Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Right, but they shouldn't have let her even get her hand behind her back to draw it. The implication being that they hate their bitch commander and maybe wouldn't mind her biting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think you're way over thinking that small thing.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I never caught up with the latest season. :(
I'm also working terrible hours again.

Today a friend of mine texted me that they wanted to drunk binge Rebels. Hooray, huzzah, and other exclamations. This should be good!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

I never caught up with the latest season. :(
I'm also working terrible hours again.

Today a friend of mine texted me that they wanted to drunk binge Rebels. Hooray, huzzah, and other exclamations. This should be good!

You're in for a good time. I think this season plays particularly well when watched over a short period of time.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rocksicles posted:

I think you're way over thinking that small thing.

Not my position, just explaining what the other guy was saying.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I just thought it was funny the guards were terrible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sith Happens posted:

:aaaaa:

Really good catch there!

I didn't remember that scene offhand, so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELo74udR7A

And for anyone not familiar with music from The Rocketeer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zixwu-4f8ZI

:aaaaa:

Just catching up on this thread, and just realized there's a key second part to that reference; The paint job of the B-Wing's rather similar to the Rocketeer's look.

Also goddamn can Thrawn turn a minor inconvenience into a major victory. They sabotaged an infiltration droid and blew up a Star Destroyer? Excellent, we now know for certain that the base is on one of the planets we sent them to! :eng101:

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Have we gotten confirmation that there is going to be a fourth season? I've been wondering if they're going to surprise end the show at the conclusion of this season. The things that make me wonder...

1. I can't remember hearing anything about story or character plans for the next season.
2. This season is going to end with Thrawn wrecking their base.
3. Filoni is presumably overseeing another animated project, given his new position.
4. Here's the big one for me. Seasons 2 and 3 were announced in the month of November during the preceding seasons. That pattern has been broken rather conspicuously. It's two and a half months after that point and I can't find any announcement or confirmation of a fourth season.

Perhaps they're only holding an announcement back so they can build suspense for how this season's final battle is going to go for our heroes. If that's the case, it's definitely working on me. But it would be awesomely bold of them to have the cell broken, beaten, and scattered in the finale, ending the show without any preceding announcement. Maybe it'll be more like a restructuring, a new show with a new name but with some of the characters from Rebels. Wild speculation!

Edit: I hadn't done any googling lately regarding this until after I posted this. It seems that a few entertainment news sites/blogs have picked up on all of this, too.

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 18, 2017

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Minnesota Manatee posted:

Have we gotten confirmation that there is going to be a fourth season? I've been starting to wonder if they're going to surprise end the show at the conclusion of this season. The things that make me wonder...

1. I can't remember hearing anything about story or character plans for the next season.
2. This season is going to end with Thrawn wrecking their base.
3. Filoni is presumably overseeing another animated project given his new position.
4. Here's the big one for me. Seasons 2 and 3 were announced in the month of November during the preceding seasons. That pattern has been broken rather conspicuously. It's two and a half months after that point and I can't find any announcement or confirmation of a fourth season.

Perhaps they're only holding an announcement back so they can build suspense for how this season's final battle is going to go for our heroes. If that's the case, it's definitely working on me. But it would be awesomely bold of them to have the cell broken, beaten, and scattered in the finale, ending the show without any preceding announcement. Maybe it'll be more like a restructuring, a new show with a new name but with some of the characters from Rebels. Wild speculation!

Edit: I hadn't done any googling lately regarding this until after I posted this. It seems that a few entertainment news sites/blogs seem to have picked up on all of this, too.

Star Wars: Alliance :black101:

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I just finished the new episode. So wow, I'd say that either the next season is going to have a bunch of Mando stuff early on to get Sabine back into the show, or else this really is the final season and there'll be a spin off book/comic/show about Sabine and the Mandalorians. Maybe they'll show up to help in the final battle of this season but Sabine isn't going to be a part of the crew without resolving all of the Mandalore stuff.

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 18, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
They only make CG shows in the gaps between movies, and a new gap has opened up - between RoTJ and TFA. If they end the show soon (or even if it got a new season), I'd bet they'd pick it up somewhere in there with mostly new characters doing Stuff previous to TFA.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Didn't one of the higher ups at the show, either Filoni or Hidalgo say they want to find a way to write Rex into being the old beardy commando during RotJ?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd love a post rotj show. It literally could start the next day showing rebels needing to make the transition from warrior to peacemaker and administratior.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I believe some of the cast have already talked about recording for next season. It could all be a smoke screen, but they seemed pretty up front that it's coming. Whether that one is the last is unknown.

I could see them launching a post-RotJ show immediately after season 4 though, perhaps to pick up some of the things left over from Rebels, Rogue One and the OT. I wonder if we'll get a title and possible setting confirmation in a few months at Celebration if so.

