Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
All four of those are in a book you can find in WM2, like that text is from an in game book. I'd assumed they would be in game in the Deadfire with that level of foreshadowing, little disappoint they're a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

First time I read of the polpovir in poe I wanted to see them. I really really hope they get included at some point.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

All four of those are in a book you can find in WM2, like that text is from an in game book. I'd assumed they would be in game in the Deadfire with that level of foreshadowing, little disappoint they're a stretch.

It is disappointing, hopefully this stretch goal is for ship random encounters with them, and that they will exist in the normal game anyway.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I wanna fight the big fish monsters :(

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

:confused:

Literally none of that text is from the in-game book and only the polpovir is in that book.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The Kraken was the final boss of The White March Part Two and sea monsters are the big thing in Deadfire, so yeah, I was surprised to see them as a stretch goal. I assume that, even if this stretch goal isn't reached, we'll still see *some* sea monsters in the game.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

The Kraken was the final boss of The White March Part Two and sea monsters are the big thing in Deadfire, so yeah, I was surprised to see them as a stretch goal. I assume that, even if this stretch goal isn't reached, we'll still see *some* sea monsters in the game.

Well going off of Fulvano's map there's a bird-serpent, some sort of sea dragon, an angry fish lobster, and a hosed up narwhal thing.

I'm hoping we can actually run into all of those.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's a shame there's no "I'll contribute X if goal Y is achieved through the sum total of my pledge + others" on Fig, otherwise I'd definitely throw another twenty quid on to the fire.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Put in my pledge at the last possible minute, thank god I remembered. I'm pretty bummed that we probably won't make the $4.75mil goal, that really sounds cool (and I won't mind the pseudo-animancer being a full companion either), but really happy we've gotten so far. Now we just have to wait like a year, or probably more. That... that'll be real easy... :shepface:

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 25, 2017

Octo1
May 7, 2009
When is the beta? I need to start planning builds now.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. A loving fishing minigame. Like the one gimmick thing that would make me back it.

It is too late?

EDIT: One hour left

EDIT EDIT:

I am now loving entitledto the best and most mechanically complex fishing mini-game to ever exist. My $29 is a better loving count for something.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 25, 2017

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Well I waited until practically the last minute but I pledged for a digital copy.

First time crowdfunding anything, but I liked POE 1 enough and they already have so much to show for their efforts on Deadfire that I feel pretty good about it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Octo1 posted:

When is the beta? I need to start planning builds now.

Oh my god, I know!

I am thinking doing a live-bait guy for my first run through, maybe dabble in a bit of plugging. I really want to do a fly fisherman, but they are so fussy and imho pretty dull for the fist few levels. It's funny, I always go into these games with all these fun ideas but always end up just playing the same old "Midwest Finesse/Soft Fulkes" style multiclass.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that Fulvano is pulling away in a rowboat while his ship gets destroyed and his shipmates get eaten, and he's all,"Welp time to kick back and relax! :)"

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Looks like we'll fall short of getting Crew with the base campaign, but maybe paypal?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Fulvano is pulling away in a rowboat while his ship gets destroyed and his shipmates get eaten, and he's all,"Welp time to kick back and relax! :)"

This probably isn't the first time something like this has happened to Fulvano.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

rope kid posted:

:confused:

Literally none of that text is from the in-game book and only the polpovir is in that book.

You're right, my bad! I think my brain remembered the popolvir and filled in some gaps on me without actually remembering real things.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Oblivious posted:

This probably isn't the first time something like this has happened to Fulvano.

First Mate: For God's sake, Captain, the rowboat is built for more than one! :gonk:
Fulvano: I like to put my feet up v:shobon:v

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I almost wish we'd not seen the last two stretch goals. It's much easier to miss things you knew that in principle you could have had, rather than things that you never knew were an option.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
backed this bad boy

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Jerusalem posted:

In another life, in another galaxy his name was...Zaeed!
Lets hope that Fulvano makes out like a bandit.

With 22 minutes to go just want to say congrats to all the team on a successful campaign and can't wait for the finished product (and DLC)!
I'll totally be getting Tyranny with the voucher and give that a whirl while I wait

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm kind of surprised sea monsters weren't already a thing in this.

Maybe it's just the difference between actual sea monster fights and the CYOA style stuff?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
If the fishing mini-game does not happen I am gonna send some sternly worded letters to the BBB about these Fig people.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
So are they correct saying this is the most heavily backed crowdfunded game ever now?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

So are they correct saying this is the most heavily backed crowdfunded game ever now?

on fig, at least

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Star Citizen exists. If they're claiming RPG, probably?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Also I want to say Shenmue 3 got like $9 mil or something

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
PoE 2 has less than half the backers but more money pledged than the first game, am I looking at that right?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Upped my pledge.

I'm doing my part!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

3Romeo posted:

PoE 2 has less than half the backers but more money pledged than the first game, am I looking at that right?

Yeah. I don't know if investors get counted in the backers total though. If they aren't, that could add a few thousand more.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Those last minute pledges are rolling in! 400% of goal reached.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Wish I could add more money than I have already, but this is still pretty impressive.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They're calling out the punk rear end bitches at the Codex

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Looks like the Campaign is ending with $100,000 short of the boat crew.

Aeonsim
Jan 18, 2015
I suspect they'll get another 100-200k from paypal.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SgtSteel91 posted:

Looks like the Campaign is ending with $100,000 short of the boat crew.

I'd be real surprised if Paypal didn't shoot them to within spitting distance of $4.5M. Still a heck of a lot of money raised, either way you slice it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The timer froze

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Well poo poo. Congratulations, fellas.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
4.4 mill! Grats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Finishing on a round percent is oddly satisfying.

• Locked thread