Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Tiamat posted:

holy poo poo those ears

papillon/miniature poodle?

Great guess!
half dwarf poodle, quarter papillon, quarter chihuahua

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Are you sure there wasn't any Kowakian monkey-lizard mixed in there? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Salacious_B._Crumb/Legends

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Here's my Tarkus from wee to now at 6 months. Got him at 8 weeks and the rescue said he was Border Collie/Beagle. Wisdom Panel said differently and gave us Australian Shepherd/Foxhound/Pitbull/"various hounds". He's handsome as gently caress though and a Good Boy.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Anyone want to help with a mutt identification? I've posted about my lhasa apso/something or other here before, but she just got an extra-close haircut and so it's easier to see her body shape and coat coloring. She's a 5-year-old rescue who's been with me for about 8 months now. She has very much the lhasa personality, I'm told - strong willed but cheerful, suspicious of new sounds and smells, cautious with strangers, but sweet with family. She likes laps most of the time when she's awake, but when she naps she wants some space.At night she likes to be curled up by my feet. She also likes to carry shoes around the house and lick them. She does not shed at all and I'm not allergic to her (I'm allergic to most dogs). She weighs about 15 pounds.

Anyway, the speckles on her neck in particular don't look very lhasa to me. Any guesses on what else might be in the mix? Designer hybrids are popular around here, so I had guessed maybe a shih tzu or bichon mix, but with her fur short she looks less like either of those to me.

Grooming before and after:

Neck speckles:

Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

Second picture makes her look part Ailuropoda melanoleuca.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Hey, Mutt Thread! I was on a walk yesterday and saw the most adorable looking pup out. I snapped a photo and I was hoping you could help me identify him. Unlike every other dog in the neighborhood he doesn't bark while I walk by, just wags his tail and stares. :3:

I assume he is a mutt, I didn't find any purebreds that looked like him.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Shiba/golden retriever?? He's cute as heck either way, what a good dog.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

This is Molly.

She's a 5 month old German Shepherd cross Kelpie / Heeler / Huntaway (msybe). We adopted her from a rescue shelter a week ago having come in as a stray. She's bonded with us extremely quickly but we're trying to help her get over her nervousness and shyness around busy places and other dogs.

Here's a gif of her doing her best GSD face!

She's the best decision we've ever made!

Tomberforce fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 7, 2016

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
She is the muttiest mutt :3:

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Got our first puppy yesterday! The rescue guessed Shepard/Hound/Lab something or other. Any guesses?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Got our first puppy yesterday! The rescue guessed Shepard/Hound/Lab something or other. Any guesses?

Might have some raccoon in there. I hope you named him bandit.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Chichevache posted:

Might have some raccoon in there. I hope you named him bandit Rocket.
FTFY

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Merry Christmas from my mutt, Cooper.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Merry Christmas from my mutt, Cooper.

A dog named Cooper is the kind of dog that should wear handkerchiefs :colbert:.

Cooper is also clearly a Good Dog.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I have a dogge. Look at my dogge.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
A well-dressed dogge.

john mayer
Jan 18, 2011

Our pupper's daycare had a special Christmas party last week complete with mistletoe dog kisses and this totally non-traumatizing photoshoot:

Bonus hoop jumping...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

john mayer posted:

Our pupper's daycare had a special Christmas party last week complete with mistletoe dog kisses and this totally non-traumatizing photoshoot:

Bonus hoop jumping...

My dogs' daycare did a similar thing and we got this gem as a result:

bugg
Jan 2, 2017
This lady-like fluff butt has a Golden/Husky mom and a maybe Great Pyrenees dad...we're not 100% on that. She's 7 mo old and about 60 lbs

https://imgur.com/a/imgNc
https://imgur.com/a/53be3

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

bugg posted:

This lady-like fluff butt has a Golden/Husky mom and a maybe Great Pyrenees dad...we're not 100% on that. She's 7 mo old and about 60 lbs

https://imgur.com/a/imgNc
https://imgur.com/a/53be3

Truly an excellent mutt. :3:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

That is a great mix, I would believe it. I know a bernese mountain dog/golden retriever mix that looks similar just different markings, very large glorious and fluffy.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Hello, I've posted Olive before, she's 2-years old now and the only thing we know about her is she's part Weim, but she's only about 50 lbs and is all black.

