Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Does anyone have an issue whereby you first turn on your console and it cannot get internet access? I have to quickly unplug the ethernet cable from my console and then put it back in before it connects. Otherwise it just doesn't get an IP address.

As mentioned try a new patch cable. If that doesn't fix it, try a different port on your router. If that doesn't work, then either your bone is hosed up, or your router is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Does anyone have an issue whereby you first turn on your console and it cannot get internet access? I have to quickly unplug the ethernet cable from my console and then put it back in before it connects. Otherwise it just doesn't get an IP address.

Check your router or ISP.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I'm looking for a chill controller game to play after sweaty PC FPSing. Im burnt on diablo3 and I know, I know, bloodborne, but I've never played a Souls game and every time I watch gameplay I feel like I would get bored. I tried For Honor, it was cool but not chill enough really.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Bloodborne or the souls are not very chill i'd say. They're all pretty tense, at least on the first playthrough. I usually go for rpgs or something when i want to lean back and chill through a game. Ff15? Maybe DQ builders? The witcher?

E: the witness is very good and laid back if you like puzzle games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

FF15 is a chill fuckin game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Shantae!

Shantae is pretty chill. I've only played 1/2 Genie Hero, but it's fun and cute and not too hard.

Soulsgames are some of the best action games, but they are not chill.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Shantae!

Shantae is pretty chill. I've only played 1/2 Genie Hero, but it's fun and cute and not too hard.

Soulsgames are some of the best action games, but they are not chill.

play pirate curse for the real deal difficulty. back half of that game is tough and great

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

play pirate curse for the real deal difficulty. back half of that game is tough and great

But is it chill?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The haunted level and final dungeon are very not chill

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

The haunted level and final dungeon are very not chill

We're looking for games for the chillstation 4 now, sir. Take your very not chill stuff elsewhere.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

EDF is chill as gently caress in a diablo way until you play on hardest or inferno difficulty

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

FF15 is a chill fuckin game.
I can second this. Especially the first half of the game where you're roadtripping around. The rest of the game wasn't very fun in my opinion, but the roadtrip sim is great fun and generally pretty relaxing. I can also confirm that Souls games are not chill at loving all. I keep trying to like them but good goddamn can I ever not stand a single one of them I've played. I wouldn't mind getting a Monster Hunter game on a nice big screen though.

Dairy Queen Builders seems pretty good, and I'd imagine really any JRPGish thing would be a good chill option. I'm pretty interested to hear what other ideas people have, because almost none of the PS4 games on our shelf are chill and I only really have the motivation to play chill games these days myself.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Bombadilillo posted:

Yakuza 0 is really fun. Enjoying the B gangster movie in Japanese story so far. What other games are available in english?

Yakuza Kiwami, a remake of the original game is coming out this summer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eezee posted:

Yakuza Kiwami, a remake of the original game is coming out this summer.

And the new game is out like 6 months after that

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Welp then I really should step up and play 0 before they start rolling remakes and new games then. I watched a bit of a LP of 0 and gives me Saints Row 2/3 vibes with wacky japanese stuff and I like that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its like if river city ransom had 30 minute riveting dramatic cutscenes and the side activities of a shenmue game.

its not really an open world game as much as a run all over 4-6 blocks of a city game beating people up for money to buy new techniques.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Its like if river city ransom had 30 minute riveting dramatic cutscenes and the side activities of a shenmue game.

That might have just sold me on the game actually.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Everyone saying Titanfall2 is excellent is correct!
I have even gone back and tried to get a few more collectibles before the month ends.

Next month my PS4 will probably see no action. I cannot think of any RTS style games on it :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i bought it and nioh at the same time and i had to stop playing nioh and focus on yakuza nonstop because the dual track story, which takes about 9 chapters to start coming together, is absolutely gripping if you like mob movies and the side activites are all really funny and don't feel like a waste of time at all. its the best game i've played recently and the ending is epic with like 45 minutes of scenes to make it all worth while and get you ready for the next game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I have even gone back and tried to get a few more collectibles before the month ends.

Next month my PS4 will probably see no action. I cannot think of any RTS style games on it :(

tropico 5

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Real hurthling! posted:

its not really an open world game as much as a run all over 4-6 blocks of a city game beating people up for money to buy new techniques.

I think its a good balance so far between open world but not Ubisoft icon vomit map open world.

Plus wacky Japanese.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

OH yes! And that was PS Plus too so I already own it! :D Thanks!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Thanks. Also it seems starting a video and then stopping it doesn't count either. I guess I won't deliberately try any more for that trophy then.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

I think its a good balance so far between open world but not Ubisoft icon vomit map open world.

