Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

peramene posted:

:words:
Let me share some initial thoughts from my morning skim that I said I wasn't gonna do but then did.
:words:

peramene, you need to find yourself some pera-graphs :glomp:

While it's too early to make a hard call on this and I acknoweldge that it's not out of character for pera, I would call that a scum post since (a) she's basically just flattering a bunch of players while (b) not really adding any value in terms of scumhunting / observations about this current game. She claims to have skimmed the thread but then most of her observations are about other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

peramene, you need to find yourself some pera-graphs :glomp:

While it's too early to make a hard call on this and I acknoweldge that it's not out of character for pera, I would call that a scum post since (a) she's basically just flattering a bunch of players while (b) not really adding any value in terms of scumhunting / observations about this current game. She claims to have skimmed the thread but then most of her observations are about other games.

I agree with this, which is why I want her to address my question specifically and succinctly since it's one of the only game-related things she said in there.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote pera

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

sara when someone gives you coaching in your scumdoc you shouldn't backpedal so hard that you generate lift

The day someone who hasn't earned it gives me "coaching" in a scumdoc is the day I out them as scum in thread without warning and build a FF3-KB style case out of thin air to bury them so far down underground their only option is to build a case that is easily disproven against me so that we secure the win on the crumbling ashes of their hubris

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm a little confused, is that post trying to say Asiina: Town, obviously? Or should we go more by the tl;dr ending summary, of don't trust Asiina just because she's posting?

Apologies for lack of clarity. This might help: "I came here today with the intention to do one thing, because she was posting. But then I realized she may have taken into account my advice from last game, and look what she's choosing to do with it." It's not necessarily scummy, it's not a case, it's just something I wanted to point out. I don't think we should trust Asiina's meta this time around. I think she's gotten more confident and might just be ready to take a stab. Or - more likely - she is just town. All I am meaning to say is don't trust that meta like a drat fool.

Asiina posted:

pera, why do you think I mischaracterized your initial post?

100 words or less please.

Thank you for asking! I tried to make this clear with my italics. I said I wasn't going to be around for approximately the first half of D1, meaning today. I am actually here, QED. Just saying that I said half a day, and you appeared to be characterizing me as skipping the entirety of D1 while the goddamn shitlords ran their gamut. No. No. No. The second half of D1 - tomorrow - tends to be where things start becoming relevant. At least to me, excepting the people I know, love, cherish, adore, enjoy, etc. simply by knowing them. Fair enough?

GulagDolls posted:

i support a perameme murder

same tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This looks like Asii's town game to me.

peramene posted:

Scum!Rarity is - well, why not? - an enormous predator which consumes all and leaves naught for the living, a master of the craft that leaves me breathless every time I get the distinct privilege to observe it.

Just out of curiosity, which of my scum games have you seen?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jeez now that everyone's chiming in to echo "yeah Asiina's so town" this is feeling kind of weird for me

the more important part is Quid being scum

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

rarity just lurks as scum every time lol

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quid is making 20 one line posts in a row, so he is not scum, this game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GulagDolls posted:

This post offends my pride :colbert:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

This post offends my pride :colbert:

I think it's the old joke that we're the same person.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Especially since there's some heat on me, I'm just gonna make comments as I skim. In Podlima I took too long thanking Grandicap for complimenting me and as a result got killed before I could confirm PMom. And then I got my heart yanked out, which was hot. Should result in shorter posts? ("Skimming and making comments or killing you?" 'Yes.') Maybe? :/

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm not so much confused as I'm not seeing that as what you did but ok :shrug:

Quid spends two consecutive games tunneling me and is now criticizing Asiina's glance in my direction?

Alright.

Rarity posted:

This looks like Asii's town game to me.

Just out of curiosity, which of my scum games have you seen?

Only the one. Er, two? Nobody counts popcon2. This isn't one of them, is it? :( I don't know how long you're back and I'd hate for you to leave just 'cuz it gets boring for you (esp now that I'm actually building a game myself)

GulagDolls posted:

##vote gulagdolls

Your pretty face won't save you from my villain worship.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I think it's the old joke that we're the same person.

How can we be the same person when there's a knife sticking out of your back but not mine? :ese:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

B It would be rude to not let both boys have a pie and we are not rude. also all the Bs in a row to make that is just very nice

Will be around after basketball later to read and post and blah blah blah

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

This isn't a case, this isn't an effortpost, this is just me checking in that I will actually in fact be here, here and there throughout the day, and I'll be doing some reading, but probably no "reading" until people get serious.

People have been serious posting and casting real votes.

You have time to write your novel, I see, but not enough time to read the thread?

Also, why bring up other games so extensively when that can only be used to make meta cases? Meta cases that you're not even making in this game.

The excessive attempt at making people think you're engaged with this game is extremely transparent.

