Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Watch it and decide for yourself
A fair statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i didn't think it was bad, but more because I had like zero reaction to the Bad Joke and not because Maidragon is so great i feel a need to defend it in spite of what happened.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Holy wow, Freyja's solo on the 3rd album.
:stwoon:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grouchio posted:

How scandalous was the most recent episode of Maidragon?

🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i put on the new maidragon and the first act was dumb but hardly uniquely scandalizing for anime and then i lost interest and paused it at the midway point and did other things for the rest of my evening

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Super No Vacancy posted:

i put on the new maidragon and the first act was dumb but hardly uniquely scandalizing for anime and then i lost interest and paused it at the midway point and did other things for the rest of my evening

you paused it before the good part

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
sounds pretty bad to me op

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

The Colonel posted:

you paused it before the good part
This. I suggest picking it back up.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Blank Construct posted:

sounds pretty bad to me op

the second half of the episode might as well be the entire episode

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
drat... at least there's a good half?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah the first half :twisted:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Holy wow, Freyja's solo on the 3rd album.
:stwoon:

:yeah:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Someone name me an anime where the main guy/girl only kiss right at the very end of the series. I need an example for a thing I'm working on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Golden Battler posted:

Someone name me an anime where the main guy/girl only kiss right at the very end of the series. I need an example for a thing I'm working on.

Toradora

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Golden Battler posted:

Redline.

Sure, it's a movie, but literally- end of the show before the credits.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Golden Battler posted:

Eureka Seven

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oreimo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Utena, I think?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Are manga ok

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

Are manga ok

If yes, then Mysterious Girlfriend X for the level beyond, where they don't even do that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Utena, I think?

They only kiss in the movie but the first one is pretty close to the start, so I guess?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

i didn't think it was bad, but more because I had like zero reaction to the Bad Joke and not because Maidragon is so great i feel a need to defend it in spite of what happened.

the person whose maidragon reactions I've been following on twitter was just like "the small maidragons are gay this show is gonna kill me" and "his name is shota lmao" so maybe we're just too conservative here on the something awful dot com forums.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

the person whose maidragon reactions I've been following on twitter was just like "the small maidragons are gay this show is gonna kill me" and "his name is shota lmao" so maybe we're just too conservative here on the something awful dot com forums.

mine were: "lol kanna is a huge troll" and "lol that lucoa can't tempt shouta with anything"

so yeah i kinda agree that extrapolating the jokes into controversy might be a bit much.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Thank you for the suggestions friends.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Always jump to the most damning interpretation of everything.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Golden Battler posted:

Gurren Lagan

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

mine were: "lol kanna is a huge troll" and "lol that lucoa can't tempt shouta with anything"

so yeah i kinda agree that extrapolating the jokes into controversy might be a bit much.

I'll admit, reading the (much worse) chapter in the manga after people advocated the comic so much kind of broke my brain

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

a kitten posted:

Gurren Lagan

:(

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
more like WHYYYY

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
On second thought I guess I was looking more a show where the main two don't even really admit that they're like each other until the end. I barely remember E7 but it didn't seem like that was really what I wanted?

Oreimo I've never watched tho so maybe that works.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

I'd like to think Tanya would just shoot them.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Golden Battler posted:

On second thought I guess I was looking more a show where the main two don't even really admit that they're like each other until the end. I barely remember E7 but it didn't seem like that was really what I wanted?

Oreimo is not what you want

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Golden Battler posted:

Yeah E7 gets overtly romantic way before the end. What do you mean by "admit" though? Like are you looking for something where the romance just comes out of nowhere at the end or where it ends on a love confession or what?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Golden Battler posted:

Legend of Korra :v:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Golden Battler posted:

I posted about Ocean Waves this morning and hell, it definitely fits that :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Droyer posted:

Yeah E7 gets overtly romantic way before the end. What do you mean by "admit" though? Like are you looking for something where the romance just comes out of nowhere at the end or where it ends on a love confession or what?

Something like where it's really loving obvious that the two like each other but it goes no where until basically the last episode.

I feel like this sorta thing is super common but then when I started trying to think of examples I drew a massive blank.

• Locked thread