I'm convinced that she is also part jackal and part rat:

:chloe:

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
We just adopted a dog. Part sheltie and part.... something. He looks like a bit like miniature golden retriever. He is super sweet, calm, inquisitive, and friendly. Also really, really soft. We've been told he's around 10 months old, but we'll be headed to the vet this week for a formal checkup.

on the car ride home

checkin' out his new backyard, squinting in the sun

bit out of focus, but his sheltie fluff face is visible here

playing some tug with an elephant toy

being A G O O D B O Y

not caring about the law i'm breaking

We're so excited to have him. He's been an absolute sweetheart so far. His name with the rescue we got him from was "Horton", which we think is kinda funny but we're not 100% sold on, so we're taking suggestions.

TJs12Stones
Sep 2, 2016
Well, he is lab for sure. But he is not all lab. He hates the water (so far...we are going to test it for sure this summer on the boat.)

He sits like a people

He smiles when he sleeps and stares out the window all day when awake

LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES the car

he ALWAYS has to be touching you if you are around

and true to his lab nature he plays fetch

I think he is mostly lab with border collie and maybe some great dane

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That's an awesome dog!

Davidus
Jul 26, 2016
Here are my pair of Dogs, unfortunately went with breeders in the end because the local shelters in my area were just too much, we'd have the house checks, the meetings with potential dogs, deposits put down and then it was either "sorry, we already adopted that dog" "its been put to sleep" or any other excuse under the sun.

Sorry for the large as gently caress Images, I'm bad and my photos are bad

Our first Dog, Shiro, is a german shepard/Japanese akita mix

and a little bit bigger

He loves his sleep and short walks

And howling to wake you up

Our Second Dog, Loki, Is a Husky/Malamute mix

Bigger, and a lot Cheekier

He loves very long walks and gets very vocal with you

And some of them together

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Look at my stupid mutt's face. What is this

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

this is Esteemed Character Actress Margo Martindale. Her breed is "dog"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

this is Esteemed Character Actress Margo Martindale. Her breed is "dog"

Looks just like my neighbor's hound :3:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Some Very Good Dogs on this page imo

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Mutt nothing. That's a coonhound.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

I think he's mostly lab with some pointer. He's a big lovable lazy lug.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Mutt nothing. That's a coonhound.

sure, but which one? she's got bits and pieces from all of them

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

sure, but which one? she's got bits and pieces from all of them

Yeah I guess but the breeds are practically pallet swaps and coonhounds have such a distinctive personality, I wouldn't sweat it.

Enjoy your crazily food motivated, affectionate, stubborn couch potato. I've had a redbone/mutt and a treeing walker and they were two of my favorite dogs ever (as long as I hadn't just turned my back on food for literally two seconds - god drat it Polly).

(I'd guess walker/tick)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

couch potato.

Confirmed

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:swoon:

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Any idea what this girly is? Her mom and dad were supposedly both puggles but eh? A friend is hopefully adopting her.

I am guessing there is Boston in there, myself. She is small, 30 lbs maybe.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
Just a couple of sleeping mutts.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So can anyone help in ID'ing the pup I adopted a few months ago? My fiancee and I are sure she has some hound (our guess is American Foxhound) in there but I wanted to see if anyone with more experience could point out some defining traits that would point to a concrete answer.

That was taken when she was maybe 5 or 6 months.

More recently:

That's at 9 or 10 months (taken maybe 7 days ago). She's 64 lbs and very active. Let me know if there's anything I can tell to get a better answer.

Also have my favorite pic of her as a puppy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I see Lab and hound myself.