Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmm, I don't know. I doubt we're gonna get paralogue sibling 20 because that's a lot of free orbs
FTFY

I'd like to see some challenge type puzzle maps where you use a set of pre-specified characters to solve the map. I was actually hoping the paralogues would be like that. You'd get a taste of the new banner characters as well as different gameplay from the main story or arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Wassbix posted:

Just saw this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5wgnxj/thats_21_takumis/

Twenty
One

Takumis

The choice quote

"This means he has spent $32142.86 assuming he's extremely lucky/got all of his takumis on double chance banner (the 20k per 7 takumi assumption) or $64285.71 in the general chance case (40k per 7 takumi)."

While there are mentally ill people that these games take advantage of, the game has been hacked for quite a while now.

Someone with that many Takumis probably spent $0.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
actually, masked man is the third generation offspring of zacharias and someone, which produced a daughter, then gerome and that daughter

the mask is a hand me down, and minervykins got fed up with this bullshit and left

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

cheetah7071 posted:

The next banner will include Arvis and Deirdre

Would whale for that.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

sassassin posted:

While there are mentally ill people that these games take advantage of, the game has been hacked for quite a while now.

Someone with that many Takumis probably spent $0.

You can only hack clientside data

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i can understand whaling to get a single instance of a character you like (Henry), but I can't understand spending that much to have a team of Takumis

like, he had some interesting moments but he's a wet fart of a character.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

i can understand whaling to get a single instance of a character you like (Henry), but I can't understand spending that much to have a team of Takumis

like, he had some interesting moments but he's a wet fart of a character.

He's the second best royal from fates, admittedly a low bar to clear, if only because he doesn't instantly stat slobbering over Corrin's knob.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Which of these units profit the most from getting promoted? Merric has been underperforming (aside from swatting Camillas/Catrias out of the sky), so I'm considering promoting Tharja but I also want to get Kagero to *5 at some point (I think she's +Def, -HP). Promoting one of my *3 Robins would be another option but I already have too many blue units to choose from.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Somehow I have yet to roll an armor unit

That plus my conspicuous lack of spear users makes me want them to start having banners that boost rates for specific types

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Retcon posted:

Which of these units profit the most from getting promoted? Merric has been underperforming (aside from swatting Camillas/Catrias out of the sky), so I'm considering promoting Tharja but I also want to get Kagero to *5 at some point (I think she's +Def, -HP). Promoting one of my *3 Robins would be another option but I already have too many blue units to choose from.

Kagero, Marth or Eirika get the most out of promotion.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Decided to draw from the new banner.

First draw was a 3-star Clarine. Stopped right there because I was laughing too hard.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

dragon enthusiast posted:

People are hacking rolls by changing the character after its revealed. The server accepts the new information without issue.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Somehow I have yet to roll an armor unit

That plus my conspicuous lack of spear users makes me want them to start having banners that boost rates for specific types

Protip: Buy blue orbs.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

sassassin posted:

People are hacking rolls by changing the character after its revealed. The server accepts the new information without issue.

This sounds like some "my uncle works at nintendo" non-sense. Given DeNA is a super experience mobage dev I somehow doubt they let Gacha be decided client side.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

sassassin posted:

Protip: Buy blue orbs.

I want events where you're more likely to roll 4*/5* out of blue orbs, and for blue orbs to appear more frequently

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Clawtopsy posted:

actually, masked man is the third generation offspring of zacharias and someone, which produced a daughter, then gerome and that daughter

the mask is a hand me down, and minervykins got fed up with this bullshit and left

I was gonna say this, he's probably not actually Zacharias. I mean Lucina pretended to be Marth and everyone was like "Oh look, it's Marth" until they showed off Lucina later. :shrug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Wassbix posted:

This sounds like some "my uncle works at nintendo" non-sense. Given DeNA is a super experience mobage dev I somehow doubt they let Gacha be decided client side.

People are definitely able to hack enemies on their teams. There's videos of people transforming their lovely level 1 3-stars into 5-star Xanders

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I've read elsewhere that the masked man has a name in the game's internal files. It's apparently Bruno.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

cheetah7071 posted:

People are definitely able to hack enemies on their teams. There's videos of people transforming their lovely level 1 3-stars into 5-star Xanders

That's client side while you're in a map. That's completely doable and happens in lot of games. The only thing the server cares about in the end is that you cleared the map or not with whatever XP you earned. When you leave the map you don't keep those units.

The screenshot is from a player running into it in Arena, so it's data being pulled server side, which is a completely different beast.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Wassbix posted:

DeNa is just consulting afaik.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You can change the draw and change the + value on characters (and then send them home for millions of feathers).

No one spent $60k on Takumis.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

sassassin posted:

You can change the draw and change the + value on characters (and then send them home for millions of feathers).

No one spent $60k on Takumis.

