Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

You're not making sense here. The DS had the GBA hardware inside it. The Wii and WiiU had the Gamecube hardware inside it. The 3DS had the DS hardware inside it. The original 60GB PS3 had the PS2 hardware inside it. That allowed for backwards compatibility.

The Switch can't have WiiU hardware inside it because a) it'd be huge to hold in order to have the WiiU specific hardware and b) it doesn't have optical media, so none of the WiiU physical games would work anyway.

If we're talking software backwards compatibility with older systems, then thats basically eshop and Virtual Console. Many are hoping that this transfers.

why would it have wii u hardware in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hmm what system should the backwards compatibility be from for this handheld cartridge based system

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[knowingly] gbc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

welcome back, chie

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Cicero posted:

I would do...things...for Duck Game on the switch.
https://twitter.com/superjoebob/status/824519678714220544
https://twitter.com/superjoebob/status/828801673912999936
Almost there I assume.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

we are releasing pokemon sun and moon for swithc. each pokemon is now an amiibo and thats how u catch them

swithc thread: thjis pwns... i love this... my rear end is entirely full of this warm love

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

farewell, chie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux was right

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Stux please take the next six hours to get your keyboard fixed, life without a shift or any punctuition keys seems like hell. Good luck.

e:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

*click*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

we are releasing pokemon sun and moon for swithc. each pokemon is now an amiibo and thats how u catch them

swithc thread: thjis pwns... i love this... my rear end is entirely full of this warm love

What a post to go out on.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Stux whyyyyyyyy.

Anyway, Nintendo.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Each amiibo has random IVs so you have to buy hundreds to get competitive stats.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Never did get to play duck game but i've seen it and I want to play it so this sounds awesome

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
When your Pokemon faint you have to take them to a GameStop PokéCenter to revive them. Free with a $10 purchase.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
is bob's game going to be on the switch?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If you look inside the Switch, you'll find it runs on a bunch of taped together amiibo rfid's so stux's post is pretty accurate

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

namco comes out with amiibo katamari ball, where it gains power and size with the more amiibo you dock with it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

BEHOLD MY RFIDS AND DESPAIR

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

bloodychill posted:

If you look inside the Switch, you'll find it runs on a bunch of taped together amiibo rfid's so stux's post is pretty accurate

If the Wii was two GameCubes taped together and the Wii U was four Wii's taped together, than who is driving the car?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Also, I am Setsuna is coming to the Switch day one! Is it actually good?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LionArcher posted:

Also, I am Setsuna is coming to the Switch day one! Is it actually good?

It's competent. I wouldn't call it good or bad, it's just not worth $40.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Please stop probating Stux I feel like he adds a very important minority viewpoint ITT

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I don't have rooftop access in my complex, where am I supposed to play the Switch?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Instant Sunrise posted:

If the Wii was two GameCubes taped together and the Wii U was four Wii's taped together, than who is driving the car?

Stux was driving the car. Now we're careening off a cliff oh no!!

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Satan. Though he typically goes by Mario around these parts. Nintendo's strategy of simply attaching older consoles to make a more powerful one may seem lazy, but it also means that if you want your Switch to be as powerful as other consoles, all you have to do is buy two of them and find some duct tape. Alternatively you can just set your Switch in front of your Wii U and jiggle it around a bit so it seems alive. When your Wii U sees this, it will seize and devour the switch, allowing it to morph into the most powerful console yet! (Do not feed a PS Vita to a Wii U, however. It will get sick and spew runny poo poo for days)

Alternatively, if the Switch isn't powerful enough for you, just paint a red racing stripe on it. You know, so it goes faster. A lightning bolt or flames will also work. For an extra kick you could always use a nitro system, but those only work if you scream "IMMORTAN!" at the top of your lungs every time you engage them, so if you're trying to run a fairly demanding game you could end up losing your voice.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Instant Sunrise posted:

I don't have rooftop access in my complex, where am I supposed to play the Switch?

the toilet, duh

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Fhate posted:

Alternatively, if the Switch isn't powerful enough for you, just paint a red racing stripe on it. You know, so it goes faster. A lightning bolt or flames will also work. For an extra kick you could always use a nitro system, but those only work if you scream "IMMORTAN!" at the top of your lungs every time you engage them, so if you're trying to run a fairly demanding game you could end up losing your voice.

I am awaited...IN HYRULE!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Looking forward to gluing the switch game holders to the back of my nintendo switch

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

is bob's game going to be on the switch?

nintendo please give bob an sdk so he can put bob's game on the switch.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/832323079334301697
Switches are in the wild.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230444291&postcount=607

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The dude who posted that on neogaf is purportedly uploading a phone video of the UI.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm calling joycons, leprechauns, I dont care what the feds say.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jimmy Hats posted:

Please stop probating Stux I feel like he adds a very important minority viewpoint ITT

There's more than enough authentic dyslexic posters here.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I don't see any games pictured, so I'm gonna assume this guy only has the console itself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe he's waiting for an exclusive.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I don't see any games pictured, so I'm gonna assume this guy only has the console itself.

He said he only has the console, yeah. Sounds like a store sold it to him early.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe he's waiting for an exclusive.

Excuse me but what about—no that's on the Wii U.

What about—Wait that was on steam first.

1, 2, Switch maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Poops Mcgoots posted:

And man, what games?

• Locked thread