Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Anyone know how soon you'll be able to download the OST?

My guess is that they'll get all the post-campaign digital rewards out in a similar time-frame, here's what Feargus said about the Tyranny coupons (and he's said similar things in response to queries about other rewards iirc) in Fig comments:

quote:

We are going to get our backer site up very soon (hopefully this week), and then we will need to pull everyone's info over from FIG after the campaign. I'm giving us two weeks after the campaign to make that happen, but I'm hoping it will be done sooner rather than. So, latest should be the week of March 13th.

e: This is for the pillars 1+WM OST, no idea about the Pillars 2 OST

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leinadi posted:

The company that handled voiceacting for Vampire: Bloodlines, KOTOR2, Mask of the Betrayer among others.

I also hope that they switch it up from the PoE voiceacting. It was... passable but didn't add anything for the most part (with a few exceptions), and Tyranny's voiceacting was downright bad I think.

I'll just be happy if we can avoid horrible sibilance issues.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I could see it just squeaking into the 3.25 million stretch goal, but I wonder what the mysterious 3.5 million stretch goal could be.

:allears:

Power Bottom posted:

It bothers me that bandits don't gently caress off from the lands of Caed Nua completely if you get your Security up to 50+. I hope there are tangible benefits to having POE2's Stronghold swole as gently caress beyond income being less likely to be stolen.

Maybe when you get security maxxxed out you're unable to import that character into the sequel. :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Welp they've hit 3 million, and if I recall the explanation correctly we all get to go on a picnic with ropekid now, right?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:toot:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I could see it just squeaking into the 3.25 million stretch goal, but I wonder what the mysterious 3.5 million stretch goal could be.

:allears:

Maybe when you get security maxxxed out you're unable to import that character into the sequel. :)

I don't see them getting the next stretch goal tbh

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oh and in reference to the responses to my earlier questions, I'm playing on path of the damned mode, so there's 3 of the giant golem things and I think it's got level scaling enabled? For some reason the St Ydwens redeemer won't trigger on the big guys, even though they're vessels.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

tithin posted:

:toot:

I don't see them getting the next stretch goal tbh

Ladies and gentlemen: prepare the shipping charts.

Also, I can see them getting to $3.25M, but I don't think much beyond that. There's usually a big upswing near the end of the campaign, which could push them to that point. Either way, I'm glad that the $3M mark was hit, since the deeper relationships were what I was keenly interested in.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Vermain posted:

Also, I can see them getting to $3.25M, but I don't think much beyond that. There's usually a big upswing near the end of the campaign, which could push them to that point. Either way, I'm glad that the $3M mark was hit, since the deeper relationships were what I was keenly interested in.

question is, will slacker backer stuff count with for stretch goals?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

question is, will slacker backer stuff count with for stretch goals?

My offhand guess is "no," just because you have to, at some point during development, firmly pin down exactly what you're making and how you're going to get it done in the allotted time. That admittedly depends on how ambitious the remaining stretch goals are. Being six+ months into development and suddenly getting a slacker backer milestone for something like the Companion Relationships system complicates things dramatically, but I could see it if it's something like sidekicks (since they're simply making use of existing systems and just require money for more writing time/VAing).

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm going to confidently predict 3.5 million. I still don't get fig funds, but they supposedly have 2 million in total just from those, waiting to clear.

Also predicting that you travel around in a normal-rear end ship, and the 3.5 stretch goal will be to make it upgradeable. That or another companion, bringing the total up to the 8 of the first game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

2house2fly posted:

I'm going to confidently predict 3.5 million. I still don't get fig funds, but they supposedly have 2 million in total just from those, waiting to clear.

Also predicting that you travel around in a normal-rear end ship, and the 3.5 stretch goal will be to make it upgradeable. That or another companion, bringing the total up to the 8 of the first game.

I was hoping our stronghold would be the ship or the vastly superior suggestion of a turtle with a fortress on its back.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i dreamed of eder and aloth last night.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
:siren: :siren: Goon Fund Update :siren: :siren:

I'm still missing the wires from the following people:

* Angstrom Gothington
* Basic Chunnel
* Litany Unheard
* Nasgate
* Cirofren
* Jet Jaguar
* Damienz

Because of these missing pledges I have collected only ~$350 out of the 600ish that was pledged.

Also I received some money from people who didn't give me their SA username so I have no loving idea who they are. If you wired money but haven't heard from me, make sure you show up on the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WEsUoXqnsjfN-LpGk1U3R3bQQNJx557bKnZhWUyEe8w/edit#gid=608799964

Always remind me your username and transaction idea and contact me in MP or at furism@gmail.com.

We have only 4 days left it'd be great if we don't gently caress this up in typical Goon fashion.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

tithin posted:

Oh and in reference to the responses to my earlier questions, I'm playing on path of the damned mode, so there's 3 of the giant golem things and I think it's got level scaling enabled? For some reason the St Ydwens redeemer won't trigger on the big guys, even though they're vessels.

I think for the proc to work you have to be within a certain level range of the monster, what level are you?

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

On sidekicks info. Storm folk? New human sub race?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vermain posted:

Can Eder and Iselmyr have an S support?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Scorchy posted:

I think for the proc to work you have to be within a certain level range of the monster, what level are you?
unless they changed it you specifically have to be a higher level than the enemy

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Vermain posted:

My offhand guess is "no," just because you have to, at some point during development, firmly pin down exactly what you're making and how you're going to get it done in the allotted time. That admittedly depends on how ambitious the remaining stretch goals are. Being six+ months into development and suddenly getting a slacker backer milestone for something like the Companion Relationships system complicates things dramatically, but I could see it if it's something like sidekicks (since they're simply making use of existing systems and just require money for more writing time/VAing).

