Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Captain Invictus posted:

his new gimmick theorycrafting time

I predict...he TRANSFORMS INTO SCORPONOK

I'm calling that his head, too, turns into a robot this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Lepecard posted:

I would at least hope that it can turn it's head, have basic hip/shoulder tilts and swivels so it can at least make some type of pose that can make it look menacing.

I see no reason to expect him to have less articulation than normal, dinosaur body type permitting. We've already seen the legs have knee flexibility and ankle tilts. I wouldn't expect an articulated tail but G1 Trypticon's tail has always been kind of stumpy.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm calling that his head, too, turns into a robot this time.

And that robot is...Scorponeck!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Rhyno posted:

Same. They work great in detolfs. Wish I could find something the same size but clear.

http://www.smalljoes.com/apex-action-figure-collectibles-display-case.shtml

I've got these and they're great

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I watched plenty of duckman but can't remember what that's supposed to look like.
Thrust your pelvis, huh, thrust your pelvis, huh, thrust your pelvis, huh

Also don't read youtube comments on duckman, ho boy, turns out sexists don't get satire

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Captain Invictus posted:

Put a bunch of dudes in Detolfs. I thought I'd use the one large area for KOOS DOTM Megatron, and had him sit indian-style in there, and he fit perfectly. :v: The Combiner Wars gestalts fit fairly well when not standing on the top step of the tiered shelves, or can be stepping down to the next one and fit perfectly.

Sorry for the crappy photo. Also, I just noticed that loving Chinese Children's Day, or whatever it is, white plastic robot fell over and so did Rattrap, goddammit. Those guys are super unstable. I'll probably just get rid of them, or at least prop Rattrap up with something.

Not sure what to put in the bottom one, might just fill it with uncombined Combiner Wars dudes.

Any thoughts on selling one of those G2 Superions?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Before you guys go off on a wild tangent, the gimmick has nothing to do with walking.
Confirmed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Trypticon's head turns into fan-"favorite" Dinobot, who can also turn into a raptor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

drrockso20 posted:

Any thoughts on selling one of those G2 Superions?

Maybe eventually. I'll probably wind up just keeping one and selling the others

Though it is satisfying to have that symmetry :v:

Have you checked ebay, the box sets may be relatively cheap still since there was a glut of them dumped by hasbro all at once.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I watched plenty of duckman but can't remember what that's supposed to look like.

I dont care about that but now I want Jason Alexander to be the voice of Trypticon. Or some Decepticon. Like Tarn. The homicidal DJD fanatic who has terrible comebacks. :allears:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Trypticon's head turns into a smaller, more portable trypticon for the deception enthusiast on the go.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Maybe eventually. I'll probably wind up just keeping one and selling the others

Though it is satisfying to have that symmetry :v:

Have you checked ebay, the box sets may be relatively cheap still since there was a glut of them dumped by hasbro all at once.

I kinda looked last week when I was trying to hunt down limbs for the Sky Lynx I got for Christmas, since I was thinking about getting Quickslinger as one of the limbs(along with Rook, Alpha Bravo, and a couple others), and man are the prices for certain CW figures complete bullcrap(Rook and Alpha Bravo especially stood out)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Is Trypticon his own thing or just a weird Titan/citybot ala Metroplex, Metrotitan et al? I don't recall ever seeing him in anything except that one story where Ratbat orders him home because he used up too much gas or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sentinel Red posted:

Is Trypticon his own thing or just a weird Titan/citybot ala Metroplex, Metrotitan et al? I don't recall ever seeing him in anything except that one story where Ratbat orders him home because he used up too much gas or something.

Typical accountant.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Sentinel Red posted:

He was in Season 3 of the cartoon a lot, particularly the Five Faces of Darkness and the one where he was hanging out with Octane and a middle eastern dictator.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sentinel Red posted:

He's fairly important in both of the Cybertron games, as he's both the final boss of the Autobot campaign in War and gets turned into the Nemesis in Fall, the latter of which sorta comes up in Prime(but like most things in that series is handled rather poorly), but it's honestly best to try and ignore any connections that the Cybertron games and Prime are supposed to have as it brings nothing but headaches(especially if you take into account Rescue Bots and RID as part of Prime, which is it's own special kind of headache)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm pretty certain Trypticon's gimimck is that he'll play Samba music when he Transforms - oh wait, no electronics

drrockso20 posted:

but it's honestly best to try and ignore any connections that the Cybertron games and Prime are supposed to have as it brings nothing but headaches(especially if you take into account Rescue Bots and RID as part of Prime, which is it's own special kind of headache)

