Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

But.. your logically the correct lynch for today, and I have yet to see you claim.

Jfc Infinitum I know it wasnt spelled out but here ya go

Moatillata posted:

Allow me to fullclaim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

Also just FYI awful app wont open the link you embedded properly so I'm not sure what you're referencing

My post where I said that town Tobbs throws his vote around a lot, whereas in this game (and in the last scum game he played) he was very conservative when it came to actually placing votes.

You said, at least to my understanding, that you think this is because Tobbs "is trying really hard to change his meta". Why do you think this?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

My post where I said that town Tobbs throws his vote around a lot, whereas in this game (and in the last scum game he played) he was very conservative when it came to actually placing votes.

You said, at least to my understanding, that you think this is because Tobbs "is trying really hard to change his meta". Why do you think this?

I'm p sure he mentioned it in one of the many games I've played with him, I don't have a direct link atm and I guess he could confirm or deny it as well.

The whole reason I am engaging you about this topic is because I feel really solid about my tobbs alignment calls and my alarms haven't been fully tripped yet

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

I'm p sure he mentioned it in one of the many games I've played with him, I don't have a direct link atm and I guess he could confirm or deny it as well.

The whole reason I am engaging you about this topic is because I feel really solid about my tobbs alignment calls and my alarms haven't been fully tripped yet

OK, ignoring Tobbs for a second, why do you think stickup is scum? You seemed to take his "kill me or Moat today thanks" post way more seriously than was warranted.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Basically stickups entire game has been jumping around demanding murder and telling everyone to kill me. I really expect more from him and I really thought maybe he would be better at calling my own alignment. Diq put it p well

Diqnol posted:

This is still a weird post to me. Content was starting to form and this comes out of nowhere. Why the sudden thunderdomey stance based on nothing visible?

Stickup is willing to tell us that the discourse hasn't been great but instead of trying to create any himself he merely comments on the side that x and y might be worth reading before he...

...throws a vote on SoS and disappears. Doesn't explain his feelings about SoS but is willing to throw the vote down and then take his ball and go home.

Here I see more naked opportunism mixed with a lack of interest in participating in active scum hunting. I think he's our best vote for today.

##vote this is a stickup

I would be willing to back off sticky if he has some better posting and involvement but as of right now I feel p good about it

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
not actively ignoring this game but I decided not to :effort: my way through by repeating my flavor again and again

catching up this afternoon when I am free

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Basically stickups entire game has been jumping around demanding murder and telling everyone to kill me. I really expect more from him and I really thought maybe he would be better at calling my own alignment. Diq put it p well

I would be willing to back off sticky if he has some better posting and involvement but as of right now I feel p good about it

I am very disappointed in you, greg

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

Man this game is open at just the worst times. I finally have some time to catch up on this today.

Tonight is the deadline d2 and you haven't made a game-related post yet - how's this coming along?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Probably sarcasm directed at Moat, but your reaction to his joking pressure is outlandish.

Did you just claim that scum know you're town or 3P, are you implying you're 3P? Seems like a cop out.

Same general question, anything to contribute to the game now that we're in D2?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

I am very disappointed in you, greg

Prove me wrong... Tiffany? Amber? ...gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am going to sleep, but then I will be awake to ensure Moat dies.

Good call out on Asiina not posting.
Def non-Asiina like.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm already dead on the inside

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr
- No Town kill last night
- Tomm claims he jailed Moat
- I claim I was blocked last night.
- Ergo Moat is the likeliest scum target because 2 'blocking' style abilities have been used

:murder::siren::murder: Vote Moat :murder::siren::murder:

Tomm = A
Moat = B
Inf = C
??? = D

A blocks B.
C is blocked by D.

A claims jailer.

C and D have nothing to do with A and B, also how do you know you were blocked? you got a PM that said explicitly that you were blocked.

Also poo poo votes from Pig and Stickup on Moat.

LMAO is not a reason.

##vote Infinitum he's up to fishy poo poo and it's plain to see.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I get there's no counter claim to his claim of doctor, but it seems little too opportune in my honest opinion. I don't believe his claim to be sincere.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Wait, still most importantly. Inf somehow knows he was blocked. How do you know this?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Wait, still most importantly. Inf somehow knows he was blocked. How do you know this?

He would most likely get a PM saying his action failed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

He would most likely get a PM saying his action failed.

Doesn't mean he was blocked with certainty though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Doesn't mean he was blocked with certainty though.

Could be an ascetic trait, could be a hider, or a commuter, several things could result in his action failing so assuming as fact that there is a roleblocker is a bit scummy, because he doesn't sell it as oh, there might be. He goes, I was blocked. Definitive.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Who was your target INF?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Tonight is the deadline d2 and you haven't made a game-related post yet - how's this coming along?

I haven't read a single game related post in this game.

I just can't get into it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And I probably should, I'm a good role.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Could be an ascetic trait, could be a hider, or a commuter, several things could result in his action failing so assuming as fact that there is a roleblocker is a bit scummy, because he doesn't sell it as oh, there might be. He goes, I was blocked. Definitive.

