Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I gave my boyfriend an AE burger pin a couple days ago. I didn't cover it with lacquer or clear nail polish so I'm probably getting a new bf soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

mike12345 posted:

I ordered some Micro drawing penis for next to nothing, the printed text seems a bit off. So probably counterfeit. I never bought original Microns, so can't really compare. Eh.

Welp, too much internet for today.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hehe just received this elegant phone

I haven't tested the bluetooth yet but at startup it blasts a gently caress off loud opening movie credits sound, there's no option to make it silent lol

Now to check if someone makes a shortwave/gsm combo

Omg it works as an FM radio without plugin headphones in.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 23, 2017

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

I haven't tested the bluetooth yet but at startup it blasts a gently caress off loud opening movie credits sound, there's no option to make it silent lol

Hell yeah

More electronic experiments itt please

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Dunk it in some water.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Is it accurate to the rendering shown here?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Gonna take a very risky bet and say the back is a single shell of matte rubber and the screwheads are molded elements

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

Gonna take a very risky bet and say the back is a single shell of matte rubber and the screwheads are molded elements

Nope the screws are real ! There's a little screwdriver to open the back and pop 1 or 2 sim cards and a micro sd in there.
The battery is hella huge and says it's 5200 mAh on it. There's a menu option to charge an other phone with the usb plug that's hidden near the bottom.
It's really thick and pleasant to handle.

I wouldn't dunk it in water because it looks like the case is two halves clipped together, we'll see how it holds-up.
There's also a little flashlight on the top that turns on with the orange button. So far that's that's an excellent way to spend 37.79$

Gay Weed Dad posted:

It looks identical to me.
other remark: there's no 3.5mm plug to put headphones, or maybe it's hidden somewhere who knows

e: For some reason every menu item in the main menu is illustrated with a huge picture of a 4x4 american car

like so:

the screen isn't this lovely irl, it's just my photo

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 23, 2017

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

Nope the screws are real ! There's a little screwdriver to open the back and pop 1 or 2 sim cards and a micro sd in there.
The battery is hella huge and says it's 5200 mAh on it. There's a menu option to charge an other phone with the usb plug that's hidden near the bottom.

I wouldn't dunk it in water because it looks like the case is two halves clipped together, we'll see how it holds-up.
There's also a little flashlight on the top that turns on with the orange button. So far that's that's an excellent way to spend 37.79$

other remark: there's no 3.5mm plug to put headphones, or maybe it's hidden somewhere who knows

e: For some reason every menu item in the main menu is illustrated with a huge picture of a 4x4 american car

like so:

So did it come with the free USB Light =$2 ?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

like so:

Lol at the length of the battery bar on the screen.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

They were trying to make it awesome. Looks like that part worked.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

NuminaXLT posted:

So did it come with the free USB Light =$2 ?

Yeah I bought the free usb led light, there's something fucky going on in it because it actually gets hot, unlike the one I put together with misc parts I had laying around.

I'll check how much it draws before using it any more

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

that black plating looks loving cool but I would be kind of afraid of things leeching out of that metal into my finger, and my finger falling off

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

:gizz:

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Hey what was that site people were talking about buying makeup from earlier, I think it had the word "pretty" in it? I can't find it in the thread

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

timefly posted:

Hey what was that site people were talking about buying makeup from earlier, I think it had the word "pretty" in it? I can't find it in the thread

My Pretty Zombie? My Pale Goth Skin mentioned it in the makeup thread recently, I think.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Lol at the length of the battery bar on the screen.

Twice as long because it drains twice as fast

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

timefly posted:

Bornpretty.com I've only bought nail polish and nail polish related stuff from there though, not actual makeup.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Bornpretty is just AE stuff marked up. Half the polishes I've ordered from AE & Wish came with Born Pretty labeling.

The sparkly/duochrome polishes are good (for crafting, I haven't tried them on my fingers or toes). Only issue is, sometimes they're a gel so metallic you have to sponge it on, and it takes 10 layers. Super pretty, but I wouldn't do it for a temporary effect.

Also what the hell do you use to get gel polish out of a sponge?!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Bornpretty is just AE stuff marked up. Half the polishes I've ordered from AE & Wish came with Born Pretty labeling.

The sparkly/duochrome polishes are good (for crafting, I haven't tried them on my fingers or toes). Only issue is, sometimes they're a gel so metallic you have to sponge it on, and it takes 10 layers. Super pretty, but I wouldn't do it for a temporary effect.

Have you seen these around AE?

http://www.bornprettystore.com/bottle-born-pretty-chameleon-nail-polish-varnish-black-base-color-needed-p-24882.html

http://www.bornprettystore.com/10ml-born-pretty-chameleon-starry-nail-varnish-polish-friendly-bpc003-black-base-color-needed-p-37719.html

BP prices aren't bad, but its a bit hard for them to beat the 1.50-3.00 AE polishes cost.

quote:

Also what the hell do you use to get gel polish out of a sponge?!

