Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

has anyone made a video where they show off the option to turn off most of the HUD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Wallace
Rosey
Moonbeam
Edgar

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I actually might do this

Do it right

Aponu
Bpono
Cponi
Dpone
Epona

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Yes
More, I am getting legit good suggestions

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

poo poo
gently caress
rear end
Cock
Fart
Bitch

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

poo poo, piss, gently caress, oval office, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits, fart, dirty twat.

poo poo, piss, gently caress, oval office, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits, fart, dirty twat.

I hosed your mom.

(seriously reading all these previews practically has me, jaded old gamer guy, frothing at the mouth.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

Do it right

Aponu
Bpono
Cponi
Dpone
Epona

It should obviously be Aponi. Or take a leaf from Robbie Williams and name your horses "Some Horse" and "Another Horse".

Wendell
May 11, 2003

well why not posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsc6dg1sjE

here's gameplay from Polygon. He dies a bit, but doesn't seem to be actively lovely, just new at the game and loving around. Contains horse violence.

This looks extremely good!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Body
Doyle
Tiger
The Jewellery Man

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

well why not posted:

here's gameplay from Polygon. He dies a bit, but doesn't seem to be actively lovely, just new at the game and loving around. Contains horse violence.

Seeing Link murdering his own horse makes me very deeply uncomfortable

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Augus posted:

has anyone made a video where they show off the option to turn off most of the HUD?

Someone has a video of the fiddling with it during one of those demo events. Don't remember who, but it's out there. Maybe Blunty on YouTube?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Can we recreate the horse scene from Shadow of the Colossus?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Boxer

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gonna name my first horse Bort and my second horse also Bort.
The axes and spears and other alternate weapons seem genuinely really fun to play around with, I think they might've actually struck a nice balance with the disposability with weapons that other games with loot systems that fill your inventory with weapons miss.
Also the black cloak Link is wearing here is pretty slick (1:02 if the timestamp doesn't work)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGJcgaaVMII&t=62s

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

well why not posted:

I know everyone says Polygon sucks at games but I liked this video quite a bit because he's actually talking about the game's features and how specific things work. Most of the other videos out there are just the creator talking about how wonderful everything is and how happy everyone will be once the game comes out.

EDIT: Holy poo poo you can surf with your shield

Macintosh HD fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 24, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope there's a Raoh tier horse.

Kfroog
Nov 9, 2012
I'm going to name my horse Kokuougou just to check if that's a secret cheat code to transform it into a Raoh-tier horse.

Kfroog fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 24, 2017

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Has anyone heard about taming things other than horses? There have been some horse-sized rams in the linked videos and I can't stop thinking about riding one of those instead of a lame old horse.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsc6dg1sjE&t=246s wanna tame that ram

BattleHamster fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 24, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I will do my damnedest to put a saddle on a Moblin.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

well why not posted:

Can we talk about the fact that partway through the video while Link was looking at things with his Shiekah slate, they held for a sec on a bunch of Bokoblins sitting in a circle around a campfire and hanging out? It was surprisingly cute.

It looked like they were having a little Bokoblin tactics meeting! :3: I'm really impressed by how convincingly the enemies seem to be doing their own thing while the player isn't interacting with them.

e: the weather in this game looks just incredible.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 24, 2017

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Cicadas! posted:

Can we talk about the fact that partway through the video while Link was looking at things with his Shiekah slate, they held for a sec on a bunch of Bokoblins sitting in a circle around a campfire and hanging out? It was surprisingly cute.

It looked like they were having a little Bokoblin tactics meeting! :3: I'm really impressed by how convincingly the enemies seem to be doing their own thing while the player isn't interacting with them.

Did you see that one part where he started talking about shield surfing and there was a skeleton arm that was still grabbing for things. I love that kinda stuff.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

BattleHamster posted:

Has anyone heard about taming things other than horses? There have been some horse-sized rams in the linked videos and I can't stop thinking about riding one of those instead of a lame old horse.

There's a picture on I think the Gamespot review of him in the middle of taming a deer. It doesn't have the dash gauge icons, and it's possible he can't actually ride it, but he's on it's back and he has the "Soothe" command.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I'm trying to avoid spoilers but these early previews are exactly what I want to see. What's great is that there's still so much mystery surrounding the environment and what you're going to face. I'm going to have to avoid the internet for the next two weeks or so until I get my copy but everything I've seen so far is really impressive and I haven't seen almost any negativity yet.

It feels like those that have played it act like kids in a candy store: a kind of child-like joy and awe. I think I'm happier about recapturing that than almost anything else.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Can I play the song of storms in the game and make it rain?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Speaking of songs... do we know what instrument link uses in this game?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Has Lonk ever played the bass? Though, since they have the sheikah tablet, it's probably a sequencer app.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
You can download a harmonica app for the Sheika Slate from the Play Store.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FooF posted:

It feels like those that have played it act like kids in a candy store: a kind of child-like joy and awe.

Can confirm.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Naming my horse Glue.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Calaveron posted:

So I need a list of horse names
So far I have
Freckles
Butterscotch
Cinnamon
Horseface
And uh that's it please advise

"Twilight Hack"

Alternatively, as much of the actual text string used for said hack as you can fit in the game

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I hope we have the option to ride through Hyrule on a horse with no name.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It felt good to get out of the rain

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

It felt good to get out of the rain

No, I want it to rain all the time.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm gonna name my horse Super Mario Kart

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Any word on if we can tame wild dogs or other non-mountable animals? Only reason I haven't looked around for a Wolf Link amiibo is because I was somehow under the impression that that would be a thing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cojawfee posted:

No, I want it to rain all the time.

It can't rain all the time

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Iserlohn posted:

Any word on if we can tame wild dogs or other non-mountable animals? Only reason I haven't looked around for a Wolf Link amiibo is because I was somehow under the impression that that would be a thing.

You can tame dogs.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What about wild boar? Can you tame Calamity Ganon?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In the japanese version you can tame Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Guys, even though I only have a Wii U I'm really excited.