Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Well, me and my big loving mouth. Trump's America indeed.

Here's an updated thread on Reddit with the video reposted.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ul9eg/because_the_op_deleted_it_new_gacha_system_free/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any chance we can stash the 11 pull for Orlandu?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Grabbed a screen cap:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 17, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well I can retire happy with 4/5 Rainbow pulls being base 5*s. Especially since my first rainbow pull was Gilbert the week the game came out and I didn't know any better than to be disappointed.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Dropped 10 tickets, didn't get a single banner unit but I did manage to snag a Mercedes who I didn't have before and another buttman to add to the pile of buttmans I currently have. So without tms, who's the better option for damage between Firion Mercedes and cheese? I did grab the gigas axe last event so I do have a somewhat decent weapon for Mercedes, and I'm probably not too far off from getting a doublehand tm.

My cheese is already maxed but I wasn't sure who to work on first and dump a bunch of power pots on between the 3. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

quote:

Bonus to friend stats based on usage

I've been thinking it would be cool and good if you got a chance at TM increases if your friend unit got used but I'd also be OK with actual stat pot like boosts. Is that what this is in JP?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
So who is Leon's TM best for? I pulled him this morning but I don't think I have anyone that can really utilize it, at least not yet.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

hamsystem posted:

So who is Leon's TM best for? I pulled him this morning but I don't think I have anyone that can really utilize it, at least not yet.

Bartz could make good use of it. Already gets a bonus from swords and can equip heavy armor.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Slogged through ELT, once I got through the bombs on the boss, winning was boring and inevitable with a DC Refia. Used a couple of remedies and Buttz only had to suicide twice. Wish there was some balance between making it hard and making it last forever. I guess it's only a couple of times a month that there are fights that really drag on. At least Arena is still quick this round. Dual cast is still allowed and status effect skills are out, so most everything is a one round win.

e:Couldn't stand having all those Gigantaurs sitting around so stuffed them into Cupid Art. Artemios was my only decent physical attack unit for months so I have a soft spot for him. Would be decent if I fed him some pots maybe, well not really...

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 17, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Greg would love Leons TM, especially so since his BiS weapons right now are already Moonblade/Sakura

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
No Greg. Maybe by the time I work through the TMs I want to finish first I'll get lucky.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So I burned all my lapis trying to get Dirty Randy. I crushed a few levels today so I can do a half price pull. My Thundaga Blade grind is now up to 65%.

Gacha is the devil.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
TM#2 is finally done, I have the Genji Glove. Now with two options for dual-wielding, should I use my TM Moogles to focus on a first Dualcast? Or keep cranking out Dual-Wields?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

TM#2 is finally done, I have the Genji Glove. Now with two options for dual-wielding, should I use my TM Moogles to focus on a first Dualcast? Or keep cranking out Dual-Wields?

If you have a Refia, dualcast. With that and a Cecil tank it's basically cheat mode as long as she isn't one shotted.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You're right, in the FF2 event I struggled a bit being forced to heal with Cecil and thus dropping Provoke or not defending and getting low on HP. That'll be a huge help.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Everyone scrambling to get DC for Refia should consider that we may be getting Y'shtola as early as March.
She gets DC built in along with most of Refia's kit and is :siren: free :siren:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Come on gumi, give me WoL and Tilith 6* so I at least have a bonkers healer/tank in my team comp

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

m.hache posted:

Any chance we can stash the 11 pull for Orlandu?

Doubt it. It will likely be like the free summons where you get a banner that specifically grants it during the event.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
ELT done. Figuring how white magic was used during the fight, not done. Eight tries to get RNG behaving in the face of Provoke.

Noct who is too important to not have pulled, ExDeath for the summons I swear I previously saw resummoned, Cecil for being Cecil, Luka for totally not using white magic, CoD who mainly was there for man-eater, and a 700+ MAG Darth Fina. Gotta be on your toes. Gilgamesh next ok.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 18, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Player's Choice poll up on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/peoples-choice-vote-for-your-favorite-units/753990794762803

None of my votes mattered because Noctis will win 5* and Chizuru will win 4* most likely. I already have both so I voted for Luneth and Luka.

I voted Miyuki for 3* because I have yet to pull one and could really use her TMR.

Vote Zidane for 3* you goddamn monsters. :mad:

HGH posted:

Not trolling, the FFBE guys released a video then pulled it.
https://imgur.com/7VxqlDZ
New global unit showcased.
We also get a new UI, a free 11 pull, the FF14 raid in March along with Type-0 part 2.

Praise the Emperor for bringing us such good tidings! Now if only I could pull him...

A +120 atk lightning element gun is huge for anyone who actually managed to pull Lightning as well since it'll let you make use of her skill's -lightning resist effect. Assuming this guy isn't better to use it with.

turnways posted:

I watched the video before it got taken down; it's definitely official. Also Odin's coming on the 23rd, FFXIV raid in March, some QoL improvements to the UI (crafting tabs, can see amount of summon tickets on summon screen).

Orlandu in April then, maybe?

...They're going to add Orlandu and then have the goddamn Veritas or OK banner right after it at this rate.

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's hard, but not impossible. At least one person did a proof of concept beating it with no 5 star bases and only one TM (dualcast on Refia), and it's probably doable without even that, just difficult.

