Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

GameXplain won't be doing any more Zelda analyses because they literally own the game now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Only a matter of time before they start going into fan theories about poo poo in the game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think anyone is allowed to talk about anything until the 24th.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think anyone is allowed to talk about anything until the 24th.

I think the embargo on actual game details is a bit longer than that. March 2, I think?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RIP Link

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/AMeigzh.png[[/timg]

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

Super Mario 3D World was so goddamn good.
Everybody keeps saying this, but it was about 1/5th the game New Super Mario Bros. U. was. It's like it was made for children.

Maybe I don't love it because I didn't play it with friends, but I'm old now, and my friends have kids, and when we get together, we don't want to play Mario. We want to drink and talk politics.

I'm the bummer, is where I'm going with this, but I loving hated that game.

New Super Mario U. was the best Mario game since 64, though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ometeotl posted:

RIP Link

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/AMeigzh.png[[/timg]

Why is the time in the top corner of the screen?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why is the time in the top corner of the screen?

Japanese TV

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Calaveron posted:

When u see it
holy poo poo you're right

that's the master sword!!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ometeotl posted:

Japanese TV

Why do they do that?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
They do it specifically on morning TV i think, because everyone is getting ready for work/school while watching. This ad was clearly recorded off TV at 7:27am.

It's kind of like how things like Good Morning America have the time in the lower left/right? idk i've never seen american daytime tv either. Also cable news like CNN.

ANYWAY, in the pic, what do we reckon that structure is on the right? I think it's the top of a dam wall, and this is a dammed lake high above the ground below. Imagine if that dam was a dungeon, packed with hydraulic machinery and sluice gate puzzles... *drools*

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

LividLiquid posted:

Everybody keeps saying this, but it was about 1/5th the game New Super Mario Bros. U. was. It's like it was made for children.

Maybe I don't love it because I didn't play it with friends, but I'm old now, and my friends have kids, and when we get together, we don't want to play Mario. We want to drink and talk politics.

Yeah. You have bad opinions. That's okay, though. NSMU was not as good as SMG, SMG2, or SM3dW for sure. And then there is Sunshine. Sigh.
Anyway, there is an excellent LP of it that is a joy to watch. Maybe you'd like it more from that perspective.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I honestly feel like maybe he's getting the two games mixed up because that's the only way this makes any sense to me

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Super Mario 3D World was the best-designed family game ever created, and it's not particularly close.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So are there multiple master swords, or just one ?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Word on the street is that the BoTW amiibos score you "uncommon" weapons (ie, good swords and bows and what appears to be a saddle for your horses)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Count Uvula posted:

The ultimate weapon :v:

Pffft, that's been cannon for almost 30 years.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

LividLiquid posted:

This is insane, 3D World was one of the best Mario games in years. Beating Champion's Road was one of the best Mario moments ever. I don't dislike the NSMB games but they kind of felt like they were phoning it in after a point.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

BexGu posted:

It's spelled Ganon.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

BexGu posted:

Ridley cameo looking good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

This is insane, 3D World was one of the best Mario games in years. Beating Champion's Road was one of the best Mario moments ever. I don't dislike the NSMB games but they kind of felt like they were phoning it in after a point.

Well I mean NSMBU is by far the best and least phoned in. It stands up with the older 2D Marios for sure.

3D world is still better

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I think Link in Zelda II could make a strong case for "shortest sword".

Cojawfee posted:

It's spelled Ganon.

This is a good loving joke.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Regy Rusty posted:

Well I mean NSMBU is by far the best and least phoned in. It stands up with the older 2D Marios for sure.

3D world is still better

Yeah, U is Good and stands head and shoulders above NSMB, NSMB Wii, and NSMB2. But I'll still take 3D World every time.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cojawfee posted:

It's spelled Ganon.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why the gently caress does that dude sound like he has marbles in his mouth?

Thanks to the Switch's HD rumble, If you watch a gamexplain video while holding the joycons you can actually feel the marbles in his mouth

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

Word on the street is that the BoTW amiibos score you "uncommon" weapons (ie, good swords and bows and what appears to be a saddle for your horses)

Are they randomly generated uncommons? I was hoping for throw-back weapons to different games or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'd consider if you got a weapon that looks like it's from the game the amiibo is from. An 8bit sword from LoZ, a low poly master sword from OoT.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I know it's shameful but I've never really played either the original game or Link to the Past. Is LTTP a fairly simple game to figure out or are there plenty of obtuse puzzles where I'll want to use a guide to plow through it? I ask because I have a N3DS and as much as I wanted to love Earthbound, it was a pain in the rear end needing to consult a guide over and over again when I just want to sit down and play. I loved Link Between Worlds and figure I probably need to knock this off my gaming bucket list.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

will my Waluigi amiibo unlock something

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

LividLiquid posted:

Maybe I don't love it because I didn't play it with friends

Ding ding ding. Game was better than the nsmb ones for coop fun, even with the nsmb being insanely badass as well

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nate RFB posted:

I haven't even beat the 2 final levels yet -__- for shame...

As for mario rehashing I don't ever see anything wrong with more platforming as long as it's challenging and creative and I can somehow hold b and try to run thru everything..which the u one was. Up there with smw

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I know it's shameful but I've never really played either the original game or Link to the Past. Is LTTP a fairly simple game to figure out or are there plenty of obtuse puzzles where I'll want to use a guide to plow through it? I ask because I have a N3DS and as much as I wanted to love Earthbound, it was a pain in the rear end needing to consult a guide over and over again when I just want to sit down and play. I loved Link Between Worlds and figure I probably need to knock this off my gaming bucket list.

It's very similar to ALBW. ALBW is basically a LTTP sequel.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
What are all the zelda related amiibos?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I'd consider if you got a weapon that looks like it's from the game the amiibo is from. An 8bit sword from LoZ, a low poly master sword from OoT.

It's pretty advanced looking weapons from what I can tell. The bow is white with blue details and the sword has a kind of elaborate hilt. Maybe you can see them in gamex plain's 10 hour switch unboxing video

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

will my Waluigi amiibo unlock something

Yeah, a life worth living in this dark, dreary world.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

frodnonnag posted:

What are all the zelda related amiibos?

Smash versions of Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf. Midna+Wolf Life. 8-Bit Link. Ocarina Link. WW Link. WW Zelda. BotW Archer Link. BotW Rider Link. BotW Zelda. BotW Guardian.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Smash versions of Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf. Midna+Wolf Life. 8-Bit Link. Ocarina Link. WW Link. WW Zelda. BotW Archer Link. BotW Rider Link. BotW Zelda. BotW Guardian.

I just got Twilight princess HD because if I'm playing this game I want to have a wolf buddy walking around with me.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

As someone who played LttP for the first time right before LBW came out, you should be fine. It's pretty straightforward. If you can handle LBW, you'll be able to handle its predecessor. Best tip I can offer is don't be bashful about using fairies. You can catch them with the Bug Net and store them in an empty bottle, and they are a lifesaver.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just got this in:

The book is loving huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Just got this in:

The book is loving huge.

I got the notification that mine just arrived. I pre-ordered it months ago with a gift card and was pleasantly surprised to see it had shipped Saturday so that's more stuff to hype us up while we wait