Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Only when I'm town.

uhhhh is this a scummdmission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

holy poo poo mithross AND pander are in this game? i am glad i signed up!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Wait this was a joke oh nooooooo :negative:

lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

in completely non role-related news, I have a crystal room in my Stardew Valley shed:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Kash, if you are skipping jokephase, and are trying to be more serious. I'm going to need more from you then sirens and frowny faces when describing what you like/don't like about a post. At least if you are really trying to change what you are known for in mafia.

If skipping joke phase is just a joke though, carry on!

do you have a post restrction to post like dick bastardly

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

UM...

WELL...

*YANKS COLLAR*

ASURA, THEY'RE ONTO US! RUN FOR THE HILLS! CHILDREN AND SEA SERPENTS FIRST!

rarity is ultros, will remember this for later

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I like to make posts like that to see what shakes out. I think you're getting surprisingly serious feeling like you need to argue with me already. Scum worries?

this looks like insufferable town kashuno

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I see nothing wrong with Kashunos posting. He's said he wants to break the idea that he is a shitposter and so he's making content. It's forced as hell because I don't even know if the game has officially begun yet, but it's fine.

I've played a lot of games with Asiina lately and something about this sentence seems far more "constructed" than her usual off the cuff fast takes she's been giving with her town streak lately.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i got distracted by buzzfeed catmeme list drawings, i'm back at it now

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidthulhu posted:

holy poo poo mithross AND pander are in this game? i am glad i signed up!

CPig's final fantasy games have pulled me from my mafia sabbatical, I've been waiting for you to show up. I've had to make do with KB and Kash so far...

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

bahaha Dick is in this game sorry about the PR thing man~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Everything around me is flooded.

All of northern California.

Kill all water monsters.

Leviathan and Cagnazzo are the same, with tidal waves and tsunamis...

aaaa stay safe!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Pander posted:

That's actually a native ability for Cid.

Not sure your alignment chat is scummy but it seems like a potential giveaway of info, like masonry. Where did you expect that questioning to go?

OK, I read everything and this makes no sense, what are you even saying here Pander?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pander posted:

That's actually a native ability for Cid.

Not sure your alignment chat is scummy but it seems like a potential giveaway of info, like masonry. Where did you expect that questioning to go?

I was more thinking out loud (and pointing out that it seems to me like Rarity is claiming 3P) than trying to go anywhere specific with it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I was more thinking out loud (and pointing out that it seems to me like Rarity is claiming 3P) than trying to go anywhere specific with it.

MMT hunting 3P D1 and being hedgy.

Ho boy ##vote MMT

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I would vote MMT my DAY ACTION revealed that she likes bad sports teams.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hot take: peramene hasn't written us a novel yet

She finally rolled scum, yay for peramene!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

MMT hunting 3P D1 and being hedgy.

Ho boy ##vote MMT

Yay Tobbs is town! :glomp:

I wasn't "3P hunting" so much as pointing out something that I wasn't sure that people who weren't familiar with the game would know.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Yay Tobbs is town! :glomp:

I wasn't "3P hunting" so much as pointing out something that I wasn't sure that people who weren't familiar with the game would know.

By not familiar with the game, do you mean players who only received town info in their role PM's?

Otherwise agree wholeheartedly that I am town ;)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidthulhu posted:

uhhhh is this a scummdmission?

Take another look

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

rarity is ultros, will remember this for later

post/av combo

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

By not familiar with the game, do you mean players who only received town info in their role PM's?

do you understand what final fantasy is?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm so glad you all are posting, I was worried it was gonna be just me and Inf in here during Aussie daylight hours

speaking of that, why isn't Inf shitposting

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

In a game where Pig said there are three alignments, I thought it was worth pointing out that Rarity was claiming to be a character who would fit into the profile of a third alignment.

You can call that 3P hunting if you want, it was literally just me saying something that I noticed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

do you understand what final fantasy is?

I understand that it is a video game.

The only one I ever finished was 7. Almost got through 10 but I'm really bad at water soccer or whatever.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

In a game where Pig said there are three alignments, I thought it was worth pointing out that Rarity was claiming to be a character who would fit into the profile of a third alignment.

You can call that 3P hunting if you want, it was literally just me saying something that I noticed.

You played FF2, right? He said the same thing, and AR was the only 3P (he was a shopkeeper).

Also this is a big game, I wouldn't automatically assume that a player was 3P (not to mention that in FF3 scum got important characters as fakeclaims).

Why the focus on flavor?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

water soccer isnt necessary to beat the game

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hot take: peramene hasn't written us a novel yet

She finally rolled scum, yay for peramene!

I think she said she was gonna be gone tonight but otherwise I'd agree with you.

Fake edit: Found it:

peramene posted:

I also enjoy the odd synchronicity our avatars have. . . it's. . . almost hypnotic.

BTW - regardless of what my role PM is, I won't be around tonight and will probably just skip the entirety of joke phase (I just don't enjoy it); in the spirit of fairness I will neither post nor read my role PM until the conclusion of joke phase. I will also try to keep my posts short. But... y'know. Sometimes a bitch has things to say, y'know?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You played FF2, right? He said the same thing, and AR was the only 3P (he was a shopkeeper).

Nope! I missed out on FF1/2 and was taken out on the first day in FF3.

quote:

Also this is a big game, I wouldn't automatically assume that a player was 3P (not to mention that in FF3 scum got important characters as fakeclaims).

I'm not assuming anything, just pointing out what I see / what I think as a result. It's the beginning of D1 so it's entirely possible I'm mistaken.

quote:

Why the focus on flavor?

FF4 is one of my all-time favorite video games. This is a rare Mafia game where I'm actually reasonably familiar with the flavor :eng101:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Should I get & play the FF4 remake on Steam yes/no tell me please

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I love this timing

There was a lull in T/D and I was just confirming - I am indeed skipping jokephase because I don't get it but I'm really excited because once again my favorite people are here and hopefully we all don't loving die this time.

I'll probably be gone a lot of tomorrow too just 'cuz d1 is pointless

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i'm here now after a long and tiring day

who scum

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh also if anybody loved 3mg per day xanax!pera just you loving wait 'cuz they upped my dose

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

peramene posted:

oh also if anybody loved 3mg per day xanax!pera just you loving wait 'cuz they upped my dose

cool

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

peramene posted:

:dare:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

i'm here now after a long and tiring day

who scum

u

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

u who?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004