Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Thinking of half life 2, anyone ever play a mod called minerva back in the day? that had the best level design I've ever seen for the era

yeah it was epic. the guy focussed on making areas looking real then worried about gameplay later lol. it still looks great considering the first ep came out in 2005 http://store.steampowered.com/app/235780/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a part in this game where you have a 5 minute walk and talk with a robot who slowly drones on about the story and then he says "go through this elevator and shoot some stuff until you get a rune" it's like no poo poo man I've been doing that for the last 6 hours.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
remember when games just let you kill things and collect runes in peace

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Thinking of half life 2, anyone ever play a mod called minerva back in the day? that had the best level design I've ever seen for the era

Didn't the dude who made it get hired by valve to work on half life 3? lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

remember when games just let you kill things and collect runes in peace

Yeah. At least the BFG in this pretty epic.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

There's a part in this game where you have a 5 minute walk and talk with a robot who slowly drones on about the story and then he says "go through this elevator and shoot some stuff until you get a rune" it's like no poo poo man I've been doing that for the last 6 hours.

The robot office part and not being able to pull his brains out of his head is the worst part of the game by far. Cool boss fight shortly after, though

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Didn't the dude who made it get hired by valve to work on half life 3? lol

yeah, now he's part of the vr team ._.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/02/10/lights-out-for-steam-greenlight-as-valve-introduces-steam-direct/

I get the impression this is going to be used for money laundering basically immediately

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should go one step further and remove 99% of the library released on Steam in the last 3 years.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/02/10/lights-out-for-steam-greenlight-as-valve-introduces-steam-direct/

I get the impression this is going to be used for money laundering basically immediately

thank loving god

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

chrst finally

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Had some money saved up so I decided to upgrade my PC. I was planning on just replacing the worn out CPU and motherboard but the rest of the hardware was so old I ended up buying an entirely new computer to put in the old one's case. The only original parts left will be the video card and DVD drive.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wanna play the Motorhead expansion of Victor Vran

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

Plutonis posted:

I wanna play the Motorhead expansion of Victor Vran

Holy poo poo that is actually a thing. Go figure.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Holy. Mother making GBS threads. Tit Balls. Okay guys, so, apparently the Motorhead expansion of Victor Vran is officially A Thing now. :stare: What the actual gently caress...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it out yet Ive been waiting for it for months. They announced it like right after release and its the only reason I still have the game installed.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

They should go one step further and remove 99% of the library released on Steam in the last 3 years.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

In Training posted:

Is it out yet Ive been waiting for it for months. They announced it like right after release and its the only reason I still have the game installed.

Not much activity on that front. Last thing I read is the devs had it slated for a '16 release and here we are.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YOSPOS bitch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

This just reaffirms my MO of never loving with nVidia fanboys. One minute your talking clock speeds and the next? Well..

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

doughvakiin posted:

This just reaffirms my MO of never loving with nVidia fanboys. One minute your talking clock speeds and the next? Well..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

doughvakiin posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

doughvakiin posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nice post. I hope to read it 15 more times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Nice head, I think I'll take it.