Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also you gotta sing the company jingle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Jam all the corporate buzzwords in that you can.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I don't even understand why such chance to be a flight medic should be about the Army Song or collar insignia, but oh well, I guess I'll loving do it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Vahakyla posted:

I don't even understand why such chance to be a flight medic should be about the Army Song or collar insignia, but oh well, I guess I'll loving do it.

Like job knowledge is important in the Army.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vahakyla posted:

Wow you're literally a shitbag with this attitude shitbag

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Vahakyla posted:

Boards are the dumbest thing about the Army. Hopefully you get to tell a CSM that they are wrong. Twice.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ASAPI posted:

Boards are the dumbest thing about the Army.

Lmao as if

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im glad to see the smug nordic who was dumb enough to immigrate to america and enlist in the army has been so badly brainwashed that he writes dates in the proscribed military manner. hooah

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I had a rule with my dudes when I was a TL. If you said 1300-2300 instead of just 1pm-11pm, you had to do push-ups equivalent to the time, x3. So if you said 1300 you had to do 39 push-ups.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im glad to see the smug nordic who was dumb enough to immigrate to america and enlist in the army has been so badly brainwashed that he writes dates in the proscribed military manner. hooah

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Imma just bitch a bit. Honestly it'd be a pretty awesome opportunity, as established.

I wonder how much they'll actually ask about all this, and how much of it will be about random stuff/trivia. Never been to any board here on my dashing six months of enlistment, so I'll just wing it and memorize this booklet a bit before bed. I got like bit less than three weeks.

And if I don't get it, I'l still be all Airborne Hooah.

(I actually like the Army and don't regret anything besides not waiting for Infantry slot)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Hey idiot just do the gay little song and dance and maybe you'll come out ahead ok

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Motherfucker I'll sing that so hard that spit flies out. I am tone deaf and got terrible singing voice, but I yell real loud.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You know how babies are cute partly because they are so stupid and don't know any better?

That's you bro.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Like said, I like being the summer child of this thread.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
They'll probably go easy on you since you're a furrrnerrrrrrrr. Not that boards are hard for anyone except for double digit IQ turds from the crumbling rural towns of america.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You better beat on that door like the fist of god and deafen the board with your report

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Like said, I like being the summer child of this thread.

Tell the Board you are Russian not Finnish, the Trumpsters there will respect you more for it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Is it a promotion board? Or a sotm board?

Because if it's a sotm board lmao

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This one seems to be fairly hard. I know the board for our basic was a collection of rednecks, but this board has everyone with plus 88% asvab percentile, and pretty squared away dudes with plus90% GPAs and recommendation letters from the instructors whom are flight medics.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

It's a "get me a better job" board.

No, not a med board.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

TBeats posted:

Flight Medic slot out of AIT.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Ohhhhhhh. Okay then. Yeah make sure you study for that and shine your shoes and wear your three ribbons all nice and squared away.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Also: project confidence.

Like if they ask you the max effective range of a 203 and you think it's 800 meters, you yell that poo poo like you're giving them a message from God himself.

(It's 400 meters I think)

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TBeats posted:

Also: project confidence.

Like if they ask you the max effective range of a 203 and you think it's 800 meters, you yell that poo poo like you're giving them a message from God himself.

(It's 400 meters I think)

Hasn't it been replaced buy the 230 or the xm 25 by now?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If one or two of them aren't dumb rednecks who know a little bit of world military history, tell them your spirit animal is Simo Häyhä and you just wanna bring some of that Finnish sisu into the 'murican army because god knows we need some with all these namby pamby SAFE SPACE LIBUHRULS.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I yell really loud and with confidence every morning when I have no clue how many people are present in my platoon. I go loud as gently caress, but I probably need to titrate the volume to the inside level.

My PsG informed me to walk in and pee on everyone like I own the place. Seems like gold advice.

Is it better to be confident and answer wrong, or to loudly inform that I will find out?

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 22, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Flikken posted:

Hasn't it been replaced buy the 230 or the xm 25 by now?

320, but it's still the same ranges

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The 320 underbarrel is so loving stupid.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

The 320 with the stock owns though. Like a modern M79.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

The 320 underbarrel is so loving stupid.

DoktorLoken posted:

The 320 with the stock owns though. Like a modern M79.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Unless you're carrying a rifle. Then it's a pain in the rear end and I would rather just not carry it.

But when our COP got attacked? Then that poo poo owned.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
whens the m420?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

It was the day I went on terminal.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ASAPI posted:

Boards are the dumbest thing about the Army. Hopefully you get to tell a CSM that they are wrong. Twice.

I liked the board when someone actually wrote down a list of FM's and their titles on a card, and asked if he could reference it, as he didn't want to give the incorrect response.

Fuckin' genius aced it, and of course the loophole was quickly closed.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

There is so much to hate

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hate that I wasn't lucky enough to be in whatever unit that dude is in.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
1lt congdong reporting for duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

University of Phoenix ROTC: CPU Heatsink Battalion graduate