Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pander posted:

for literally the reason I just gave: if I saw it on a brief glance through the guy who just died, you bet your rear end the scum did.

Now there's WIFOM about targeting you at night.

It would only be obvious after Tobbs flip, meaning they would have to be rereading. Lots of people are lazy and don't reread, this is MORE common with scum but not exclusive to them. You've just done their work for them. I'm trying to decide if you are being genuine in your reasoning right now, or if you were worried a scum buddy that for some reason wasn't in the doc very much would miss it and wanted to point it out for them.

Not to mention, you knew MY thoughts on claiming from the post you quoted, and took away that agency. Your post contained an opinion you could have shared when I gotcha'd someone later if you really felt it was important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pander posted:

Nah. No way the scum don't hunt for a breadcrumb and get it. The only people who would throw shade on KB would be idiot townies, which might lead to mislynches.

You have a really high opinion of scum. Is it because you are one? :)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Dick Bastardly posted:

If you have to guess at what blue planet aligned is, then I guess you aren't blue planet aligned.

##vote MMT

I don't see this either, please point out what you mean.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyway, since the jig is up anyway, this was me pointing out that pera lied about her claim:

King Burgundy posted:

I really don't see how pera is town at this point. So I'll vote her whenever we are ready since she's already at -2.

There is something off about her claim.

You can see from Tobbs flip why I knew there was a problem. I am curious how she came up with that for her fake claim though. Is it a real power from FF4 or something?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

Anyway, since the jig is up anyway, this was me pointing out that pera lied about her claim:

You can see from Tobbs flip why I knew there was a problem. I am curious how she came up with that for her fake claim though. Is it a real power from FF4 or something?

In the remake Golbez and FuSoYa also use twin meteor (because it was oddly translated from double meteor). It's during a little cutscene just before the last boss.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

guys, I'm reading IS but I don't get what breadcrumb Pander is talking about and while it may not actually matter anymore, it's really bothering me since I know FF4 and still didn't see anything obvious

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'd still go with voting MMT today btw. I also thought that "Blue planet" moment was odd before, so here it is for those who were asking:

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe that Rarity is telling the truth about being Leviathan - the question that raises is what that makes her alignment.

I would guess that blue planet is town, (moon something?) is scum, and that monsters from the Land of Summons are their own separate thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

guys, I'm reading IS but I don't get what breadcrumb Pander is talking about and while it may not actually matter anymore, it's really bothering me since I know FF4 and still didn't see anything obvious

rofl. See Pander?

King Burgundy posted:

Yes, wonder twin powers, activate! Form of S C U M H U N T E R.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Let's be pals this game KB, we can pore over scummy posts together.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Dick Bastardly posted:

If you have to guess at what blue planet aligned is, then I guess you aren't blue planet aligned.

##vote MMT

I wasn't guessing about blue planet, I was guessing about the Land of Summons.

Is that really not abundantly clear?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

rofl. See Pander?

oh, I saw YOURS obviously, I just didn't see anything in IS' posts :v:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

This is the response I was most ok with. Yes, they make more sense. I still don't see why you would have justified a vote for Inf based on them, but I can at least sort of get you here. I thought the place Pig said he was loving with people by making the choices on the nose for that game though was in the observer doc you claim to have read, but willing to let that piece slide. However, in some ways the rest makes it worse for me. Like you were trying to find an easy case to latch onto and mua ha ha ha'd when you saw that Inf was pushing things in a way that gave you an easy case.

Put yourself in my shoes.

It's the start of d1. An event happens, you think you see something, you throw out a barely-out-of-jokephase vote on Infi based on what you see. In return, you get this:

Infintum posted:

Soooooo your bringing previous game knowledge into this game, assumes it's gonna work the same way this time, and are voting me based on how the game worked last time?

MMT I've seen some dumbass lovely votes in my time man, but fuckin hell mate.

Scum also admitted in FF3 mafs that they preferred the safe options because it meant they didn't stand out, so what even is your point.

---

Trying to decide if MMT is dumbass town, or trying to manufacture a dialogue against me.

Like I gave everyone the easy out option of voting me if this turns out bad... Yet he votes me early and chooses not to vote D anyway.

Leaning scum more than dumb atm.
Bringing up previous game minigame voting meta was reaaaaal dumb tho

---

You used meta from a previous game, that wasn't even posting meta, to vote me.

Like legit have a look at your own argument mate. Even if I was scum, your vote doesn't even hold water.

Yes, I got annoyed at Infinitum jumping on that because to me, it was a way over-the-top reaction to what was initially a pretty "derf derf" vote for Infi. And yes, I replied with "You seem awfully nervous about a single vote cast against you early on D1." because I was frustrated at his reply.

