Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't think you can really go wrong with that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hawke, he was the first to poo poo my idea of killing Bifaux.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
And then immediately suggested murdering someone who was ostensibly the cure.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yeah do that

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I really have feels on MMM but yeah, HAWKE might be the better choice. I'll wait for both to come in.

*My musket is loaded, fiends beware!*

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
wait is yorkie trying to use my suggestion that we shouldn't have shot a non-recruiter but instead have shot people who could have been recruiters (one of them was, actually) to paint me as scum?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

it's 5am go have a coffee yorkie and think it througj

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just woke up g'day

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:murder:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
hmmm....

##execute SLASHER HAWKE

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

hmmm....

##execute SLASHER HAWKE

great job you shot the cure

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

great job you shot the cure

:shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imma do the flip when I wake up.
I am super tired as I got 0 sleep last night. Sorry

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

It's okay I'll do it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:murder: SLASHER HAWKE - Werewolf Cult Recruiter has died D5 at the hands of Anomalous Amalgam :murder:

You are the Werewolf Cult Recruiter
Once per night you may ##BITE NAME to infect someone and change them into a Werewolf

You win when your cult controls a majority percentage over the remaining playerbase.
You lose if The Cure makes it to the Bastion alive, and uninfected.

:murder: Tommunist - Infected (Werewolf) has died D5 due to SLASHER HAWKE being purged :murder:

:siren: ALL MONSTER TEAMS ELIMINATED! TOWN WIN! :siren:

Unfortunately...

:siren: King Burgundy - The Cure never made it to The Last Bastion as he was burtally murdered! :siren:
:siren: HUMANITY IS DOOMED! :siren:

Werewolf Cultdoc - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H6mrxkZYxISuSDB-FL_fhhxD8l2A-cHtQCSmChqv4FQ/edit?usp=sharing
Vampire Cultdoc - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yauOFqj0ioiFG28yPvzqfnviXBfkg34vodt13Ww3T5w/edit?usp=sharing
Zombie Cultdoc - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xxG2sop_5Vyk-0mtbw73-RUEB0Wyv3BVmA_HbPhsUfo/edit?usp=sharing

Moddoc - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oGa4b6OEgCWR10XZhVMyTEq7Q4FYwOdfdvJ8FRJXpgQ/edit#gid=0

So thank you very much all for playing!
Congrats Town, even if you technically lost by killing KB.. We'll mark this down as a win though, because a No Winners scenario isn't very fun for anyone.

First time running this variant, and obviously a few issues

quote:

- Not much for do as Town in the first few days, while the scum teams build up. Bored town = not fun to play :(
- Plan was to give out the executes throughout the day to promote discussion, everybody just wants the vigs immediately. Not sure how to counter other than to give town more abilities than just being 'skittish'
- Everyone just loving shoots everybody immediately during the first few days... need to promote discussion somehow if this is run again
- I am very bad at flavour.
- Just basically gave up doing flavour once I indentified a bunch of issues with the setup, may as well just play it out and address the problems for next time if I run this setup again
- Town can basically push one method of play to win the game, which is to only shoot people on the potential recruiters list.
- Maybe allow the Cultists to be in on the executes to deny this mode of play? But.. then they would just shoot anyone not in their cult and it's unfair on town.
- Maybe no cultdocs next time? That way people can't organise against each other and it's even more 'paranoid' for both sides of the fence?
- I didn't want anti-lurking rules, as lurkers should be viable targets, so perhaps next time 'Increased post count = increased chance at vig'? I want to remain impartial without massaging any results tho.. WOE IS ME
- Once you're off the 'potential recruiters' list you're basically safe if they town player who gets the execute ability is smart. Why waste time on an infected, when you can just cut off the head of the snake?
- Need to find a way that the 'gun' can be pointed at anyone, but not sure how. 'ex-executioners' are 'safe' targets. Shifting recruiter responsibilities?

