Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What is it about the valley on Lakeville being such a massive retard-magnet? Why does my team keep rushing into the most worthless, slowest place on the map like a pack of spastics during Encounter battles while the enemy goes for the town and gets an easy win? Hair-tearingly frustrating stuff.

I like when the only scout goes valley then people line up on that hill in the SE too far away to actually shoot anything and sit there until the city is completely overrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

thylacine posted:

I like when the only scout goes valley then people line up on that hill in the SE too far away to actually shoot anything and sit there until the city is completely overrun.
Just had this happen. Along with our IS-7 falling in the loving lake 15 seconds in.

Atomizer posted:

I also have started grinding the VK45A, which is like the KT but with more mobility, less armor, and a worse gun. Inexplicably, I'm doing better in the VK and it seems to bounce more. :iiam:
I'm also grinding this thing and hating near-enough every goddamned loving moment. Low rolls for penetration and damage every time (scoring ~250 on a gun with 320 average damage because gently caress me for actually hitting something), inexplicably less gun depression on an identical turret and overall it's just something of an all-round poo poo platform.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 15, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MariusLecter posted:

I started watching this T-44-100 replay just now and thought "why is he carrying so many HE shells?" and then later in the battle I thought of Hellsau, :allears:

https://youtu.be/dx7H8Jkhx0E

This is like WoT in summary. Just hope your pubbies are smarter than theirs...that was a stupid team

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

And then I somehow get a Mark of Excellence on the AMX M4 45. This is a tank which does everything possible to frustrate and disappoint me at every turn while delivering a laughable 44% WR in it, yet here I am with a loving white band around the barrel. The average damage on this thing must be absolutely pathetic.

"Hey guys, look, he must be good at this game. Let's all target him with arty"

Last night I had a mix of frustration and laugh fit. I took the west road on the Prok map with my t-34-85 and sat in some bushes. Got joined by an IS-6 and an arty to back us. An UDES spotted me, I got a shot into him and his two artys punched me immediately after. The IS-6? Took a shot and ran away clear over to the other side of the map where he managed to unload five rounds, never hit a thing, then get mauled. He ranked higher than me in the outcome....*sigh*

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 15, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Welcome to Prok, imo

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

What is it about the valley on Lakeville being such a massive retard-magnet? Why does my team keep rushing into the most worthless, slowest place on the map like a pack of spastics during Encounter battles while the enemy goes for the town and gets an easy win? Hair-tearingly frustrating stuff.

"you can't ignore a flank!" combined with Dunning-Kruger.

I'm also grinding this thing and hating near-enough every goddamned loving moment. Low rolls for penetration and damage every time (scoring ~250 on a gun with 320 average damage because gently caress me for actually hitting something), inexplicably less gun depression on an identical turret and overall it's just something of an all-round poo poo platform.

The VK4502A is an exceptionally powerful tank. Play aggressive, find another tier eight or lower tier tank and hold left click on it, or spend the first few minutes as a second line sniper and then during cleanup go for a ram + shoot to kill weakened enemies.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
When the tank is so OP a Top gun only gets you a 3rd level mastery. I am loving the skorpion.

Also I played a game on Overlord earlier. A lot of tier 10s and I was in my VK4502b. I went to the middle where that little horse shoe area is, 2 'layers' above the beach with just an AMX CDC for company. He then spotted an IS-7, 2 E100's and a Maus. I came out of that scrap (thanks to the intervention of some devastating artillery from my team) with a dead E-100 and a Maus to my name, 4500 damage blocked and a message from the IS-7 player calling me a cheating rat.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

"you can't ignore a flank!" combined with Dunning-Kruger.

It's often best to ignore a flank, because then you clean up the other flank faster and can turn around to defend. Convincing the pubs to turn around and defend is the hard part.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

It's often best to ignore a flank, because then you clean up the other flank faster and can turn around to defend. Convincing the pubs to turn around and defend is the hard part.

