Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
new loyalist mech where you are just the pilot running around with small arms like the loyalist infantry when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
woo just unlocked the creepy eyeless spacer. only the spooky boss skeleton to go! :woop:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SpaceClown posted:

new loyalist mech where you are just the pilot running around with small arms like the loyalist infantry when?

Press F1

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

give us more mechs and levels and maybe those reviews won't... disappear
The rest of us will remain available for... renegotiation.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

cheats are for NEETs, it doesn't count unless its official :colbert:

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
it is admittedly pretty fun though, i would unironically enjoy a joke vehicle choice like this.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

give us more mechs and levels and maybe those reviews won't... disappear

Both are incoming

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

SpaceClown posted:

cheats are for NEETs, it doesn't count unless its official :colbert:

Dave used to be in the rotation of vehicles in the first Alpha build I played. He was an infantry guy with barely any mobility, personnel sized weapons and almost no health. I got through a map as him once and felt pretty good about it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

SpaceClown posted:

Petition for a quote from that Best Friends Play video for his lore:

"A kid with a rock could kill you right now. Here comes that kid. He has a rock."

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Closed Casket Special, Footsoldier, MAX Difficulty pilot, No Alarms, All objectives

Run WHEN??

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
If anyone here is going to GDC and will be around on Friday night, it'd be awesome to have a Brigador party somewhere that isn't surrounded by explosive objects.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

SilentW posted:

If anyone here is going to GDC and will be around on Friday night, it'd be awesome to have a Brigador party somewhere that isn't surrounded by explosive objects.

So not really a Brigador party then

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Buff Skeleton posted:

So not really a Brigador party then

Lol. I'll be getting a rolling shitshow of devs together Friday after my talk is done. Once I know where we'll be going I'll post it.

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
I got both volumes of the Brigador OST in the mail. :woop:

Super good job on the art gauss!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I did a lovely five map run in the Rounder with the Zeus and the Mae Dois, and it's a pretty, pretty vehicle for sniping captains and cleaning up the rest. It really helped that I didn't run into a Spacer map even once -

Then I've been running some double Donkey varlets for funsies and it's spacers. Spacers all the way down.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've been appreciating the EMP a lot more lately when Spacer blobs come around.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Misandry Cannon posted:

I got both volumes of the Brigador OST in the mail. :woop:

Super good job on the art gauss!

Cheers, I've done a few album covers but nothing this high profile, and never seen it actually printed. I haven't gotten my vol 2 yet, I'm pumped to see how the gatefold turned out.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene
Also thanks everyone first for the procgen discussion--it casts an incredible allure but I think hand crafting with depth, detail (and secrets!) yields better results and is closer to my core competencies. So I don't think we'll be taking the plunge on procgen in any serious way for our next game, but it's still fun to talk about.

And second thank you for turning in more reviews to put us over the top on the coveted Overwhelmingly Positive rating. With an increased playerbase with the localization, hopefully that rating is maintained.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
It seemed like you guys enjoy rolling your own stuff, in general, so I can see the benefit of hand-crafted levels (despite the time/resource investment)

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

dhamster posted:

It seemed like you guys enjoy rolling your own stuff, in general, so I can see the benefit of hand-crafted levels (despite the time/resource investment)

Ironically hand-crafted is going to end up saving quite likely a lot of time, not lose it. Beating procgen into submission for handling level pacing and knitting pre-authored room into any kind of sensible flow? I imagine that would take a lot of "teaching" the algorithm that handles it logic, as well as stuffing the set of rooms ludicrously high before it seems like you're not constantly getting repeats.

Basically "random" is extremely hard to get right without very high content sets. On Darkest of Days, we had a pool of maybe 50? or so for sighting barks for the Confederates. Even if you put in some logic to stop them from say, yelling the same thing that one of their buddies just yelled, it was absurd how much the same exact phrase seemed to get thrown. Partly because you came across fairly large packs of dudes in that game. But I mean, just think of like dungeons in Skyrim or Oblivion. It is very easy to zero in on a very specific "random" dungeon place setting and get bored of it, despite a relatively very high amount of content.

It cedes too much control. I want to build a very large environment (of some stripe) and do it hand-crafted.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

So the other day I learned that "chook" is slang for chicken. This explains the name of the mech, and the look of it to boot!

Made the discovery in one of Ozzy Man's vids, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NCVH-hEgs

Makes me think Destination hosed would make a good name for an operation or map title.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Buff Skeleton posted:

So the other day I learned that "chook" is slang for chicken. This explains the name of the mech, and the look of it to boot!