I can kind of see where Hasbro was coming from on Aligned Continuity.
The idea being that their properties should have at least similar continuity so if you started with the games, you'd at least be able to jump into the cartoon and know what's GENERALLY supposed to be going on, who is who. Like making Sideswipe a swordsman and Jazz a ninja across continuities, putting Primus and Unicron in similar places, etc...
It's a BAD idea for a number of reasons but I kind of get it.
Especially with Transformers seasons being as ephemeral as they are, nothing is going to be the new G1 except possibly the IDW comics, and those both have a lot of differences from the general continuity, neither of them even have Primus.

Continuity is generally overrated and I'd prefer something concentrate on telling its own story from start to finish instead of diluting it to build some less personal and meaningful "epic" that probably won't even be that great.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'm hoping he does something truly impressive because it looks like he actually has fewer moving pieces than the original. The body probably splits open just like the old one judging by the hinge on the back, but it looks like the legs don't split apart or fold out either. But also now the arms are on a hinge to flip up against the head.

I'm guessing it probably doesn't come with all its various building pieces either so are there gonna be pop out pieces? Will they just not exist? We won't know anything til we get at least one alt-mode picture.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He transforms into a...MAN-PORTABLE RAY BLASTER!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm guessing Full-Tilt has a Titanmaster now, or something.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

He transforms into a...MAN-PORTABLE RAY BLASTER!

*Submarine

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Keldroc posted:

*Submarine

Hascon Exclusive Dive Dive anyone? :v: hell, repaint it blue for a legit ZOD. Throw in a re painted Wreck Gar or Groove for Cy-kill.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
Isn't there a very real chance he'll have a 3rd awesome space ship mode?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

Isn't there a very real chance he'll have a 3rd awesome space ship mode?

With how rigidly GEEWUN the other Titan Class figures have been? I wouldn't bet on it. T-Rex, city, battle station that looks like the city with shorter arms and more guns. G1 CityBot Standard.

I wouldn't hope too much for Titan Class Omega Supreme to turn into the Ark, either. Even though that would be rad as all hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just sold my Platinum Trypticon for way more than I paid for it and used a chunk for the cash to pay for MP Cheetor. Now if There'd just be an Ebay Flash coupon everything would be right in the world.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Had a few minutes to kill so went into Toys R Us in Woking and ye gods, the selection was poor. Rewinds, Wheelies, Brawns, Clobbers and some other Titan Master (something Tread?), some Bisks (?) at £23, 3 Soundwaves, some other Robots in Disguise Legends and a MP Bumblebee. Oh and some set featuring Prime and Megatron priced at £100

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Had a few minutes to kill so went into Toys R Us in Woking and ye gods, the selection was poor. Rewinds, Wheelies, Brawns, Clobbers and some other Titan Master (something Tread?), some Bisks (?) at £23, 3 Soundwaves, some other Robots in Disguise Legends and a MP Bumblebee. Oh and some set featuring Prime and Megatron priced at £100

3 step Bisk or good Bisk?
If it's good Bisk I might convince the GF to drive me to TRU this weekend, even though she's already kinda pissed at me.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

mehall posted:

3 step Bisk or good Bisk?
If it's good Bisk I might convince the GF to drive me to TRU this weekend, even though she's already kinda pissed at me.

I think it's the 3 step Bisk, if the price at Toys R Us is the same as at a competing toy retailer

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I think it's the 3 step Bisk, if the price at Toys R Us is the same as at a competing toy retailer

Boo. Can't find a Bisk other than importing it, and that'd be about £30-35

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Edit: me grimlock is me smart

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Here's an interesting rumor:

quote:

Rumors have been circulating for a while of Titans Return going down the Combiner Wars route of giftsets to prolong the line and offer up more characters, and the latest reports of a SKU in Canadian Toys R Us systems seems to clinch this one as a reality.

The reported SKU is 290858, carrying a price of $149.99 CAN, analogous with the price of Combiner Wars boxed sets in Canada. The SKU’s text gives the sets name as EX-Generations SRS Pack 1 Speed.

