Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Mk I might get thatcher, I hate mutes so ruining his fun sounds great to me. Open to not suggestions but thanks a ton for the ones already given to me, I'll look at all the ones mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Montagne is the most powerful op in the game tbhhth

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Thatcher you definitely need to do a couple of test tosses on maps where it's crucial you hit a window sill and don't have it drop off. Favelas you especially need it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Knifegrab posted:

Mk I might get thatcher, I hate mutes so ruining his fun sounds great to me. Open to not suggestions but thanks a ton for the ones already given to me, I'll look at all the ones mentioned.

Thatcher is only useful when you have a not-stupid Thermite/Hibana picker on your team.

I am new too and these are the champs who i use regularly:

Assault
Fuze - You put mines on windows/wooden ceilings and roll the dice on getting free kills. In low level games it gives you an easy advantage, but in higher level games the opponents will be smart enough to Mute the windows or hear you planting it and shoot you.
Twitch - Use the drone to destroy enemy cameras and gadgets during setup. You also deal 10 damage to enemies who you shock with it. I have single handedly killed a very bad Valkyrie with a drone before.
IQ - Use the scanner to locate enemy gadgets. This will show you where cameras are if you are new, and it's really good at shutting down Valkyrie cameras if someone picks her.
Thermite - I don't use him that much when soloing because the enemy team usually has a Jaeger or Bandit defending the reinforced walls, but if you can combo him with Thatcher or the enemy team is sloppy he makes taking objectives a lot easier.

Defense
Rook - Drop your armour, put up your walls then don't feel too bad if you die. The ultimate "I'm helping!" champ.
Mute - Use your jammers to stop enemies from blowing up your reinforced walls and Fuzes from mining your windows. If you are playing against new players using the jammers to stop drones from identifying the objective will be infuriating because at least some of them won't know where to go if it doesn't show up on their hud.
Kapkan - Plant mines on doorways. You can get some free kills if the enemy doesn't pay attention such as if they are on the objective room and they have to rush to get in the room before the time runs out.
Jager - He has a really good gun and is fast (and therefore quiet). You will learn the maps a lot faster by picking him and roaming, even if it gets you killed a lot at first.
Bandit - Same as Jager but you can electrify reinforced walls to stop Thermites and his gun isn't as good as Jager's.

I'm at 23k fun bucks right now and i'm trying to decide which DLC champ to buy. I am considering Caviar, Mira or Hibana. Caviar seems to be the most fun but i'll probably be useless at her due to my lack of game sense. Mira seems like a really useful defensive champ but since she is new lots of people pick her so it might be a waste. Hibana seems really useful but looks pretty boring.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Don't solo queue.

is the discord info still legit in OP? started playing again after a very long time and i'm not very good but would like to have people to play with that use voice comms and don't speak Portuguese

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It would be cool if there was an option that made ceiling reinforcements better somehow.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I don't have any friends who play this game so please add me on pc. I'm spbbb

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Clavavisage posted:

is the discord info still legit in OP? started playing again after a very long time and i'm not very good but would like to have people to play with that use voice comms and don't speak Portuguese

Yes.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Clavavisage posted:

Dunno. Mumble info still legit.

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Thatcher you definitely need to do a couple of test tosses on maps where it's crucial you hit a window sill and don't have it drop off. Favelas you especially need it.

You don't need to do that! Thatcher's blast radius is large enough that you can drop on the roof or ceiling above (and maybe even the floor of the bottom floor, though I haven't tested this yet) and still get the gadgets inside. Not all maps have low ceilings though. This won't work in Bartlett U, for example but it'll definitely work in Favela.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

The Duggler posted:

:wrong: My nitro cell disagrees.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

http://i.imgur.com/lZ57r89.gifv

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

How do they manage these bugs :allears:

I checked, it's really like that.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wonder what else there is like that. Or maybe some shutterstock watermarks on textures? :allears:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I wonder what else there is like that. Or maybe some shutterstock watermarks on textures? :allears:

When they redid State of Decay for PC they found out one of the graphics design teams had hidden a texture pattern of dicks in the retail product.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Is this one of those cross-your-eyes pattern games?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Is this one of those cross-your-eyes pattern games?
Observe mouse cursor in the headphone texture.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm not seeing it. Is it the ear strap not lining up with the chin strap?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm not seeing it. Is it the ear strap not lining up with the chin strap?

