Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DancingShade posted:

Make sure you watch the safety video first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y_nACag-Oc

this is the goddamn love boat not the safety boat. Our cabin checklist is just a drunken steward awkwardly putting a condom on a banana and yelling "GAME ON"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

DO IT TO IT posted:

My favorite bioware animation is the hand wringing but the hands dont actually touch each other.

Mine is dramatic turn while hitting button/door from me3.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I hope Ryder dies from an Andromeda STD, the screen fades to black, and then there's a text explaining that you should never engage in sex without protection.

This happens even if your Ryder doesn't bang anybody.

That's the ending.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

I just want to romance the ship and/or the APC.

Romance Nomad, get into Nomad, romance Tempest, get Nomad to load into Tempest

its like a gently caress turducken

a fuckducken

:pervert:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Torrannor posted:

I hope Ryder dies from an Andromeda STD, the screen fades to black, and then there's a text explaining that you should never engage in sex without protection.

This happens even if your Ryder doesn't bang anybody.

That's the ending.

Obviously it needs this playing in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhrbK254yRE

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rinkles posted:

(I'm buying the game sometime down the line, not just threadshitting.)

whats this from? video i mean.

Zzulu posted:

I will bang... all of the aliens. Possibly all of the crew

welcome aboard my fuckship

yeah. Fillbert ryder will probaly bang the asari mentally disabled lady or the bird person. definitely Margaery Tyrell asari if its possible.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rinkles posted:

I'm the pudgy Asari

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm the pudgy Asari

oh wb. i was missing your eyebrows for those few hours

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Dan Didio posted:

Wanting to have sex with an alien is disgusting.

But sometimes doing is just a job you've got to get done.

Related, I heard about the 20% Amazon discount and preordered. The deluxe edition. :hurr:

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
So are there any decent deals for the PC version in the UK anywhere? Tried to see if the Amazon.com deluxe was up with the prime discount as origin is region free iirc but its not, neithers the digital download edition.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Rinkles posted:

hahah oh my god

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
seriously just look at that

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
It does look weird how their faces go from one emotion to another instantly near the end of the gif. They just kind of snap into it. Looks odd. right before she smirks. And how he goes from a pained face to nothing.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Christ, people are such babies about frame rates and animation issues. I have Hitman for regular PS4, which some goons have called unplayable, and didn't notice a single performance problem.

That said, I played Perfect Dark back in the day, and it was fine. So I'm sure Andromeda will be fine for me too.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I will have sex with all these blue girls

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm the pudgy Asari

BBAs (Big Beautiful Asari) are my fetish.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
wats pudgy about the asari

Serf
May 5, 2011

Peebee seems cool. Still don't know who I'll take besides Drack, depends on their personalities. What we need is space Oghren to really complete the team.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Milky Moor posted:

seriously just look at that

Regular person: These animations are janky and stiff.
Bioware fan: These animations are wanky and I'm getting stiff.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Zzulu posted:

wats pudgy about the asari

fat brows man

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

marshmallow creep posted:

BBAs (Big Beautiful Asari) are my fetish.

This but unironically

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

exquisite tea posted:

Regular person: These animations are janky and stiff.
Bioware fan: These animations are wanky and I'm getting stiff.

Sure, but outside of engine tech demos, when are they not in games?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats this from? video i mean.

The non-Freedom version of the Natalie Dormer video (which is like one minute longer)

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Looks fine to me, maybe even better than in Dragon Age Inquisition

Actually I think Peebee is making the same smirk from that early EA Play trailer?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SgtSteel91 posted:

Looks fine to me, maybe even better than in Dragon Age Inquisition

Actually I think Peebee is making the same smirk from that early EA Play trailer?

https://gfycat.com/DeafeningVelvetyFruitfly

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Am I remembering right that MP classes/races aren't locked to loot boxes anymore? Or do races still count as skins but classes are unlocked a different way?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

ijyt posted:

Am I remembering right that MP classes/races aren't locked to loot boxes anymore? Or do races still count as skins but classes are unlocked a different way?
I believe it's the same system as 3- preset race/power combinations.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
Starting to regret my pre-order after seeing most of the footage is incredibly corny. I'm getting a Captain Planet cartoon vibe off many of the characters.

HEART!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Medlar posted:

Starting to regret my pre-order after seeing most of the footage is incredibly corny. I'm getting a Captain Planet cartoon vibe off many of the characters.

HEART!

I am of the opinion that Mass Effect works better when the majority of it is like Stargate SG1 and not say the Battlestar Galactica remake. That is to say more light hearted and cheezy with action with occasional serious plots as opposed to oppressive grim dark and depression.

I use those as two more modern examples. A lot of what made Mass Effect work is influenced by Star Wars and Buck Rodgers and throw in some Blade Runner for aesthetics.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

BrianWilly posted:

The bro character is probably your actual bro.

Or sis!

loving your sister doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility for Bioware.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The asari has the face of Vin Diesel

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Now I have to bone her

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Rad Valtar posted:

loving your sister doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility for Bioware.

Through the game you learn the secret of time travel and it's revealed that the twins are their own parents

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

You guys stopped being ironic pages ago and now just creep me out.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

Go on.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Trast posted:

I am of the opinion that Mass Effect works better when the majority of it is like Stargate SG1 and not say the Battlestar Galactica remake. That is to say more light hearted and cheezy with action with occasional serious plots as opposed to oppressive grim dark and depression.

I use those as two more modern examples. A lot of what made Mass Effect work is influenced by Star Wars and Buck Rodgers and throw in some Blade Runner for aesthetics.

I like that comparison--though I got more of a Babylon 5-level of self-aware/sardonic humor than SG1. A few pages back somebody was extolling how good the Citadel DLC was and I agree it was at least the best ME3 expansion if not the best part of ME3.

The current-year hair/makeup-style and personality for the characters I've seen thus far feel a little jarring for a futuristic game. Does Rastaman really need them dreads? I see that crossfit games-haircut the blond sports at the gym all the time and it's already losing its luster for me. I'm surprised one of the male characters isn't rocking a manbun.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking. That said, I'd slam Peebles even if her personality is that of an annoying child's.

I sound like I'm about to start writing fan-fic

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

post picture proof plz

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Medlar posted:

I'm surprised one of the male characters isn't rocking a manbun.

Kai Leng

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Mashup of Vin and Paul Walker the ride together or die together with asari face over Vin and Ryder over Paul.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Back Hack posted:

You guys stopped being ironic pages ago and now just creep me out.

I went back and I think I found the exact moment goons stopped being ironic about this.