For those following, this is one of a number of leaks posted last year by the Transmissions podcast – one that you might have been right to be skeptical of at the time. According to their rumor, this set would consist of different figures in different size classes, including a leader class Quickswitch (from Sixshot), Star Convoy (from the Voyager Optimus Prime), Nautica (from Blurr / Brainstorm), Fastlane, and Titan Master Thunderclap. There is nothing here to confirm the breakdown of the set – all we have apparent confirmation of is a name.

Perhaps we’ll learn more at Toy Fair this weekend?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I thought the G2 box sets were good if you could find them on sale, I would be more inclined to buy TT sets under the same circumstances

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
A Nautica but in an expensive giftset?

FML.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Quickswitch and Star Convoy might make that worthwhile. But then we'd need to actually see new TF product in stores first.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The last TFC Poseidon needed to make the big boy came today, still missing Tentakill though. He's big and rude and his sword rivals Feral Rex and certainly beats it is mass. Unforunately this makes him unable to hold it at a reasonable angle without some fiddling. Each of the limbs can be an arm or a leg and they have the third weapon mode too. I think each one has a position they were designed to best fit though, but I'll have to swap them all around some more. It comes with a replacement neck for combined mode but it seems like a nightmare to swap and some people are reporting the pin being too thick to go in the hole and it makes it really awkward to pull the combiner head out of its cave! It just adds an extended ball joint so he can look up and down more than the limited amount by default and allows his head to sit further forwards cos its a little too far to the back. He's stable, nice ankle tilts and with some fiddling you can get 90 degree elbow bends with some of the guys.

Badcube Hoist is not very good, knees that are a floaty double joint and his backpack just sort of sits there, but their Trailbreaker is better with the backpack giving a place for some panels to go. MMC Ocular Max Terraegis is better imo.

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Just sent a happy TheDK the Revoltech figures. They are now off the market. Doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other figures to talk about, so I updated the List.

ARMADA
Thundercracker ----------$30
Megatron--------------------$20
Galvatron--------------------$40
Starscream ----------------$20
Wheeljack ------------------$15
Demolishor-------------$10 DrRockso20
Cyclonus-----------------$10 DrRockso20
Blurr----------------------------$10
Thrust-------------------------$10
Scavenger-------------------$20
Smokescreen--------------$10
Skywarp----------------------$30
Sideways---------------------$15
Hoist----------------------------$10
Hot Shot----------------------$10
Optimus Prime (Small)--$15
Sideswipe-------------------$10
Red Alert---------------------$15

ENERGON
Mirage (Japanese Version)--------$20
Ironhide------------------------------$15
Slugslinger---------------------$10 DrRockso20
Divebomb-----------------------$5 DrRockso20
Ravage---------------------------$5 DrRockso20
Arcee------------------------------$5 DrRockso20
Landmine---------------------------$30 DrRockso20 (Maybe)

CYBERTRON
Galvatron-----------------------$30
Scourge-------------------------$25 DrRockso20 (Maybe)
Soundwave--------------------$15 DrRockso20 (Maybe)
SkyShadow--------------------$15 DrRockso20 (maybe)
Excellion------------------------$20

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE
Megatron--------------------$30 DrRockso20
Optimus Prime----------------$30
Ultra Magnus------------------$30
Dreadwind and Smokjumper---$35 DrRockso20
Bruticus----------------------$5 DrRockso20
Megatron Megabolt------ $35

Classics Voyager Optimus Prime------------$35
Classics Hot Rod (NOT the G1 version)---$30
Cryotek----------------------------------------------------$40

REVOLTECH (ALL UNOPENED)
Optimus Prime---------------- $45TheDK
Megatron------------------------- $45TheDK
Hot Rod--------------------------- $50TheDK
Starscream---------------------- $50TheDK
[/quote]

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Quickswitch and Star Convoy might make that worthwhile. But then we'd need to actually see new TF product in stores first.

Is there any word on when preorders at least for wave 4 are coming?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

They're already out and people are reviewing them, so all logic has been lost this year.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

They're already out and people are reviewing them, so all logic has been lost this year.

I'm sort of into Kup now, thanks Pea-aug

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

I've seen that so I've been very confused, thus why I asked :( I got all excited for this wave thinking I'd just pick it up from BBTS like usual but that was months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Release schedules have been so screwy. TFW2005 is reporting the US has just seen the TR voyager OP and Megs on shelves, but they've been out here in the UK since before Christmas. v:shobon:v