For today's episode: I'm surprised they wrote Sabine "off" the show. I'm sure she'll still show up for some arcs, but that addresses one of the members of the Ghost crew possibly going into Rogue One.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 18, 2017

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

TARDISman posted:

Didn't one of the higher ups at the show, either Filoni or Hidalgo say they want to find a way to write Rex into being the old beardy commando during RotJ?

If memory serves, this is Filoni's belief and he wants to canonize it. Given he's now in charge of all Lucasfilm TV, he's in a good position to do that someday. Hidalgo could do so by saying so, as he's apparently capable of speaking ex cathedra on new-canon, without needing to put it on screen or page.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

A new show announcement at Celebration seems like a fairly-easy bet, though I'd put more money on it being set in a reimagined Old Republic era rather than post-RotJ. Season 4 is most definitely ending at Scarif, though.

Also that Sabine/Gar fight was the essence of :slick:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 18, 2017

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
A show right after ROTJ would be pretty awesome. They could start season one with the Ssi-ruuk.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The main cast could include a combination of former Rebels and Imperials.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That's a weird way to spell jakku.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

VaultAggie posted:

A show right after ROTJ would be pretty awesome. They could start season one with the Ssi-ruuk.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you!
should be triclops

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
All I know is that if we don't get at least one Mofference before the series ends I'm going to be pissed.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Gann Jerrod posted:

All I know is that if we don't get at least one Mofference before the series ends I'm going to be pissed.

You want them to adapt Aftermath?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

Is that like a conference call but entirely between various Imperial Moffs?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

AndyElusive posted:

Is that like a conference call but entirely between various Imperial Moffs?

No, it's when the Moffs have a meeting in the Mofference room of the Moffship.

Yes, look it up.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Always a good time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

sniper4625 posted:

Always a good time.

Don't forget to traditionally bid you dark greetings

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Kinda bummed that Sabine is off the show right when she finally gets to shine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Kinda bummed that Sabine is off the show right when she finally gets to shine.

The sad thing is she's never had much of a central role on the show really. Sabine's always been the extra tag-along for everyone else's missions/jobs/personal issues, so it's not really surprising or much of a loss if she goes. Even Zeb's had more character development facing off against Special Agent Kallus over his extinct species.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Boy, it seems like the rise of the Empire and the stuff with Satine and Maul really did a number on Mandalorian culture. They're basically unrecognisable from the pacifists we saw in The Clone Wars.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

Boy, it seems like the rise of the Empire and the stuff with Satine and Maul really did a number on Mandalorian culture. They're basically unrecognisable from the pacifists we saw in The Clone Wars.

It seems they're keeping some elements of ancient Mandalorian history from old EU, which could lead us to infer a situation where the TCW Satine Mandos were a paradigm-shifting movement against a traumatic past and Rebels Mandos would be a return to their ancient warrior roots in dark times, each representing different political currents and populations.

Do we know what Clan Wren was doing during TCW? Were they ever pro-Satine? It would be interesting if they were Death Watch.

Gar Saxon was probably always an rear end in a top hat, though.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Pretty sure they've mentioned they were Death Watch.

e: Yep, they were part of House Vizla.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Pretty sure they've mentioned they were Death Watch.

Clan Wren is under House Vizla so probably.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pops Mgee posted:

Clan Wren is under House Vizla so probably.

No, it's a fact. Part of Sabine meeting the Mandalorians on that broken planet was them going "Sabine WREN?! SHE'S loving DEATHWATCH! :argh:" while she tried to explain it was her mother who was in Deathwatch, not her.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sabine and her mother wear Nite Owl style helmets, which was the elite unit run by Satine's sister Bo in Death Watch

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
With this and the Droid Commander heading off into the sunset to find more resources they seem to be setting up for the Rebels to pull off one hell of a bullshit surprise reinforcement when Thrawn finally finds them.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Next episode is a Kallus one, and he looks like he's struggling

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It just struck me that it's odd no Rebel's characters are in Galaxy of Heroes (the fairly fun and not as evil as most mobile games unless you want to get into high level competitive play). There are Clone Wars characters like Cade Bane, Ashoka and Fiver, but no Sabine, Kanaan, Kallus or whoever.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

sniper4625 posted:

Always a good time.
I know that book is dumb as hell, and I know some of the rough outline, but what's with that dude's tiny neck blaster? Is it an earring?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Woebin posted:

I know that book is dumb as hell, and I know some of the rough outline, but what's with that dude's tiny neck blaster? Is it an earring?

Yes. Blaster Earrings are all the rage among Moffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

sniper4625 posted:

Always a good time.

I'm the spiked epulauts.

• Locked thread