Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

illBilliam posted:

Ugh, I'm going to get poor-shamed into buying a pro, aren't I?

You already are, plebeian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

illBilliam posted:

Ugh, I'm going to get poor-shamed into buying a pro, aren't I?

If you're fine with PS1 level graphics then sure get a PS4 poor

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Look, are you a Pro, or a Zero?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Look just give me an RDR2 or a Destiny 2 Pro Bundle and I'll trade up. Until then get that poo poo outta my face.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the persona 5 school bag edition secretly has a ps4 pro in it

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

I really am tempted to trade in my PS4oor. That would mean having to go to Gamestop though *shudders*

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I get "lol Gamestop" is a running joke but the stores really aren't that bad. Their employees seem to genuinely work hard and deal with a lot of BS. Them trying to shill stuff and their high prices is on corporate, not the employee

What I'm saying is I generally always have a pleasurable experience and treat the employee with some common courtesy. I don't get why people march into a place with low expectations and a poo poo attitude and take something they read online out on the employee. You get what you put in I guess :shrug:

Hell, i've never even worked retail. Ok I'll step off my soapboxz

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

illBilliam posted:

I really am tempted to trade in my PS4oor. That would mean having to go to Gamestop though *shudders*

Or you could sell it. I sold mine to a goon on sa mart.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gamestops selection has gotten real bad so i don't go unless i'm dumping a console or trading the rare game that amazon doesnt accept or offers less for

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I get "lol Gamestop" is a running joke but the stores really aren't that bad. Their employees seem to genuinely work hard and deal with a lot of BS. Them trying to shill stuff and their high prices is on corporate, not the employee

What I'm saying is I generally always have a pleasurable experience and treat the employee with some common courtesy. I don't get why people march into a place with low expectations and a poo poo attitude and take something they read online out on the employee. You get what you put in I guess :shrug:

Hell, i've never even worked retail. Ok I'll step off my soapboxz

Yeah, most of the ones I've been to have been pretty good too. The last time I went to one to do one of their Trade X Get Game Free deals they had just stopped accepting Vita games but the website still advertised Vita games they would accept so the cashier spent like 10 minutes figuring out the cumulative trade-in values of said Vita games so I could get that deal done. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada with EB Games (GameStop owns the brand) but I've been to a dozen stores and only 1 in all these years would I even call remotely bad.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Gamestops in the US are quite a bit worse than EB games from my experience (been to them in Bellingham, Seattle, LA, SF, Vegas etc). But EB still tried to pull that circle of life bs on me last time I was in. Just gotta be firm.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Speaking of Gamestop, since my PS4 was randomly ejecting discs, chugging on things and sounded like a jet engine even after a fan cleaning, I took advantage of a few deals they had for traded in the PS4 that may have been on the verge of death.

Long story short I traded an OG PS4 + two junk games for a PS4 slim (CoD bundle) for a final price of 41 bucks. Once I sell the sealed CoD game It'll end up being even cheaper, but one thing bugs me.

The outside of the PS4 box promised a download voucher code for CoD4 remastered. I didn't find anything inside of the PS4 so is it safe to assume it's inside of the sealed copy of CoD: Infinite Warfare?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i've never even worked retail

- a person i'm never going to listen to when they talk about retail

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Night Blade posted:

Speaking of Gamestop, since my PS4 was randomly ejecting discs, chugging on things and sounded like a jet engine even after a fan cleaning, I took advantage of a few deals they had for traded in the PS4 that may have been on the verge of death.

Long story short I traded an OG PS4 + two junk games for a PS4 slim (CoD bundle) for a final price of 41 bucks. Once I sell the sealed CoD game It'll end up being even cheaper, but one thing bugs me.

The outside of the PS4 box promised a download voucher code for CoD4 remastered. I didn't find anything inside of the PS4 so is it safe to assume it's inside of the sealed copy of CoD: Infinite Warfare?

I'm not 100% sure on how the console bundle works but the physical version of COD IW that comes with COD4 Remastered has COD4 built into the game so you HAVE to keep IW in order to play it. Does the box call it the Legacy edition or something along those lines? Because that's the case.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

- a person i'm never going to listen to when they talk about retail

🤔🤔🤔

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Look, are you a Pro, or a Zero?

Tomorrow! I got the whole system wiped and the HDD replaced today. Trading in and buying a pro in the morning. One more HD swap and a backup and I'll be back up and running! Really excited.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol The For Honor season pass is loving £33

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

lol The For Honor season pass is loving £33
So they are going to divide the multiplayer base like crazy by having most maps behind a huge paywall? Sounds like an awesome idea.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

So they are going to divide the multiplayer base like crazy by having most maps behind a huge paywall? Sounds like an awesome idea.