Agreed.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
A45 is still bad, right? Don't recall any recent buffs. It's on offer on EU again.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

A45 is still bad, right? Don't recall any recent buffs. It's on offer on EU again.

Still bad.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Lakeville valley is a great place for a bad player to take their top tier heavy and farm a lot (for them, at least) of damage against similarly bad players in lower tier tanks that can't flank them. They don't contribute anything to the battle but, for once, they've done half their health in damage instead of dying out in the field on malinovka with 0 damage, so they'll repeat it every time.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The first time I get to play on Prok with the Skorpion and look at the team I get. Look at that IS3 platoon.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Desuwa posted:

Lakeville valley is a great place for a bad player to take their top tier heavy and farm a lot (for them, at least) of damage against similarly bad players in lower tier tanks that can't flank them. They don't contribute anything to the battle but, for once, they've done half their health in damage instead of dying out in the field on malinovka with 0 damage, so they'll repeat it every time.

It was kinda nice if I got that in a AT-15 and could just sit near the back and track people as they crested the hill. It had enough ROF to keep people there, and could eventually wear them down. I held that with a SU-152 in game against 1/2 the enemy team that would creep up one at a time, get tracked, then slapped with a HE shell. They'd retreat. A few seconds later another vehicle would try this, get hit by me, then smacked with a HE.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I had a great valley match in my *trigger warning* Hummel. The stars aligned and the trajectory of my shells was exactly the same as the gradient of the hill. The entire pubie team tried a valley rush, got stalled at the crest of the hill and died at the rate of one a reload. Good times.

Malanovka :argh: Another night of dumb pubbies doing dumb poo poo.

As a scout you go forward but hide well enough that you spot every single one of the enemy team that are camping. Assistance damage 149. Are your gun barrels jammed with jizz? w t f.

As a heavy. Go to the hill in a match up that screamed easy win. All the other heavies sat in the open near the spawn and got wrecked. I almost won the hill on my own but apparently MA2E4 shermans can bounce KT rounds from their unangled side armour while easily penetrating a well angled front glacis.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

alright then

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

alright then

a RELIC player calling someone else garbage is pretty funny

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
T-34-85: Still incredible
TOG II: Still WN8 sponge

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

T-34-85: Still incredible
TOG II: Still WN8 sponge

how the gently caress is 2300 damage 3 kills as a top tier enough for the ace on the 34-85? Please buff the T-34-85 Wargaming, thanks. Also buff the Rudy too, these two tanks are clearly underpowered just like the VK3002D and E 50.

Hencoe posted:

Speaking of mads at arty.

http://imgur.com/a/nRADi

Im going to miss this tank.

lol that player has 2700 battles in the T-127 and is a member of [_CIA_], that mother fucker doesn't have any room to complain about the leFH.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 16, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Speaking of mads at arty.

http://imgur.com/a/nRADi

Im going to miss this tank.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

to be honest i do feel like i'm cheating when i play my lefh

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Wonder if they'll take away it's HEAT along with all the other arty.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Steelion posted:

Wonder if they'll take away it's HEAT along with all the other arty.

But they can't nerf premiums, you cry! That's why the E-25 remains untouched. I mean, ignoring the horrific nerfing the HEAT on the leFH and Type 62 already received.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if they nerf it, how are they gonna sell it in $80 bundles? checkmate, balancers.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

BadLlama posted:

alright then

Why didn't you challenge him to a 1v1?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

But they can't nerf premiums, you cry! That's why the E-25 remains untouched. I mean, ignoring the horrific nerfing the HEAT on the leFH and Type 62 already received.

Since the heat nerf was to all heat and not specifically them, maybe that is how they justify those weren't nerfed? As to your comment about a T-127. What does a T-127 fear other then Tetrachs?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

anything with a pom-pom?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
The little French Marder.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

how the gently caress is 2300 damage 3 kills as a top tier enough for the ace on the 34-85? Please buff the T-34-85 Wargaming, thanks.

I think because not many people play it because the people who love it bought the Rudy.