He said that after Tomm had claimed Jailer, though. I wouldn't assume two Jailers for sure and I would assume RB before Hider or Commuter - particularly in a game where the flavour is we're on a spaceship, there's nowhere to commute to.

No: it still bothers me more that he suggested Tomm was an RB then claimed to have been RBed himself. Barring major shenanigans he had to know that couldn't be true.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Agreed. Asiina saying she's going to come in and post because she has time, only to completely check out looks bad.

At this point it's not just that her meta is to not post, but also that she's trying to give the impression that she's around "I'll post later guys!" without follow-up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I haven't read a single game related post in this game.

I just can't get into it.

Asiina posted:

And I probably should, I'm a good role.

:psyduck: what even is this?

"Agree, can't get into this thread, read it, or post in it constructively. But don't lynch me I'm a power role."

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jedit posted:

No: it still bothers me more that he suggested Tomm was an RB then claimed to have been RBed himself. Barring major shenanigans he had to know that couldn't be true.

this still bothers me a lot. the whole thing is weird and doesn't seem genuine

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Prove me wrong... Tiffany? Amber? ...gently caress

I am triple disappointed in you, greg

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this still bothers me a lot. the whole thing is weird and doesn't seem genuine

I think it's important to share the (minority?) opinion that in a game that very likely contains a serial killer in addition to a scum team, maybe we shouldn't lynch the uncounterclaimed doctor?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I am triple disappointed in you, greg

Okay got it, Penelope

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think it's important to share the (minority?) opinion that in a game that very likely contains a serial killer in addition to a scum team, maybe we shouldn't lynch the uncounterclaimed doctor?

I'm not really falling over myself to lynch tomm or infinitum rn but I think they need to immediately claim their actions (as in shine 3 with INF)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm gonna reread my interactions from last night with a clear head

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Diqnol posted:

This is still a weird post to me. Content was starting to form and this comes out of nowhere. Why the sudden thunderdomey stance based on nothing visible?

Stickup is willing to tell us that the discourse hasn't been great but instead of trying to create any himself he merely comments on the side that x and y might be worth reading before he...

full disclosure I was bored and feeling disconnected from the game. the only thing I really felt was moat was being weird.

quote:

...throws a vote on SoS and disappears. Doesn't explain his feelings about SoS but is willing to throw the vote down and then take his ball and go home.

this is real dumb, just like saying people being around at deadline is pro town. please remember to take town points away from jedit because he is in europe and will not be around for deadlines. actually just vote for him because europeans are scum

actually next time I'll just not throw down a vote before heading out the door. that way you'll be able to attack me for not voting anyone!

quote:

Here I see more naked opportunism mixed with a lack of interest in participating in active scum hunting. I think he's our best vote for today.

I'm just playing the role I was given

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

do you see me voting for inf or pushing for his lynch? I've stated unambiguously that I believed his claim of doctor

maybe we should lynch you instead because mmt is probably right

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

OK, ignoring Tobbs for a second, why do you think stickup is scum? You seemed to take his "kill me or Moat today thanks" post way more seriously than was warranted.

this is true, but it's actually one of the things making me doubt my vote on moat, along with his general relative seriousness at this point in the game

I'm a little surprised he's not dicking around more, but he also does that as scum, so it's a null tell. going after me for not taking things seriously when that's his usual MO is interesting

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tomm = A
Moat = B
Inf = C
??? = D

A blocks B.
C is blocked by D.

A claims jailer.

C and D have nothing to do with A and B, also how do you know you were blocked? you got a PM that said explicitly that you were blocked.

Also poo poo votes from Pig and Stickup on Moat.

LMAO is not a reason.

##vote Infinitum he's up to fishy poo poo and it's plain to see.

lmao is a great reason

A blocks B, claims jailer, no town member dies. also a good reason.

I really don't like this post

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
in the past, I have received very specific confirmation and flavor telling me that I was roleblocked so it's not entirely impossible (though unlikely) that inf received something other than action failed

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I wanted to vote him out yesterday because his posting feels off and his reaction to my vote on him in particular hasn't helped. I agree with tomm and not just about the jailing.

I've already claimed so if you think that I'm a better choice than moat, who gets flustered after being caught by night actions when scum and retreats to the scumdoc, and am our best chance at nailing scum right now, you can throw a vote down on me

I just reread the opening of day 2 and I think your characterization of my reaction is pretty disingenuous. I'm not a fan of it at all Jessie

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Moatillata posted:

I'm not really falling over myself to lynch tomm or infinitum rn but I think they need to immediately claim their actions (as in shine 3 with INF)

Tomm already claimed, you dipshit, he jailed you.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
!!! VIVIAN!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Jedit posted:

Tomm already claimed, you dipshit, he jailed you.

Sorry it wasn't spelled out. I meant each day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

I just reread the opening of day 2 and I think your characterization of my reaction is pretty disingenuous. I'm not a fan of it at all Jessie

bullshit. normally you'd give me a ridiculous gif or some other quip, not tell me it was weak.

Moatillata posted:

!!! VIVIAN!

you bring shame upon us all and I hope you get jettisoned into space

• Locked thread