Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

all replacements will die, to the power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

You two have anything to say about any of the other goings on?

Gulag, who scum?

Lumpen still has my vote. I'm giving him enough credence that I would like to see a lurker/someone scummy to hammer, if we can. At the very least someone who's claimed VT. Given that he's at -4 and we have a full day left, it's a vote in spirit right now, but it's there.

I honestly don't know what I think of his investigation claim. Pander was on my watch list earlier, but he's shown more involvement today, and not just towards Lumpen and his claims.

This whole day has been really drat weird.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

D, in the name of Keane

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

4 D, 5 C

12 potential outstanding votes

Listing in order first hit now since tied:

6 C
6 D

9 potential outstanding votes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Give her the D

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

all replacements will die, to the power.

2spoopy

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

option D

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
8 more minutes until event is done.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Starting to catch up with the thread.

Lumpen, you'd better give us a List before your inevitable lynching.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Little Mac posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking Lumpen accomplished what he wanted which was outting a summon. Weren't there previous 3P roles in other FF cpig games that required finding or killing other players? I recall reading that somewhere, but those who actually played in them can probably say whether or not that's true.

There's no way we don't vote Lumpen today, right? Unless someone has a vig, that'd be awesome.

Since I said I would share my notes: prior to this claim my top three scummiest people was this:

1. Pander
2. Keane
3. Dick Bastardly

Pander will look different to me in light of Lumpen's flip (a 3P flip would not make Pander look less scummy, imo, since a 3P Lumpen could scumhunt too. A scum Lumpen makes me think Pander is town and my gut is bad). Keane I was obviously wrong about since he flipped VT. Dick has really lazy cases on Gulag (might be borne of not knowing him, though?) and also scumclaims. Would vote tomorrow.

For now: ##vote lumpen

You know that Keane is dead, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

I'm not reading along and am gonna go withy the last strong read I had.

Okay back to work I'll try to check in again sometime today maybe.

I don't see town Kash doing this. I think if he was town and disnegaged from the thread he'd at least try to make sense of things before voting, even if he couldn't do a proper reread

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Rarity posted:

Starting to catch up with the thread.

Lumpen, you'd better give us a List before your inevitable lynching.

Why would he? It's just going to be thrown away when he flips.

Rarity posted:

You know that Keane is dead, right?

He noted that in his post.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
THE SEA KING WILL SAVE US ALL C

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Though rosa protested, Cecil and edward took the body of joanna and began to beat at the ice with it.

After about 10 hours they finally broke through as Rosa sat and cried softly.

NO ONES ABILITIES RESET

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Second: a scum Lumpen claims wanted a counter claim because he knew he was likely to be lynched today and getting a counter claim would help his team by giving them a better idea of who to target at night. Since all three monsters are claiming vanilla, the scum team can safely ignore them at night and concentrate on using non killing roles on the other players.

Of the two possibilities, I think the second one would be more likely as the first one has a decent amount of risk.

The problem with that is I claimed Leviathan straight out of the gates and yet no one seems to have targeted me for 2 nights now, which doesn't make sense if scum gets a boon for taking us out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

Okay, clearly I am being too subtle for this crowd. Here is a claim: Based on night-action-related information, I am 100% sure that Pander is a Lunarian. I am a loving lynch bomb right now, and I want him to hammer me, because he will DIE.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Though rosa protested, Cecil and edward took the body of joanna and began to beat at the ice with it.

After about 10 hours they finally broke through as Rosa sat and cried softly.

NO ONES ABILITIES RESET

HAHAHA!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning, I'm still catching up so sorry if this has been covered already, but flavor-wise Fisk's miller claim makes total sense if he is Cecil the Dark Knight, who becomes a Paladin later after plot things happen. I also remember he said early on in the game that his character looked cool and he wished he could post the artwork - that would also fit Cecil ;)

He could still have that be his fakeclaim of course, but as a fakeclaim it would be a very well thought-out one :v:

Coming up with amazing fakeclaims is the best part of Taste's game. At this point I just don't believe him unless it's been verified.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

THE SEA KING WILL SAVE US ALL C

This vote was in on time, launching an official protest :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So the last couple of pages are mostly Lumpen and Pander rising to it.

Pander, ignoring Lumpen who else do you want to lynch and why?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

The problem with that is I claimed Leviathan straight out of the gates and yet no one seems to have targeted me for 2 nights now, which doesn't make sense if scum gets a boon for taking us out.

What?

I'm saying that by getting CLord to counter claim, the scum team Lumpen is on (and the other team as well) can both safely ignore the three monsters because we don't pose any threat at night.

I'm not suggesting that scum get a boon for killing us. In fact, if scum do get a boon for killing us then why isn't one of us dead already? I don't think a single scum team can't kill all three of us on one night. So if they do need us dead, then one of us should have died last night.

Instead, the scum team(s) now know that the three of us can't do anything at night so they can use any non killing roles on other people.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Way to pick the option that didn't help town?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Coming up with amazing fakeclaims is the best part of Taste's game. At this point I just don't believe him unless it's been verified.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Lumpen posted:

Okay, clearly I am being too subtle for this crowd. Here is a claim: Based on night-action-related information, I am 100% sure that Pander is a Lunarian. I am a loving lynch bomb right now, and I want him to hammer me, because he will DIE.
What's funny is Lumpen is still being coy here. He's not specifying what night action or even which night.

