Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I wonder how people would react if the Kids in the Hall aired their "running human being" sketch for the first time nowadays.

I dunno but I just watched again, and it was still funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Just got back from #NXTVanilla and Killian Dain showed the crowd a tape of an Al Snow match.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

coconono posted:

Just got back from #NXTMint and Eric Young just strangled an old lady in a wheelchair

Eric "Young"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

That you wrote out "human being" but refrained from writing out "friend of the family" should tell you they're not in the same level in a social level. They probably should be, but they're really, really not there as of yet.

I dont know whether you are right or wrong but I wouldnt rely on a qualitative analysis of my posts to make a credible point

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Just got back from #NXTVanilla and Killian Dain showed the crowd a tape of an Al Snow match.

what the gently caress, i hope his career is cut short because of this sick filth

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

that's hosed

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Dain a granny's contest winner??

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

#NXTRockyRoad had Hideo forget that he wasn't in Japan and he kicked a jobber's head clean off. Blood everywhere.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Owen Hart got a whole WCW crowd to chant human being

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aubergine Mage posted:

#NXTRockyRoad had Hideo forget that he wasn't in Japan and he kicked a jobber's head clean off. Blood everywhere.

That's better than what's been happening

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

calling someone a human being was never a nice thing to say, but interestingly enough it's only relatively recently that it's been put on the same level as the n-word. people even used to say it all the time on these here forums and no one blinked an eye.

Yeah but we spelled it with one G here because we were l33t liek Jeff K, so it's totally fine right?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
what?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cavauro posted:

the only legal words to call anyone should be cutiepie, and sweetiepie once in a hwhile.

Sure thing honeybunch.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sure thing honeybunch.

mods??

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

human being is a bad thing to say and i hope nikki cross didn't say it

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i hope the entire nikki cross story is actually vince trying to see what he can get away with via accents, in the vein of "ALICIA FUUUUUUUUUCKS"

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

KungFu Grip posted:

That's better than what's been happening

Give him a manager, let him get back to kicking people's brains out. (And hope he doesn't blow his shoulder out again.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dromal phrenia posted:

i hope the entire nikki cross story is actually vince trying to see what he can get away with via accents, in the vein of "ALICIA FUUUUUUUUUCKS"

"Vince there is this guy who really likes our company, they call him Samurai Fucks"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

"Vince there is this guy who really likes our company, they call him Samurai Fucks"

People actually did do that a lot back in the day.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/gotchstylewwe/status/833804184298196992

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/kikutarosan/status/834118311285714945

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Did you know that a human being is a burning bundle of sticks on top of which they used to burn homosexuals? So, basically, when you call someone a "human being," you are saying that they should be burned at the stake.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CobiWann posted:

Did you know that a human being is a burning bundle of sticks on top of which they used to burn homosexuals? So, basically, when you call someone a "human being," you are saying that they should be burned at the stake.

hosed up if true.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Seemed like in the 80s especially, "human being" was more as a substitute for calling someone an rear end in a top hat because it wasn't technically swearing and they could kinda get away with it. YMMV though, that's always how I interpreted it growing up though :shrug:

calling someone a human being was never a nice thing to say, but interestingly enough it's only relatively recently that it's been put on the same level as the n-word. people even used to say it all the time on these here forums and no one blinked an eye.
You may have never blinked an eye, but a lot of us have had that word shouted at us for being a thing, and it was never pleasant to hear it dropped casually.

If, say, you and your buddies used it like this (whether in the 80s or on the forums), you probably had no idea you were being homophobic, and that's fine. But you were. And we all felt it, and it sucked.

Just own that it wasn't okay and that you didn't know that at the time. Nobody's gonna' take you to court for being ignorant way back when. It's fine.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/KingUndeadSC/status/833758020265979906

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEDrakeWuertz/status/834124272654176257

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

You may have never blinked an eye, but a lot of us have had that word shouted at us for being a thing, and it was never pleasant to hear it dropped casually.

If, say, you and your buddies used it like this (whether in the 80s or on the forums), you probably had no idea you were being homophobic, and that's fine. But you were. And we all felt it, and it sucked.

Just own that it wasn't okay and that you didn't know that at the time. Nobody's gonna' take you to court for being ignorant way back when. It's fine.

i'm personally offended by your brazzers logo seeing as i'm a milfhunter irl

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

i'm personally offended by your brazzers logo seeing as i'm a milfhunter irl

I still have no idea why somebody would buy me this. I didn't even know what bitcoin was until somebody got me this avatar and custom title.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

must mean you are a dolph ziggler fan

i'm sorry that's the worst possible insult

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like Dolph Ziggler and hold out hope that he'll be Always Good again, like he was in late 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/status/834123674869379072

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/834161417465036800

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

N fact? :ohdear:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

He meant N word.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The N community?!?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

i can't believe aj just outed himself as a nintendo fanboy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Michael Berryman looks pretty good these days

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

oatgan posted:

Michael Berryman looks pretty good these days

He doesn't look that bad... More "Uncle Fester."

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

pretty sure i gave these guys some change today and shared some of the 18 pack i just bought with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
the worst part is "n fact" doesn't even save any characters on twitter.