Plus wacky Japanese.

I kinda wish they put more icons on the map for the properties you can buy in the business side venture

I'm sure it was OK in Japan to go and find the spots that you would need to buy, but when all they give you is the translated name of the shop and all the street signs are Japanese, that's just a bit of an issue that you can only resolve by obsessively humping walls looking for a "BUY" prompt to show up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

I kinda wish they put more icons on the map for the properties you can buy in the business side venture

I'm sure it was OK in Japan to go and find the spots that you would need to buy, but when all they give you is the translated name of the shop and all the street signs are Japanese, that's just a bit of an issue that you can only resolve by obsessively humping walls looking for a "BUY" prompt to show up.

Haven't gotten to that part. Sounds lame. The map has street names. Do you get close and then have to deal with it?

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Does this mean you are gonna get really into starcraft 2?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

VideoGames posted:

A PS4 getting no love in the month of Nier Automata makes no sense to me.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

I gotta admit, Automata didn't grab me when I played the demo. I'm not sure why, seems like my kind of game generally.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wendell posted:

A PS4 getting no love in the month of Nier Automata makes no sense to me.

video games is only playing strategy games in march.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807097

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Meldonox posted:

I gotta admit, Automata didn't grab me when I played the demo. I'm not sure why, seems like my kind of game generally.

For some reason I'm there with you. The art style is cool, I love Plat games, etc...but I completely bounced off the demo and now have zero interest in buying the full game.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Digirat posted:

video games is only playing strategy games in march.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807097

Oh, thank you.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

Haven't gotten to that part. Sounds lame. The map has street names. Do you get close and then have to deal with it?
I meant street signs as in the shop signs advertising the business on the street.

You get the business name and the region that its in on the map and that's about it.

It's a bit easier for Majima since Sotenbori is a smaller map, but there's a ton business in weird nooks for Kiryu in Kamurocho.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rezogun in 4k hdr is really cool

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Fingers McGee posted:

I'm looking for a chill controller game to play after sweaty PC FPSing. Im burnt on diablo3 and I know, I know, bloodborne, but I've never played a Souls game and every time I watch gameplay I feel like I would get bored. I tried For Honor, it was cool but not chill enough really.

Dragon. Quest. Builders.

I can't think of a chiller game i've played in months.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wendell posted:

Oh, thank you.

Yes. I am going for a set gaming year. It has been really fun working within these constraints. I've played a lot of games I might never have touched! And completed one in a few weeks which barely happens any more.

I would love to get nier at some point but I'd like to finish the first one first. I don't have a PS3 any more though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Yakuza 0 side missions. The ones where I tell a band or a dominatrix what to say. Is there wrong answers for these? If so am I missing out by getting it hilariously wrong?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

Yakuza 0 side missions. The ones where I tell a band or a dominatrix what to say. Is there wrong answers for these? If so am I missing out by getting it hilariously wrong?
In some of those you get a better or worse reward depending on how you respond but I dunno about that one. I recommend going tsundere all the way.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Have you guys thought about how strong this year has been for video games?

Resident Evil 7
came out and proved itself to be a very strong shift in the right direction for RE/Survival Horror.

Gravity Rush 2 was at leats decent and managed to conclude the story of Kat.

Yakuza 0 was amazing (haven't gotten to it yet, but I've played the first 4 games)

Nioh has proven that From Software isn't the only one good at making souls-like games.

Nier isn't out yet, but we already have impressions from the demo, and it will be kick rear end.

Persona 5
: enough said.

HD remaster of FFXII (with international job system): Great for rpg lovers.

Dark Souls 3 will get its final DLC next month. We can only hope it's better than AoA

I'm sure we're waiting for more impressions on Horizon, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Ghost Recon, Prey, but they all have the chance to be really decent or great.

South Park: Fractured Butthole probably won't disappoint, so if you liked the first, chances are it's more of the same.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is supposedly a 2017 release.

For multiplayer stuff, Siege continues another year, For Honor might satisfy, and Battlefield will likely keep entertained with DLC maps this year. Battlefront 2 has a lot to overcome, but if they learned what went wrong with the first game... Titanfall is limping right now, but hopefully they do strong map releases after the crummy 'livefire' patch.

But really, we have a very strong Q1-Q2. Q3 kind of looks pretty empty, but there could be some surprise release/announcements with E3.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 20, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
"South Park: Fractured Butthole"

Great title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The DS3 DLC is March not Feb