[citations needed]

Meanwhile we have people like this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCpVSRTEXqk

:eyepop:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Wassbix posted:

[citations needed]

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
That screenshot is the definition of client side that anyone with a debugger can do. It's not news unless the data is also accepted by the server's.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Apparently the game is dumb and asks the client what it rolled in order to update the player's roster (even though the server already knows because it delivered the roll), meaning you can spoof the roll request's response and make the game think you totally rolled, say, Xander or Navarre (who're not even released but are playable) and they'll stick around.

It seems it has overall pretty weak checks because a guy on the Reddit also had videos spoofing level ups (one level takes the character to 5* 40+10) and inventories (one use of shards gives him 100k in return).

https://www.reddit.com/user/barthen
That guy has been posting the unreleased characters' stats (Ursula's there, actually.) and youtubes with the above cheats.

As I'd expected, Ursula has Blárwolf.
She also has Growing Thunder, Death Blow, Threaten Res, 25 base Atk (+10 from Blárwolf+), 32 Spd, 35 HP, 22 Def and 30 Res. Things could change before release, ofc.

E: Actually now that I think about it with a more skeptical mindset ChronoReverse is right, this could all be done client-side and the dude could indeed be lying.
Either way, Ursula info.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 28, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kyte posted:

Apparently the game is dumb and asks the client what it rolled in order to update the player's roster (even though the server already knows because it delivered the roll), meaning you can spoof the roll request's response and make the game think you totally rolled, say, Xander or Navarre (who're not even released but are playable) and they'll stick around.

It seems it has overall pretty weak checks because a guy on the Reddit also had videos spoofing level ups (one level takes the character to 5* 40+10) and inventories (one use of shards gives him 100k in return).

https://www.reddit.com/user/barthen
That guy has been posting the unreleased characters' stats (Ursula's there, actually.) and youtubes with the above cheats.

As I'd expected, Ursula has Blárwolf.
She also has Growing Thunder, Death Blow, Threaten Res, 25 base Atk (+10 from Blárwolf+), 32 Spd, 35 HP, 22 Def and 30 Res. Things could change before release, ofc.

This is real dumb, but at least it seems like Nintendo could easily detect when it happens and ban people

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope they never catch on and never ban people because anything that lets people defeat bad gacha rates is a good thing imo. death to capitalism.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

gacha again

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It should be pretty trivial to actually prove. All you would need to do is do the permanent hack and then set the character as your lead in the left-most team. Then your friends would see the character if this weren't just client-side.

Cheating to win a map or even arena is well-within the realms of client-side hacking. I think most gacha games don't require a server response for each and every move. This is why you have things like the instant-win mods for Dokkan Battle for instance.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Someone just tell me how to make the game think I have Sanaki.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think I might just hoard my orbs from here on out until someone really cool shows up. Eventually they're going to start giving us villain banners, right?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm gonna start using Odin even though people say he's bad because he's cool and nice.

Kinda wish that they reduce feather cost if you level them higher than level 20, the feather costs are criminal.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm gonna start using Odin even though people say he's bad because he's cool and nice.

Kinda wish that they reduce feather cost if you level them higher than level 20, the feather costs are criminal.

The feather costs are fine for everything short of five stars. You can get one guy upgraded a week, in addition to any event bonuses, which is pretty fair.

It's the five star cost that's insane.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
people are mean and won't lose to my defense team so I get like 1300 feathers at most per arena run

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
spent the orbs I got from doing all the content in the game so far, 180, on the new banner. all i got was a 5 star cordellia.

this game is pretty boring, ran out of content quickly and the slot machine is an rear end in a top hat that barely gives anything. guess i'm done.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Hope this game will give out free 5* pulls soon

If it's done like other mobage have done it, you'd get one chance to take a crack at a pentagram with a red/blue/green/silver/yellow orb (where yellow can be any attribute)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I don't think they're going to be making any significant changes to the gacha this early in the game's lifespan

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

U-DO Burger posted:

I don't think they're going to be making any significant changes to the gacha this early in the game's lifespan

If anything the free five pulls will be saved for special occasions and fancy milestone rewards like Fire Emblem's birthday.

Tired Moritz posted:

people are mean and won't lose to my defense team so I get like 1300 feathers at most per arena run

My single defense win made me happier than all of my PVP vicotries combined.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Mr. Unlucky posted:

spent the orbs I got from doing all the content in the game so far, 180, on the new banner. all i got was a 5 star cordellia.

this game is pretty boring, ran out of content quickly and the slot machine is an rear end in a top hat that barely gives anything. guess i'm done.

lmao this is too perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Nuebot posted:

If anything the free five pulls will be saved for special occasions and fancy milestone rewards like Fire Emblem's birthday.

My single defense win made me happier than all of my PVP vicotries combined.

What team composition are you guys using?