And those of us without Refia are pretty much hosed. Again. At least we'll get our welfare Y'shtola next month. :confuoot:

Captaindirtnap posted:

Be realistic. How lovely would it look for them to do it directly AFTER the Orlandu banner? Even Gumi doesn't want that PR.

You're new to Gumi, I see.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Vote Zidane for 3* you goddamn monsters. :mad:

A +120 atk lightning element gun is huge for anyone who actually managed to pull Lightning as well since it'll let you make use of her skill's -lightning resist effect. Assuming this guy isn't better to use it with.

I have 4 Zidanes and two Lightnings.

I want a Ludmille.

The form lets you vote for more than one character in a slot, I'm pretty sure.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Fluffy posted:

You're new to Gumi, I see.

Some part of me thinks this announcement is in response to some of the immediate outcry that happened after the earlier one, especially given how they mentioned we just didn't have as big a 5* pool. Nintendo just released FE Heroes, there's like two other Final Fantasy mobile games going strong. Saying something that would make your whole player base super mad at you sounds like a good way to just have a sudden drop in users and money.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Got the HP+15% on my second try,

Cecil / Noctis/ Ace / Exdeath / Ling / friend Tilith

I wish I had another Exdeath instead of Ace, it would've gone way faster, but oh well. Ling/Tilith were the MVPs, Ling refills so much mp and Tilith a really good skill healer.

TMs were dual cast on Ace, and Omnirod on Exdeath.

aherdofpenguins fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 18, 2017

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welp game crashed during ELT Captain and now it won't load. Dandy.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

m.hache posted:

Welp game crashed during ELT Captain and now it won't load. Dandy.

Someone on Reddit had that problem and had to Restore the app, but that fixed it supposedly.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dana Crysalis posted:

Someone on Reddit had that problem and had to Restore the app, but that fixed it supposedly.

Well isn't that swell.

Guess we'll get some sort of compensation for this. That's always the silver lining

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally got a Lightning over 700 ATK. Have a black cowl and Chiri cooking that will get her to 750+. No Brave Suit and 2 materia slots that are meh, but I'll take it.

Are we getting a shot at another decent mage anytime soon? Sitting on some mage pots and wondering if I should just dump them into ExD #3. Already have a D. Fina and 2 Ex's at the pot max.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Finally got a Lightning over 700 ATK. Have a black cowl and Chiri cooking that will get her to 750+. No Brave Suit and 2 materia slots that are meh, but I'll take it.

Are we getting a shot at another decent mage anytime soon? Sitting on some mage pots and wondering if I should just dump them into ExD #3. Already have a D. Fina and 2 Ex's at the pot max.

Emperor is on the banner... I don't think there's gonna be anything comparable to Exdeath at 3 or 4 star on Global anytime soon.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Got a 790 attack (808 as soon as sakurafubuki is done) Firion and three friend slots I need filled. 935 075 853

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
cleared some slots as well add me for fun times 446,079,826

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is china part of FFBE global because they passed a law thats going to force game developers/publishers that use loot boxes and gachas to reveal the drop rates for their items/units.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Niiiice.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is china part of FFBE global because they passed a law thats going to force game developers/publishers that use loot boxes and gachas to reveal the drop rates for their items/units.

i have no lapis and i must pull

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

Some part of me thinks this announcement is in response to some of the immediate outcry that happened after the earlier one, especially given how they mentioned we just didn't have as big a 5* pool. Nintendo just released FE Heroes, there's like two other Final Fantasy mobile games going strong. Saying something that would make your whole player base super mad at you sounds like a good way to just have a sudden drop in users and money.

FE Heroes has no relevant to FFBE beyond "it's a mobile game to spend money on" and it'd be like saying since PAD exists that FFBE could lose players for doing a dumb thing. Even FFRK is a significantly different game from FFBE. They're both FF-themed but that's it. Even their battle systems are significantly different (simple ATB vs more in depth turn-based).

Giving Gumi the benefit of the doubt is unwise. I'd love to be proven by them on this though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Fluffy posted:

FE Heroes has no relevant to FFBE beyond "it's a mobile game to spend money on"
That's kind of the point though. If a new game comes out and you do nothing but annoy your user base, chances are they're going to go play with their new toys instead. Especially when FE: Heroes is offering a similar sort of nostalgia appeal without getting bogged down by a hundred original characters.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Should I drop everything I'm doing and get Marie to max? She seems niche as hell

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
She's likely quite useful when the Gilgamesh Trial comes around, given his suite of elemental attacks, particularly if you're sealing most of them and can provide 70% against the one you're not locking out and letting him hit you with. She also has a double strength Imperil.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

m.hache posted:

Well isn't that swell.

Guess we'll get some sort of compensation for this. That's always the silver lining

Probably for exploit prevention. I force closed the app due to a mis-tap and I ran into the same thing. Most other fights allow you to force close to redo a turn but Gumi's been catching on recently and I think the Dark Fina fight had something similar.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 19, 2017

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
the exploit seems to work if you force close and switch devices. you clear the stage and get all the rewards (sometimes) or you get one of the rewards randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For some reason I had a good feeling I'd get Emperor on the banner. Do the 1/2 pull, gold turns to rainbow...

A 3rd Lightning? What the hell?

• Locked thread