Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
The Worst Bestsellers podcast also did an episode on Modelland as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It's like World of Synnibar but with an insane ten year old girl sensibility instead of an insane ten year old boy sensibility

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Sounds like they had a great live show. The forum posts from How to Good-Bye Depression are absolutely F Plus creep, though

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I liked the bad book party, I just hope they unfuck the audio next time

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

The forum posts from How to Good-Bye Depression are absolutely F Plus creep, though

The only problem with it is that it's a self-published book, but I'd say guests shouldn't be held to the same standards as the hosts. :shrug:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Sounds like they had a great live show. The forum posts from How to Good-Bye Depression are absolutely F Plus creep, though

Boots even read part of it at F Plus Live 2!

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Holy poo poo, the loving The Trees segment of the new Leave that Thing Alone is just loving... painful. Yes, we get it, you are incapable of imagining anyone having a different viewpoint than yourselves, we're very proud of your dedication to the god of Woke, please gently caress off. I'm not entirely white and very not a dude and yet I like this song a lot and indeed identify with Harrison Bergeron more than I probably should, at least according to you. It's almost as if people can feel held back by others and feel like they're not being recognized for their talents without it being #AllTreesMatter.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sinestro posted:

Holy poo poo, the loving The Trees segment of the new Leave that Thing Alone is just loving... painful. Yes, we get it, you are incapable of imagining anyone having a different viewpoint than yourselves, we're very proud of your dedication to the god of Woke, please gently caress off. I'm not entirely white and very not a dude and yet I like this song a lot and indeed identify with Harrison Bergeron more than I probably should, at least according to you. It's almost as if people can feel held back by others and feel like they're not being recognized for their talents without it being #AllTreesMatter.

Sir this is a Wendy's drive-thru

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sinestro posted:

I'm usually okay with Collision even at his most CalliLiberal moments but any time they're talking about music it brings out the worst in him. That Rush podcast is mostly unlistenable. It's very like Rush in that way.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's like World of Synnibar but with an insane ten year old girl sensibility instead of an insane ten year old boy sensibility

I've never had something sell me on a book as hard as you just did with this post.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The Trees is a silly rear end song and it's been poo poo on forever, because it's silly as gently caress. I expected them to poo poo on it even more really. Also, I like Rush.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

woke is bae

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The only part that got me mad on the latest LTTA is when they said having Fairytale be your favorite Christmas song is suspect, because other than that, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), and Last Christmas, Christmas songs are bad.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Christmas songs are effing sweet eff you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I Before E posted:

The only part that got me mad on the latest LTTA is when they said having Fairytale be your favorite Christmas song is suspect, because other than that, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), and Last Christmas, Christmas songs are bad.

it's like saying Die Hard is your favorite christmas movie

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Djeser posted:

Christmas songs are effing sweet eff you

Christmas music is a vast wasteland, but the good ones are very good.

Alaois posted:

That just means you haven't seen Lethal Weapon lately.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I Before E posted:

It is the only Christmas song (that I know of) that has the word "human being" in it.

So that's something.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I Before E posted:

Christmas music is a vast wasteland, but the good ones are very good.

A good illustration of that is what Spotify has termed "Christmas Product". But stuff like Sufjan Stevens' Songs for Christmas and Silver and Gold are real good.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Djeser posted:

A good illustration of that is what Spotify has termed "Christmas Product". But stuff like Sufjan Stevens' Songs for Christmas and Silver and Gold are real good.

Oh poo poo I forgot Sufjan had a Christmas album. I've gotten back into him recently, I should check that out closer to Christmas.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

I Before E posted:

That just means you haven't seen Lethal Weapon lately.

Die Hard is better than Lethal Weapon, but only by a slim margin. They're both great Christmas movies.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I Before E posted:

I should check that out closer to Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L7XcjR4JW4

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Alaois posted:

Reasonable, true, but so incredibly hackneyed that no one should ever say it?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I Before E posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot Sufjan had a Christmas album. I've gotten back into him recently, I should check that out closer to Christmas.

I'm not religious, or christian, but Sufjan's genuine faith makes for really enjoyable and moving music.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

I'm not religious, or christian, but Sufjan's genuine faith makes for really enjoyable and moving music.

Same, he's in the doubtful and contemplative wing of religious art that I find way more compelling than the hopeful and triumphant wing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Reasonable, true, but so incredibly hackneyed that no one should ever say it?

*ding-ding-ding*

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
The Man Who Comes In Pieces!

Sinestro posted:

Harrison Bergeron is such an ubermensch he literally starts flying once he throws off the government-mandated handicaps. I don't think it's meant to be a straight parody of communism, and J&C didn't seem to recognize that.

In general, their opinions of Rush are bizarre, but I won't get into that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Johnny Longtorso posted:

Harrison Bergeron is such an ubermensch he literally starts flying once he throws off the government-mandated handicaps. I don't think it's meant to be a straight parody of communism, and J&C didn't seem to recognize that.

In general, their opinions of Rush are bizarre, but I won't get into that.

My personal take on Bergeron is that it's a parody of Randian ideology, where the ubermensch is easily dispatched and forgotten once he's dead.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I Before E posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oWTuxh5mVg

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

J just posted on Facebook that our favorite clack-clackety good boy is not long for this world thanks to health problems :(.

Losing a dogge is the hardest thing, I think J could has some condolences right now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Heston :(

On a happier (???) note, who likes insane Clancyesque thrillers written by former NFL players? You do!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
you will be missed, snuffly clackly bulldog who always tried to knock over microphone stands and/or chew on the wire :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Famethrowa posted:

J just posted on Facebook that our favorite clack-clackety good boy is not long for this world thanks to health problems :(.

Losing a dogge is the hardest thing, I think J could has some condolences right now

Heston nooooo :(

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The new episode contains a digression about cargo pants that contains the line "magic yoohoo pockets"

Might be the best episode yet just from that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm very disappointed that Monday Night Jihad wasn't a sequel to Big Apple Takedown by way of 24.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I Before E posted:

I'm very disappointed that Monday Night Jihad wasn't a sequel to Big Apple Takedown by way of 24.

it's a spiritual sequel, if you take the long way around

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Is it a stereotype that football players like Disneyland or something? :confused:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Is it a stereotype that football players like Disneyland or something? :confused:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/2/5363088/going-to-disney-world-super-bowl-history

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
ICP: Behind the Paint, by Violent J.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

rumble in the bunghole posted:

ICP: Behind the Paint, by Violent J.

This was a bad idea

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ironic Twist posted:

This was a bad idea

is that an excerpt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah, this wasn't a great one. Both dudes seemed to hate the book and its subject and there were two genuinely awful riffs that lasted way too long (the Jay/Violent J confusion and the extended Olivia Tremor Control joke)