not free to play yet. Mother of mercy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Why are evolve and battle born not free to play yet. Mother of mercy.

Evolve is. You can play it right now if you want. http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/

I would presume there's a whole bunch of hoops to jump through to get that to happen on PSN though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's loads of FTP games on PSN

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I mean I guess you could write to 2K Games and ask them to let you do whatever work it needs to be done for that to happen?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

univbee posted:

New sales:

Final Fantasy sale (US Prices pictured)

Note that Dissia Final Fantasy on PSP is a pointless product because Dissidia Duodecim 012 includes all its content and more.

Also 2K Sale for all your :siren: Evolve and Battleborn :siren: needs. Also discounts on Mafia III, NBA 2K17 (on PS3 or PS4), and WWE 2K17 (on PS3 or PS4) and a few other things like XCOM 2, Bioshock: The Collection on PS4, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.

Why not the original FF13?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Why not the original FF13?

I don't think it was available digitally.

Edit: Yep, only 13-2 and LR are on the PSN. 13 predated "every game gets a digital release 4 sure" stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda surprised there still isn't a FF13 Trilogy collection on PS4 considering they already made PC ports

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WHERE IS NEO TURF MASTERS!?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Takoluka posted:

WHERE IS NEO TURF MASTERS!?

Thursday. :saddowns:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So is World of Final Fantasy worth it? More importantly, what are the chances it comes to PC later?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

man nurse posted:

So is World of Final Fantasy worth it? More importantly, what are the chances it comes to PC later?

Do you like old-school ATB-style FF games, cute monsters and silly storylines? Yes.

Chances of it coming to PC are about 60%. Not assured but not unlikely.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any of the Alien: Isolation DLC worth £5 for the season pass?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Any of the Alien: Isolation DLC worth £5 for the season pass?

They're all remixes of existing levels with different objectives/flow to them for use in the "score attack" mode. If you really liked the core game, go for it, it's (a lot) more of the same; otherwise I'd say they're probably not worth it, unless you just want there to be more content for you to dick around with when reinstalling the game every few months.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

man nurse posted:

One of my friends loved World of Final Fantasy. It seems to have been received very well, even on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

man nurse posted:

Yes. the story is charming. It has quite a few (final fantasy) jokes that landed really well and got me laughing. the gameplay is fun. it's fun to collect all the monsters and train them.