##vote peramene

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

peramene posted:

Only the one. Er, two? Nobody counts popcon2. This isn't one of them, is it? :( I don't know how long you're back and I'd hate for you to leave just 'cuz it gets boring for you (esp now that I'm actually building a game myself)

This is a terrible answer, I expected better of you. Also:

peramene posted:

I'll probably be gone a lot of tomorrow too just 'cuz d1 is pointless

peramene posted:

The second half of D1 - tomorrow - tends to be where things start becoming relevant.

These posts don't vibe together at all ##vote pera

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
PS. pera, if you want to see at my scummy best then go read Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mafia

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

Thank you for asking! I tried to make this clear with my italics. I said I wasn't going to be around for approximately the first half of D1, meaning today. I am actually here, QED. Just saying that I said half a day, and you appeared to be characterizing me as skipping the entirety of D1 while the goddamn shitlords ran their gamut. No. No. No. The second half of D1 - tomorrow - tends to be where things start becoming relevant. At least to me, excepting the people I know, love, cherish, adore, enjoy, etc. simply by knowing them. Fair enough?

Except I wasn't talking about the first 24 hours of D1 compared to the second 24 hours. I was referring to this:

peramene posted:

But I'm not participating in some town slapfight resulting in yet another totally pointless d1 lynch. i don't get why this community is obsessed with slaughtering town as quickly as they possibly can - d1 the odds are just loving against us, we have a majority, and okay, maybe you get lucky and you hit someone you actually wanted to hit? How often has this ever happened? Are there stats? Goons? Surely somebody's done the math. I'm not even reading the rest of this poo poo until actual stuff starts happening other than "white noise" or whatever we call it here.

Which appears to be saying that D1 lynches are almost always town and so D1 arguments are pointless, which is what I have a problem with. D1 may not be successful in catching scum the majority of the time, but that doesn't therefore mean it's right to check out of D1. You're not the first person to make this argument, but it's always a bad one for the reasons I'm saying.

So do you still believe this? How do you respond to my post now that you know what I'm talking about?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

How can we be the same person when there's a knife sticking out of your back but not mine? :ese:

Popcon happened.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Huh. I didn't even notice that. Sucks, we could've both had d1 dunks on each other. That would be cool.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

People have been serious posting and casting real votes.

You have time to write your novel, I see, but not enough time to read the thread?

Yeah? Glad to hear it though. Are you telling me the one game I finally decide to just skip the pointless posts is the one game where people get poo poo together going early? In that case, I have serious catching up to do lmao

Rarity posted:

PS. pera, if you want to see at my scummy best then go read Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mafia

Thank you so much. It felt creepy to ask even in private and I'm never sure about these things.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alternative post:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Alternative post:

Why must you hurt my heart? :(

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bifauxnen posted:

you know, I'm from Auspol and so I haven't played as many games with Asiina, but literally every one I have happened to see her play in I think she's been town. (can someone point out a game for me where she has been scum, cause I can't remember reading one)

And yet, every single time, she ends up being cased the same way like this. "oh she sounds fake", "oh she sounds manufactured", usually without much else to say about it. Maybe it's just a personal thing I'm wired to notice more cause I feel like I get the same treatment a lot, but I think if I can notice the trend by now you guys should too and maybe it's just trying to push known buttons on purpose.

##vote Quidthulu

I think it's very odd to attach a vote to this, borderlining fake. You're certainly welcome to make a read of "people always react poorly to Asiina," but you haven't really provided any evidence here that I am doing so in bad faith. It looks like you're just using this as an excuse to vote for me, but didn't connect the dots correctly.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

peramene posted:

Quid spends two consecutive games tunneling me and is now criticizing Asiina's glance in my direction?

Alright.

I don't remember the first game but the last game I was scum and you were an announced "not-scum" so I'm not sure what the point of this is :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I think it's very odd to attach a vote to this, borderlining fake. You're certainly welcome to make a read of "people always react poorly to Asiina," but you haven't really provided any evidence here that I am doing so in bad faith. It looks like you're just using this as an excuse to vote for me, but didn't connect the dots correctly.

Yeah I figured you'd come back with something like this, keep reading though it should be a couple posts later.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah I figured you'd come back with something like this, keep reading though it should be a couple posts later.

Retroactively justifying your case, you say?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

FAKE NEWS :byodood:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lumpen Replaces Absurd revolver!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

peramene (5): Rarity, Rarity, CCKeane, this is a stickup, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Rarity
Rarity (2): Ahab Itualliar, Infinitum
King Burgundy (1): Asiina
Infinitum (1): Murmur Twin
GulagDolls (1): Ahab Itualliar, Ahab Itualliar, peramene
Quidthulhu (1): Bifauxnen
Asiina (1): Quidthulhu
Kashuno (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Dick Bastardly (0): Enola Gay-For-Pay, Enola Gay-For-Pay
CCKeane (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (0): Tobbs Gnawed, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (14): chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, Enola Gay-For-Pay, IllegallySober, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Little Mac, Lumpen, Mithross, Moatillata, Pander, Pussy Quipped, The Science of Suck

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 19th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

:stonk:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Pera and MMT are SCUM BUDDIES.