But yeah def a fun game to spectate from my perspective at the very least.
Bif getting bitten by 2 seperate cult teams in the same night was fun, and a scenario I didn't expect to see happen.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you, plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes.

You're all diamonds...We are Diamond Dogs.

------------------
SLASHER HAWKE

MOAT

BIF

CCKEANE

KB aka THE CURE

and introducing TOMMUNIST

:d::d:DIAMOND DOGS WOLVES:d::d:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
https://youtu.be/TtAe4ULW4AM

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you, plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as ashes.

You're all diamonds...We are Diamond Dogs.

------------------
SLASHER HAWKE

MOAT

BIF

CCKEANE

KB aka THE CURE

and introducing TOMMUNIST

:d::d:DIAMOND DOGS WOLVES:d::d:

:five:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Didn't go with the Diamond Dingoes pun 0/10

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

First time running this variant, and obviously a few issues

WHY IS THERE NOTHING IN THIS BIG LIST ABOUT NOT MAKING THE RECRUITERS LOAD-BEARING :argh:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

WHY IS THERE NOTHING IN THIS BIG LIST ABOUT NOT MAKING THE RECRUITERS LOAD-BEARING :argh:

yeah, what the gently caress.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Read the Hidden Rules :colbert:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
  • discussion isn't going to happen unless something noteworthy happens; giving vigs immediately will promote this
  • if all recruiters and infected are dead, why do we need a cure?
  • the cure being infectable is weird, joining docs is even weirder considering the infection can revert
  • all alignment switching was meaningless
  • seems like infected people need something to do too, really

it's a neat idea and has potential so I hope you come up with improvements. thanks for running and also giving me the ability to shoot tobbs

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Read the Hidden Rules :colbert:

okay but it was kind of silly? allow the cult team to win through mislynching.

i don't think the cure works in its implementation, make the cure a recruiter too. if any cure-aligned players etc.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good boy imgay stays pristine

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey inf, this was interesting, but I don't think there's much value in running it again in a similar state. While I disagree with the idea that discussion can only happen with immediate vigs (I think that idea comes because the players were told there would be vigs so they wanted them right away) I do think there are a number of issues with this set up.

I think you need to figure out what you want to achieve with this set up and what you think is interesting.

Personally (and I know this is a massive leap) I would consider taking out some of the mafia aspects, and make this game more about the three cults competing to win the game. or something like that. I think based on your OP, you were looking to go more in the paranoia direction and that might help

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Make the days two IRL days long, give the vigs out at the start of the day but make it so they can't be used til the day is 24 hours in.

also yay town I guess?

Could KB be cured as a werewolf?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
also I had fun!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
now that this game is over, all the new people (and also bads not signed up yet) should go sign up for these mafia games with normal voting and other stuff to do!

not looking up the numbers needed vOv

[Mafia] Final Fantasy 4 Mafia
Mega Man Mafia 2 (M32) - The Siege Of Chateau Light
Gashapon Mafia
AUSPOLFORMERS: THE MOVIE: THE GAME - SECOND STRIKE

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I can't believe I was never recruited, lynched or given a vig throughout the whole game and still won as town

E: I agree with poque days were extremely short given the many nationalities of the participants

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I feel like Mr. Magoo.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Poque posted:

Make the days two IRL days long, give the vigs out at the start of the day but make it so they can't be used til the day is 24 hours in.

this here is a good idea

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also I can't believe I was never recruited, lynched or given a vig throughout the whole game and still won as town

a true hero!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

there is no reason to put a wait period on using the vigs as there is no valuable discussion that could possibly occur.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Same. I feel like this was a true victory.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Shooting people was fun

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Lampsacus posted:

I feel like Mr. Magoo.

This is a funny post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

my critique in wolfdoc posted:

the math is: an effective scum rate of only 10% who got no nightkill really except maybe against each other

with daily confirmed towns increasing all the time

but there's intrigue and interrogations!

...for people to sell out one team and then immediately die

I'd save the brainpower and just shitpost down with the ship :v:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
More vigs

All vigs

all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010