Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

spamman posted:

Yeah, that looked super painful.

O'Meara and Brownlow Medalist/Club Legend Sam Mitchell look great. Stewart and Miles also decent. Rough also busy. Good signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Constant "unknown error" when trying to play watchafl for the Bombers game. What a service.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

Constant "unknown error" when trying to play watchafl for the Bombers game. What a service.

I'm trying to watch it via the phone app and keep getting a message 'Can't play this video'

Good work Telstra

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I got it working briefly in the third quarter. Was great quality and no buffering or anything when it did. Then back to unknown error.

But, uh, was Daniher injured because I didn't see him at all then saw he had 1 handball for -1 DT point on the footy live app.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Freo with the first behind and first goal of the game. 5 minutes gone.

Stream: http://www.afl.com.au/womens/matches/match-centre?matchid=100640404&competitionid=10064

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I just wanna watch Dockers vs Crows how do I do this the AFL site is really bad for me right now

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

I got it working briefly in the third quarter. Was great quality and no buffering or anything when it did. Then back to unknown error.

But, uh, was Daniher injured because I didn't see him at all then saw he had 1 handball for -1 DT point on the footy live app.

he had 60 or so % game time so he wasn't off the ground. It was his first game back from injury though and he might have lacked a bit of fitness

probably doesn't matter if Begley can make habit of performances like that though

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
hm maybe it wasn't on my end then if everyone else is struggling with it all today. It was rubbish for the first 3 quarters and I thought maybe my fiddling with fixed it for the last, but maybe I just got lucky.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Crows moral leaders after a joke of a downfield free kick.

If these academy umpires are the future, the league is in trouble

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bugger it I'll watch the highlights later, streaming was a bad idea.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah this umpire is really bad, he reported a Fremantle girl for an incidental head on head collision, and is missing all sorts of stuff. He's also shorter than most of the players, which makes me think he's 12 years old.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Why don't they use academy umpires for the JLT series which actually don't matter, and have real umpires for the AFLW

Also Carn the purps

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
They need to bring in stopping the clock next season and then also tighten up what is called by umps. So many throws, high tackles and incorrect disposals are called as playon. Tighten up the umpiring so the players don't learn to play incorrectly for the future. Let season 1 be the 'taste test' so everyone is used to it and from next year onwards play the game properly.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm also against the idea of expanding the number of teams next year, because I think expanding the current lists is a more immediate concern. Multiple teams this year have already had to top up players because they couldn't fill a team sheet which is pretty ridiculous four weeks in.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No expansion next year, 2019 at the earliest they came out and said the other week. But it could be two new teams at once, who knows.

Cats, North, Tigers, St Kilda and the Eagles have all have provisional licenses. I think Eagles are a lock in for one of the next two, that way they can hype up the local derby, probably Cats too, get games down at Gtown.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The pay packet is somewhat small, the game is being played during the hottest part of the year and the lists aren't large enough for the teams to have any depth. Those are all larger concern imho.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I think it's worthwhile to stick with the current number for at least next year.

My radical solution is to shorten the men's season (because by god if that stupid 17-5 idea comes up...) and make the women's season a bit longer. Obviously there's things like TV rights to deal with so the 22 game season probably won't change, but I think it wouldn't hurt to have the AFLW overlap into autumn and maybe have their GF during one of the AFLM bye weeks.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i hope someone beats either adelaide or brisbane in the next couple of rounds (adelaide v melbourne in 2 weeks would be a great time for it) because it would be boring for 2 undefeated sides to just cruise to the final all season.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

i hope someone beats either adelaide or brisbane in the next couple of rounds (adelaide v melbourne in 2 weeks would be a great time for it) because it would be boring for 2 undefeated sides to just cruise to the final all season.

Adelaide v Brisbane is on next Saturday night at The Parade, so you'll get your wish

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

also mason wood is going to be out injured for the next couple of months and ben jacobs has re-broken his foot but fox footy are still trying to pump up north's chances this year

i guess if north does poo poo people forget they exist?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Adelaide v Brisbane is on next Saturday night at The Parade, so you'll get your wish

i literally checked the fixture before making that post, i have no idea how i missed that

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

North had a pile of injuries to end last year. They might be total arse.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Going hard for Brisbane next week because that would mean we can win out to make the final. If Adelaide win we have to rely on them dropping another game, Brisbane dropping another, or us making up a huge percentage gap.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

hiddenmovement posted:

North had a pile of injuries to end last year. They might be total arse.

I think might could be will.

The Deadly Hume posted:

I think it's worthwhile to stick with the current number for at least next year.

My radical solution is to shorten the men's season (because by god if that stupid 17-5 idea comes up...) and make the women's season a bit longer. Obviously there's things like TV rights to deal with so the 22 game season probably won't change, but I think it wouldn't hurt to have the AFLW overlap into autumn and maybe have their GF during one of the AFLM bye weeks.

Here's an expansion on that - add two more teams to the men's competition so we can have a 19-round h&a where each team faces each other once, and it'll give the women's competition plenty of room to expand into both in its current form (which I agree it should consolidate into) and when more teams get added.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

P.S. Joel Selwoods a grade a fuckwit

Does this now apply to Moana Hope too or she exempt cos AFL WOMENS

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/collingwood-magpies-womens-player-moana-hope-booked-for-speeding/

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yep. Not a good look, especially since she is supposed to be the postergirl of the competition.

She runs a traffic management company so maybe if she had her yellow lights on it would have helped.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Of course it applies, although Mo might be an a-/b+ grade fuckwit because she didn't lose her license.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I'm constantly surprised by how seriously some supporters take the preseason games and the ridiculous conclusions they jump to because of it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

I'm constantly surprised by how seriously some supporters take the preseason games and the ridiculous conclusions they jump to because of it.

Seems like it's pretty fair to come to the conclusion that Richmond is the premiership favourite, and Carlton's season is over. Richmond fans should be booking in time off from their non-penalty rate weekend shifts for the grand final, and beat the rush.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

Of course it applies, although Mo might be an a-/b+ grade fuckwit because she didn't lose her license.

Good Bloke Lass

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

spamman posted:

Yeah, that looked super painful.

O'Meara and Mitchell look great. Stewart and Miles also decent. Rough also busy. Good signs.

Really? I think O'Meara looks like a dumb idiot fuckerman

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

Yeah, I'm never super bothered by the scoreline if it's close, more interested in how various players are shaping up.

I doubt I'll get to the Saints vs Swans match at Lavi because it's a evening game (which is OK considering it can get stupid hot here even in March) but it starts at 7.10pm on a Sunday (wtf).

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Melbournes next AFLW game starts at the viewer and player friendly time of 5:05pm on an early March Friday

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Solemn Sloth posted:

Melbournes next AFLW game starts at the viewer and player friendly time of 5:05pm on an early March Friday

To be fair, it's against the worst team in the comp.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Apparently Collingwood is out trying to poach Erin Phillips with a marquee contract offer for 2018 before the AFL sets up player movement rules. It's very Collingwood.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hiddenmovement posted:

Good Bloke Lass

I think sheila is the female counterpart of bloke.

NTRabbit posted:

Apparently Collingwood is out trying to poach Erin Phillips with a marquee contract offer for 2018 before the AFL sets up player movement rules. It's very Collingwood.

How dare they :mad:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

I think sheila is the female counterpart of bloke.

Top bird and good chick will probably factor in there too

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Well, she already knocked them back the first time to play for us, and I imagine she's getting enough from the Dallas Wings that getting $10k more from Collingwood won't mean much.

Also, according to someone semi-involved with the admin side of the AFLW on bf, the AFL wants to stamp out any bullshit poaching before it starts, because they want club cultures and fan investment to take off first.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Not AFL related but interesting regardless.
This is a headline that seriously could only come from the US of A.

https://twitter.com/vocativ/status/836326390244986880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

High school sport is serious business

• Locked thread