There's a rodent on the ear can.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm going to need someone to outline it. How is it a bug?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Observe mouse cursor in the headphone texture.

Oh poo poo I thought that was the player's mouse cursor lol

Graphic Designer #1: "We lost the source files for this skin, how can we salvage this without having to start over?"
Graphic Designer #2: "Just take a screenshot of the WIP."
Graphic Designer #1: "Okay."

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 18, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

ooooh

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

NOW I understand, Jesus.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Don't do this

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Must be the work of an enemy stand

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Is the sound way better on PC? I have a set of astro a4s on ps4 and they definitely work, but watching youtube videos(serenity) it just seems crazy how they know where people are.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aijX8nmIzzs

You can no longer tag videos with the "Rainbow Six: Siege" tag on Youtube.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

CJ posted:

:words:

I'm at 23k fun bucks right now and i'm trying to decide which DLC champ to buy. I am considering Caviar, Mira or Hibana. Caviar seems to be the most fun but i'll probably be useless at her due to my lack of game sense. Mira seems like a really useful defensive champ but since she is new lots of people pick her so it might be a waste. Hibana seems really useful but looks pretty boring.

Woah woah woah. I just came back to this game after a super long absence so what do I know, but Hibana is fun as hell man. :colbert:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hibana is incredible, probably best attacker.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have all the standard operators but none of the DLC ones and I'm getting close to 25k (well not THAT close but I've had a good rate of gain lately so it won't be too long). Which one should I get first? Originally I was planning to get Caviera just because her ability sounds kind of cool on paper but in practice I think I would be terrible as her since I don't really know the maps well enough to be an effective roamer.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I have all the standard operators but none of the DLC ones and I'm getting close to 25k (well not THAT close but I've had a good rate of gain lately so it won't be too long). Which one should I get first? Originally I was planning to get Caviera just because her ability sounds kind of cool on paper but in practice I think I would be terrible as her since I don't really know the maps well enough to be an effective roamer.

Hibana's the best choice, in my opinion. Then maybe Valk?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Don't play Valk unless you know the maps well.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Counterpoint: play whatever the gently caress you want

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Seriously. Tryhards pls go.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
all the ops are fun, that's the beauty of this game. you get burnt out playing one op inside out and then you can change it up a bit and play someone else. a lot of the operators that i initially thought were weak are actually just as viable if you play to their strengths. even tachanka is cool if you figure out good setups and aren't afraid to abandon your gun or relocate it mid-round.

of those 3 ops though mira is the one that will introduce a new playstyle for you. hibana is basically ash/thermite mix and incredibly popular. so is cav because people like to roam.

edit: also unless it's changed her vector is pretty blatantly amazing and one of the most "op" feeling weapons i've used recently

Thief fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 19, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Don't play Valk unless you know the maps well.

Camera throwing for Valk is shockingly easy if you know there's going to always be someone on site. Take Hereford, for example, armory objective. Drop a camera in the ladder room, go up to third floor, pop a window and toss short for watching external stairs/trench area, toss camera watching main stairs/briefing.
That way most approaches are watched and you aren't wasting them covering something you don't need. A lot of newer Valk players will put cameras in the objective room(s) at which point why bother because the person on site is going to see (and die to) an enemy at the same time somebody on the camera needs them.

Other tip: put cameras in areas where they blend in really well, light fixtures especially people don't notice them on. Bulletholes in consulate second floor by the drink machine doesn't get noticed very often. Stock ticker on bank works really well since it's busy as gently caress as it is so what's one more light.

Having said that her SMG, while accurate, it's hella weak so if you can't get consistent headshots with it you might be screwed.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 19, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Duggler posted:

Unless it's Castle. Just don't play castle.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
kanye is good fyi stop putting your metal doors 1 wall from the objective tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I wish I could hear the Quake 3 Arena hitsound when I hit someone. But I'd like that in literally every FPS.

bobua posted:

Is the sound way better on PC? I have a set of astro a4s on ps4 and they definitely work, but watching youtube videos(serenity) it just seems crazy how they know where people are.

It's been said that sound works differently in Siege. If you hear gunshots to the left then it means the hall/doorway/path to the left is the route to the source of the sound. Like the sound itself travels through the house to get to you. For barriers being broken or footsteps this is a real giveaway. I assume this feature is not PC-only.

• Locked thread