The season pass is just microtransaction loot boxes, XP boosters, some new characters, and "early VIP access" to new content. And they're charging $40 USD for it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Samurai Sanders posted:

i hope they can work this out by five honor or the series fatigue is gonna overtake the player base for sure

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

The season pass is just microtransaction loot boxes, XP boosters, some new characters, and "early VIP access" to new content. And they're charging $40 USD for it.

I'd joke about a season pass costing more than the game but I'm pretty sure that exists already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nobody is going to remember For Honour by this time next year. I wonder if Ubisoft will still be around 🤔

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Who's currently giving the best trade-in deal on OG PS4's? I'm probably going to begrudgingly pull the trigger on a Pro by trading in one of my current PS4's and probably 3 or 4 games I don't play anymore. Is GameStop still the only place worthwhile?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nobody is going to remember For Honour by this time next year. I wonder if Ubisoft will still be around 🤔

This is getting ridiculous. The game's a huge success, 45,000 concurrent players on Steam today (no PS4 stats of course). Like I get that people who suck at playing against real people would rather play soulsbourne/nioh but give it some credit. It's a good, deep game and the FH thread gets more posts per hour than this one.

Also the DLC policy is really good. You get everything for free if you just play. Stop with the Ubi hate boner already.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll get For Honor later this year. I liked it but I'm not paying 60€ for it when I still have to buy Nioh, Yakuza 0 and some others. I'm sure GAME will have it on sale in a few months for like 30.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Policenaut posted:

I'm not 100% sure on how the console bundle works but the physical version of COD IW that comes with COD4 Remastered has COD4 built into the game so you HAVE to keep IW in order to play it. Does the box call it the Legacy edition or something along those lines? Because that's the case.

Ps4 version of modern warfare is a separate download code included within the box of infinite warfare. Strangely enough the xbone version of it is included on the disc so it can be resold.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Probably not they only make several billion dollars a year, they'll be finished within a year for sure if nobody buys the for honor season pass

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This is getting ridiculous. The game's a huge success, 45,000 concurrent players on Steam today (no PS4 stats of course). Like I get that people who suck at playing against real people would rather play soulsbourne/nioh but give it some credit. It's a good, deep game and the FH thread gets more posts per hour than this one.

Man you have got a real boner for that game.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

Man you have got a real boner for that game.

Oh dear we wouldn't want someone enjoying a game on the internet now would we... "bb-b-but it's u-u-u-uu-uubisoft.. *trembles wildly*

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The problem is people buying games from a trash publisher/developer who just killed another franchise, bungled idiot proof sequels, had to relaunch the division after it was basically dead in week 3.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
The main problem I have with Ubisoft, apart from them nuking their own sequels and games not meeting hype set etc, is generally there games are just aggressively mediocre.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

For honor cool because all maps will be free and all the characters in the season pass you can unlock with the currency you get by doing matches :cool:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I believed it when Capcom told me that too

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I stopped liking Ubisoft after AC Unity. But I absolutely loved Rayman Origins and legends. Can they just make a new Rayman game? Hell remaster the 1st Rayman game. It's a timeless classic imo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah I believed it when Capcom told me that too

For Honour will have a very robust story

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The problem is people buying games from a trash publisher/developer who just killed another franchise, bungled idiot proof sequels, had to relaunch the division after it was basically dead in week 3.

Bungled sequels like noted really cool and good game and huge improvement Watch Dogs 2 huh. every company has its good and bad stuff, just enjoy games you like, there won't be any problems, you'll be fine

And yeah For Honor is a good game, the fighting system is legit

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I was talking about AssCreed mainly . Glad you think watch dogs 2 is more than a mediocre ubisoft open world game, which is what watchdogs 1 should've been.

Cause it sure as gently caress is not worth full price

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

People were talking about innovative Ubi multiplayer before, I can't believe they gave up on the Assassin's Creed multiplayer mode. I had some fun times with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sefal posted:

I stopped liking Ubisoft after AC Unity. But I absolutely loved Rayman Origins and legends. Can they just make a new Rayman game? Hell remaster the 1st Rayman game. It's a timeless classic imo.

AC:Syndicate is worth your time, it's legit good. Also the original Rayman isn't so much a 'timeless classic' as an exercise in self-harm considering how hard it gets.