Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

I have never, not even once, stepped foot in the vet lounge. I don't even actually know where it is.

TBH depending on the people they're not that bad. Ours is mostly a bunch of older non-traditional students who happen to be veterans. Free coffee, nice couches and Netflix going all the time. Also I don't have to sit around listening to 18 year olds talking about vapid bullshit between classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah. Mine isn't bad because it's a more liberal college but still, there's mostly navy dudes anyways and that's like speaking French.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Soulex posted:

Yeah. Mine isn't bad because it's a more liberal college but still, there's mostly navy dudes anyways and that's like speaking French.

I got one of my Joe's hired at my job and somehow we ended up talking about our terrible African adventure, and poo poo all over the Navy dudes we had to work with.

Forgot one of our co-workers was a sailor, and one of those kind of pathetic guys who thinks he's the same dude from 20 years ago. He left the office today without saying a word.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

I thought the normal response to someone talking poo poo about your branch of service / unit / MOS was to tell even worse stories so they know how deep the hosed up rabbit hole actually goes. :confused:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you start sharing your mil stories with me I'll generally just let you think you had the most hosed up time even if you're just telling me about the Bagram fun run you did with a hangover and a stubbed toe.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pretty much same. There is always a more hosed up story. I thought my 1/25 rotation was bad at NTC until I saw this one on ArmyWTF.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Has everyone done their yearly "gently caress the Army" training on JKO? If not, I need your certs by COB today.

Yes, it's a Saturday, but you're a soldier 24/7.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

A Bad Poster posted:

Has everyone done their yearly "gently caress the Army" training on JKO? If not, I need your certs by COB today.

I'm the awkward silence when a unit turns in 100% of their certs, but an audit of the online training shows literally one person did it.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Woof Blitzer posted:

Hey idiot just do the gay little song and dance and maybe you'll come out ahead ok

doing20.txt

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i think sometimes we should pretend to me more friendly to people wanting to join and cheer them on all through the process and just laugh at them past the point of no return for our own amusement

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i think sometimes we should pretend to me more friendly to people wanting to join and cheer them on all through the process and just laugh at them past the point of no return for our own amusement

friend that's liable to be a criminal offense

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

you feel bad for your fellow recruiters?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

People are gonna join regardless. We just laugh when poo poo goes south. As we predicted.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you feel bad for your fellow recruiters?

the only people that I know still recruiting converted to it, meaning they'll be recruiters FOREVER so lol gently caress them really they're dead to me

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Spending the majority of the next 2 months in Yakima is really lame. All my lifting gains.... I'm going to be so weak when I can start lifting again. Then a month after that I get to go back out to Yakima again for 3 weeks.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Just lift with your truck's BII. Helllooooo, tow bars?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Probably possible during gunnery but I doubt I'll have the time to during PLT and CO force on force/live fire.

Can definitely do some squats, overhead presses and curls with a tow bar though. Most annoying thing would be strapping it back onto the stryker and doing the loop things so it looks all neat and squared away because this is the Army and if it's not all dress right dress I should go kill myself

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:cripes:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If it makes you feel better I will be on rear D the whole time, and won't be using the gym because gently caress it, and I'm on profile.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If it makes you feel better I'm out of the Army enjoying the good lfie

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

:420:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Out three years on Wednesday. :toot:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I'm literally 15 minutes past my ETS date right now. :toot:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
5 years and change. gently caress you army.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
April 17th will be three years since I hit terminal leave. May 4th will be three years since I've been out.

Happy cinco de fuckthearmy.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

6 years and change smdftb

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I got a "you will take a trip to the desert soon" fortune about a month before shipping to basic training

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

Mustang posted:

Spending the majority of the next 2 months in Yakima is really lame. All my lifting gains.... I'm going to be so weak when I can start lifting again. Then a month after that I get to go back out to Yakima again for 3 weeks.

Best way to keep your gains is to gtfo. Also gently caress Yakima, loving moon dust.

15 years out as of today. gently caress you Army.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Coupon posted:

Best way to keep your gains is to gtfo.

So much truth.

The army don't want you strong. They want you skinny and to run fast. Nothing else matters.

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

not caring here posted:

So much truth.

The army don't want you strong. They want you skinny and to run fast. Nothing else matters.

The only gains the Army cares about is heart. It's heart that gets you that perfect PT score, nothing else.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Two weeks left before I start clearing post and then terminal leeeeeeeave!

I'm quite excited.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Coupon posted:

The only gains the Army cares about is heart. It's heart that gets you that perfect PT score, nothing else.

that's called cardiomegaly and you die from it.

army strong hooah *has heart attack from massive ingestion of rip its and dip*

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MurderBot posted:

that's called cardiomegaly and you die from it.

army strong hooah *has heart attack from massive ingestion of rip its and dip*

Actually you had a heart attack from not enough heart hth

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

A true soldier knows he is having a heart attack, takes a knee and drinks some water from his canteen on his pistol belt, then drives on singing cadence.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

"hey doc i'm have a ton of chest pain and I have high blood pressure"

you got high blood pressure because you don't change your socks enough!

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Mustang posted:

Probably possible during gunnery but I doubt I'll have the time to during PLT and CO force on force/live fire.

Can definitely do some squats, overhead presses and curls with a tow bar though. Most annoying thing would be strapping it back onto the stryker and doing the loop things so it looks all neat and squared away because this is the Army and if it's not all dress right dress I should go kill myself

you could probably buy some trx straps and bring a kettlebell. i didnt really like trx straps but there are plenty of super jacked dudes on instagram that like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I broke a TRX strap once. That stupid samurai exercise.

That poo poo will break you the gently caress off though. Especially that old rear end Chinese dude who gives TRX classes on mainfort. Near the I Corps HQ. not the big gym. The small one. Wilson I think.

Dude is 60 something and will dominate that poo poo.