Feargus mentioned in the comments that they're going to have a cutoff date for slacker backer pledges counting towards the stretch goal and backer-specific rewards. I assume a lot of it depends on the ambitiousness of their stretch goals.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

2house2fly posted:

The 3 million we see now includes 1.49 fig funds. Those seem to be getting released at a pace to stay even with the backer pledges. So there are .51 million to come. Given that and the way that crowdfunding typically is a U shape, I think we'll easily clear 4 million and might reach 4.5.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
spend less on figs

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
3 million is being spent on romances, everything earned through figs from here on out goes to the rest of the game

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
It's interesting how important perception is. One of the last Fig campaigns I looked at really really annoyed me that they cleared their goal with like 95% fig funds on the first day. But I'm ok with this 50/50 split they've been doing with Pillars even though I know in the back of my head it comes to the same in the end.

I wonder if they'll keep it up or just dump all the remaining backup funds on the last day or what.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Furism posted:

Also I received some money from people who didn't give me their SA username so I have no loving idea who they are. If you wired money but haven't heard from me, make sure you show up on the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WEsUoXqnsjfN-LpGk1U3R3bQQNJx557bKnZhWUyEe8w/edit#gid=608799964

Always remind me your username and transaction idea and contact me in MP or at furism@gmail.com.

We have only 4 days left it'd be great if we don't gently caress this up in typical Goon fashion.
If you received $5 at any point, that was me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Were we expecting an update today?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
aloth you

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Were we expecting an update today?

Probably not. Their office is closed for the holiday.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
seems dumb not to have pre-written some of the updates when there's 5 days left in the campaign

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

everyone's sleeping in

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
lazy devs dont u know you work for me now that i pledged 3 dollars to your fig

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Only two more dollars and you get an exclusive forum badge!

e:from fig comments

Feargus Urquhart posted:

:) - We made it. You'll have to give us a little time to get the next stuff up. Things went a bit faster this weekend than we thought, and tomorrow is a holiday. However, we will get everyone update soon.

quote:

Thanks so much for all the support!
Front page (About tab) is updated. I am not sure if we will get an official update out by tomorrow or not. It might be Tuesday. And, that's all for Feargus tonight. He's tired.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 20, 2017

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I want an adorable space pig. I would pay a frankly shameful amount for that as an add-on.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

CottonWolf posted:

I want an adorable space pig. I would pay a frankly shameful amount for that as an add-on.

Would you pay 500 for a pig plushie?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Chairchucker posted:

Would you pay 500 for a pig plushie?

Alas, no. My desire for pig-based goods is not quite that strong.

Plus I actively don't want all the other stuff that comes with that tier. I don't know where I'd put it all. Naming a pet would be entertaining though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Was there a sudden surge in backing these past few days? It's seemed pretty stable to me, idk how they'd get caught flat-footed with 5 days to go.

thewart
Dec 7, 2016

Basic Chunnel posted:

Was there a sudden surge in backing these past few days? It's seemed pretty stable to me, idk how they'd get caught flat-footed with 5 days to go.

Backing rates have been faster for the last few days than it was, say, a week ago. The big boost was about $120k in investments. So Obsidian probably does not actually know when the investments get approved.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
PoE was one of those games that took me forever to finally pick up, but of course now I am hooked. Question though:

What do you do with Pellegina to make her a good tank? Eder is my main tank, but it seems like Pellegina ends up absorbing like 3x the damage. Do you just load her up with heavy armor and a shield? That seems like a waste of her talents, but otherwise even with a DR10 armor she can't quite standup in the frontline.

I seem to have more luck with loading up Kana with armor and a shield and just using his chants, but I feel like I am missing something with Pellegina.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

thewart posted:

Backing rates have been faster for the last few days than it was, say, a week ago. The big boost was about $120k in investments. So Obsidian probably does not actually know when the investments get approved.

Feargus has said repeatedly that investment approval is done entirely on Fig's end, and that he's deliberately out of the loop.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

PoE was one of those games that took me forever to finally pick up, but of course now I am hooked. Question though:

What do you do with Pellegina to make her a good tank? Eder is my main tank, but it seems like Pellegina ends up absorbing like 3x the damage. Do you just load her up with heavy armor and a shield? That seems like a waste of her talents, but otherwise even with a DR10 armor she can't quite standup in the frontline.

I seem to have more luck with loading up Kana with armor and a shield and just using his chants, but I feel like I am missing something with Pellegina.
Pallegina is more of an off-tank. You can spec her to absorb damage but she can't be a linebacker like Eder can, or any other fighter for that matter. Remember that fighters and chanters have passive endurance regen - if Eder is specced as a tank he can easily regen more health than he loses, up until the point at which he's truly mobbed.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Lockback posted:

What do you do with Pellegina to make her a good tank?

Give her Veteran's Recovery. In fact, that's my main recommendation for anyone whose frontliners die too often. It's such a good talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Enchant her armor with Resolve (I had her in this for most of the game) and find something with a good Deflection score to give her; with her passive included, she'll end up with something like 110-120 Deflection in the late game.

• Locked thread