Made the discovery in one of Ozzy Man's vids, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NCVH-hEgs

Makes me think Destination hosed would make a good name for an operation or map title.

No early exit with gasworks, waste outflow, and a special director algorithm to detect the map you are worst at in a loop?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Section Z posted:

No early exit with gasworks, waste outflow, and a special director algorithm to detect the map you are worst at in a loop?

Also you're playing Buff Skeleton Insane Death Wish difficulty

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Section Z posted:

Long Yard :smith:

I fuckin love that map though, but man I have died on it so many times. Especially when spawning in the north.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Waffle! posted:

Petition for a quote from that Best Friends Play video for his lore:

"A kid with a rock could kill you right now. Here comes that kid. He has a rock."

I would really like this.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Buff Skeleton posted:

a little lore spoiler here, but galinha is also portuguese for chicken. i named it that because the gun from early on had a kind of steady peck, peck, peck rhythm.

the chook is so named because it rides on a fork chassis. fork is the informal name for the vorwerkhuhn loyalist light mech.

which, you guessed it, is a german chicken breed.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
that bit had me wondering if there was a Dutch colony ship or something in with all the ones from [Portugal|Brazil]

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

gauss posted:

a little lore spoiler here, but galinha is also portuguese for chicken. i named it that because the gun from early on had a kind of steady peck, peck, peck rhythm.

the chook is so named because it rides on a fork chassis. fork is the informal name for the vorwerkhuhn loyalist light mech.

Vehicle Concept: Buk-buk
Tuk-tuk based food truck, enemies pursue but do not fire, civilians run towards it, large smell radius, no objectives, exits always open.

Weapon 1: Roast Chicken
Launches roast chicken with pressurized air cannon. Slow enough to bypass shields, but enough force to maim people on foot.

Weapon 2: Jerk Chicken
See previous, but leaves Tubarao cloud on impact.

Special: Smoker
Drops series of smoke grenades on own position, obstructs LOS, extremely large smell radius.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I want to play some Brigador before bed but the power's out :mad:

Mobile port when????

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gauss posted:

I love this

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I bought this game a couple of days ago and absolutely love it. I always wished I could take my Sim City 4 cities into this kind of future. And then destroy them with borderline genocidal tanks and mechs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fish Noise posted:

Vehicle Concept: Buk-buk
Tuk-tuk based food truck, enemies pursue but do not fire, civilians run towards it, large smell radius, no objectives, exits always open.

Weapon 1: Roast Chicken
Launches roast chicken with pressurized air cannon. Slow enough to bypass shields, but enough force to maim people on foot.

Weapon 2: Jerk Chicken
See previous, but leaves Tubarao cloud on impact.

Special: Smoker
Drops series of smoke grenades on own position, obstructs LOS, extremely large smell radius.

If y'all are considering an April Fools update this would own

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gauss posted:

vorwerkhuhn loyalist light mech.

is it named after the noise it makes

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Tumble posted:

I bought this game a couple of days ago and absolutely love it. I always wished I could take my Sim City 4 cities into this kind of future. And then destroy them with borderline genocidal tanks and mechs.

:tipshat: thanks man, we appreciate it. more content coming in a few months, then we are really going to make another game, honest.

is it named after the noise it makes

no, its named that because its a little chicken walker with chicken legs, and maschinen krieger units have german names. the fork is like my ode to the Kröte, possibly the finest chicken walker design ever (though one that canonically hops, not walks.)

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

anthony patch posted:

Lol. I'll be getting a rolling shitshow of devs together Friday after my talk is done. Once I know where we'll be going I'll post it.

Please do, I love this game and I'd love to meet you guys!

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Do not set the split delay of a projectile to zero. The system will explode as soon as you pull the trigger.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Do not set the split delay of a projectile to zero. The system will explode as soon as you pull the trigger.

Found on a post-it note hastily slapped to the side of the design bureau's latest prototype.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kai Tave posted:

Found on a post-it note hastily slapped to the side of the design bureau's latest prototype.

I want to see the Design bureau build a coffee shop chain, considering their past dabbling with espresso machines in their blueprints.

Is it a warcrime to weaponize spilling coffee on your lap?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 3, 2017

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Section Z posted:

I want to see the Design bureau build a coffee shop chain, considering their past dabbling with espresso machines in their blueprints.

Is it a warcrime to weaponize spilling coffee on your lap?
That depends on if the espresso machine has a tubarao setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

anthony patch posted:

anthony forgot about us, RIP