But holy poo poo the people who are trying to spin that as me legitimately believing Infinitum was scum / trying to whip up momentum on him are either completely misreading the situation or scum trying to make my posts look worse than they actually were.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote MMT

##vote DB

There's no way he could have read my post re: alignments and thought I was trying to "guess what blue planet aligned" was. This is scum jumping on a bandwagon.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Put yourself in my shoes.

It's the start of d1. An event happens, you think you see something, you throw out a barely-out-of-jokephase vote on Infi based on what you see. In return, you get this:

Yes, I got annoyed at Infinitum jumping on that because to me, it was a way over-the-top reaction to what was initially a pretty "derf derf" vote for Infi. And yes, I replied with "You seem awfully nervous about a single vote cast against you early on D1." because I was frustrated at his reply.

But holy poo poo the people who are trying to spin that as me legitimately believing Infinitum was scum / trying to whip up momentum on him are either completely misreading the situation or scum trying to make my posts look worse than they actually were.

Are you going to respond to the rest?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Are you going to respond to the rest?

quote:

Man, this could not be a more false/shifting of goalposts style post. Just to be clear, are you saying that my reason for voting you consists of only your initial vote for Inf post? Because to answer your question, it could not be any more obvious that I have other reasons for voting you, as has been spelled out in multiple posts. I'd love for you to support this post with anything. Because you can't and it will be amusing to watch you try.

When I say "the first vote of the game" I'm referring to the complete interaction with Infinitum. I still think that line of conversation - yes, the vote and the followup - was a minor thing that people jumped on / misread / spun negatively.

Do you have reasons for voting me that aren't directly related to that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

When I say "the first vote of the game" I'm referring to the complete interaction with Infinitum. I still think that line of conversation - yes, the vote and the followup - was a minor thing that people jumped on / misread / spun negatively.

Do you have reasons for voting me that aren't directly related to that?

Hahahahahah.

Do I have any reasons for voting you that aren't related to the thing that the majority of your content is about? What is that, like 3 posts I could examine at that point? Is this really what you are trying to argue now?

Barring some amazing claim stuff or someone literally scum claiming, don't think I'm moving my vote today. I'm sorry you rolled scum MMT. I know you were probably super excited to be scum with pera, so really sad for you two.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote DB

There's no way he could have read my post re: alignments and thought I was trying to "guess what blue planet aligned" was. This is scum jumping on a bandwagon.

This is an interesting point. Hm.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Hahahahahah.

Do I have any reasons for voting you that aren't related to the thing that the majority of your content is about? What is that, like 3 posts I could examine at that point? Is this really what you are trying to argue now?

Barring some amazing claim stuff or someone literally scum claiming, don't think I'm moving my vote today. I'm sorry you rolled scum MMT. I know you were probably super excited to be scum with pera, so really sad for you two.

Sure. What's you opinion of DB's vote on me?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMT, do you feel similarly about Lumpen who appears to share DB's opinion?

Lumpen posted:

I just read MMT, despite knowing that Pander is Scum and should be lynched today.

This early post is worded in such a way that I don't think it comes from a Town Mind. Someone with a Town PM just doesn'tthe words "I would guess that blue planet is town". So I suspect MMT is likely... "(moon something?)" aligned, lol. As was said by Tobbs, the upshot of this is also 3P hunting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Sure. What's you opinion of DB's vote on me?

There is nothing good about DB's content this game, he could be scum, yes.

Horrible vote from a scum buddy who wants to be on the bandwagon early for cred since he sees which way the wind is blowing?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

MMT, do you feel similarly about Lumpen who appears to share DB's opinion?

Lumpen has at least put out an original read on Pander with reasons that seem like they come from someone reading the game so I can see where he might have thought what he said about me, even if it's incorrect.

DB's only alignment calls this game were on pera after it was clear she was getting lynched, and on me after Lumpen's post. And the wording of his vote for me was more of a blatant misrepresentation of what I was saying - I don't believe it sounds like an organic opinion.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

KB what is your opinion of me. not in the game. just, personally.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

*casually reveals ultima tome*

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

KB what is your opinion of me. not in the game. just, personally.

You rock.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

Lumpen has at least put out an original read on Pander with reasons that seem like they come from someone reading the game so I can see where he might have thought what he said about me, even if it's incorrect.

DB's only alignment calls this game were on pera after it was clear she was getting lynched, and on me after Lumpen's post. And the wording of his vote for me was more of a blatant misrepresentation of what I was saying - I don't believe it sounds like an organic opinion.

Hm that's a pretty decent answer. I will have DB join you in your scum electron probability cloud.

Looking back on DB again I didn't like this post of his either, trying to back up pera not wanting to claim:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Inf, really?

A lot can happen in 13 hours that doesn't involve pera full claiming and allowing scum morsel of intel.

Then he walked it back literally 2 minutes later, apparently after receiving the revelation of "If you get lynched your role will flip anyway so what are you worried about?"

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is actually a good point, nevermind. I guess it's foolish to think pera is anything but doomed at this point.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I have read the two posts quoted by Bif, of DB, the only two posts of his that I will read, and determined (through psychology) that he is a villain, and he will die. done deal.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Please if I was scum with pera I would have absolutely been around at day end to try to help her out. I wouldn't have sat back and not given a poo poo.

On the other hand, generally when you're town you're invested in hunting for scum and right now your two main cases (Asii for "manufactured content" and Bif for leaving her vote on you while casing me/pera/Rarity) seem kind of lacking.

Who's your strongest read right now?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i can guarantee with 100 percent certainty that quid is town

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Please if I was scum with pera I would have absolutely been around at day end to try to help her out. I wouldn't have sat back and not given a poo poo.

This is a weakass defense and I don't believe it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pander posted:

for literally the reason I just gave: if I saw it on a brief glance through the guy who just died, you bet your rear end the scum did.

Now there's WIFOM about targeting you at night.
can you quote where she did that? I've been putting off reading her because she already seems doomed regardless, and she's written a lot.

Asiina: that interaction you had about quidnose seems off yesterday. Scum slips usually don't 'ping', that change in terminology from scum slip to ping seems like you knew you were wrong but were afraid to back down after being called out. Kinda dishonest read.

:psyduck:

Why, if you see a breadcrumb would you point it out? What is wrong with you?

Also what are you even talking about with my reaction to quidnose?

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

GulagDolls posted:

i can guarantee with 100 percent certainty that quid is town

Hrm.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In other news booyah gut call right again!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am the KB whisperer.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hahah, if you flip town. :)

Also, you wanted to call me scum at first. So takes you awhile to get it right.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Hahah, if you flip town. :)

Also, you wanted to call me scum at first. So takes you awhile to get it right.

Your phrasing was definitely weird, but also it was to push you to post more and then you did.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Glad calling out pera for her poo poo was 100% the right thing to do :toot:

Can't wait to read scumdoc later to see someone go "loving CLAIM ALREADY YOU IDIOT" :v:

Quoting for posterity

peramene posted:

Let me be perfectly loving clear about something. The day I get my hand on a loving scumdoc? I'm 100% in charge. D1, I'm going all-tactical, analyzing every single motherfucker in the game, their relationships to one another, every scrap of joke phase because every loving post matters, and my loving PEONS will kneel before me because they'll loving know exactly who they're dealing with because I'll give them a strategy that gets us lynching townies faster than you've ever seen before. No one will question my rule as - hell, it'll be FFX by then - I rise as Sin and destroy whatever bullshit name they gave to the world Yuna was born on (X2 was better - fight me) Instead, HERE WE ARE, once a-loving-gain. The sole solace I take is that I'll grab 7/7 wins easy but I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking.

:allears:

ANYWAY

##vote MMT

My D1 pick. I'll make a much bigger case for him later today, but he was 100% my prime scumspect D1 until the pera crap happened and he's absolutely deserving of the lynch today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Going to catch up with the day but first something that stood out to me from the end of D1

Lumpen posted:

On peramene: I am still very confident she's Scum. I find it amusing that she seems to consider herself such a fantastically convincing liar and trickster, but upon rolling Scum blows her cover in basically her first post with "~heh heh I'll definitely razzle-dazzle these rubes with some reverse psychology about how much I wish I was Scum! Ha ha! I am so clever!~" and then doubles down on almost every subsequent post. peramene, I think it is possible that the people you bamboozle in real life may not really be on the paranoid lookout for being lied to, and so may give you the benefit of the doubt, or maybe you're not any more convincing irl either but people are too polite to call you out. But here you are playing MAFIA against scarred, steely-eyed, grizzled SA Mafia veterans. In the other social games there is good strategic reason to humor you, but when you're a Scum in Mafia and try to be cute, we grind you into the dirt pitilessly and immediately.

There's something about this post that pings me in ways I think I'm going to struggle to explain. Lumpen said this when pera was at -2 and her fate was already sealed. Normally when I see Lumpen being an obnoxious and patronising dick it's because he has a goal, whether its to cause scum to slip up or to get a towny riled so they look scummy. But in this situation there was nothing left to achieve, pera was already going to be lynched. It reads like Lumpen's putting on a show of douchebaggery because he knows we expect it of him, not because he has anything to gain.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

Guess who just got back and has time to r--

Oh. Okay.

Get rekt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GulagDolls posted:

i found the posts, on page 13, and thinik they are not compelling as the continual slaying of 'weird postings'

Gulag is putting in actual effort, colour me stunned

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jonathan Fisk posted:

In seriousness all of the people voting someone other than pera at the end of yesterday are suss as hell

I disagree, I think after your vote on pera her lynch was inevitable. I reckon at that point scum started piling on to get that town cred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

Someone with a Town PM just doesn'tthe words "I would guess that blue planet is town".

Lumpen is quoting MT out of context here and it looks scummy as hell.

• Locked thread