Ahab Itualliar posted:

I legit believe this

---

Pera reads a scum an mmt and rarity look like they're running support

Ahab - were you being serious when you said you legit believe me/pera are scumbuddies? If so, what made you think this?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CapitalistPig posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKz4NxpFW5I

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Except I wasn't talking about the first 24 hours of D1 compared to the second 24 hours. I was referring to this:

Which appears to be saying that D1 lynches are almost always town and so D1 arguments are pointless, which is what I have a problem with. D1 may not be successful in catching scum the majority of the time, but that doesn't therefore mean it's right to check out of D1. You're not the first person to make this argument, but it's always a bad one for the reasons I'm saying.

So do you still believe this? How do you respond to my post now that you know what I'm talking about?

Like this is an ethos argument and I'm willing to hear an ethos argument from you especially, and willing to cop to being ~new and unsure~ and definitely overconfident after six straight (town) wins but that - at least so far - I haven't actually seen the points you're making (yet). Regardless, what I had planned to do this morning isn't a thing and I'm stuck in bed so here we are.

If Tobbs is right and real poo poo is going on, and I've missed out, the very first time I've decided to flip the table in frustration? That's just lovely of me, especially to throw such a fit over it because I knew for drat sure CPig wasn't gonna let me have it. D1 lynch is gonna be town statistically speaking so okay but gimme some time to actually see if Tobbs is right and WHO KNOWS maybe I can at least contribute a little first.

Pre-emptively I guess I should apologize for being a pompous rear end in a top hat in my first big post but I've googled my character and read (half of) MMT's posts and this really loving feels personal, CPig. But those of you who know and love me know that I can hardly resist a good grandstanding.

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't remember the first game but the last game I was scum and you were an announced "not-scum" so I'm not sure what the point of this is :v:

Oh, right. Duh. I got so fed up with the fact that loving Ecco made me town but "Mafia," I completely forgot you steel assholes were even around. (I think you almost had that one, by the way - SSV claiming was a huge... right, things to do. PM me when I'm dead, Quid, it'll be fun. I haven't even read your doc yet.)

Mafia Edit:

CapitalistPig posted:

Lumpen Replaces Absurd Revolver!

Please let Lumpen be scum. Please make Lumpen be scum. Please please please PLEASE.

Murmur Twin posted:

me/pera are scumbuddies?

I loving WISH. god I'd give just about anything to be ""scum"" with MMT again.

tl;dr - I guess don't really bother reading this one except for the top paragraph response to Asiina. The rest is ""fluff"".

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh boy, here we go!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:siren: Hey people, notice how pera is ignoring my post against her because she can't think of a decent argument :siren:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Rarity posted:

:siren: Hey people, notice how pera is ignoring my post against her because she can't think of a decent argument :siren:

Noted, but I still want to see what the response winds up being when she does finally respond to it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hi lumpen 🙀

##vote pera

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Not intentionally. And just to be clear, do you think scum!peramene would ignore the chance to test herself against you? Please give me a game where you're an SK and I'm scum and we can really fight. That would be incredible. Um, beyond fluff though -- this one?

Rarity posted:

This is a terrible answer, I expected better of you. Also:

These posts don't vibe together at all ##vote pera

Surely this can't be it? I'll keep looking but since this is the one with the vote attached to it, if folks read the rest of my posts I think these points have been addressed.

Yeah, this is me loving something up. If I had my memory like when last we faced one another it would be nothing at all but I'll check the timestamps 'cuz I think I've figured it out:

Post one is at Feb 17, 2017 7:58 PM, right during a lull in T/D when I wanted to confirm (I'm not even sure this is a necessary thing to do btw would somebody fill me in?) since I saw lots of folks doing that glancing at the last page and at least to my eyes seeing exactly what I expected to see and...

Post two is today. Feb 18, 2017 1:01 PM.

I am referring to two different tomorrows, specifically, today the 18th in the first post - when I expected to be occupied with Other Things - and tomorrow the 19th in the second DID ANYBODY BOTHER TO CHECK MY WORDCOUNT ON ASIINA'S ANSWER? COME ON. Unless I'm mistaken the deadline is... tomorrow. 30 hours from now. Right? I'm hearing talk of votefinder being screwy so i dunno.

This can't be the right post where you're hitting me with something, especially not with a response like that from IS.

