Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

injustice 2 reportedly plays exactly like the first game but with ggpo and loot so if you didnt like that game pass i guess.

i'll probably get it when its 20 dollars or whatever next year. i don't really give a drat about too many dc characters though

GEMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Elephunk posted:

Is there a NC FGC? Serious question moving there soon.

Charlotte and Greensboro have FGC groups that get good turn outs at weeklies and monthlies. There's an FGC group in Raleigh/Durham as well but they're a bit more reclusive at the moment. We tend to have folks come down from Virginia and up from SC/Georgia too. Most of these groups organize on Facebook primarily.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Charlotte and Greensboro have FGC groups that get good turn outs at weeklies and monthlies. There's an FGC group in Raleigh/Durham as well but they're a bit more reclusive at the moment. We tend to have folks come down from Virginia and up from SC/Georgia too. Most of these groups organize on Facebook primarily.

Thanks!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
<squidge> ill time you out with a knuckle sandwich

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played Guilty Gear Petit today and I don't mean to rock anybody's world but handheld fighting games are such a bad bad idea.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In Training posted:

I played Guilty Gear Petit today and I don't mean to rock anybody's world but handheld fighting games are such a bad bad idea.

Gal's Fighter and SNK vs Capcom are great, no one knows how to make a good handheld fighter besides SNK apparently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

Gal's Fighter and SNK vs Capcom are great, no one knows how to make a good handheld fighter besides SNK apparently

What consoles are they for? I'll check em out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also played Tekken Card Challenge and it was a way better game than Petit. But also some completely different thing with a world map and leveling up hwoarang in random battles and such

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
try GGX for the GBA, its really funky

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In Training posted:

What consoles are they for? I'll check em out.

Neo-Geo Pocket Color

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the bleach fgs for ds while not great were pretty decent, same with that one shounen jump game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

umvc3 for vita was cool

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

We used to play Match of the Millennium running NGPC cables under our desks in highschool Japanese class. That was such a wonderful little handheld with probably the best analog stick out of any portable to date.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

anime was right posted:

the bleach fgs for ds while not great were pretty decent, same with that one shounen jump game.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Reiley posted:

We used to play Match of the Millennium running NGPC cables under our desks in highschool Japanese class. That was such a wonderful little handheld with probably the best analog stick out of any portable to date.

I have a NGPC. It does have a pretty good stick. How good? Geese's raging storm pretzel motion is easily doable.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Just wait until Ultra Street Fighter II arrives on the Switch and propels portable fighting games into the public consciousness

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
turd gamer: oh man i loved street fighter when i was a kid *opens wallet*

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
jump in hk, ducking hk

uuuuuuuggggh stop blooocking

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Scarecrow is in Injustice 2 and he looks like a meth addict with a bag on his head

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Scarecrow is in Injustice 2 and he looks like a meth addict with a bag on his head

he looks like he was designed by a newgrounds user from 2004

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Endorph posted:

he looks like he was designed by a newgrounds user from 2004

All of injustice looks like it was designed by a newsgrounds user from 2004

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ultra sf2 has no arcade mode

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Zand posted:

try GGX for the GBA, its really funky

this game is genuinely good for what it is. it's a very faithful port of the original game and doesn't really have the weird slowdown or other jank that plagues other handheld demakes of fighters.

they just had to make it look and sound like total loving trash to get there, no big deal though.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 18, 2017

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Just wait until Ultra Street Fighter II arrives on the Switch and propels portable fighting games into the public consciousness
Didn't the 3DS port of vanilla SF4 sell really, really well?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Didn't the 3DS port of vanilla SF4 sell really, really well?

It was like one of the only games for the system for half a year.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

darealkooky posted:

this game is genuinely good for what it is. it's a very faithful port of the original game and doesn't really have the weird slowdown or other jank that plagues other handheld demakes of fighters.

they just had to make it look and sound like total loving trash to get there, no big deal though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnOR0fet7Zs

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mycot posted:

It was like one of the only games for the system for half a year.
I found sales numbers as of December 2016:

Vanilla SF4: 3.4 million
SSF4: 1.9 million
SFXT: 1.8 million
SFV: 1.5 million
SF4 3DS: 1.2 million
SSF4AE: 1.1 million
USF4: 1 million

Apparently SF4 3DS sold 100,000 copies between June and September 2014, which is kind of bizarre considering it was several years old and way outdated by that point.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
KoF EX2 was good and they actually made entirely new characters for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dxzZ8Rhy-o

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Kins posted:

I found sales numbers as of December 2016:

Vanilla SF4: 3.4 million
SSF4: 1.9 million
SF4 3DS: 1.2 million
SSF4AE: 1.1 million
USF4: 1 million

Apparently SF4 3DS sold 100,000 copies between June and September 2014, which is kind of bizarre considering it was several years old and way outdated by that point.

SFIV 3DS sold as many copies in four months over 3 years after it debuted as SFV did during the last nine months of its launch year. That's how irrelevant SFV is to the mainstream gaming community.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 18, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why Capcom never bothered with USF4 3DS is beyond me.

anime was right posted:

The Guardian Heroes port for XBLA has a modern mode that makes it play kinda like the Bleach DS games, plus an expanded versus mode with Smash levels of granular customisation, it's cool but weird because it's still Guardian Heroes.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

The Kins posted:

lol this is wonderful

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
KOF's getting some poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COlMFMCfWbA

There looks to be 4 silhouetted characters: Yamazaki and...?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Whip, yamazaki and vanessa

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It would be amazing if they're loving us and the silhouettes are Miu, Jun and Reiji like when they kept saying a character known for counters from KoF '96 would be returning in '99 making people excited for Geese Howard except it ended up being Kasumi Todoh. I know they're not and it's clearly Yamazaki, Vanessa and Whip and that's gonna be awesome but still. :P

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ultra sf2 has no arcade mode

I refuse to believe this.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

trust in capcom. doing things like this is their specialty

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Zand posted:

trust in capcom. doing things like this is their specialty

I don't care. The game could ship, and there would be no option in the menu, and I would still refuse to live in a world where there's a loving street fighter 2 game without an arcade mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

It would be completely insane

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

KOF's getting some poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COlMFMCfWbA

There looks to be 4 silhouetted characters: Yamazaki and...?

Yamazaki and probably Blue Mary. The person standing tall looks like they're wearing a jacket with a furred collar like one of Mary's previous attires:

Zebia fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Captain Baal posted:

quote:

Every circus has its share of ghost stories; the lion handler who didn't train his cats enough, or the clown who never came out of his little car. The coming of the clay meteor brought one of these haunts back from the ethereal plane and gave him substance. This circus ghost, Ickybod Clay, has come to rule the circus for those who are halfway between our world and the next.

While existing in our world, Ickybod Clay is able to tap the ethereal plane for power.