Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jerusalem posted:

Are we sure Anthem isn't just Dixie Carter in a suit with a fake mustache?

Dixie loving loves Jeff Hardy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Oh my god TNA what the hell is wrong with you.

At least they avoided hiring Vince Russo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo, TNA.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

At least they avoided hiring Vince Russo

...for now.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Meh, Tna.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LU is in the worst position because AAA is literally psychotic, they have no deal beyond what's already filmed, its expensive as poo poo to make and they've run off most of the people their already decaying fan base loved.

TNA has new owners seemingly committed to paying bills and they at least have a tv contract that currently seems okay with them as long as they're willing to exist. Product wise they've at least improved in recent months although a lot of that was because of the Hardy's, who are now leaving.

ROH has backstage issues and have lost a lot of people, but they've always dealt with losing people, their matches are still pretty good, their TV is tied to their owners and I still believe there's a chance Delirious could be ousted if things really got bad, regardless of his relationship with Joe Koff. They're way worse off than they've been in a long while, but there's more security because of TV and because I think it's still more salvageable than the other two.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
Until TNA try to copyright the whole Broken gimmick to prevent the Hardys from using it anywhere else I don't think anyone else has an argument for a company being worse than AAA right now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hardys to WWE is further along than the WRESTLING MEDIA can report or in fact know. They may have already done the medical.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

How do you do something so stupid Jeff Hardy immediately loses interest :stare:

You spend so much time doing it that Jeff sobers up mid-meeting and realizes that you are not Vince McMahon.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apparently they don't have a no compete clause and could appear elsewhere as early as next week

But nobody's sure who owns Broken and both sides say they control that character

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

more very encouraging news from PWInsider. karen jarrett fans, be excited!!!!!

quote:

Jeff Jarrett will oversee everything as the Chief Creative Officer. We have heard he won't be on TV anytime soon, but I would be shocked if the company didn't utilize Karen Jarrett as an on camera personality as soon as this week's TV.

There are expected to changes to talent contracts as the company goes further. Previously, talents were paid by the episode they appeared in on TV, so if, for example, Robbie E. worked four different episodes in the span of one taping day, he was paid per episode appearance. We are hearing that the company is shifting to a pay scale that would be per date, so if E now worked those four different episodes, it would count as one payday because he worked the one date. In some cases, talent will only be able to work approved independent dates and will be required to pay the company 10% of their wrestling earnings outside of TNA. There's been a lot of talk among talents we've heard from about royalty payments changing as well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

Apparently they don't have a no compete clause and could appear elsewhere as early as next week

But nobody's sure who owns Broken and both sides say they control that character

Either way, I'm sure WWE would want the Hardys to have a gimmick they, the WWE, could own.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Davros1 posted:

Either way, I'm sure WWE would want the Hardys to have a gimmick they, the WWE, could own.

"Damaged" Matt Hardy

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

tna is really good

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Aye Doc posted:

:aronrex:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

They may have already done the medical.

Jeff: I failed my drug test.... they didn't find any drugs :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lol Karen is going to be the new on screen female authority they assault and put through a table for ratings

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Lol Karen is going to be the new on screen female authority they assault and put through a table for ratings

Jeff would have her put someone through a table

Congrats Aron Rex

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I thought they already expired.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Hardys to WWE is further along than the WRESTLING MEDIA can report or in fact know. They may have already done the medical.

The store thing is the smoking gun for me. They're making a lot of money right now and why shut it down if you don't have to.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I thought they already expired.

Hardys deals end this week. Galloway is the only one already gone

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

The store thing is the smoking gun for me. They're making a lot of money right now and why shut it down if you don't have to.

New Day build ice cream machine, turn it on, and out pop the Broken Hardyz

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

Looking at the planned new paying conditions, just how loving stupid do you have to be to actually sign any new contract with TNA at this point? Work more matches for less money per match, pay TNA for matches in other feds they have jackshit to do with, and 'new royalty payments', which no doubt mean 'lower royalty payments'? Am I to assume that Maria and her husband would be two people who are indeed so loving stupid, seeing as how they signed new contracts with TNA, or do they still get 'better' conditions?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

That and the "unless something major changes" line major news sites are using is code for WWE medical.

But the Hardys either did the medical today or will tomorrow.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I read that and google imaged Ed Nordholm and got the only answer I really could have.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aye Doc posted:

But at least the talent will still get TV exposure!

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

TNA Discussion for March is new owners, some how even more stupid

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Heard they were looking to cut pay 30% on top of the per taping thing.

So let's say you work for $100 per episode. So if you worked two episodes in a day under the Dixie regime you'd get $200 for that day.

Now you'd just $70 for that day. And realistically you are working the second episode free. AND the odd Xplosion match.

Just wow.

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 28, 2017

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The next step is "we can't actually pay you anything, but think of the exposure!"

e:fb

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This company is worthless and the new owners want to actually try to make some money out of it. Tough spot for the talent.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Heard they were looking to cut pay 30% on top of the per taping thing.

So let's say you work for $100 per episode. So if you worked two episodes in a day under the Dixie regime you'd get $200 for that day.

Now you'd just $70 for that day. And realistically you are working the second episode free. AND the odd Xplosion match.

Just wow.

What incentive does a person have to re-sign? At this point it can't just be TV exposure

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Jeff: I failed my drug test.... they didn't find any drugs :smith:

And you just know he studied so hard, too :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

What incentive does a person have to re-sign? At this point it can't just be TV exposure

The only people left will be the bottom dregs of the roster, who are either too lovely for better promotions or burned their bridges everywhere else.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

rovert posted:

Does the medical include a urine test?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/836375652144136192 https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/836376090998341632

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If the company has to cut costs dramatically it's probably smart not to re-sign these guys. However, fans marking out over the fact their company has to cut costs dramatically is pretty funny

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

If the company has to cut costs dramatically it's probably smart not to re-sign these guys. However, fans marking out over the fact their company has to cut costs dramatically is pretty funny

the obsessive side of TNA fanbase's response to this has been "thank god they're gone, they've been playing dixie and TNA like fools to get that money! no more free rides!" it's amazing

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
new plan: let TNA promote the GFW champions as the TNA champs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Cutting costs is fine. If what's being printed is true about how badly TNA was trying to screw the Hardy's re: outside bookings it's completely stupid.

• Locked thread