(It was clear I was referring to ABB with "the one", right? I'm sorry honey, either I need the Xanax I'm 23 minutes away from or something weird is going on.)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the response won't matter because it won't be real or contain useful info

here's what this post + other relevant and very inconsistent posts actually say

peramene posted:

Like this is an ethos argument and I'm willing to hear an ethos argument from you especially, and willing to cop to being ~new and unsure~ and definitely overconfident after six straight (town) wins but that - at least so far - I haven't actually seen the points you're making (yet). Regardless, what I had planned to do this morning isn't a thing and I'm stuck in bed so here we are.

it's okay for me to post whatever because I'm inexperienced. I pointed out that I have six straight (town) wins as this game is unique because ???? hmmm

peramene posted:

BTW - regardless of what my role PM is, I won't be around tonight and will probably just skip the entirety of joke phase (I just don't enjoy it); in the spirit of fairness I will neither post nor read my role PM until the conclusion of joke phase. I will also try to keep my posts short. But... y'know. Sometimes a bitch has things to say, y'know?

peramene posted:

The day I get my hand on a loving scumdoc? I'm 100% in charge. D1, I'm going all-tactical, analyzing every single motherfucker in the game, their relationships to one another, every scrap of joke phase because every loving post matters, and my loving PEONS will kneel before me because they'll loving know exactly who they're dealing with because I'll give them a strategy that gets us lynching townies faster than you've ever seen before. No one will question my rule as - hell, it'll be FFX by then - I rise as Sin and destroy whatever bullshit name they gave to the world Yuna was born on (X2 was better - fight me) Instead, HERE WE ARE, once a-loving-gain. The sole solace I take is that I'll grab 7/7 wins easy but I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking.

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya... just gotta put up with it in new games. But I'm not participating in some town slapfight resulting in yet another totally pointless d1 lynch. i don't get why this community is obsessed with slaughtering town as quickly as they possibly can - d1 the odds are just loving against us, we have a majority, and okay, maybe you get lucky and you hit someone you actually wanted to hit? How often has this ever happened? Are there stats? Goons? Surely somebody's done the math. I'm not even reading the rest of this poo poo until actual stuff starts happening other than "white noise" or whatever we call it here. This time I'm just calling attention to that fact rather than just bailing on the first few days of posting and catching up. No loving reason at all to read most of these posts as town

IS I hope we get to be scum together someday because mama's gonna show you how to loving roll town like a goddamn california roll -- jeez so much for shorter posts, gently caress

underlined parts are a result of pera being absolutely ecstatic about getting to be scum

quote:

If Tobbs is right and real poo poo is going on, and I've missed out, the very first time I've decided to flip the table in frustration? That's just lovely of me, especially to throw such a fit over it because I knew for drat sure CPig wasn't gonna let me have it. D1 lynch is gonna be town statistically speaking so okay but gimme some time to actually see if Tobbs is right and WHO KNOWS maybe I can at least contribute a little first.

I hate the jokephase and D1 because I just don't get it even though I love joking and these people but it's always useless anyway except for every game because I think it's actually valuable and cannot be overlooked but I've decided to pretend to be frustrated with it for this game in particular and pretend to throw a fit

anyway d1 is always a town lynch so I guess I'll just pretend to engage with the game and maybe post some relevant stuff

quote:

FF3 was a goddamn shitstorm if also one of my greatest personal victories yet imo.

what

quote:

Pre-emptively I guess I should apologize for being a pompous rear end in a top hat in my first big post but I've googled my character and read (half of) MMT's posts and this really loving feels personal, CPig. But those of you who know and love me know that I can hardly resist a good grandstanding.

but seriously though I googled my character and almost read some posts, I'm very much The Town's Great and Good Savior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

peramene posted:

This has nothing to do with anything but if you're going to claim credit for calling me as scum in Swan Song you need to put an asterisk next to your town wins record because town got crushed that game :j:

With that said, I feel like constantly referring to past games probably comes off as annoying/frustrating/isolating for players who weren't in those games, so I'm going to propose we limit that in the future (unless it's something that obviously seems like it could be relevant, such as the fact that choice D was always bad in FF3).

quote:

---

Please let Lumpen be scum. Please make Lumpen be scum. Please please please PLEASE.

My gut leans town on pera right now, because (a) I don't think anyone (even her) would be that stream of conscious-y in their first scum game and (b) a lot of people are jumping on that vote and I'm not seeing a whole lot of resistance to it which makes me think it's a mislynch that scum is trying to help push.

quote:

I have a guess as to who your character is and I sent it in to CPig so I can see if I was right after the game :eng101:

Which posts of mine were you referring to when you said you read half of them? I don't really think I've said anything that would shed light on any characters in this game.

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi Lumpen!

• Locked thread