Outside elbow grease? Probably some lacquer thinner to dissolve the gel, if your sponge can handle it (and you have rubber gloves).

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Yeah it was bornpretty. I guess you shouldn't use face makeup from either place then huh? I'm just starting to learn how to use makeup at 29. Guess I'll check out the makeup thread

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Neurolimal posted:

Have you seen these around AE?

http://www.bornprettystore.com/bottle-born-pretty-chameleon-nail-polish-varnish-black-base-color-needed-p-24882.html

http://www.bornprettystore.com/10ml-born-pretty-chameleon-starry-nail-varnish-polish-friendly-bpc003-black-base-color-needed-p-37719.html

BP prices aren't bad, but its a bit hard for them to beat the 1.50-3.00 AE polishes cost.

Outside elbow grease? Probably some lacquer thinner to dissolve the gel, if your sponge can handle it (and you have rubber gloves).

AE sellers seem to have caught on to the fact that BP stuff sells, for example:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/327...7bbf05#autostay

Wish used to have much better prices, I don't know if they still do. It's been about a year since I bought the ones I have. I do have either that exact green, or a dupe. I'll dig it out and see what the label says.

Another issue is, "color changing," "duochrome," "multichrome," "chameleon," etc also bring up thermal polishes. On both Wish and AE. You have to be willing to browse around, which I should have mentioned.

For those prices, you might as well order Dance Legend from their direct site. I didn't know they'd gone up that much, my apologies.

timefly posted:

Yeah it was bornpretty. I guess you shouldn't use face makeup from either place then huh? I'm just starting to learn how to use makeup at 29. Guess I'll check out the makeup thread

In general, the makeup isn't a good idea. Usually the quality is way off, and there are contamination issues to worry about. Some people get gross eye/skin infections. Even if you don't, there's the heavy metal absorption to worry about.

The makeup thread is rad, lots of helpful people. I didn't get into makeup properly (beyond the occasional drugstore shadow) until I was 25. There's always time to catch up.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I'm kinda tempted to get this vacuum tube shortwave radio kit, maybe build a better housing for it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-LOT-Five-wave-band-three-lamp-tube-shortwave-radio-kit-with-base-kit-Free-shipping/32774567159.html

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got my pins, necklace and this bracelet in the mail today!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Art...0608.0.0.pxxtLr

I'm trying it on and noticing it's giving off really strong fumes and I'm getting really nauseous

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

help I cant get the clasp undone

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
RIP

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

For those prices, you might as well order Dance Legend from their direct site. I didn't know they'd gone up that much, my apologies.

No problem, your post made me check out AE nail polishes, which will probably save me a good number of bux later, so I appreciate that!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Re: phone review

Unless there's a problem with my sd card or the files themselves it can't bluetooth music for poo poo. The sound stutters like it's 1997

I've also received those seeds

lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Unless there's a problem with my sd card or the files themselves it can't bluetooth music for poo poo. The sound stutters like it's 1997

lol

I wonder if, after the scam seeds sold so well, chinese distros just came to the conclusion that americans really love seeds and rocks made to look like seeds

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

lol

lol wat

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Those are probably magic beans, I would plant them asap

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ahahahhaha *screaaaaaaaaaaaaaam*

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

piece one of my inspector Gadget cosplay secured!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Snowy posted:

Those are probably magic beans, I would plant them asap

Lol magic invasive kudzu vine seeds you mean.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Oh no..... Lol

Also I like the new(?) av!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Lol magic invasive kudzu vine seeds you mean.

They have the magic ability of being a plant that is bad for the armosphere

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
One of my shipmnts is in Flushing and I'm supr xcited! Th others have not lft China yt :(

Some prtty things on super dals today...

A uniqu cut necklac
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2687300692.html

A quirky dress
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2787726452.html

I lik this watch
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2741239043.html

and this wood watch
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2314050221.html

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That70sHeidi posted:

One of my shipmnts is in Flushing and I'm supr xcited! Th others have not lft China yt :(

Lmao this is like cthulu talk, I hope you never get a working keyboard

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Synthbuttrange posted:

I got my pins, necklace and this bracelet in the mail today!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Art...0608.0.0.pxxtLr

I'm trying it on and noticing it's giving off really strong fumes and I'm getting really nauseous

Synthbuttrange posted:

help I cant get the clasp undone

Stick it out in a grageish area to air out.

Might have to replace the clasp. I've had to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Lead jokes aside, a lot of these rough smells you get are likely far more innocent than you think; mold release, gloss coats, paint curing (some paints can take up to a week after application before they stop releasing gas), and some sort of leather preservative are likely the big culprits. Industrial-grade stuff can stink like hell because these sorts of factories dont smell great to begin with, and they aren't competing with Lemon Scented E-Z-Coat (900gal bottle).

Not saying they aren't rank as hell, just that you can hold off on writing your will.