Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Touché.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
"all women"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did you just assumed their gender???

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao that'd rule if they were all eunuchs and Rick gets the NOT THE BEES treatment

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So those people have guns, why did they decide to just fuckin run up and group hug Rick's group? Like what if the cold open for next week is just

Rick: DUCK
*Rick's group ducks*
*other group fires guns comically and kills a bunch of their own people*
~THE WALKING DEAD~

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Then that would be loving awesome???

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know it's probably just to save money by not having every actor in every episode, but I hope this epsiode means they realized that Negan is scarier if we don't see him all the time

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

My theory is that Rick recognised someone from the past in the group who he knows will help him get rid of Negan. Someone quote this when i'm right!

Who disappeared a few seasons ago who could make a STUNNING COMEBACK?

JohnCrichton
Mar 6, 2007
Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack.

spudsbuckley posted:

It was the most helpful herd ever.

They basically pushed Rick toward the car, pushed him in and closed the door for him.

[quote="spudsbuckley" post="469386855"]
It was the most helpful herd ever.

They basically pushed Rick toward the car, pushed him in and closed the door for him.

Now that is a proper Southern zombie gentleman!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know it's probably just to save money by not having every actor in every episode, but I hope this epsiode means they realized that Negan is scarier if we don't see him all the time

Agreed

Don't wear him out.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

spudsbuckley posted:

My theory is that Rick recognised someone from the past in the group who he knows will help him get rid of Negan. Someone quote this when i'm right!

Fat mexican dude and family from season 1.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

It's probably the women tribe, they picked up some stragglers on the way.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Father Gabriel reunited with his flock and now they're gonna kill him slowly

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I like how 50 people were hiding behind that one trailer

shh! shh! I see the people that stole dog food from the boat bumbling up the path!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I like how it looks like you made all these guys greeting Rick are doing so by calling him, "Dude"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I've been thinking about it, and this group should be known as the McPoyle Clan

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

Sophia?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

vintagepurple posted:

Fat mexican dude and family from season 1.

That would be a mindfuck and a half.

Turns out it's... The Vatos!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TWD Quiz!

Rick has ____ kid(s) named _______________

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

So those people have guns, why did they decide to just fuckin run up and group hug Rick's group? Like what if the cold open for next week is just

Rick: DUCK
*Rick's group ducks*
*other group fires guns comically and kills a bunch of their own people*
~THE WALKING DEAD~

Sjs00 posted:

Then that would be loving awesome???

110% agreed

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

That would be a mindfuck and a half.

Turns out it's... The Vatos!

In all seriousness if they brought the Vatos back out of nowhere I would be on board with that.

It'd be hilarious if they recruited the cops that killed Beth*, though.

* If suicide by cop counts

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know people keep making GBS threads on the comics, maybe for good reason, but every single time I look anything up from them it makes SO much more sense than the show. gently caress, the end of the Woodsbury thing was so much better there, and actually didn't end with ALL OF WOODSBURY BEING DEAD; someone else took the reigns.

With recent poo poo like Carl not taking a shot at the Negan (when he did in the comics) and such, I can't help but think we're seeing xerox of xerox level fails.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 15, 2017

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I still really like Ezekiel and his hype man.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Ezekiel is the only good character in this god forsaken show

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Last Chance posted:

Ezekiel is the only good character in this god forsaken show

Ezekiel's whole story/kingdom is weird, odd, and yet understandable. It's why I love Z-Nation so much.

Seriously watch Z-Nation.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've never and probably won't ever try Z Nation because when I started watching The Walking Dead I was hoping for a smart show that was dark, tense, had high stakes. I was hoping it would be about the human condition and the lengths people will and won't go to survive. Obviously I'm not gonna get it from TWD at this point but I doubt I'll get it from Z Nation either.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Obviously I'm not gonna get it from TWD at this point but I doubt I'll get it from Z Nation either.

That's true. Z-Nation is pretty much the Dead Rising 2 of zombie stuff. Which is also why it's loving awesome.

I'd love a realistic survival show with realistic threats and what you described, but man, TWD jumped THAT shark many years ago.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Blazing Ownager posted:

In all seriousness if they brought the Vatos back out of nowhere I would be on board with that.

It'd be hilarious if they recruited the cops that killed Beth*, though.

* If suicide by cop counts

I totally forgot about that dumb plot.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I was hoping it would be about the human condition and the lengths people will and won't go to survive

It started out that way with a few moments sprinkled among the seasons but ever since the Gov it feels like they are stuck on some super villain kick.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Orange Red Bull posted:

It started out that way with a few moments sprinkled among the seasons but ever since the Gov it feels like they are stuck on some super villain kick.

Yeah that's what I mean, season 1 and even season 2 scratched that itch pretty well. I will say I watched those seasons on Netflix so it wasn't as slow for me as someone who was watching it on tv weekly. I keep coming back I guess hoping it'll be as good as it was but I think I've come to the conclusion there's not much you can do with those themes long term.

JohnCrichton
Mar 6, 2007
Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack.
You guys are right. I'm reminded of 90's show where they had "monster of the week" episode now it's "monster of the season".

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched the movie Train to Busan. Half a day into the Zombie apocalypse and the Koreans start wrapping their arms in tape.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you don't really need protection when the zombies are courteously walking you to your car and closing doors for you

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeesh, you know it was a bad season opener when we can't even find anything to argue about

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
season opener?

thou doth jest, methinks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Space Crabs posted:

you don't really need protection when the zombies are courteously walking you to your car and closing doors for you

They were chauffeurs when alive

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Ezekiel and The Kingdom are my favorite things about this show in like 2 and a half seasons. I may complain about the last couple seasons a lot, but The Kingdom episode may be my actual favorite episode of the series so far and I was kind of pissed that we only saw them once the entire first half.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Dude Mischonne returns with friends? Is that who rick sees?
Also what of the key card thing chubby chick found?

I remember the first half season in small chunks of nonsense.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

euphronius posted:

They were chauffeurs when alive

I do miss the season one aspect where the walkers would retain some of the old habits from when they were alive. Nice to see it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JohnCrichton posted:

You guys are right. I'm reminded of 90's show where they had "monster of the week" episode now it's "monster of the season".

All of this wouldn't be so bad if it made any Goddamn sense. Also none of the characters have been consistent since Negan showed up, starting with him giving Rick an axe 2 feet away and Rick NOT trying to hack his face off and it never stopped.

Again, the fact this entire "life under Negan" thing has gone like a week or two makes it just ridiculous on every level.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I watched the movie Train to Busan. Half a day into the Zombie apocalypse and the Koreans start wrapping their arms in tape.

I loved that guy so loving much. He would literally be king of the wasteland in TWD.

Seriously though I hate how writers are so dumb they can't think of threats if people do smart things so people do dumb things..

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 17, 2017