I got my second mark of excellence in the 34-85 without even concentrating on it. I've been unable to get over 80% in the Rudy.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just aced the Ikv 65 Alt II.

9 kills, 3,351 damage. Next closest damage on the team was 815.

Edit: I'm using the stock gun because it loads faster and has the same gold pen as the top gun.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 16, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

yeah all 5 of them jammed themselves up in to that road

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I'm grindin a Leo and looks like the 2nd babby gun is better than the top gun in that it has higher dpm and is way more accurate with just a fuckteenth less pen, too bad you have to research it so you can get the top turret so anyway I'm going to keep this tank I think along with the 74.
Im gay

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

So not one of those fuckers was willing to actually go into the middle, get 7000 spotting damage and 3000 damage and murder some tier 8 light tanks, and win the game for your team? Cool.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

they're waiting for the important valley mans to push thru and flank the WZetc from behind a pro strat you obv wouldn't understand

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
So I guess bots always send out a platoon invite now?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've actually clicked garage when the top 4 or 5 HT's went valley and got a frowny Patton warning but nothing happens

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

NotWearingPants posted:

So I guess bots always send out a platoon invite now?

that might explain things the ones I get are almost always from ppl with outstandingly bad stats

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Hellsau posted:

So not one of those fuckers was willing to actually go into the middle, get 7000 spotting damage and 3000 damage and murder some tier 8 light tanks, and win the game for your team? Cool.

If they're anything like me they'd manage to find the one spot where they can get shot at from a zillion directions and die before they can accomplish anything. I know I'm always real hesitant to be the guy going into the middle because of that.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Steelion posted:

If they're anything like me they'd manage to find the one spot where they can get shot at from a zillion directions and die before they can accomplish anything. I know I'm always real hesitant to be the guy going into the middle because of that.

Sometimes you die. Sometimes there's a 183 that spawned perfectly and shoots a shot and dings your turret just right to oneshot you. Sometimes you immediately win the game for your team and earn shitloads of XP and credits for your efforts. I'm willing to die quickly if surviving means my team goes from a guaranteed loss (look at those useless fucks sitting there) to a nearly guaranteed win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

thylacine posted:

I will shoot as many M44 HEAT shells as I can until they take it away from me--even if I feel bad about one shotting people sometimes.

I'm pretty sure I read that they're removing all non-HE shells from SPGs as part of the "rebalancing."

Prav posted:

valley is easy. the enemy comes from straight ahead and then you lose. it's very comfortable and predictable.

This description made me think of Lakeville Valley being the Trump of WoT. :shrug:

You must be new here! :allears:

HFX posted:

Since the heat nerf was to all heat and not specifically them, maybe that is how they justify those weren't nerfed? As to your comment about a T-127. What does a T-127 fear other then Tetrachs?

Any tier 3 or 4 TD? :shrug:

ROFLburger posted:

Could be worse, at least all 5 didn't go valley! :suicide:

Fat Jesus posted:

I'm grindin a Leo and looks like the 2nd babby gun is better than the top gun in that it has higher dpm and is way more accurate with just a fuckteenth less pen, too bad you have to research it so you can get the top turret so anyway I'm going to keep this tank I think along with the 74.
Im gay

Both of those guns are viable; the 75 is probably "better" overall but makes it pretty Comet-like (read: you've seen this before) while the 100 hits harder. I'll probably prefer the Leo with the 75 but I'd still rather play it with the 100 over the A-44 or T-34-1 (or even the T-34-100, which wasn't as bad as those.)

Fat Jesus posted:

I've actually clicked garage when the top 4 or 5 HT's went valley and got a frowny Patton warning but nothing happens

I think you actually do get banned from leaving too many battles early, but doing it once in a while is OK. At least drive into the lake first if you're really not going to play that match, so you don't get the early departure warning, don't get reported, and everybody is aware of your...contribution.

Fat Jesus posted:

that might explain things the ones I get are almost always from ppl with outstandingly bad stats

Maybe it's advanced bot programming, where they try to get into platoons to make it appear that actual humans are platooning together. :shrug: