Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Good to see Siege is taking some cues on bug design from :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

There's some gremlins in the Ubisoft dev computers that randomly revert commits or something

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They're bad at version control I guess
That's just the nature of large projects, regression issues do happen and lots of non-critical stuff hinges on hope alone. Doesn't help though that are dear developers who are so prone to make garbage reinventions of actually working things so that they don't quite work probably do not use version control and issue tracking like normal people, and are stuck with sticky notes and Panvalet or something.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hey Hard, I don't have a video but ash charges are destroying jammers on the other side of reinforcements when fired at a reinforced wall. Some dude kept doing it to us on favela yesterday.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
At this bug"fixing" rate we will soon have an alpha version deployed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Paradigmata posted:

At this bug"fixing" rate we will soon have an alpha version deployed.

To be honest this patch has been such a clusterfuck I'm surprised it hasn't been reverted.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
dear ubihard since club assets are already in the game can we alter the presidential plane map to reflect the plot of the video for dr. dre' keep their heads ringing? TIA

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

quote:

**ISSUE (Community Submission)** - Sometimes your weapon will not fire the first time you press your fire button/key.
**ISSUE (Community Submission) [UNCONFIRMED]** - A significant increase in hit registration issues have been reported as of the most recent (2.1.1) update.
Thank good, I thought I needed to get a new mouse.

The bug I posted isn't on the list, so now it's a secret strat.

e: VVV Oh you're right. Yay, but also drat.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 23, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Heran Bago posted:

The bug I posted isn't on the list, so now it's a secret strat.

You didn't lose a Jager thing when you tried to put it in the chair so I don't think it actually went in. Not a bug.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Clavavisage posted:

dear ubihard since club assets are already in the game can we alter the presidential plane map to reflect the plot of the video for dr. dre' keep their heads ringing? TIA

If you record an amv with Castle ft Caveira i might consider it.

Bonus if Bandit is electrifying a bunch of deployable shields in the background.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
please take this game seriously

http://i.imgur.com/lH1Qg4H.webm

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I would like to but Ubisoft seems determined to undermine its aesthetic

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This isn't a super serious game and I'm glad we have dumb headgear and uniforms. If they straight up put a clown costume in the game I willl buy it day one and never unequip it

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The Duggler posted:

This isn't a super serious game and I'm glad we have dumb headgear and uniforms. If they straight up put a clown costume in the game I willl buy it day one and never unequip it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Not to belabor the claim that it should be, but what makes you say it's not a super serious game, aside from the presence of dumb headgear and uniforms (and skins)? It's based on a pretty serious setting by a very serious tactiwank writer, it's about combating terrorism and training to combat terrorism, the "canon" level takes place in a university that's been gassed and is full of dead bodies, the gameplay is pretty realistic, deadly, and full of realistically-weighted ragdolls and death animations, and it has a very serious competitive league. It's not cartoony. What exactly is silly or not meant to be taken seriously about it besides the cosmetics and screaming racists in multiplayer? I'm genuinely curious how else you would justify the claim that this isn't a serious game.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Not to belabor the claim that it should be, but what makes you say it's not a super serious game, aside from the presence of dumb headgear and uniforms (and skins)? It's based on a pretty serious setting by a very serious tactiwank writer, it's about combating terrorism and training to combat terrorism, the "canon" level takes place in a university that's been gassed and is full of dead bodies, the gameplay is pretty realistic, deadly, and full of realistically-weighted ragdolls and death animations, and it has a very serious competitive league. It's not cartoony. What exactly is silly or not meant to be taken seriously about it besides the cosmetics and screaming racists in multiplayer? I'm genuinely curious how else you would justify the claim that this isn't a serious game.

Yeah but why would the White Masks assault a university with pollen? And only send in 5 ops?

Also vidyagame

Still waiting on more beachwear ala Frost kewl-shades

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://fat.gfycat.com/ThinUnitedGartersnake.webm
https://gfycat.com/GrimUnawareGrub

https://gfycat.com/GiftedHarshDolphin

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 23, 2017

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, I experience that as well with R6, now and again. Haven't had it with other games, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Ugh I can't believe this is a real thing then. This loving pisses me off so much, I will never develop good twitch aim if the sensitivity keeps changing.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ral8sAUNMsM

See also: Intros for Kapkan, Sledge, and when black president lady tells you how important it is to protect freedom.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

u click ppl for points

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Opfor spotted

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/452x7

Orv
May 4, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ral8sAUNMsM

See also: Intros for Kapkan, Sledge, and when black president lady tells you how important it is to protect freedom.

Smoke, Mute, Thatcher, Kapkan, Sledge and Blitz are all on the short list of "Would probably be doing the terrorism if Rainbow hadn't picked them up."

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Orv posted:

Smoke, Mute, Thatcher, Kapkan, Sledge and Blitz are all on the short list of "Would probably be doing the terrorism if Rainbow hadn't picked them up."

The defenders are doing the terrorism. You could argue both sides for the hostage but for bombs and biohazard containers it's kind of clear.

Lady president is basically the Team Fortress 2 announcer. Or maybe announcer guy is. The game could use some plot.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Heran Bago posted:

The defenders are doing the terrorism. You could argue both sides for the hostage but for bombs and biohazard containers it's kind of clear.

Lady president is basically the Team Fortress 2 announcer. Or maybe announcer guy is. The game could use some plot.

No they are not. All the operator v operator multiplayer is training missions in AR simulations (with robots I think?). You're only actually fighting in Terrorist Hunt. The plot is there, just not in the game. Rainbow Six has plenty of lore.

Medlar posted:

Yeah but why would the White Masks assault a university with pollen? And only send in 5 ops?

Also vidyagame

If you're serious, it's not pollen, it's a special kind of toxic gas. Rainbow sends in 5-man teams because they're the best operators from every counter-terrorism unit worldwide. Small squads are perfectly normal.

And of course, just because video games are for fun doesn't mean they can't take themselves seriously.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 24, 2017

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Orv posted:

Not to mention the resident drug dealer Bandit!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Heran Bago posted:

I'm a little surprised they didn't do what America's Army did where you were always the good guys. Flip hostage to VIP and defuser to detonator depending on your side but that could get confusing quick for spectators.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ranked game, we're down 2 and just lost a round. Loading screen, connection failure. We all get sent back to Looking For Game, and immediately get paired with the same opposite players on a brand new game.

That's a new one on me!

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 24, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Copper IV, I did it!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
were diamond charms from last season supposed to be fixed? mine still plat colored

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What new champs do you think they will add?

This is what i thought of:

Perry - He has a periscope to look round corners and over stuff.
Wormy - He can drill a hole through a wall and thread a tiny camera through to spy on the other side.
Loopy - He can hack defensive cameras and loop footage to fool defenders like in the movie Speed.
Barbara - Spawns with like 10 barbed wire so she can fill a room with it like they do in terrorist hunt.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

CJ posted:

What new champs do you think they will add?

This is what i thought of:

Perry - He has a periscope to look round corners and over stuff.
Wormy - He can drill a hole through a wall and thread a tiny camera through to spy on the other side.
Loopy - He can hack defensive cameras and loop footage to fool defenders like in the movie Speed.
Barbara - Spawns with like 10 barbed wire so she can fill a room with it like they do in terrorist hunt.

Maybe someone who fills a large area with caltrops that do minor damage and slow people running through them down like barbed wire does. Make them sparse enough that you can get between them, while still forcing you to pay attention where you step.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nah the player models are huge compared to the first person perspective, it would be too hard to navigate. Also every has heavy boots.

Also you can barb up a room like in t hunt if everyone takes wire

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Iceman - Creates an ice patch on the floor that removes friction. So if you drop it by a door and an enemy tries to peek then they slide out into the open!
Kelvin - Has a thermal overlay view he can toggle. It doesn't let you see enemies through walls but makes them stand out a lot more if you see part of them through a bullet hole or something.
Camo - Disguises himself as a prop e.g. a potted plant or trash can. Context sensitive so he fits into his environment.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rampe - Carries shield on his back that is used as a protection against roamers.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
McCallister: sets up ceiling traps that knock players back and prone, if used by stairs or a drop the player is downed

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Rampe - Carries shield on his back that is used as a protection against roamers.

You can actually already do this with shield ops

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Laddy - Carries around a ladder.

Roamy - Has gadgets to help roaming.

Shotty - Has an automatic shotgun.

Bomby - Has a grenade launcher.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 24, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Draxion posted:

You can actually already do this with shield ops
Shield operators don't get assault rifles, which is kind-of the point here, mocking Montagne. 3-armor attacker with non-removable back shield and proper weapons.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Here's a classic our group thought up ages ago:

Cobbler - Places shoes behind barricaded doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Flamy - Has a flamethrower.

• Locked thread