Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Does the cluster count as an ally
Something is happening down there, they are still bringing it up. Diamonds are banking on it killing all the humans and might get upset when they find out it isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Something is happening down there, they are still bringing it up. Diamonds are banking on it killing all the humans and might get upset when they find out it isn't

I was thinking about that as well, though the logistics of making it in to an actual ally might be a bit difficult.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If they can get it into space and it has a coherent and benign mind it could permanently stand guard and guarantee Earth's safety against large-scale homeworld attacks.

I expect that'll be something achieved by diplomacy instead, though.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Since bubbled gems can be teleported, it might be possible for the cluster to be moved somewhere it could be released. I don't think any of the current gems could do that since you wouldn't want the thing wrecking up the temple or farm. Maybe Jasper could send it to home world if/when she gets out, that could cause some trouble.

I admit I can't remember if a bubble is able to be teleported by anyone other than the one who made it. If that's the case than the cluster would probably stay where it's at.

Buckets fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 23, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Buckets posted:

Since bubbled gems can be teleported, it might be possible for the cluster to be moved somewhere it could be released. I don't think any of the current gems could do that since you wouldn't want the thing wrecking up the temple or farm.

Eh, Series Finale desperation move.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Attestant posted:

I feel like the show is slowly building up several groups of potential allies, for a larger scale conflict of some sort. We have the bubbled corrupted gems, the rose quartz collection, the famethysts, heck, even the spaced rubies.

It probably doesn't mean that we'll see another gem war in the show, but they might be setting up a large enough group to actually be meaningfully threatening for the Homeworld regardless.

I'm pretty sure the show is going to end with another conflict or threat of conflict and Steven is going to have to be forced to choose to shatter a Diamond like Rose had been but then resolve it by showing mercy and compassion instead.

I think Jasper is going to change sides a bit, but eventually join the Crystal Gems, though maybe this is a very near end-game thing. Similarly, Bismuth might be tempted back to Homeworld. This is all just speculation though.

I think the cluster will be an ally too, but right from the get-go.

Not sure about the other Rose Quartzes. I'm very curious about them though. And how Steven will react, and how they will react to Steven.

Some exciting stuff on the horizon.
This might be why we're getting townspeople episodes where we can. Once the conflict starts expanding, it might be hard to break away from it until it's too late to return to such things.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Shadow0 posted:

I'm pretty sure the show is going to end with another conflict or threat of conflict and Steven is going to have to be forced to choose to shatter a Diamond like Rose had been but then resolve it by showing mercy and compassion instead.

I think Jasper is going to change sides a bit, but eventually join the Crystal Gems, though maybe this is a very near end-game thing. Similarly, Bismuth might be tempted back to Homeworld. This is all just speculation though.

I think the cluster will be an ally too, but right from the get-go.

Not sure about the other Rose Quartzes. I'm very curious about them though. And how Steven will react, and how they will react to Steven.

Some exciting stuff on the horizon.
This might be why we're getting townspeople episodes where we can. Once the conflict starts expanding, it might be hard to break away from it until it's too late to return to such things.

I'm betting that Jasper, if healed, will just remain neutral for a while, not actively going against the Homeworld but also not actively trying to kill Steven because he helped her. She'll most likely change sides when Homeworld decides they don't want/need her anymore and try to shatter her.

Bismuth, for how much she dislikes Rose, seemed to believe in the ideal of the Crystal Gems, so I don't see her being a turncoat that easily, though it's also not out of the realm of possibility

If the Rose Quartz ever get unbubbled, it'd be interesting to see where their allegiance lies. On one hand, we've not heard about any other Roses but Steven's mom siding with the Crystal Gems, but on the other, Homeworld did bubble them for thousands of years. That might sour the relationship. And I am also curious how Steven will react to them and vice versa, since they are simultaneously his aunts and his half sisters. Amethyst has the Famethysts, Steven has the Rose Fam.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Jasper hates Rose Quartz because she shattered Pink Diamond
Bismuth hates Rose Quartz for refusing to shatter gems

Jasper has a perfect body
Bismuth makes perfect weapons

Jasper is desperately alone. Abandoned by 2 fusion partners
Bismuth is feeling betrayed. Discorporated 2 times by 2 incarnations of her hero.

Once Jasper is uncorrupted, I could see a very interesting, if totally broken, fusion happening.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Buff Jasper is dead for good, skinny Jasper is all that's left. :colbert:

It's pretty simple to guess that the series is going to end with Steven somehow confronting the diamonds and Homeworld, but we're still missing some important pieces to bring us to that point. So far as Homeworld is concerned, Earth is dead and they're just waiting for the Cluster to pop out, there's nothing yet to bring the Crystal Gems back into conflict with Homeworld aside from the memory of Pink Diamond.

...and there's the lingering question of what Homeworld wants a geoweapon for, and why was it producing all these soldiers before the rebellion happened? Is there something else out there that they're fighting against?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

SlothfulCobra posted:

So far as Homeworld is concerned, Earth is dead and they're just waiting for the Cluster to pop out, there's nothing yet to bring the Crystal Gems back into conflict with Homeworld aside from the memory of Pink Diamond.

Well Blue Diamond did lament to Yellow that the window was closing to save Earth's specimens and Yellow said "Is that what you want?" kind of ominously so I think there's gonna be some abductions in the future that will kick up conflict pretty handily.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Tupperwarez posted:

He kinda sounds like whoever does the Crying Breakfast Friends voices.

Crying Pear is voiced by Deedee Magno-Hall and Sad Spoon is voiced by Estelle

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SlothfulCobra posted:

Buff Jasper is dead for good, skinny Jasper is all that's left. :colbert:

This is heresy and you will not make me believe because my conviction as hard as Real Jasper's arms.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The mentions during the last bomb were probably to reaffirm that the Diamonds don't know it's been neutralized.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

SlothfulCobra posted:

Is there something else out there that they're fighting against?

Another group of hard light beings , except they're all dudebros that never cry and come out of cans of Axe.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SlothfulCobra posted:

...and there's the lingering question of what Homeworld wants a geoweapon for, and why was it producing all these soldiers before the rebellion happened? Is there something else out there that they're fighting against?

Yeah, the Anti-SpiralsGemstones. I loving guarantee it.

Either that or the Quintessons.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Sash! posted:

Another group of hard light beings , except they're all dudebros that never cry and come out of cans of Axe.

The Rock People's rebel leader started a band on the west coast called Precious Metal, got married to an uptight librarian, and gave up his physical form to have a cynical friendless child who resolves their issues through violence.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
The Crystal Gems vs the Dynamic Fluids, obviously.

I do wonder if the empire keeps an army just for the sake of keeping an army/enforcing its own hierarchy. That would match what we've seen about homeworld gems unquestioningly working towards their assigned purpose thousands of years after their leadership is gone and the general anti-colonialism theme.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MrSlam posted:

The Rock People's rebel leader started a band on the west coast called Precious Metal, got married to an uptight librarian, and gave up his physical form to have a cynical friendless child who resolves their issues through violence.

....I gotta be honest, I would totally watch a show where an angry half metal child and her three gay metal dads punch everything.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
My guess would be either their organic creators, or whoever their creators were at war with.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
So, can anyone identify this gem that got posted on the SU facebook page?

It's a picture of the gem, not, y'know, the Gem.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What the helllll
They're just out and spoiling that we're meeting a new gem? Maybe it's just Ronaldo's gemsona, hence the title rocknaldo?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

What the helllll
They're just out and spoiling that we're meeting a new gem? Maybe it's just Ronaldo's gemsona, hence the title rocknaldo?

Yeah but they're not showing them, just the gem itself. (It's likely Heliotrope)

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 24, 2017

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yeah but they're not showing them, just the gem itself. (It's likely Bloodstone)

Well that really sounds like an edgy gemsona

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Well that really sounds like an edgy gemsona

They'll likely called them Heliotrope which is another name for it, because I doubt they'd let a character with Blood in their name be in a TVY7 show or whatever.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's a blood diamond, obviously.

e: whups, spoiler tags

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Star vs The Forces Of evil is attempting to out-gay Steven Universe!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,after browsing the internets for interesting/entertaining fan stuff,a blog I follow lead me to this thing. I feel like I need to see a shrink before I go and kick this :smug: jackass in the joy department.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

VolticSurge posted:

So,after browsing the internets for interesting/entertaining fan stuff,a blog I follow lead me to this thing. I feel like I need to see a shrink before I go and kick this :smug: jackass in the joy department.

Wow, it's the movie version of shitposting.

My inner teenage 4channer found it funny, and some of the points are salient on the fandom and early-show repetition

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Say Nothing posted:

Star vs The Forces Of evil is attempting to out-gay Steven Universe!

If anyone in this thread has a Neilson box please try to watch Star vs. The forces of Evil. It's gotten really good lately, but they viewings numbers have been terrible lately and I'm worried that it's going to get canceled :smith:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

VolticSurge posted:

I should have closed it when I saw the video's title, but I just had to keep going for some reason.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
My guess for the next episode: They are going to do a double swerve. They showed this, but it's just going to be a random gemstone that Ronaldo taped to his belly to be like Steven. But the double swerve will be that it's actually a corrupted gem that will conveniently choose that moment to form

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

TVs Ian posted:

Ronaldo is going to do a henshin pose/dance after he glues that to his forehead, isn't he? Oh god, what if he just constantly JoJo poses while trying to impersonate a Gem to get into the temple?

Anyway, we figure is this going to be one of those "haha Ronaldo has brain problems" or "holy poo poo Ronaldo has brain problems" episodes?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

TVs Ian posted:

If I've learned anything from the Steven Universe community, it's that it would be rude to identify it just by its appearance.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Tupperwarez posted:

Oh god, what if he just constantly JoJo poses while trying to impersonate a Gem to get into the temple?

This would be pretty great. Even better if one of the Gems gets into it, too.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Rocknaldo is a Florido & Zuke episode, which makes me wonder if we're going to see a somewhat different take on the character (previous early Ronaldo-centric eps were Molisee & Vileco). Or if maybe we'll see Peridot and Lapis turn up. Either way, while he's not my favorite, I'm willing to given Ronaldo a chance (again! don't let me down!). His brief bit in Beach City Drift was fun, but that might also be just a side-effect of him working better in small doses and not carrying whole episodes as well...

Have seen various rumors about Zuke leaving the show and I shall miss her Peridots, Peridot & Lapis, and extra-floofy-haired Amethyst if that's the case.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
At least he's not goddamned Lars.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
When is the next Episode supposed to air, so I can avoid spoilers until then?

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Tonight! At 7. (US Central? Eastern? 7 sometime!)

( http://hilaryflorido.tumblr.com/post/157633847473/rocknaldo-check-it-out-this-friday-at-7 )

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

oh poo poo oh poo poo PLEASE let Ronaldo have an extended conversation with Peridot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Is it me, or does this look like a New Yorker cartoon?