Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

If the TOS includes provisions that bar refunds and also allows them to close accounts at any time for any reason, why aren't they just closing the accounts of the people they no longer want involved in the community and keeping the money like the TOS says they can instead of banning them AND giving back their money?

When you think about it they're rewarding leavers with their money and punishing the whales by squeezing them harder to pay for refunds.

Those poor whales.

Makes for a better sob story in 6 months or a year when they have to weepingly broadcast the final episode of Around the Verse and tell everyone the money is gone (sorry guys I guess you just don't care enough about saving pc gaming)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:rock: PAGE OF THE DEVIL! :rock:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:iiam:

:patriot:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Look reddit, they're not compiling feedback or bug reports. If there's gonna be a 2.6.2 schedule it will be announced with the new CONCEPT SALE

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
All hail

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world to buy a JPEG

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:rock: PAGE OF THE DEVIL! :rock:

Nu-uh

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

:yarg:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hail Satan

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Hmmmm....Asian......fan of kickstarted designer belts.....has inside info.

Things are starting to add up about MOMA here.

He's trolling all the people who actually believe he works for CIG?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hail Satan!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Wait they included MegaMap in the latest patch ? So can someone finally tell me what MegaMap is ?

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
Hail Satanball!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sappo569 posted:

Wait they included MegaMap in the latest patch ? So can someone finally tell me what MegaMap is ?

Basically, Morrowind.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Also pages ago but those little symbols people put on their twitter profiles to support cig , aren't those usually reserved for legitimate social causes or things that need awareness ?

Like a cancer ribbon or what have you

Not for the multi national corporation with 140+ million dollars

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
emptyposting on page 666

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

He's trolling all the people who actually believe he works for CIG?

MoMA doesn't work for CIG. CIG refactored the employment contracts and brought-in self-employed personnel. MoMA works for himself :gary:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Challenge CIG. I double-dog (Leagle) dare you.

The last time such a challenge was issued over the ToS, it didn't work out so well. Since then, refunds remain an on-going event.

But don't you worry though, I'm sure the challenge is coming. Just try not to disappear when it does; like the last time.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

So none of it is on the mental ineptitude of the person himself/herself or from parenting, but it's CIG's fault someone is impressionable?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Space Crabs posted:

didn't actually think you would double down on something so stupid but thanks for the late christmas present I guess

"Give me a refund"
"NO"
"Give me a refund"
"NO"
"Hey guys it's the district attorney why haven't you refunded this guy yet"
"WE ALREADY DID REFUND HIM, ITS A COINCIDENCE AND HAPPENED JUST NOW"

no compulsion at all. Nope. None.

Stop spreading FUD. They did it out of pure goodness of their stone-cold hearts :grin:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tippis posted:

If they suggested that in court, they'd have a hell of a time explaining to… oh… the entire EU (and most likely a number of other places) why they're charging VAT. Insinuating that you're insolvent or that you're committing securities fraud while as part of your legal argument is pretty darn bad; suggesting that you've committed EU-wide VAT fraud on the order of tens of millions of dollars is even worse. :D

And that's before we even get into the whole business of being a registered charity or similar organisation that can actually receive that kind of donation, or the whole business of their very clearly promising the “pledgers” services and goods in return for, and (supposedly) commensurate to those pledges purchases.

I agree it's pants-on-head stupid, but my point was that they're pretending to get donations rather than pretending to hold pawned items.

"You're making a donation, not a purchase" is the argument failed Kickstarters have always made in court, with varying degrees of success. In the US, anybody is allowed to collect donations, it's just that the only cases where you can use those donations as tax deductions are when they are made to appropriately registered charities. Making a donation to CIG, if anybody was stupid enough to actually do it, would be indistinguishable legally from giving a panhandler a dollar. Of course, buying jpgs from CIG is not in any way making a donation to them, no matter how much they pretend it is.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
¡Salve Satanas!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

The last time such a challenge was issued over the ToS, it didn't work out so well. Since then, refunds remain an on-going event.

But don't you worry though, I'm sure the challenge is coming. Just try not to disappear when it does; like the last time.

I'm a bit reluctant to ask for a timeline. Would I be safe in saying .. oh... 90 days??

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm a bit reluctant to ask for a timeline. Would I be safe in saying .. oh... 90 days??

14 days you fool

Don't anger him or he will lesnick you

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yo devils.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:masterstroke:

I can legit see Chris going out in a Kurt Cobain style fashion

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Derek's eyebrows, I can't, I'm dying

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's me, I'm the one posting in support of an unfinished game that's 27 months past estimated release date, giving a guy poo poo because the company I gave $8k to hasn't gone bust yet.

"Don't you feel silly they forced you to take your money back and they still have mine?"

:tif:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
NEVER FORGET!!!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

From what I've heard, loading a singleplayer module now takes 2 seconds instead of 4. Real MegaMap was delayed again to 2.6.2.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sappo569 posted:

MegaMap is the name for some sort of map-streaming technology that only loads whatever is close to you and will let you transition between the different modes of play instantly. MegaMap is "in" but it is not used to transition between the different modes of play and the maps are loaded in their entirety when you play.

So, MegaMap is in, but not its main features. I hope that helps.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/833755130591924226

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

NEVER FORGET!!!

Do you ever get tired of sucking your own dick?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

This is good for the game development because

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/tnolin/status/809888273011064832

Adbot