Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Just dropped a wad of cash for 4 tickets to see Metallica in Atlanta. I don't give a gently caress, they still put on an amazing live show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I like some early Volbeat to be honest. They're definitely one of those bands though where you only need 10 or so songs because the rest is either unabashed mediocre retreads or (later especially) embarrassing buttrock.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

You weren't kidding. This is basically Individual Thought Patterns.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Defiant Sally posted:

You weren't kidding. This is basically Individual Thought Patterns.

I thought you were being hyperbolic but holy poo poo

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

machine head chat is banned per the OP

Out of curiosity, why?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Cardiac posted:

Out of curiosity, why?

they're very bad, although on the other hand lots of other very bad bands are discussed in here quite often

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

A human heart posted:

they're very bad, although on the other hand lots of other very bad bands are discussed in here quite often

...Like Megadeth

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A human heart posted:

So all bands are bad, except the ones I like?
Got it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Cardiac posted:

So all bands are bad, except the ones I like?
No, those are especially bad

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

H13 posted:

...Like Megadeth

Those be fighting words

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

So what's Jo Bench going to do next?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Marduk's show in Oakland tonight got cancelled because of ANTIFA threats. The police suggested it wasn't safe to have it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Non Serviam posted:

Marduk's show in Oakland tonight got cancelled because of ANTIFA threats. The police suggested it wasn't safe to have it.

:lol: wow

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'm loving the new Immolation album.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Non Serviam posted:

Didn't know people knew enough about Marduk to care and I thought they just really liked tanks and poo poo and weren't full on nazis.

wait
http://www.metalblast.net/blog/the-blm-boycott-marduk/

:lol:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
This is really annoying.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Everyone in metal is secretly a nazi.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
secretly?

Spanish Manlove posted:

Didn't know people knew enough about Marduk to care and I thought they just really liked tanks and poo poo and weren't full on nazis.

wait
http://www.metalblast.net/blog/the-blm-boycott-marduk/

:lol:

i like the part where they kept bugging some random blm facebook account halfway across the country that had nothing to do with it for a response and were upset they got blocked

:laffo: "why do you ignore me? don't i matter?"

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 19, 2017

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Worst part about this genre is the fans.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Marduk?

Go to a republican town hall and yell at some actual fascists.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Danny LaFever posted:

Marduk?

Go to a republican town hall and yell at some actual fascists.

IMO obscure irrelevant swedish bands caused Trump

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

IMO obscure irrelevant swedish bands caused Trump

my favorite dismember demo was "tell clinton to not campaign in the rust belt; she'll pick up two votes in the philly suburbs for every vote she loses in scranton"

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Are you calling Dismember irrelevant? You suck, Dismember rules, prepare for war.

*slams phone on hook*

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

That latest Ayreon preview video made me revisit 01011001, and it's a really good album.

It really is a super fun listen. I can put it comfortably next to Back to Times of Splendor for prog metal I actually enjoy.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

secretly?

i like the part where they kept bugging some random blm facebook account halfway across the country that had nothing to do with it for a response and were upset they got blocked

:laffo: "why do you ignore me? don't i matter?"

Isn't that in reference to the attempted boycott of the Austin show? BLM Austin were promoting it.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Non Serviam posted:

Isn't that in reference to the attempted boycott of the Austin show? BLM Austin were promoting it.

oh whoops thought it was about the oakland gig

still funny harassing people not involved for a response then getting pissy when they didn't respond

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

oh whoops thought it was about the oakland gig

still funny harassing people not involved for a response then getting pissy when they didn't respond

But they were involved, they were calling for the Austin boycott.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Non Serviam posted:

But they were involved, they were calling for the Austin boycott.

going by that screenshot in the article looks like they were just promoting the other guy's protest and said their own boycott was cancelled, then the writer got all wienery about it

then again a black rights group boycotting a metal show is like a star trek fan club boycotting the nba finals

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

going by that screenshot in the article looks like they were just promoting the other guy's protest and said their own boycott was cancelled, then the writer got all wienery about it

then again a black rights group boycotting a metal show is like a star trek fan club boycotting the nba finals

The screenshot shows they were publishing it on their own Facebook page (so, hosted by their official Facebook page).

I had friend that went to the Austin show... Apparently the handful of ANTIFA were like that famous "we are anonymous, we are legion" photo, with just 5 dudes there.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Like I don't think Marduk are actually nazis, but it would not surprise me in the least if it turned out that they were. That's black metal for ya I guess.

Confirmed nazi bands can gently caress right off though

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

Like I don't think Marduk are actually nazis, but it would not surprise me in the least if it turned out that they were. That's black metal for ya I guess.

Confirmed nazi bands can gently caress right off though

I have read a bunch of interviews with them in Close-Up magazine , and there was nothing special there. A massive interest in WWII, which is nothing special ( see Lemmy and slayer as well as countless others). Metal musicians are not known for their intellect though.

Sabaton on the other hand have played in Crimea after Russia took over and had a passive-aggressive interview about that with the statement " that is your opinion".

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Cardiac posted:

I have read a bunch of interviews with them in Close-Up magazine , and there was nothing special there. A massive interest in WWII, which is nothing special ( see Lemmy and slayer as well as countless others). Metal musicians are not known for their intellect though.

Sabaton on the other hand have played in Crimea after Russia took over and had a passive-aggressive interview about that with the statement " that is your opinion".

Do you have a link to that interview?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sometimes nazi obsessed musicians sound like they're just being coy like "what? I don't like nazis, I'm just fascinated with their philosophy, and their weapons, and their style, and and and" :gizz:

Sure nazis are really interesting but i wouldn't start throwing nazi imagery all over my work unless I really wanted people to think I was sympathetic to that somehow.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
People should have boycotted Marduk 20+ years ago for being so lovely and boring.

Also, this was a few pages ago but:

MikeCrotch posted:

So i've been listening to Possessed since they are playing Bloodstock this year and i've never seen them, and:

1. They are pretty good
2. Did they really only release two actual albums and an EP?

There were a couple of demos released in the early 90s with Mike Torrao and a bunch of other dudes that were also good!

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Snowy posted:

Sometimes nazi obsessed musicians sound like they're just being coy like "what? I don't like nazis, I'm just fascinated with their philosophy, and their weapons, and their style, and and and" :gizz:

Sure nazis are really interesting but i wouldn't start throwing nazi imagery all over my work unless I really wanted people to think I was sympathetic to that somehow.

Yeah, times changing I think makes "loads of nazi imagery" not the easy mode edgelord move it once might have been, fixation or no.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

Do you have a link to that interview?

No.
Close up is only available on paper ( and in Swedish).
Checked the home page and it was in July-16.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Gorewar posted:

People should have boycotted Marduk 20+ years ago for being so lovely and boring.
I haven't heard the term "Norsecore" actually used by a person in 15 years but it's still appropriate

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cardiac posted:

reminds me of that interview with the guy from godsmack being asked about their support for the iraq war due to licensing their song to the navy, where it became obvious really quick he hadn't thought the situation through at all

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yo these new Wolfheart tracks are insane, discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

the yeti posted:

Yeah, times changing I think makes "loads of nazi imagery" not the easy mode edgelord move it once might have been, fixation or no.

I can assure you that it's a weird loving time being a black metalhead.

^^I've been super bad at keeping up with this year's releases but I'm listening to Boneyard now. Many thanks.