He and his scumbuddies are furious at me, with good cause, and he's trying every possible gambit in the book to make me pay for it.

I am so glad I signed up for this game, because the schadenfreude is so amazing.

Rarity posted:

So the last couple of pages are mostly Lumpen and Pander rising to it.

Pander, ignoring Lumpen who else do you want to lynch and why?
Inf would be high on my list. I don't like how he used "dumb" as though it validated his voting, I felt his interactions with pera were really not town, and I don't see much interest in actually casing this game. His immediate reaction to me calling out lumpen was the most genuine thing I've seen from him this game.

TT/Fisk went out of his way to claim not only his flavor role but what he functionally did, when there really wasn't any reason to. I don't know if he ever answered my question as to why he'd claim miller D3. I've brought up some other things he's done too if you check my history.

Almost everyone but Inf/Fisk occupy this kind of gray area where I have some doubts but nothing super concrete. Usually by now I'd have a few people I'd feel are pretty towny, but not so much this game.

Kash was looking better with his effortposting, but that goodwill is washed away with some pretty bad posts lately. I was distracted by bigger issues at the time, but I remember my gut not liking them.

Quid looked worse by the end of yesterday, odd interactions.

Mithross' casing yesterday feels like it was built with a destination in mind, and thus every interpretation bends toward the conclusion he wanted to give. And he called me more involved today, when I think I was pretty drat involved yesterday.

Gulagdolls is a borderline white noise machine similar to Varinn, which is frustrating at best and a wonderful cover for scum at worst.

And that doesn't really get into the lurkers. I'm big into seeing if a poster's history makes sense, and it's really hard to do that with folks like SoS and moat.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Way to pick the option that didn't help town?

Yeah these options are funny and all, but now that it's been demonstrated multiple times that the bad option does in fact give bad results, can we quit it now and stop giving scum the easy cover of doing it for the lulz?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

TMMadman posted:

What?

I'm saying that by getting CLord to counter claim, the scum team Lumpen is on (and the other team as well) can both safely ignore the three monsters because we don't pose any threat at night.

I'm not suggesting that scum get a boon for killing us. In fact, if scum do get a boon for killing us then why isn't one of us dead already? I don't think a single scum team can't kill all three of us on one night. So if they do need us dead, then one of us should have died last night.

Instead, the scum team(s) now know that the three of us can't do anything at night so they can use any non killing roles on other people.

That's still a very small benefit to be gained.

I mean I can't think up too much else, maybe just hoping it's a lurker who won't chime in, or that it was me (which lets him claim incredulity). It's just a really small benefit for guaranteeing your lynch.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

What the hell is going on in this game, my good lord.

Can we bring MMT back and argue about her alignment, that was less insufferable than this crap -_________

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Not exactly going to hang my hat on "I'm a miller, also the protagonist of the game who won't be counterclaimed because reasons"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

What the hell is going on in this game, my good lord.

Can we bring MMT back and argue about her alignment, that was less insufferable than this crap -_________
This is not a good post.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Not exactly going to hang my hat on "I'm a miller, also the protagonist of the game who won't be counterclaimed because reasons"
What reason at all does anyone have to believe that Cecil isn't just your fake claim, and that you're actually scum (not a miller) who killed on N1 because that's what scum do?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

1) my posting

2) common sense

If scum had fake claims, there wouldn't be two asuras

If scum had fake claims, Cecil would probably not be one

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah these options are funny and all, but now that it's been demonstrated multiple times that the bad option does in fact give bad results, can we quit it now and stop giving scum the easy cover of doing it for the lulz?

No.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

1) my posting

2) common sense

We know scum have fake claims because FuSoYa wasn't counter-claimed.

There's zero reason to be certain Cecil isn't a fake claim. As a mod I made Phoenix Wright a fake claim once I think (maybe Edgeworth?) in a PW mafia.

Your posting isn't very good, and you've tended to be very abrasive when it comes to doing anything besides claiming your role.

Are you expecting people to go "oh well he claimed cecil, he's effectively mod confirmed town now"?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

1) my posting

2) common sense

Scum absolutely have fake claims.

CapitalistPig posted:

Scum has been provided with fakeclaims and a sample role pm.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Cecil is town.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i know that taste is cecil because he said his art was cool, and amano put the most effort into the drawing of dark knight cecil kneeling like a football player.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

i know that taste is cecil because he said his art was cool, and amano put the most effort into the drawing of dark knight cecil kneeling like a football player.

lol that's legit the picture except also spliced with paladin Cecil

If scum have fake claims what does that mean about lump and chaos

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

possibly one or both of them have contracted brain failure in that case.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
This is literally in the OP and it is my second time posting it because I posted it about peramene's claim D1.

CapitalistPig posted:

Scum has been provided with fakeclaims and a sample role pm.

Fisk seems very sincere about not knowing though so I would say he is effectively confirmed Town based just on that.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

only scum read the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

lol that's legit the picture except also spliced with paladin Cecil

If scum have fake claims what does that mean about lump and chaos

Did you miss the part where we talked about this?

• Locked thread