Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ya

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wasabi the J posted:

Does anyone get like really bummed out that their dogs aren't one of those genius dogs that do every command imaginable, but then they fall asleep in a really cute position and you cry because they're perfect?

One of my dogs just refuses to learn "down". She can catch a frisbee, catch treats that rebound off her brother's nose, knows a ton of other commands, but can't down. She barks at everything, steals from her brother and just basically lives to watch the world burn.

One day last week I was having an awful day and came home. I sat down on the couch, barely holding it together. She jumped on my lap, gave me a face full of kisses, and fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

yee

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8OH8ng0FMg

Majestic doggos.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
It's raining and Wednesday sucks so have some pics of Dingo.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Boop galore

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Super Grocery Kart posted:

One of my dogs just refuses to learn "down". She can catch a frisbee, catch treats that rebound off her brother's nose, knows a ton of other commands, but can't down. She barks at everything, steals from her brother and just basically lives to watch the world burn.

One day last week I was having an awful day and came home. I sat down on the couch, barely holding it together. She jumped on my lap, gave me a face full of kisses, and fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. I wouldn't trade her for anything.
:3:

My little dumbass (see avatar) refuses "down" too. She won't stay for more than 2-3 seconds and she stopped doing "stand" when she found out there wasn't always a treat in the hand. Meanwhile she's learned the meaning of: brush, cuddle, breakfast, supper, "who's here?," move, play, and bath. #priorities

Edit: showing off her full floof.

pookel fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 22, 2017

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Jokers Gamble posted:

It's raining and Wednesday sucks so have some pics of Dingo.

Is that a DD-214 blanket?

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

BigDave posted:

Is that a DD-214 blanket?

Yeah, I bought it so when they send me IRR notices trying to get me to join the guard I can wrap myself in it and smile as I toss them in the trash.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Jokers Gamble posted:

Yeah, I bought it so when they send me IRR notices trying to get me to join the guard I can wrap myself in it and smile as I toss them in the trash.

Please link where you found this wonderful thing.

And pet dingo.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Weltlich posted:

Please link where you found this wonderful thing.

And pet dingo.

The one I bought was this:

https://inkfidel.com/products/freedom-fleece-dd-form-214-blanket

There's another company that makes a larger version that you can get customized but I thought it was a bit much.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That blanket is almost as cool as Dingo (almost).

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

PenisMonkey posted:

Fuckin' Poms, man.

Tribbles with legs

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

arrest that biscuit for animal cruelty

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Super Grocery Kart posted:

The trainer I had actually taught me a trick that a lot of dogs respond to. Start at sit, then point two fingers in a V at the pup, and lower your hand. I felt like I just did Croc Dundee's buffalo trick when it worked the first time I tried it.

Sputnik and Sophie actually have that one down pretty well.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah. Make the dog follow your hand from the sit to the lay position. If necessary use a treat as bait, saying "down" as you move your hand from her snout to the ground, and only reward her when she fully lays down, and reward her WHILE she is laying down.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
We're planning a forums-wide dog contest based on this thread last year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774948

quote:

i think it would be good to have a tournament to see what the best dog in somethingawful is.

the dog that gets the most votes is the king (aka "rex") of the forums.

that's pretty much the idea, thanks

So I entered GIP into the list of subforums that will compete. We need to nominate a dog to represent us.

Someone can either post a poll which Monty will probably win, or we can just pick Monty. I'm cool with either.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Also

and

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Isn't every dog the best dog though?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
All hail Monty, Dogge King of These Dead, Gay Forums

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Jane is going to the groomer today. Freshly groomed Poodle pics in a few hours.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yep it's Monty

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Who, me?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
So handsome! :3:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Not a photoshop.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Catte in his usual position again.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Monty is a good rear end dog but I think I'm gonna have to vote for Icarus.

Can't we just have all dogge thread dogs represented?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

oh gently caress, icarus

i'm conflicted :ohdear:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well what makes a best dog the best dog? The eyebrows? The ears?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Don't forget Tyco the Corgi...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

Well what makes a best dog the best dog? The eyebrows? The ears?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What about Tanky?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am biased. I therefor withdraw Monty from the competition.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I think we should make the case that not one dog can represent the greatest thread on this website. We should be allowed like 5 candidates or something

TBeats posted:

I am biased. I therefor withdraw Monty from the competition.

Nooo :(

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I don't make puppers compete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Poms always seem to get a reputation as being stupid yappy little dogs. My brother had one for a while and while clearly not intelligent, it was probably the happiest small creature I've ever met; the only downside was that she would go outside and eat her own poo poo then promptly run inside to give you kisses.

Pretty much the dog equivalent of :buddy: