Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

ragzilla posted:

On this subject, has anyone here tried oxidized yet?

Months behind, but I'm in the process of switching from RANCID to Oxidized, and it's great. There's a few features that are missing here and there (for example, no authentication to the web site) but the code is SO SO SO much more readable than RANCID which has made it easy to make changes and get things working right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hmm that is very interesting and good to hear! I've had to make a few custom RANCID parsers and it's a complete loving mystery how they work. I basically go into a fugue state and come out with functional code but no conception of how I got there.

Alternatively, pretend I just posted "perl.txt"

e: autocorrect :argh:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 17, 2017

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Has anyone ever had the need to send VxLAN over the Internet? We need a very temporary solution to get some layer 2 data to a new datacenter. I proposed a mGRE tunnel and push VxLAN over it but it was one of those things that I thought would work in theory but haven't actually deployed it.

Edit: Nevermind, coworker said it would work but it will have massive headers which they are ok with

Sepist fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 22, 2017

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

The problem is always MTU and the fragmentation that will occur - it may cause weird issues (eg: reassembly cpu usage/etc).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Does anyone have an updated url for this? The OP is just a tad out of date.

https://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

GreenNight posted:

Does anyone have an updated url for this? The OP is just a tad out of date.

https://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

Googling routerperformance.pdf should get you the current one.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Hi, total Cisco newb. What is this? Why won't it just configure easily so I can move on? :(

I'm not opposed to using CLI for the first steps, I just don't know how.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Colonial Air Force posted:

Hi, total Cisco newb. What is this? Why won't it just configure easily so I can move on? :(

It's punishing you for using the ASDM. If you are total newb use the thing to generate the commands and then connect to it via ssh/console and put them in so you can see what it is actually doing.

ASDM is kind of poo poo for a lot of things. I do use it for live logging and manipulating access lists but for most things besides that it likes to do bullshit like what you are seeing and break your stuff.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 23, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I think it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. I've been using it for a long time now to create/edit firewall rules and so forth.

It still sucks rear end that it requires Java though.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It's punishing you for using the ASDM. If you are total newb use the thing to generate the commands and then connect to it via ssh/console and put them in so you can see what it is actually doing.

ASDM is kind of poo poo for a lot of things. I do use it for live logging and manipulating access lists but for most things besides that it likes to do bullshit like what you are seeing and break your stuff.

Ok.

I went into the CLI, and I (think I) configured the WAN interface (1/1) to use DHCP, and the LAN interface (1/2) to be 10.71.1.1. It won't let me set the IP for Management 1/1 onm the same subnet as the LAN, even though the quisktart guide that came with the thing says it should.

That must have been what was erroring with ADSM also, because that's the only command that gave me a problem.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Ok.

I went into the CLI, and I (think I) configured the WAN interface (1/1) to use DHCP, and the LAN interface (1/2) to be 10.71.1.1. It won't let me set the IP for Management 1/1 onm the same subnet as the LAN, even though the quisktart guide that came with the thing says it should.

That must have been what was erroring with ADSM also, because that's the only command that gave me a problem.

If you are not doing out of band management w/ the management int you can just use the normal LAN interface for management traffic. If you are using the firepower module it will use the management interface and can be on the same subnet but you have to actually configure that from within the sfr module.

Just put in:
code:
management-access LAN (or whatever you called it)
ssh <host or network you want to let things ssh to it from> LAN
http <host or network you want to let things access ASDM from> LAN
Assuming you already have a user/pass and the basic auth setup it should work.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hey, does anyone here work in Cisco's partner support? Couple of my guys are having issues getting a problem solved where the Cisco Support Case Manager throws us an access denied error and both TAC and Partner Support are completely unable to solve this problem and just keep throwing us back and forth.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Info means info, warning means warning, brexit means brexit. . .

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
Any microtik fanboys in here?

We have issues with our ASA. When we manually clear phase 1 of a VPN to a microtik, the ASA side establishes a new phase1/phase2 but the microtik side doesn't. It still sees the old SA as active until it's manually cleared. The ASA carries other VPN's and re-establishes when cleared no problem.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

CuddleChunks over in the 'tik thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3388528) is pretty well versed in them

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Is there a better thread for UCS questions?

Anyway, I am looking to take a current UCS deployment (4 chassis, 2 FI) and break it into two (2 chassis + 2 FI per cluster, bought 2 new FI).

My concern is that when I move the 2 chassis and hook them up to the new FI, the servers will get wiped or be messed up. My understanding is that as long as I:

-disassociate the service profiles from the servers on the existing FI
-move the chassis + blades
-associate the new service profile with "nowipe" option

That the servers shouldn't get wiped? Has anyone done this before? Any gotchas?

May 14, 2003

BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY FRUITCAKE!
You're probably going to want to make sure you create the MAC pools/WWN pools/UUID pools and make sure when you move the blades to the new FI that the numbers match up. i.e. if you move blade10 to a new set of FIs then you need to make sure it comes up with the same MACs/WWNs, etc or you could have odd behavior like network interfaces getting renumbered (i.e. eth0 is now eth5 or something.)

The 'no scrub' option is definitely something you want but the other stuff I mentioned is just as important.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

Wow. A photo of a screen with a gui error message.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Yep.

I originally took a photo of it and texted it to some Cisco friends. Then, days later, when they hadn't come up with an answer, I was pointed to this thread. But I didn't have my laptop hooked up to it anymore, so this was the easiest way to get the message here.

Next time, I'll print it out and fax it to you.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
Make sure you use a dot matrix printer

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Extreme now own all that Nortel stuff that Avaya bought:

http://investor.extremenetworks.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1016337

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

They just bought Zebra Enterprise Wireless (which was previously part of Zebra's purchase of the Motorola Enterprise division) back at the end of Oct 2016.

Huh. They must be looking to grow their market base.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

As long as they integrate the acquisitions in a way that HP are terrible at doing then I don't see a problem. Avaya stuff is mostly poo poo but people seemed to think there were some decent ideas floating around in the networking part of it, like their Fabric Connect platform.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Thanks Ants posted:

As long as they integrate the acquisitions in a way that HP are terrible at doing then I don't see a problem. Avaya stuff is mostly poo poo but people seemed to think there were some decent ideas floating around in the networking part of it, like their Fabric Connect platform.

Well, I know they didn't have a great wireless product, so the MotorolaZebra purchase makes sense. But Avaya? Maybe there's some IP they want.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
There's a Cisco 800 series router 'implant' referenced in the Vault 7 dump.

All PSIRT has out so far is: http://blogs.cisco.com/security/the-wikileaks-vault-7-leak-what-we-know-so-far

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
And some things for the 2960 & 3560 aswell:

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_20873397.html
https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_15728967.html

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

There's a lab/test hostname referencing 1841 as well, as well as documentation on asr-1k, and 6500.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

The switching had been solid in the past, and the ERS 5500 stuff was great. Not sure they have really advanced much from there, though.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

flosofl posted:

Well, I know they didn't have a great wireless product, so the MotorolaZebra purchase makes sense. But Avaya? Maybe there's some IP they want.

To be fair, even after the Zebra purchase they still don't have a good wireless product. :v:

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

less than three posted:

To be fair, even after the Zebra purchase they still don't have a good wireless product. :v:

? Extreme's wireless stuff is solid. Works well, the wave 2 radios are giving us solid performance. We've got about 60 APs deployed right now covering 125k sq ft and it's been better than our older Cisco deployment and way better than the shitshow that the Fortinet wifi was.

The Zebra purchase was about getting a foothold in industrial wireless.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

DigitalMocking posted:

? Extreme's wireless stuff is solid. Works well, the wave 2 radios are giving us solid performance. We've got about 60 APs deployed right now covering 125k sq ft and it's been better than our older Cisco deployment and way better than the shitshow that the Fortinet wifi was.

The Zebra purchase was about getting a foothold in industrial wireless.

I worded that badly. I was trying to joke that Zebra's wireless is a garbage fire at the acquisition. We've been using them (Symbol, then Motorola, then Zebra) forever. They used to be solid, but with each sell off they've lost so much of the engineering and knowledge their new products are bad and the support is equally bad. A decade of under investment and now falling behind.

If anything Extreme can revive it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

less than three posted:

I worded that badly. I was trying to joke that Zebra's wireless is a garbage fire at the acquisition. We've been using them (Symbol, then Motorola, then Zebra) forever. They used to be solid, but with each sell off they've lost so much of the engineering and knowledge their new products are bad and the support is equally bad. A decade of under investment and now falling behind.

If anything Extreme can revive it.

Yeah, Zebra was absolutely not interested in the infrastructure products when they purchased the Enterprise division of Motorola. They wanted the handheld scanning and inventory systems and the supply line logistics stuff. They just let the wireless networking stuff whither through neglect and finally found a buyer in Extreme.

Personally, I like the WiNG 5 stuff, but it has stagnated over the last few years. Here's to hoping Extreme can breath life back in.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

WiNG Express was/is a very nice product at the price points it hit

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Partycat posted:

The switching had been solid in the past, and the ERS 5500 stuff was great. Not sure they have really advanced much from there, though.

I've been using an ERS 5530 (Second hand from auction) in my home network for ages until I replaced it with a Catalyst 2960CX. Solid switch but holy gently caress initial setup can be excruciating if you don't have the right serial cable and JDM is very bad. Still not a bad switch, here it is in my bin shed where it still remains to this day last I checked:

https://twitter.com/GarbageDotNet/status/834374286475354117

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There's about a million ISPs trying to push their "SD-WAN" products now, but nothing they claim is possible seems that new to me. Is there a good bullshit-free primer that I can read to get up to speed? Or is it one of those words like "cloud" and "DevOps" that is meaningless without context?

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite
It's the latter.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Ants posted:

There's about a million ISPs trying to push their "SD-WAN" products now, but nothing they claim is possible seems that new to me. Is there a good bullshit-free primer that I can read to get up to speed? Or is it one of those words like "cloud" and "DevOps" that is meaningless without context?

100% marketing bullshit.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

DigitalMocking posted:

100% marketing bullshit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Any CUCM/UCXN wizards here know if it's possible to build some kind of CTI route point/DN/Unity call handler combination that'll just ringback forever? Looking for something to use to blackhole pesky cold callers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

If it's one or two specific numbers harassing you, you might just drop them via inbound dial peer